15.

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Fifteen: Threat
(A/N: chapter requires edit.)

"I have no plans of retrieving my old seat, but I need to act normal." I told myself as I slowly walked down the hallway on Monday after Hae Ra's departure from my class. I'm glad I've one problem diminished, but this means Jungkook will have to sit with us on lunch. I am planning to act like everything's okay. I don't really want to make this an issue between me and Jungkook. Just. No.

"Good morning, Hyesoo." Jungkook greeted as I saw him leaning on the wall just beside our classroom's door. He looked at my hand as he saw a tulip in my grasp. Yes, I saw this in my locker again and there was no note written on it. I noticed that Jungkook frowned momentarily, but smiled again, "You're sitting beside me again, right?"

I looked away from him as I shrugged, "I don't know, I'm more comfortable on my new seat."

I could see the look on his face, he suddenly pouted as if he was a kid that was losing in a game. That was something that I couldn't resist. Anyway, you have decided like everything is okay, right? Just let it be but don't forget to guard your heart. "I'm kidding." I said meekly as I walked past him and sat on my original seat- beside him. He skipped happily and sat beside me as he looked at me in awe. In Hye and Eun Mi who were in front of us, turned to us as they gave us a stare.

"Good morning, ladies." I said, keeping the tulip on my bag's pocket.

"I am starting to wonder who keeps on giving that flower." Eun Mi wondered, "Do you have an idea?"

"I don't really know the whole male population around so..." I said, looking at the flower. Jungkook made a tch sound as he said, "Told you, he's a creep."

"You look so affected with Hyesoo's admirer," In Hye pointed. Jungkook fixed his tie as he looked at the front, "Not that I am affected, I just don't trust the man."

Eun Mi looked at him with interest, "Do you know him? I think her admirer's cool. He's keeping himself a secret but is not making Hyesoo assume with something. I know someone who does that."

"Does what?" Jungkook asked.

"Making the girl assume things, and in the end will only make her wait in vain. Hurt her feelings..."

"Are you two fighting over this unknown... man?" I said, trying to break the tension. I am sure that everything that Eun Mi is saying is meant for Jungkook. Why? Because that was what I felt. I just have no idea how they knew about my situation with this man. I told no one about my feelings... yet.

Jungkook sighed as he looked at me, "Your admirer, he is not... only an admirer."

"Then what is he? A stalker? What?" In Hye said.

Jungkook looked like he wasn't going to tell everything. He looked frustrated and his cheeks were slightly pink as we looked at him in curiosity. He shook his hand in front of us, a gesture that says he will not say anything more. "Forget it, you haven't observed things with that admirer of yours."

"What is it?" I whined.

"Never mind." He said, looking away from me. "You'll know eventually."

In Hye and Eun Mi just gave up with getting answers from him, which was new. They turned to mind their own business, while I was curious as hell to what Jungkook was trying to say. "Hey, Jeon Jungkook. What is my admirer?"

"A human, duh." He said sarcastically.

"Jungkook!" I said in a disgusting whiny voice. I was literally sulking on my seat, getting near to throwing tantrums at him. "Just tell me."

Jungkook looked at me as he was joyously watching me act like a kid, "I'm not telling, okay? I'm not telling what I saw."

"You saw him?!" I blurted. In Hye and Eun Mi turned back at us again upon hearing what I said.

"You did?" Both said in unison.

Jungkook could only gave us a serious look, "I'm no longer saying anything other than that."

"Come on, you're not telling his identity? Aren't you being selfish?" In Hye said.

"No, I'm trying not to ruin the man's plan of being a secret admirer." He used his finger to make a quote gesture in the air. Eun Mi smirked as she said, "That's so kind of you, but you're still a jerk."

"Excuse me?" He asked.

"Nothing." Eun Mi grinned. Jungkook then excused himself as he went out of the classroom, with his phone in grasp.

"The girlfriend must be checking." In Hye rolled her eyes.

"You should've just told him you like him before things get out of hand." Eun Mi said. "Now you're trying to act as is nothing was wrong with your current status with that kid."

"What? I don't..."

The two of them looked at me with their comforting gazes, "We know that you like him." In Hye said, "Aside from the fact that it was quite obvious, Jimin told us you cried the moment you witnessed how the two got back together."

"Knowing you, you're not going to cry because he ditched the performance. You cried because you were hurt." Eun Mi concluded.

"Don't worry, we'll do our best with helping you getting that man." In Hye winked.

I gave her a laugh, "Hae Ra is a nice girl, she deserved Jungkook. I don't want to intrude."

...

The day passed with me not talking to Jungkook as much I did before, but would casually bother him whenever I am trying to ask about the man who kept on giving me flowers. However, it seems that he will stick to his 'I am not telling more than that' rule. Dismissal arrived and I was on my way out of the school grounds when I saw Jungkook, standing under the cherry blossom tree like he would always do. I was hesitating if I should go out now or not, but he saw me and waved his hand at me. I waved a hand back and was about to pass by him when he followed and walked towards my side. "Do you need anything?" I asked him, trying to act calm and collected.

"What?" He frowned in confusion as he said, "We are supposed to go together to the cafe, remember?"

"Well, we always do that... before." I muttered.

Jungkook messily ran his hand on my hair as he said, "Before? What is different with before that has changed now?"

"Your relationship status?" I said. "People aren't suppose to see you with me, with... just the two of us. Because you have a girlfriend and they might look at us wrongly."

"I don't see anything wrong with walking with you, with just the two of us. Because you are my friend." He smiled, attempting to place an arm around me, but I was quick to dodge it. Instead, he scratched the back of his head. "I'm also going to the cafe, I'm meeting Hae Ra."

I looked down, holding onto my bag's straps. "I'm glad you're back with her." Remembering the incident a while ago, I looked at him and asked, "So who's the one giving me flowers?"

"It's for you to find out on your own, okay?" He said in a teasing tone.

"Then what does he looks like? Is he tall? His complexion?" I kept on rambling questions until Jungkook and I stopped walking because of the signal light.

"He's like me." He said. I looked at him in confusion. He gave me a quick gaze as he said, "He's a bad man."

I gave him a blank look as I said, "Then maybe I should stay away from him."

After that, no one uttered a word and kept quiet the whole walk we had towards the cafe. When we arrived, we saw Hae Ra waiting for Jungkook, and Jimin giving her a coffee. Hae Ra looked at me with a serious look, remembering what she told me just last week. I bowed at her as I went to the staff room without looking at Jungkook. I noticed that Jimin followed me as the door opened when I was getting my things from the locker. "Hey." I greeted as I gave him a quick look. He sat on the long bench in the middle of the room as he said, "You went here with Jungkook?"

"Sort of." I said. I placed my bag in the locker for a moment, taking out a white envelope from it and sat beside Jimin. "I can't really stop him, you know."

"This what what I am afraid of." He spoke, "You finally fell for him."

"I was dumb." I laughed.

"You're not," he said. "He is."

"I'm doing my best to avoid interactions with the couple." I told him. "I don't really want him to know everything. He is way better with Hae Ra."

"Right." He smiled, standing up. "I'll leave you now, so you can change your clothes."

I smiled at him, "I just went here to give this to get my things."

"Hmm?" He looked at me in confusion.

I raised the white envelope as I said, "Jungkook and Hae Ra are always in this place, and I wouldn't want to see them here."

"You can't be..."

"I'm leaving my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter