03.

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three: Hype
(A/N: edited.)

The fifteen minute drive towards a place I don't know was frightfully silent. No one dared to talk, especially me. I don't want to be kissed by Jungkook but I think the vodka was making me want to dare him because his voice was ringing loudly in my head. It's crazy. Jungkook's phone continued to ring and he did not dare to answer it. I was afraid Jungkook was going to take me somewhere I don’t know and I was getting more nervous as time ticks. Arriving at a cafe, he parked the car at an empty lot and turned the engine off. He leaned on his seat for a while looking at his phone. I heard him sigh as he threw it at the back of his car and took off his seat belt, "Don't go anywhere." He told me before going out the car. I watched him enter the cafe and then I sighed. What the hell is wrong with him? Why did he took me here? I was trying my best to avoid him but there he was, kidnapping me from my friends. After acting nice, he could have just take me to In Hye and Eun Mi and left. But he took me to the cafe and left me in the car.

"He is seriously making me crazy." I groaned as I heard his phone rang again. At first I tried to ignore it, but the phone call must be so important because it has been ringing for almost twenty times already. I took off my seatbelt and went to the back of the car and look for his phone. It was lying on the back seat. I carefully held it and looked at the caller ID, "Choi Hae Ra." I said as I looked at the caller's picture. She was a girl full of beauty and youth. Her smile was so radiant that you could stare at it for a long time. The phone stopped ringing, a few seconds after, the phone beeped for a message. I hesitantly unlocked the phone and saw the message.

Choi Hae Ra

Jungkook, answer the phone. We need to talk. You can't leave like that, you took Namjoon oppa's car again. Where are you?

Who exactly is Choi Hae Ra and why does she want to talk to Jungkook? I immediately dropped the phone and went back to my seat when I saw Jungkook went out of the cafe with two covered cups in his hand. I placed my seat belt back as Jungkook entered the car. He sat on the driver's seat and handed me one cup, "What's that?" I asked.

"Tea," he said as he sipped on his own cup. "That will help you from your hangover tomorrow. You drank a lot of vodka and that will give you a problem tomorrow."

I took the cup and stared at him, "Were you watching me a while ago?"

"Shut up and drink that." He said.

"Why are you kind and disgusting at the same time? I don't like it." I told him as I sipped my tea. The sweet flavor tasted like honey and I liked it.

"You know what, you will surely feel embarrassed with what you are telling me the whole night." He chuckled. “That is not an act of kindness.”

"Do you care?"

"No."

"Then let me go, I want to go home." I spoke as I drew small circles on my cup. “Why did you take me here? You disgust me, seriously.”

“You’re the safest person to be with at this moment.” He said, suddenly the atmosphere went serious, it was as if he was going to open up. “You have to admit, I am not the only one who thinks that place can be suffocating at times.”

“Why so? I can’t believe you’re saying that.” I said, looking at my cup, “You look like someone who wants to take all the alcohol he can and die there.”

“That’s why it’s suffocating,” he said. “I always end up having the worst headache every time I try.”

“So you actually tried killing yourself with that?” I blurted.

Smiling, he spoke, “I was hoping I would die without me remembering how painful it was, or I would wake up one day not remembering anything about me or anyone. I want to be someone else I have never been.”

“You know that is impossible.” I remarked.

“Dying is.” He said.

“It’s never an option that you’ll do, fate will.” I said. “You don’t kill yourself, you shouldn’t.”

Jungkook looked at me with an earnest smile, it was scary because he said, “You believe in fate? You believe that when you die without your knowing, it is your fate to be? What if I planned that we die together without telling you? Will you accept it like that?”

I went quiet for a while, is he planning to kill himself again? “What the hell is wrong with you? Can I punch you? You’re an annoying creature. You disgust me it makes me want to pour this drink on you so you feel pain.”

“I like you boldness when you’re drunk.” He smiled, “But go on, I’m used with the pain.”

I looked at him with the earnest concern I had ever given to anyone. “Why did you turn into this? Why are you shutting everyone out? Why did you give up with life? What happened? I don’t believe you would love to die than live.”

Jungkook was looking outside when he finished his tea and threw the cup outside, “I am just tired of trusting people, I am done with all these bulls I’ve been through.”

“Jungkook, you can tell me anything, I can help you.”

“I don’t need it.” He said.

“Can’t you trust me?” I asked, looking at him. He looked back at me and his eyes were telling something I couldn’t comprehend.

“Maybe.” He said. “But this is not your business, you don’t have to act all worried because I don’t need anyone’s sympathy.”

“You know you can’t always avoid this,” I said. “You have to tell someone, or me, what was wrong. You can’t always keep your feelings within yourself.”

“Why are you so persistent? Why do you want to know?” he asked.

I stopped, why? Why am I even asking him? Why do I want to know what happened to him? “I… I don’t know.” I looked down.

“I will take you home now, let’s go.” He said.

“Take me home so you could plan your next death stunt?” I said, “Cut the crap and take me back to Namjoon’s house.”

“So you can drink more vodka?” he said.

“Maybe?” I smiled. “Shut up and drive now.”

Jungkook was stubborn, he didn’t take me to Namjoon’s house and took me home instead. “How did you know where I live?” I asked him, surprised.

He was looking at me when he said, “Hospital record.” They were the one who wrote my hospital information last time. Maybe they got it from my ID. “Oh,” I replied.

“Get in, it’s getting colder.” He said.

I took off my seatbelt and looked at him before I open the door, “You’re not going to kill yourself, right?”

He chuckled, my imaginations and running wild again. “For now, I won’t. I will think about everything that you told me a while ago.”

“What is there to think about, Jungkook?” I told him, “Don’t even dare to die or what, learn the word hope and moving on.”

“Get in your house.” He said.

“I have one last question.” I spoke. “Will we be friends at school after this?”

He looked at me in confusion, “My friends call you cold city man, do you that?” I asked.

“No.”

“Now you do, don’t act like one. Everyone misses the angel Jungkook they used to know.” I said, smiling at him. His blank face was so cute I had to mess with his hair, I ruffled his hair and said, “Stay safe.”

I went out the car and walked on the side walk. I looked at Jungkook, who opened his car window. “Jungkook.” I called, “Answer the phone, it has been ringing the whole time and it almost annoyed me too.”

He gave me no expression and started to drive off. I watched the car vanish from my sight. It will take a lot of time before he stops giving pain for himself.

“Why did you left without telling us?” In Hye and Eun Mi bombarded me with questions when I arrived at school on Monday. They told me that they were totally hyped-up with the party but all of a sudden they grew worried because I was lost.

“I went home.” I answered, “You guys were busy with dancing so I had to leave that fast.”

“A~” Eun Mi said, giving me a smirk, “Who brought you home?”

“What?” I asked her, clueless. Eun Mi sat on Jungkook’s chair as she placed her arm around me, “Jungkook used Namjoon’s car to bring you home, am I right?”

“Seriously?” In Hye exclaimed. “How did that happen? Did he talk to you? What did you do, where have you been? Is it me or that gave me a massive headache? Ugh.”

I looked at the two of them with a boring look, “Nothing.” I sighed. “He bought me tea then took me home.”

“That’s it?”

“That’s it.” I said, “Come on, why are you guys making an issue out of this? Jungkook and I will never be a love line. I am here to study, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter