14.

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Fourteen: Pain
(A/N: chapter requires edit.)


"Okay then, I will tell the MC that Hyesoo will be performing last." The organizer of the event told me and the rest of my friends, three minutes before the performances begin. I was originally the third to perform but since Jungkook is not around, we were given the chance to look for him, which is roughly forty five minutes. However, I really have no idea where to find him so I have to stick to my next plan.

"Hyesoo." Jimin walked towards me and sat beside me. Every participant were already lined up outside, while I was inside the room, trying to clear up my mind. I looked up at him and gave him a smile. "Hyesoo, is there a way for me to help you?"

I shook my head, "No, it's okay. I can handle this."

Jimin could only sigh as he sat on the couch beside the door, still looking at me. I appreciate the fact that he wanted to help me, but there is no way for me to perform in that stage with anyone else. Call me brat, but all I want is Jungkook for me to sing with in that performance. It was him that I want to be with and it is him that I want to see in the same picture.

“No one know where Jungkook is, but…” she continued. “Hae Ra is nowhere to be found as well.”

A part of me is worried with the fact that Jungkook is not around because of his family, it was a never a secret to me that Jungkook have this complicated relationship with his family and the worst thing that could happen os for him to repeat whatever happened before I met him. I am afraid for his safety. But a huge part of me is worried that Hae Ra is with Jungkook, and that he chose to be with Hae Ra rather than doing the performance with me. If that ever happens, I have no idea what I would do next, what I would feel, what would happen to me. My feelings were in deep mess from all the things that happened the past week and it will be in deeper mess if things get rocky.

"What are you going to do now?" Jimin spoke.

"Maybe, ask for everyone's pity so that I will win?" I laughed, but Jimin only looked at me with worry, his forehead was creased. I walked towards him and poked his forehead. "Jimin oppa, you don't really have to worry about me. I know there are my classmates who are looking forward for me to win this thing, but I realized that if pressure gets into me, things will go wrong."

Jimin held my hand and smiled, "Just enjoy yourself there and make us proud."

"Hey, lovebirds." Taehyung peeked from the door and pointed his index finger to the both of us. "Hyesoo, you should get by the backstage now." Taehyung then gave Jimin a blank stare, "Man, you don't touch a pretty lady's hand like that."

Jimin and I chuckled as he stood up and let go of my hand. We went out and saw my friends, looking at me in awe. Eun Mi walked towards me as she pulled me into a hug, "Namjoon can rap, Principal Bang said he can go with you on stage."

"If one of these guys will help me for this performance, everyone will think of it in a wrong, I know they will." I told them, "I will be alright, okay?"

Jin walked towards me and placed an arm on my shoulder, "When you're on stage, don't think that everyone is looking at you, don't listen to what they are saying and just focus on you. Enjoy yourself and think of a reason to why you are doing this."

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you." I smiled.

"Hyesoo, you're really pretty." Hoseok complimented.

"I vow to treat you dinner," Yoongi raised his hand. "Do well, okay?"

I nodded and looked at each one of them. I know, Jungkook is all I needed to lower down the tension I am feeling within me, but these balls of motivation makes me want to cry because they are here backstage and not one of the audience to watch. They are here with me to tell me that I am not alone and that no matter what happens, all they care for is my happiness and contentment. "Can I hug all of you?"

"Aww~" the boys cooed as they gathered around and hugged me. Their warmth made me more comfortable and less nervous. After that hug, the coordinator went to backstage and said that it's my turn.

"Enjoy!" They said. I took the mic from the coordinator and gave them an assuring smile.

"Last but definitely not the least, from class 4-1, Cha Hye Soo and Jeon Jung Kook!" Said the MC as I walked in the middle of the stage. I can see my classmates cheerig for me, but some were curious to why I am alone. Where is Jungkook? Why is she alone? What's going to happen to us? I took a deep breath. You will do well, Hye Soo. Own this stage.

The music played and I started to sing the lyrics, suddenly thinking of every good memory that I had with Jungkook, to the first time we met, until the day we danced together.


There are so many things I can’t say
You never hear it even once
Someone that is shown in front of me
My love, it’s not that kind of love


Inside all those people in the world
To me, i was only able to see you
I’m standing only looking at you
I don’t know about the future after our love
At this moment I’ll embrace you like a young child


Even if your name becomes unfamiliar someday
My heart will keep it as memory
Even though a sad farewell is to come
Don’t think about that today
Inside all those people in the world
To me, i was only able to see you
I am standing only looking at you
I don’t know about the future after our love
I will hug you closer with warmth like a young child


It seems that I’m not alone
Today at that place
I’ll be there embraced by only you


Closer (Kim Taeyeon)


I like Jungkook. That was what I realized after finishing the whole song. For now, I don't care if it's only me that is infatuated to him, all I care about is for me to be able to show how I like him.

"Wow, that was a very wonderful performance! Let's give Cha Hye Soo a round of applause!" The male MC, Hyungsik, said as he and his partner, Ji Eun, walked towards me. I bowed in front of the audience and they gave loud and warm applause, never have I felt this fulfilled with a task.

"You are definitely Bangtan High School's Kim Taeyeon, what do you think?" Ji Eun looked at the audience. They roared and cheered for me. "But why are you alone? Every muse has to have their own partner." She asked as she turned to face me.

I saw that my friends were already one of the audience who were giving of their supportive gazes. I smiled as I told them, "My partner has to go, there was an urgent business that he had to do. So instead of backing out, I did this alone for the sake of my dear classmates."

My classmates cheered even more for me and that was what made me more confident. "Wow, we can see how they are supporting you." Said Hyungsik, "Anyway, your class has been the recent winner for the past two years, what are your thought? Do you think you will win this time?"

"Honestly, I really have no idea if we will win this or not." I spoke, looking at my classmates, "But this competition made me realize that it is really not about the title that you will get, as long as you made everyone feel how contented you were and how you enjoyed the performance, that is how you win this thing. Unity, it is."

"That was wonderful," Ji Eun said, "You are one wonderful young girl."

The word gashinaya suddenly played in my head. The judges thanked me and as they called the other participants on stage. The results will be called right away and that made everyone even more nervous. I know I did my best but winning this thing will make everyone in class happy. Not only me, not only my friends.

"This year's winner for the Sports Week is..." The drum rolled and my heart beat loud as it plays. My hands were clenched into fists as I momentarily closed my eyes, whatever happens, I shall feel happy. Though, at this time, holding onto Jungkook's hand will make me more relieved with whatever the result is going to be. "Jung Nana from Class 3-2!"

The classmates of the said winner went to the stage for a picture after we, the participants, congratulated the winner. I smiled at the other students who were on stage and complimented me, telling me I did good with the performance. I gave them all the smiled that I could show them. I turned to see Jimin waiting for me down the stage. I smiled at him warmly as I went down. I faced my friends and my classmates. Looking remorseful, I told them, "I'm sorry I wasn't able to give you another trophy, I did my best."

"It's okay!" Said one of my classmate, "We thought you're going to win, we still think you won."

"I think Jungkook missing was the reason to why you didn't win." Said the other one.

"Don't worry! You got everyone's hearts despite not winning."

I smiled at them, "Let us not blame Jungkook, okay?"

"You need to rest, Hyesoo." Said one of my mLe classmates, "Or it would be fun if you join us watch the basketball game in the gym!" My classmates cheered in agreement, but my Bangtan Boys looked at them and said, "Sorry, but Hyesoo will join us." My classmates bid goodbye to me, joining the rest of the audience who were leaving the place. I looked at them and smiled.

"You did really well." In Hye said, pulling me into a hug.

Taehyung looked at me while I was hugging In Hye, "You look so beautiful when you're on stage, Yoongi hyung took a picture of you."

"Thank you."

"Hey, why don't we all have an early dinner then stay over at Namjoon's place?" Hoseok suggested.

"That's a good idea." Jin said, "I'll go get the van."

Jin, Namjoon, and Yoongi went to get the van while the others went with us in the dressing room to get my things and followed to the parking lot. While I was walking with In Hye and Eun Mi, I looked at my phone for any messages. There wasn't any, but there were five missed calls from Jungkook. I tried to call hi, again, but no answer. It was unattended again. We arrived in front of the arts building and there was Jin's van. I stopped for a moment as I typed a message for Jungkook.

Jungkook, where are you? Everyone is worried.

"Anything wrong?" Eun Mi asked me as I pressed the send button. I shook my head and smiled as we went in the van.

...

"Every food in this restaurant is totally delicious." Taehyung said, "I'm so glad Yoongi is going to treat us."

Yoongi cooly said, "I'm doing this because Hyesoo did well."

"We'll eat well!" We all said after the food has been given. The food looks totally delectable. Everyone were chatting and laughing, reminiscing the things that happened during the competition. As boys usually do, they talked about the female participants, whose prettier than who, and who is better than who. They didn't forget to talk about the audience and how they reacted to each performance. Their laughter was contagious, they would always make you forget about your fears. But mine was never gone. I still thought of where Jungkook was, what happened to him and why isn't he picking up his calls. It is still not clear to me if this was an emergency, or was it because he was really with Hae Ra. I want to see him badly, but is unsure of what I will do when I see him. I am sure that I won't get to be mad at him, the worst thing that will happen to me is that I'll accept his apology again and that we'll be okay. That will be so stupid of me.

"It's here, finally!" Everyone cheered after our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter