18.

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eighteen: Good and Broken
(A/N: chapter requires edit.)

No matter how we grow to hurt each other through words, things will always end up with Jungkook needing me to be around him and I wanting to be with him at all costs. We were silent as we kept ourselves dry inside the hollow, silent apartment room, on both corners with our knees pressed together while hugging it, as we watch the rain pour down from the fragile window. I was quite worried that everyone in the house will be worried for me, so I sent them a text that I am with a friend so they don't really need to worry about me. I also sent Jimin a message that I am already with Jungkook so they don't need to worry about the kid. The thunder clapped which startled me. The wind then blew so hard that the broken windows, unfortunately went even more broken as they finally blew off their positions. I felt Jungkook looked at me with concern. He stood up from where he was and finally sat beside me, he literally sat dangerously close to me, making me feel his warmth. I looked at him as if I'm asking him why he sat beside me, but since he was no longer looking, I looked back at the wall across me and leaned my head on the wall. We went like that for ten minutes more, nothing can be heard but the trickling rain drops, wind and occasional thunder claps outside. We are thankful that the both of us were wearing thick jackets. There are times that even if summer is fast approaching, rain would fall reminding us of the winter weather that is eventually changing into the cold spring morning.

"Why are you here?" Jungkook killed the immense silence between us.

I looked at him as I watched him stare at the wall across us. "My parents were in my house and I kind of felt bad to why they were there."

"Felt bad?"

"They divorced." I announced, finally able to hold my sob. I'm glad I was able to do that. "So I left. Because they looked so happy about it. They even have the guts to tell to me together, they managed to see each other."

"I'm sorry." He said. "You'll be fine, I know you will."

"I hope so." I smiled as he looked at me. "What about you? Everyone has been looking for you, I received a call telling me you're missing?"

"You know I wasn't missing." Jungkook told me, "I wanted to be alone, away from my parents. I want them separated because doesn't deserve to have the other. They were never a match in the first place."

"You'll be fine, they will be fine." I said, "I'm pretty sure separation is not always the thing that will solve problems."

"For me, it is." Jungkook said. "My mother has been suffering lately. My father has been much of an around her, I hate it."

I could only give a pat on his back because I am in no right position to tell what he has to do. All I can say is that he'll be alright.

"It's weird how wrecked our families are, what kind of sorcery is this that we have the same problem?" Jungkook laughed as he leaned his head on the wall as he looked at me with his smile plastered on. I'm glad that somehow his mood is lighted up.

"We're destined to have the same problem, and we want solutions that the other doesn't want at all. I want them to stay together but they divorced, you want them divorced and they're still together." I told him.

"Mom went back to fix everything." He said, "She left the family who treated her well when she and dad called it done. But I guess my dad can't let go of his pride and apologize to her."

"It will take time." I said, "You should talk to your dad, to be honest."

"I know I should, but I don't want to." He sighed, "He's too much of a control freak it's annoying."

"You two will have to talk, because if anything, no one wants a family who has hard feelings with each other, at least that was what the children has to do. If you know the situation, then you should know better about it."

Jungkook stared at me with his forehead creased, again. I smiled at his cuteness and pressed my index finger on his forehead, "You'll be fine, really."

"I'm really glad you are here." He said, "I am always comfortable around you, I don't know why."

"So, are you ready to go home?" I asked, smiling. But he pulled my hand away from him and held it firmly. There he goes again with the deep stare in my eyes. He looked at me for the longest time until I said, hoping he would think of it as a joke, "Quit staring, I am starting to melt."

Jungkook smiled at my silliness as he continued to stare at me, "You won't. The weather is too cold for you to melt so I am taking this chance."

"You're really a bad man." I said, "Saying all these things when you have a girlfriend-"

"Who doesn't even act like one when I need someone to talk to?" He retorted. "You act more like a girlfriend to me. She only uses me as a display."

I frowned, "Then why did you even get back to her? Do you know that she's cheating on you?" Finally, I was able to spill it to him. "Jimin oppa and I saw her with a man last week, they were too close!"

I pulled away from his hold as I tried to stand up, but he only pushed me down and trapped me using his right hand that he rested on the wall behind me. "Let's just say, I am using her as a display, just like how she's doing."

"What for?" I spoke, "You two will only end up hurting each other. You should no longer seek revenge from her."

"I am not." He smirked, "She asked for this and I am giving it to her. Now that you see her with someone else, don't you think she was hurting herself instead of hurting me?"

"Don't you love her anymore?" I asked bravely. This question was nowhere out of concern but for my own relief.

Jungkook went back to staring deep onto my eyes with his lips flat into a single line, "No, I guess I'm done with it when she went back. But she's too persistent."

"I still don't understand." I said, my voice trembling because I could imagine Jungkook repeating the things that happened before. "She asked for this? What dis she ask for? You no longer love her, but why did you tell her you love her at the night of the perfor-"

"It's because you were there." He answered. "I said that because it was meant for you to hear."

"F-For me to hear... Because?"

Jungkook moved away from me as he rummaged his hair, turning it into a great mess as he said, "I don't really think you should know everything right now. Just... trust me for now."

"You always do this to me!" I pouted, "You're keeping secrets from me it's totally annoying. You disgust meeeeee~"

Jungkook only laughed as we noticed from the window that the sun has finally shone. I immediately stood up and ran outside. I would love to see a rainbow, "Ahh~" I squealed as I stood and looked at the sky, slowly revealing the rainbow. I didn't notice that Jungkook followed me and watched the rainbow form completely. It was such a nice view.

"It's so beautiful." I said.

"I know." Jungkook replied. I turned to him and he was looking at me, not on the rainbow.

"How beautiful? You weren't even looking?" I said in sarcasm. But I was owned when Jungkook smiled, revealing his perfect white teeth.

"I'm looking at what I believe is beautiful." He said.

I laughed nervously, "A~ that line was overused. It has no effect on me to be honest."

"I don't care," he said. "Those lines were meant to be said anyway."

I blushed hard as I looked away from him and said, "M-Maybe we should go home now."

"Sure, I'll take you home." He said as he held on my elbow and walked with me towards the ground floor of the building and finally went home.

...

I went home seeing no one. My parents left a note on the fridge. I took it and read it.

We are sorry if we were never a good mother and father to you. When you have the time, you can always go to your mother or to my office when you want to talk to us. We will listen to you.

Dad.

I sighed in guilt, I should know better because I am old enough. Brushing off the feeling, I went to eat the food that my mom left. It was her usual breakfast in a lunch box. She would usually prepare this kind of lunch box when I was younger and it was totally delicious. I just missed those times that we were so happy without worries. "I'll be fine, I should be."

After the meal, I suddenly felt so drained and decided to sleep on the couch after washing the dishes and making a quick cleaning in the house. I spent almost an hour doing that, and before I could even drift into slumber, someone abused the doorbell by pressing it continuously and the sound of it annoyed me to be honest. I swear, whoever is abusing the doorbell will get a good beating from me. "What the hell-" I opened the door and saw that it was Jungkook who was pressing the doorbell. He was dressed up differently from a while ago. He looked striking on a deep blue sweater, black ripped jeans and white Jordan's. Tell me, how could someone look so dangerously attractive on simple clothes? "What are you doing here again, trying to destroy the doorbell?"

"I was bored." He shrugged. My eyes widened in disgust as he laughed and literally messed my already messy hair, "I missed you."

"Seriously now." I rolled my eyes, trying my best to hide my smile as I bit my lower lip momentarily. "We just saw each other a while ago. You even walked me here and you can't get enough of seeing me? Is that what you're trying to say?"

"Let's go somewhere." He announced as he welcomed himself in my house. I was looking up at him in disbelief, he only grinned as he said, "You don't look like you're going to let me in anytime soon so I had to do it myself, right?"

"I don't understand you at all." I said, "One time we'd be strangers, next we'd be best friends, then we'd look like we hate each other so much."

"You see, I would definitely say the same thing if I were to describe us." He said as he sat comfortably on the couch and took the remote from the coffee table and flipped through the channels. I was looking at him all this time until he said, "I'm waiting for you to get changed into something nice, we are going somewhere."

"Where?" I asked.

"Just... somewhere." He shrugged, "TV shows these days are kind of boring." He turned off the TV and threw the remote on the edge of the couch.

"Jungkook, where are we going?" I asked again.

Jungkook lay down on the couch and rested his head on the arm of the couch and said while looking at the ceiling, "Can't I just drag you out of this house and wait until we get into the place? I will not seriously take you into somewhere dangerous, when did I even do that?"

You took my heart dangerously, dude. "Fine. Wait for me." I dashed in my closet and looked for clothes to wear. The reason why I am asking him is that I really have no idea what to wear. Should I wear jeans? A dress? Shorts? What? This is probably the first time that I will go out with Jungkook where he was the one who invited me. I blushed as I remembered that he said he missed me that is why he was here. I don't know if this was a wrong thing, but knowing that Jungkook is nowhere serious with Hae Ra, I don't think going out with him was something illegal. Besides, Hae Ra was doing this way before he planned this thing and I won't call this a date no matter where this leads to. I'm crossing my fingers that I'd keep my promise of not assuming things.

In the end, I wore a pair of acid washed denim shorts and a white button up paired with my red Converse high. I took my bag and placed my phone and wallet in it. I didn't forget to look at myself in the mirror and placed a bit of lipstick and comb my hair one more time. I looked at my wall clock, it was already 3 in the afternoon so I wonder where we are going?

"Let's go!" I said as I ran downstairs and went to see Jungkook looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter