12.

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twelve: Inseparable
(A/N: edited.)

I prepared myself from Jungkook's rage, he might ignore me again and of course there is no way that I can avoid him because we need to be together until the Sports Week. But I guess I was wrong. At lunch, Jungkook still sat with us and gave me the cutest tantrum he could ever pull. He sat beside me, giving me a glare. It seems like he will not touch his food until I talk to him. I was feeling very awkward with what he is doing to the point that I can't eat properly, while In Hye and Eun Mi were trying to suppress their laughter. Just like me, they don't find the situation serious.

"Aren't you going to talk to me?" Jungkook finally spoke.

I sighed as I gave him a look, "What is your problem? You are being sulky and it's annoying."

"Why do you have to make her sit beside me? You know I don't want to get near her." Jungkook pouted, I swear he looked so cute that time I am not sure if he was protesting or just wanting to get attention.

"What do you want me to do? Go back to my original seat and tell her to get lost?" I retorted.

"Exactly." He chuckled, "That's a good idea."

 I hit his arm hard enough for him to wince in pain. "Just forgive her and forget whatever you had so that you'll feel nothing even when sitting beside her."

Jungkook's face stiffened as he turned away from me and started to eat his food. Now, he is serious and I have no plans of making it up to him. I seriously believe that he needs to hear her out, and the rest is for him to decided if he will accept her or just call it done with her.

"Hey, the two of you shouldn't really fight like that." In Hye coaxed. "Fighting because of Jungkook's... ex-girlfriend... is really pointless. Okay?"

Eun Mi laughed as she placed her chopsticks on the tray and pointed at the two of us. "You two, shake hands, hurry."

I looked at my friends in disgust, what the hell is shaking hands? "You're treating me like a kid, you-"

Jungkook extended his hand towards me, I turned to him with my eyebrows furrowed, he was not looking at me when he said, "I don't really like the idea of fighting with you."

"You're expecting me to shake hands with you?" I sulked.

"Now you're being a kid." In Hye laughed. Jungkook looked at me and grinned, he tapped my hand, asking for me to shake hands with him. I grew annoyed so I stood up and planned to leave. But as soon as I stood and turn, Hae Ra was in front of me, with a tray on her hands. "H-Hae Ra."

"Can I join you for lunch?" She asked. I felt my friends' (including Jungkook, yes) gazes at us as she asked me that.

I gulped as I told her, "I'm actually leaving so, you better ask-"

I felt an arm wrapping around me as I looked slightly up to see Jungkook, his face was calm and collected, just like Hae Ra's, as he told her, "You can mingle with anyone but not our circle, I'm sorry to say that." He looked at me as he squeezed me in a slight embrace, "Let's go."

"Hey, wh-where are we going?" I asked him as he started to pull me away, leaving In Hye, Eun Mi, and Hae Ra dumbfounded, or maybe Hae Ra was the only one dumbfounded in this scene. Once again, Jungkook killed her chances of making it up to him.

He brought me on the rooftop and there we sat on one of the benches. As soon as we sat I pushed him away from me and rubbed my arm, "Why do you always have to do that? Your arm is so heavy it disgusts me."

"She'll stop eventually when she see that I'm happy with someone else." He spoke, looking at the sky. My heart almost dropped after he said that. I wasn't really sure if what he said was a good thing or a bad thing. Noticing that my face fell, he looked at me and placed both his hands on my face, like he was squishing my cheeks into a sandwich. "What's with your tantrum, Soo?"

I groaned as I pull my face away from him, I looked away from him as I cupped my cheeks, "I don't like your idea of using me to pry her off your life. If there is any way, it is to talk to her and tell her what you really feel. Y-You don't really have to use other people, use your honesty."

I felt his stare at me as I kept my gaze fixed away from him. "Look at me." He said. I didn't do what be said because I was scared he will shout at me again. I just don't know why, but these days I feel that there is no way for me to fight back whenever he does something beyond my control. I heard a faint chuckle as Jungkook tapped my shoulder, "Will you please look at me?"

I never felt scared that my heart is thumping so loud but I would like to look back at him, I wanted to just vanish from this place and arrive in my house to hide in an instant.

Jungkook placed his hands on my shoulders to turn me and face him, he pulled my hands away from my face and placed it on my lap. He retrieved his own hands and used it to support his body as he leaned towards me, I blushed.

"I'm not using you." He said, "I am serious when I said I am happy with someone else. I'm happy when I'm with you."

He stared at me as if he was trying to stare deep through me, searching my eyes for something more than he intended to look. Sincerity? Honesty? Infatuation? I don't know, the real thing is that I think I am starting to feel an unusual feeling within me.

I noticed that he was leaning closer than he originally did and I felt my eyes slowly fluttering close. He was looking at my eyes, my nose, then down at my lips as he inched closer. My soul was about to leave my body from too much feels I cannot contain, why is he leaning closer? Why am I feeling weird? Why the hell am I not doing something to push him away? What am I supposed to do?

Before my eyes could fully close, the bell rang loudly and that made him stop from what he was doing. We stared at each other for about a minute, until I finally moved away and stood up, I fiddled with my fingers as I looked down. Jungkook sat properly as he dusted his coat. "I-I'll go first." I stuttered as I ran away, I almost tripped my foot while running away and I swore Jungkook stood up with that. Maybe if I am even more clumsy, he would've went near me and things will get worse. Somehow, I am thankful we are not sitting beside each other now at class.

"Where have you two been?" Eun Mi asked as I came barging inside the room, with Jungkook following behind. I didn't look back and sat on my seat, getting a book to read, in order to distract myself. "Hey, your book's upside down."

"Oh, sorry." I laughed nervously as Eun Mi sat beside me, she was giving me a suspicious look as I said, "What?"

"You're blushing." She said, leaning an elbow on the desk, grinning at me.

"Shut up." I told her.

"What happened?" She snickered. I glared at her and mouthed 'nothing' as an answer. Eun Mi shrugged, the grin was still plastered on her face. She went back to her seat, leaving me alone. I turned back as In Hye called me. I saw her pointing at Jungkook.

"He made me call you." She said.

I warily looked at Jungkook, "Wh-Why?"

Hae Ra went in the classroom and sat on her seat. Jungkook spared her no glance and kept his gaze on me, "Nothing." He said. I turned around and placed my face flat on the table. What is happening?

...

"I'll wait for you outside." Jungkook tapped on my table as he hurriedly went out of the classroom. My eyes followed him as I slowly stood up and placed my bag on the table and put the books inside. While doing so, the rest of my classmates already left, including In Hye and Eun Mi who bid good bye to me. I placed the straps of my bag on my shoulders as I turned to see Hae Ra standing in front of me. "Uh, Hae Ra. Do you need anything?"

Hae Ra smiled as she gripped on the straps of her bag tightly. "Can I walk with you outside? Don't worry, I won't walk with you when Jungkook is around."

"I don't really think there is an issue with you walking with me when Jungkook is around, you're talking only to me." I told her. She nodded, "That's right, but I don't really want to intrude with the two of you."

I gave her a confused look, she smiled. "Let's go?"

Walking towards the entrance gate takes good three minutes and this is an opportunity for Hae Ra to ask me a lot of things. "Is Jungkook taking you home?"

I shook my head, "No, but we are going to the cafe now."

"I mean, does he take you home every time? Are you two walking home together, going to school together? Things like that." She asked, slightly laughing, "I just want to know, that's all. If you don't really want go answer it, it's fine with me."

"Well..." I hesitated for a moment, but I realized, what is the reason to not answer the question? There is nothing between me and Jungkook to hide, specifically when it comes to Hae Ra. "We've been doing those things recently."

"That includes going out on date?" She said, "At the mall?"

I looked at her, "It wasn't a date."

"It looks like one." She looked down. "I told you, if you two are dating you can always tell me the truth. I will not take that against you."

"We are not dating." I stopped on my tracks, I looked at her and gave her a firm look. "I am still not going to help you with Jungkook because that man is a stubborn one, he will not listen to anyone and it is obvious that he is still not ready. The fact that he is avoiding you disgust me, but I don't see the sense of getting me in your issue. I was never in the picture when you broke up, so interrogating me with the wrong questions terribly annoys me."

We were quiet for a while, halfway to the entrance gate. I gave her a bow and apologized, but before I could leave, she asked. "Do you like Jungkook?"

I turned to her, "Do you like him? Because I still do and I am not letting you get in my way. I hope you understand, I was first and I still love him."

Do I like him? That I don't know. I gripped on my bag's straps and said, "Don't be all talk, Hae Ra. I'm glad to know you're still into him, but please, no one can help you but you alone. Follow him everywhere, bother him, I don't know. Just do everything for him to talk to you."

Hae Ra hugged me and thanked me, "I will do my best, and when we get back together, you are the first one to know." She pulled away and waved good bye to me, leaving me dumbfounded. I shook my head, because huge part of me doesn't like the idea of them getting back together.

Walking slowly, I saw Jungkook standing under the tree outside the gate, with his hands in his pockets and looking at his wrist watch from time to time. Of all the things, I don't like it when someone is waiting for me and when I am waiting for someone. It makes me feel burdened, and annoying, respectively. But this time I felt like watching him from afar, even if it means he had to wait for a long time. I admired him like that, looking at the tree whose leaved are slowly falling like the autumn season. He turned to my direction and saw that I was just standing there, looking at him. He smiled widely, showing his perfect white teeth and waved his hand for me to walk faster. "What took you so long?" He asked as I stood in front of him.

"Hae Ra talked to me." I told him, he scrunched his nose telling me, "I saw her happily walking out of school, what did you tell her?"

I shook my head, "Nothing."

He gave a look, "Are you sure?"

"Of course, of course!" I said, slightly hopping to mess with his hair. The man's tall it' disgusting. He laughed at me as he said, "Shorty Soo."

"There you go again with the name calling, Jungkook." I pouted as he placed an arm around me, I tensed. "Hey, I told you don't do this-"

"Do what, this?" He said, pulling me closer as we started to walk towards the cafe. I kept on hitting his arm, "People will see okay? You look like you're abducting me."

He laughed aloud as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter