06. #BTS3rdWin ; #TaehyungYourePerfect

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six: Hope
(A/N: edited.)

The place looked sad the way I left it few months ago. I sighed as I stepped in front of the gate of our house. It wasn’t as big as any rich family would have, but it looks empty, it looks so lonely and even lonelier than before. Jimin stood beside me as he held firmly on my small duffel bag, “Your house looks nice and warm.”

“Everyone will think it that way, but this house, is full of emotions no one will believe it was.” I spoke. Jimin turned to me and gave me a confused look, I turned to him and smiled as I grabbed my bag from him, “Thank you for taking me here, I will go in now.”

Jimin placed his right hand on his chest, giving me a pained expression, “I’m hurt, you’re not even letting me in to introduce to your parents?”

My mouth slightly gaped, trying to get him a good answer. Fortunately, Jimin’s phone vibrated from his pocket, he took it out and looked at the screen. He placed it back a minute after then smiled at me, “Maybe, I won’t meet your mother today.” He smiled, “Jungkook’s mom told me I had to go back to the hospital if you’re already at home. Jungkook wants to see me.”

“What for?” I asked.

Jimin shrugged, “I don’t know, he wants me to hurry though. So, I’ll see you soon?”

“Yes.” I smiled.

“Call me when you need anything.” He said as he finally went back his car and left. After watching the car vanish from the road, I turned and head straight in our house. I wasn’t able to knock anymore, my mother went out, holding a leash that has our little dog, Sandy. Sandy started to bark at me as she wanted to go to me and hug my leg.

“Ommo, Hye Soo!” mom exclaimed as she let go of the leash, making Sandy run towards me. While she hugging my leg, my mom ran to me and hugged me, feeling the warmth that I have been yearning all this time. I missed her, I missed her so much. “I missed you so much, my daughter.”

“Mom, I missed you too.” I told her. She let go of me and I carried Sandy in my arms. “Hi cute one, where is my mom taking you today?”

“I always bring Sandy to the park every afternoon.” Mom smiled as I rubbed Sandy’s tummy. While doing so, I casually asked, “So is dad back from the business trip?”

My mom getting all silent made me realize that it happened, it did. I looked at her and saw her eyes trying to avoid the tear to fall down. I held onto Sandy’s leash as I placed her down the floor. I walked near mom and asked, “Did he…”

Mom looked down, “I tried to stop him. Hye Soo, I was right all along. Everything I thought was something I would only think of to hate him was all true.”

Going in the house, I learned that mom already hired a maid, something that we never did before. Her name is Sahong, she’s 28 years old and is from Daegu. She’s kind hearted and I can feel that she is taking good care of my mother. Though, I knew that I had to move back here fast. We stayed in the living room and that is when my mom told me everything. From the day that I left until the day that my dad left. My dad, who always deny that he doesn’t have another woman, left my mom because he got the woman pregnant- just like how my mom ended up. Not that my mom doesn’t like him, she really do. She thought that doing that will make him love her now. I thought he did. But I guess that was all a pretend and I myself have been fooled. Now, all my mom is waiting for is for the trial to start for them to be officially divorced. She said, she’s no longer going to fight back because she grew tired of loving him. She grew tired and she loathes him so much, but her eyes tells me differently. I can see that she still loves my dad. Why don’t she get him back? Why can’t she try? They are married for goodness sake and I never thought that such a sacred thing will just be thrown away, just like any piece of trash. I hate my dad, I hate him so much for giving mom so much pain, since day one. Dad is still not going to stop his support to our family, he said that it is the best that he can do at the moment. I have yet to talk to my dad but I don’t know if I would even like to face him.

“Mom, I’ll be moving my things back here. I’m staying with you.” I told her.

Mom shook her head and smiled, “No, the house is near your school. Just stay there, I can take care of myself.”

“But I will visit you again, alright?”

“But why are you here? You’re supposed to be in school.” She held my right hand, which still has a gauze placed on top of where my IV was stuck. "What is this? What happened to you?"

"I... I was in the hospital just a while ago." I told her everything that happened to me and as usual, she was worried to death. But that is how mother's do, right? I smiled because after all the pain my mother still kept that caring side of her. I guess people will continue to be like that. They wouldn't be totally lifeless, and heartless.

"So where is that friend of yours? Is he still in the hospital?" Asked mom, "Then I should pay him a visit and bring him fruits or anything."

"N-No," I abruptly said. " He doesn't really talk to people normally and... he's just not into people lately."

"Not into people?" Mom asked, trying not to laugh. "Hye Soo, is he your boyfriend?"

"Mom~" I whined. "Why does everyone think of it that way? He's not even my friend, I think we're just a mere acquaintance."

"You know why, you're a girl and he's a boy. That will always be an assumption." Mom explained. "But why do you say that he's a mere acquaintance?"

"He had this problem that sets him away from everyone. He's avoiding everyone's kindness and friendship."

"Sooner he'll open up to people. He won't stay like that for long."

"I hope so," I sighed. I looked at my mom abd held both of her hands, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for thinking that it was you who is wrong all this time. I guess dad broke his promise."

Mom smiled at me, "We just have to stay strong, okay?"

...

Wednesday has arrived yet Jungkook wasn’t going back to school yet. I was glad that only the class talked about the incident that we got into, and not everyone in the campus. Everyone were so worried and asked me if I am better now, I answered them with the same answer, "I am alright, I am thankful that Jungkook was there."

"How's Jungkook now? He was supposed to be discharged sooner." In Hye spoke as we ate our food in the cafeteria. I looked at her and Eun Mi with a 'I didn't know anything' expression. "Seriously?" In Hye said in a sarcastic tone.

"Didn't you even try to visit him yesterday? The day before yesterday?" Eun Mi asked. I shook my head. "Come on, Eun Mi! For someone who was saved by him, it is your duty to go visit and take care of him."

"But..."

"No, Hye Soo. You are not to feel shy about that because you are trying to pay for the debt of saving you." In Hye added, "Who knew it would make him be more open to you and give the two of you a closer relationship?"

Eun Mi placed her chopsticks down and announced, "That's it! Hye Soo, you will be going to the hospital and visit Jungkook. Don't worry about what to bring, I will call my brother and bring fruits here at dismissal. He will also take you at the hospital."

"What, only me?" I said with bitterness.

"Did he save us? No." In Hye and Eun Mi said in unison. I groaned at the two of them and protested, "You two are seriously plotting something."

"Yes! We're plotting a friendship that will blossom in no time." Eun Mi giggled. I sighed, having them as friends was rather adventurous, I guess.

While taking slow steps towards Jungkook's room, I realized quite few things: I saved Jungkook in the hopes of getting a friendship from someone whom I felt some strong aura on. The moment I laid my eyes on him, I thought he's someone so attractive but will never try crossing paths with. But here I was, getting into many events that has turned our relationship into deep chaos. I was trying my best to get an organized life. But with him around? It couldn't get any messier. I wanted to stop minding him, I wanted to follow what he said, that we should get on in our personal lives. But I guess there is something that I am yet to know, that is the reason why I am still here halfway towards knowing him more. If there is any feelings that I have developed for him, I guess it was curiosity.

Arriving in front of his room, I stopped as I heard loud noises. The door was slightly open and it helped me hear what the noise was about.

"I don't need you here." Said Jungkook, who was already standing up. His mom was standing next to him, like she was trying to help him. "You know your presence bothers me in a very awful way. Why do you keep yourself around me?"

"Jungkook, I am trying my very best for you to forgive me. What else do I have to do?" His mom asked. Her voice was trembling like she was about to cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter