11.

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eleven: Chemistry
(A/N: edited.)

"I know that it is no longer new for you to know that I am his ex-girlfriend." Hae Ra told me as she pulled her hand away from mine and sipped from her cappuccino, "I still want to fix our relationship, will you help me? I promise to give you anything, just help me."

"Y-You see, it should be his friends that you are talking to about this, and not me. I am merely an acquaintance and I don't know him that much and the reason why we are together yesterday and in the coming days is that we are partners for a certain activity." I told her, "It is not that I don't want to help you, I just can't help you because we don't know what he is capable of doing."

I looked at her and I saw the disappointment in her eyes, I want to help her but I don't want to make a move before Jungkook does. I know I have been doing things to help Jungkook, but this is for his own sake, not anyone else's. "I'm sorry," I told her.

She smiled at me, "No, I'm sorry. Maybe I looked so desperate with getting him back."

"You're just doing what you can do to fix the damage." I replied. Hae Ra traced the tip of her cup as she told me something that would change everything, "My school and your school is offering a month long exchange student program, and I took the offer. I am going to be in your class starting next week. I hope we'd be good friends."

"Earth to Hye Soo!"

I snapped out of my thoughts as In Hye tapped my tray and shouted just a few inches away from my ear. I was still in total daze, there is no way that Hae Ra would possibly go and study here. Even if it will be just a while, it still doesn't make sense. Or it does, she's doing everything to get Jungkook and I am not sure if it was a good thing.

"Are you alright? Don't you like to eat?" Jungkook asked me. I looked at him and shook my head as I held my chopsticks and started eating. It hasn't been awhile since Jungkook started joining us for lunch. Now, he's the only thorn among the roses. We kept on telling him that he go talk to the boys but he doesn't want to, he said he doesn't feel like being friends to them at the mean time. But it's nice he eats with us now, rather than staying in the rooftop.

Even if I try to brush things off, everything that Hae Ra told me kept rambling on my head. It was like my conscience is eating me up. Did I do the wrong thing? Why am I suddenly afraid with the idea of Hae Ra's arrival in our school. I don't know, behind that lady like persona is an attitude that you might not like, I'm not judging her, my instincts were just acting up and it's crazy.

"So, how are your rehearsals going? Sports Week is fast approaching." Eun Mi started, I looked at Jungkook who seem to be so busy with eating his lunch.

"We're fine, I mean singing is a pretty easy thing for us." I told her, "We're just going to sing."

In Hye gave me a suspicious look, she pointed her left index finger at us saying, "You two are not working on your chemistry, right?"

"What?" I asked.

"Singing may be an easy thing, but you should get the audience to feel your emotion. You have to show them what you feel." She explained.

"We'll work on that soon." Jungkook spoke, looking at me smiling, "Right, Soo?"

"Oh, the first step to working with chemistry is the nicknames." Eun Mi clasped her hands, eyes sparkling. I am confused, I don't understand why they are putting Chemistry in the topic.

"What the hell has Chemistry have to do with the performance?" I asked with disgust, "I honestly don't understand what you're talking about."

"A~ idiot." Jungkook messed my hair.

"Hey!" I groaned.

"The chemistry that we are talking about here is the attraction between people." Eun Mi explained, "You know, like body language. This will help the audience get engaged on whatever you are doing. This will get their attention because your chemistry game is strong."

"How do we do that?" I asked, my eyes engrossed with the delicious food the cafeteria offered today.

"You have to act like you are singing the song for someone." In Hye said, "In thus case, the two of you must sing a love song you have to sing as if you are serenading Hye Soo." She pointed at Jungkook, then at me, "And you must look in love with Jungkook."

I know this is all an act that we are going to pull, but I still can't help but feel shy about the idea. Jungkook looked at me and gave my head a pat. "That is what we are going to work on later. Is that okay, Soo?"

I gave him a glare, "Just don't call me Soo, ugh."

"Go on a date or something, watch movie, just do something to work on your chemistry." Was the last thing that my friends told me before we decided to go back to our class.

...

During dismissal, Jungkook dragged me out of the school immediately and I grew alarmed,  "Where are we going, Jungkook?" I asked him.

"Sky Cafe." He answered. My eyebrows furrowed, "What? I thought you told Jimin I can't make it today at the cafe?"

"In Hye and Eun Mi said we have to work on our chemistry." He started, "The cafe can be our level one."

"How will working help?" I asked him. He looked at me and smirked as he held my left hand, fitting together like jigsaw puzzle.

"Skinship." He said. "They want us to act like we are a couple."

"I don't-"

"You have to do this for the three-peat win, muse." He winked as we made our way to Sky Cafe. Entering the cafe, everyone's eyes were fixed on us, girls' eyes filled with jealousy and men's eyes filled with curiosity. I saw Jimin by the counter talking casually to Seolhyun, he looked our way and his smile faded after seeing us. I looked at our hands still intertwined as I told Jungkook, "Hey, you can let go of my hand already."

Jungkook only gave me a playful stare as he pulled me towards Jimin. "Hyung, you prepared me a uniform, right?"

"Yes, you're lucky Minhyuk isn't around so you are taking over his place." Jimin answered.

I gave the kid a look of disbelief, "You're going to work? Why?"

"I don't understand your stupidity at this moment, Soo." Jungkook told me in a teasing tone as he leaned towards me, "I'm trying to make us feel more comfortable with each other."

"Aish, what could be more stupid with following my friends' advice? Go away from me, idiot." I told him as I tried to pull my hand away from him, he let go of it but wrapped an arm around mine, making my cheeks feel hot.

"You stop, because I won't. We'll get closer, don't you like the idea of us being inseparable?" He said, looking at me. I gulped as I looked for words to tell him, at times like this I can easily pull something out my brain to kill his vibe, but it was my vibe that was killed. Before a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter