Stay Away From Him

The King

Kyung's Point of View

Yuri and I were making our way to the gate where we would be boarding our plane. We were talking and having a great time as we were waiting for the plane to arrive. I was really excited to be able to be with Yuri now, but I kept thinking about Ji Yong. Was he okay? Was he smiling and having fun? Was he thinking about another guy now? What was I even to him? I was really starting to miss his smile and his laugh, even the way he would look at me. While I was in a daze, Yuri shook me.

“Kyung! You need to answer your phone now!” He said panicked.

I then realized that my phone had been ringing in my back pocket. I looked up at Yuri, who had a panicked expression on her face as she watched me reach for my phone.

“Hello?” I asked as I answered the phone.

“Kyung?!” I heard U-Kwon ask also in a panicked tone.

“Am I missing something here? Why is everyone so panicked?” I asked confused.

“Ji Yong was in an accident and he’s in a life threatening condition!” I felt my heart drop into my stomach as U-Kwon spoke.

“Seriously? You’re kidding me right?” I asked hoping that this was some kind of joke or prank trying to get me to stay.

“Why would I joke about something like that?” U-Kwon said as he raised his voice at my question.

“This is some kind of prank right? You guys are trying to get me to miss my flight right, so I can stay here?”

“Seriously, Kyung!...” U-Kwon then stopped talking but I could hear someone talking in the background.

“Hey, Kyung?” I then heard SOL speak from the other line.

“SOL? What’s going on?” I asked him. I knew that he wouldn’t lie about anything so I waited for him to tell me the truth.

“Kyung...Ji Yong was in an accident and he really is in critical condition. U-Kwon wasn’t lying.” SOL said.

I quickly looked at Yuri who was on her phone talking to Ha Na about the same thing. I got out of my seat and grabbed my bags. I then ran out of the airport and tracked down a taxi. I put my bags next to me and told the driver to take me to the hospital that SOL had informed me that they were at.

It took about 30 minutes to finally arrive at the hospital. I got out of the taxi and grabbed my bags. I then began to sprint into the hospital over to the waiting room. There, everyone was sitting together in a group of chairs with their heads down. Ha Na was gently crying into SOL’s shoulder.

“Guys?” I said as I stopped next to them.

Everyone looked up as they heard me. U-Kwon stood up to reveal the person sitting next to him, TOP. When I saw him, anger ran throughout my body and I could feel it explode. I stormed over to him and grabbed him by his collar. He was taller than me but since he was sitting I could easily tower over him. I leaned down to met with him half way.

“I thought I told you to stop this?” I said is a quite yet serious tone.

“I did. I tried to stop it, but they wouldn’t listen.” He said trying to defend himself.

“Why didn’t you try to make sure that they wouldn’t hurt anyone. I mean Ji Yong ended up in the hospital because of it. And you were the one who started it.” I was really mad. I could feel my hand forming into a fist by my side.

“Kyung. Stop.” U-Kwon said and pulled me away from TOP.

“Dad! Dad! Father!” We heard a boy screaming and crying.

We turned to see Seungri running after someone on a stretcher. Then Zico ran over to the boy and hugged him. Seungri cried in Zico's arms while his father was rushed into the surgery room next to Ji Yong’s. Zico brought Seungri over to the rest of the group so he could sit down and try to calm down.

“What happened Seungri?” Zico asked after Seungri calmed down.

“My father was shot by the loan sharks and then they started punching and kicking me. They also destroyed the entire house and stole everything, even our clothes.” Seungri explained.

“Don’t worry everything will be fine.” Zico told the boy and began to rub Seungri’s back.

We waited for what felt like hours, but was probably only an hour. Yuri called, after she had landed at a checkpoint during the flight, to ask how Ji Yong was. The truth was no one knew how Ji Yong was doing. He has been in surgery for over 2 hours now. Everyone was beginning to become impatient as we waited.

After about another 3 hours everyone was starting to fall asleep or was getting hungry. SOL and Ha Na decided that they were going to get something to eat and call it a night. Zico decided to take Seungri to his house to rest and get away from the hospital. U-Kwon had fallen asleep on the couch, and I decided to try and distract myself by watching tv. I sat back and searched for a show I would like to watch. I glanced over at TOP, who seemed to have been approached by a nurse. He stood up and began to talk to the nurse.

“Do you know how Ji is doing?” He asked her.

“No. I don’t know. But I did want to tell you that it could take a while since he got so many serious injuries. You and your friends should go home and rest. I’ll make sure to call you if anything changes.” She said.

“Thank you for your hard work.” TOP said then turned around and walked over to us.

“Kyung. I’m sorry for all of this. It was my fault but the nurse said that we should go home.” He said.

“Oh, TOP. When did I fall asleep? Is Ji Yong out yet?” U-Kwon asked as he woke up, but no one seemed to notice him.

“Alright, we’ll go home. But tomorrow, you better not be here. If you love Ji Yong then you would get out of his life. If you leave then he wouldn’t keep getting hurt.” I said then dragged U-Kwon out of the hospital with me.

We walked to U-Kwon’s car in silence. I climbed into the passenger’s seat and waited for U-Kwon to start the car. U-Kwon got in the driver’s side but didn’t turn the car on.

“What are you waiting for?” I asked him.

“What you said to TOP back there. That was kind of rude, Kyung. Why did you say that?” He finally said..

“Just take me home.” I said with an attitude.

“I’m not starting the car until you answer me. Why did you say that to TOP?” He asked again.

“I don’t want the one I like to get hurt anymore!” I shouted at U-Kwon as my answer.

U-Kwon then turned around in his seat to look at me, but then turned back around and turned the car on. Slightly surprised by my sudden confession, we made our way back home in complete silence.

Pictures:

Waiting Area (Air Port)-

Waiting Area (Hospital)-

U-Kwon's Car-