Was this Love at First Sight?

The King

Zico's Point of View

I was leaving the gym, on my way to the rec-room when Kyung came over to me and asked me to follow him. As instructed I followed him out of the gym and out of the school. A group of students were crowded together. I thought that maybe there was a fight so I pushed my way through to the center. U-Kwon was kneeling in front of someone who seemed to be sitting on the ground. I went closer to them to see Ji Yong soaking wet. I then looked back at U-Kwon to see that he was also soaking wet.

“What happened?” I asked as I kneeled beside them.

“Zico! Can you take Ji Yong home? He’s burning up.” He said panicked.

“Huh? Does he have a fever? What happened?” I asked.

“Someone put Ji Yong’s desk on the field but told him it was someplace else. They apparently they threw water balloons on him before he came outside and then they sent him outside to find his desk without his jacket. He said that he has been outside looking for his desk for over an hour.” U-Kwon informed me.

“In this weather? It almost feels like winter!” I said surprised. “I’ll call someone to take him home. Maybe Ha Na can.” I said then got up to get my phone out.

“I’m right here!” I heard Ha Na said as she came running out of the school.

“Ha Na, I need to take Ji Yong home. Can I borrow your car?” I asked as she ran over to us.

“Sure! If you put even a scratch on it I will kill you!” She said then handed me her keys.

I took the keys then went and picked Ji Yong up. He was surprising light. I then ran to where Ha Na always parked her car. I unlocked the passenger car door and placed Ji Yong down in the seat. I quickly buckled him up and shut the door. I ran over to the driver’s side and got in. I turned the car on and drove toward his house. I had picked his up at his house the morning before and I remembered how to get there.

When we finally arrived at his house and I parked in the driveway and turned the car off. I got out of the car and ran over to help Ji Yong out. He had very little energy and he couldn’t move very well. I helped him unbuckle his seat belt and picked him up. I carried him to the front door and gently put him down. I tried opening the door but it was locked. I knocked on the door but no one answered. Ji Yong got on his knees and got something from under the mat in front of the door. He then handed me a key and then sat down on the ground. I unlocked the door and helped him stand again. I helped him inside then again lifted him up.

“Where is your room?” I asked him as I walked up the stairs.

“There’s a door on your right with a music note on it with my name.” He answered.

I followed his instructions and found his room. I opened the door and set Ji Yong down on the bed. I asked if would mind if I help him change into something dry. He just nodded his head. I searched the room for dry clothes. I grabbed a t-shirt and sweatpants and went back to Ji Yong. I grabbed the bottom of his shirt and pulled it over his head. I then grabbed the dry shirt and put it on him. I asked if he could change his own pants. I walked out of the room to give him some privacy and shut the door. I went to the bathroom and got a bowl and wash cloth. I filled the bowl with cold water and started to walk out of the bathroom.

“Hello? Who's there?” I heard someone say.

I went out of the bathroom to find a guy walking into Ji Yong’s room. I followed the guy to find him sitting down in front of Ji Yong. I placed the bowl down on the desk and went over beside him.

“He has a fever, so I brought him home.” I said.

The boy jumped to the sound of my voice and quickly stood up and put his fists up. He looked like he was going to try and fight me.

“Seungri, don’t.” Ji Yong said quietly trying to stop the boy.

“Oh, you’re Seungri? I’m Zico, a friend of Ji Yong’s.” I said extending my hand out toward him.

Before he could say anything. I had a feeling of nausea hit me suddenly. I quickly ran to the bathroom. Seungri quickly ran after me. I went over to the toilet and threw up. Seungri came over to me and started rubbing my back. He kept asking if I was okay but I could only say that I was used to it. Every now and then I would get hit with nausea and get sick. I went to the doctor before but they only said that it was the flu.

“Are you okay now?” Seungri asked as I got up and flushed the toilet.

“Yeah, I’m good now.” I answered and followed him back to Ji Yong’s room.

“Are you okay?” Ji Yong asked as we got back.

“I’m okay.” I answered.

“Why don’t you lay down for a while?” Seungri said then grabbed my hand and showed me to his room.

“Are you sure?” I asked him as he brought me over to the bed.

“Yes. You should lay down after getting sick.”

I sat down on his bed and he sat down beside me. He was still holding my hand and for some reason my heart started beating. He was looking at me with concern and compassion. He helped me get comfortable in the bed.

“Seungri?” I asked before he left the room.

“Yeah?” He said as he turned back toward me.

“Thank you.” I said then he turned off the light and shut the door. It wasn’t long until I fell asleep.

I woke up to someone gently shaking me and softly saying my name. I woke up to see Seungri sitting beside me. I gently sat up and looked over at Seungri.

“How long have I been asleep?” I asked him as I rubbed the sleep off my eyes.

“About 3 hours.” He said.

“How’s Ji Yong?” I asked as he climbed over me to the other side of the bed.

“He’s fine. His fever has gone down. Do you mind if I rest for a while?” He asked as he got under the covers.

“Sure.” I said then helped him get comfortable. I then got up and turned off the lights. I quickly went to see Ji Yong. He was sound asleep in his bed with the washcloth on his forehead. I then turned off the light and closed the door. I walked back to Seungri’s room and went over to the bed. He was laying on his side facing me. I gently brushed back some of his hair that was in his face and watched as the boy gently fell asleep.

“Ji Yong? Seungri? Whose car is that in the driveway?” I heard Mr. Kwon call from downstairs.

I opened the door to see Mr. Kwon coming up the stairs.

“Good Afternoon, sir.” I greeted him as he saw me.

“Ji Ho! What are you doing here?” He asked as he got to the top of the stairs and came over to me.

“Ji Yong had a fever so I brought him home. He seems to be doing a lot better though.” I said and followed him to Ji Yong’s room.

He opened the door and walked inside. He went over to Ji Yong and took off the washcloth on his forehead. He then placed it in the water bowl and looked back to Ji Yong.

“He does seem to look a lot better, thank you.” He said then turned the light off and closed the door. “Has Seungri come back yet?”

“Yes, he’s in his room sleeping. He helped me with Ji Yong.” We made our way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

“Would you like to help me make those kiddos dinner? And of course you can stay for dinner also. It’s the least I can do to thank you for taking care of Ji.” Mr. Cantabella said as he got some food out of the fridge.

I agreed and we began to make a vegetable stir fry. When we were almost done making it Ji Yong woke up and came down stairs. He seemed to be back to the energetic boy that I knew and was trying to help us. We had to almost pull him out of the kitchen to finish dinner. Finally, I gave up and let Ji Yong finish it while I went to wake up Seungri. I made my way up to his room and gently knocked on the door. As I opened it, I saw that Seungri didn’t have a shirt on. I then noticed that he was covered in bruises. I quickly closed the door and walked over to him.

“What happened? How did you get these bruises?” I asked him.

He sat down on the bed and placed his elbows on his knees.

“I get bullied in school.” He answered after a short pause.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because I’m gay.”

I sat down beside him and gently started rubbing his bruised back. We both sat there in silence. I then heard some soft whimpers coming from him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

“Why aren’t you disgusted by me?” He asked as he looked up at me with tears running down his cheeks.

“Why should I be? I can’t judge someone else. Especially someone as kind and loving as you. Even though I just met you I have heard a lot about you from you father and sister.” I said as I wiped his cheeks with my thumbs.

I gently smiled at him and he smiled back. He then hugged me tightly. After a few minutes he finally let go and got up and got a shirt from his closet. I watched as I realized how toned his body was. I gently shook my head trying to forget it and stood up. He walked over to the door and I followed him out of the room and to the kitchen. Ji Yong and Mr. Kwon was setting the table. We all sat down at the table and enjoyed a lovely meal. We talked and laughed as we ate. I offered to help clean up but Ji Yong and Mr. Kwon were already in the kitchen cleaning. I then told them that I was going to go back home and said goodbye to them. I walked outside with Seungri and we walked over to the car. I got inside and started the car. Before I left, I rolled the window down.

“Make sure to put cold compresses on those bruises and if anyone tries to beat you up just tell them to talk to me. Okay?” I said to Seungri.

He nodded his head and smiled. I then gave him my phone number and told him that if he needed anyone to talk to that I would be there for him. I then said goodbye and pulled out of the driveway. I waved to him as he went back into the house. I watched as he closed the door after waving back. I then made my way home.

Pictures:

Ji Yong's House-

Ji Yong's Bedroom-

Seungri's Bedroom-

Bathroom-

Kitchen-

Dining Room-