I'm The King

The King

I was trying to enjoy my favorite TV show, Weekly Idol, when Mr. Jung walked in with that guy. Then he had to go and announce that he was going to be attending this school starting Monday. Mr. Jung left to go to his office probably and everyone surrounded the boy and piled congratulations on him. If he hadn’t have tried and take my bag, even though I know he didn’t mean too, it’s still fun to watch him panic and get angry, I might have said congratulations.

I stood up from the sofa and walked over to the group. I pushed Zico and SOL aside to talk to the boy. He had a big smile on his face as he talked to Kyung. For some reason my heart skipped a beat for a moment. I shook my head trying to forget about it.

“Boy.” I said as I tried to get her attention. He didn’t seem to hear me so I grabbed his arm and spun him around to face me.

“TOP? I’m sorry but I was talking to Kyung.” He said as turned back around to face Kyung. I grabbed his arm again and spun his around. He stared at me with an irritated look. He then sighed and faced me properly.

“What do you want TOP?” He said with a rude attitude.

“Well, if you want to be part of this school you have to live by the rules,” I began. “And I make the rules.”

He looked at me with a sarcastic look and chuckled.

“Isn’t it Mr. Jung that makes the rules?” He asked.

“Here, we have a Caste System. At the bottom you have those who are on scholarships and people who are what you would call ‘New Money’. They have no power at all and a lot of people despise them. Then you have those who are also here for studies, like lawyers, doctors, scientists. They have little power. Then above them you have those in the arts programs such as sculpting, drawing, painting, and culinary. They have some power, but not a lot. Above them you have those in the Sports Programs like TOP and I. Then the second to the top with most power are the Princes and Princesses, that would be SOL, Kyung, U-Kwon, Yuri, Ha Na, you and I. Only the best musicians can be the Princes and Princesses. Then at the VERY top you have the King. Who is also the best musician in the school.” Zico explained to him.

“Is Mr. Jung the King?” The boy asked.

Zico shook his as he said, “TOP is the King. He rules the school and has control over what happens. He is at the TOP of the school, which is where he got his name from. He has all of the power in the school. Some could say that he has more power than my father, who owns the school.”

The boy's eyes widened in surprise and he looked up at me. He then glared at me. He looked like he was about to strangle me. I decided to glare back.

“I cannot believe that you could be in charge of the school. How is this school even up straight. Who would want to listen to the likes of you.” He said then turned around.
    I could feel the blood in my body start to boil as he walked toward the door. I watched as he started to walk out of the room and then stop. He then turned around to face me. I noticed a necklace hanging around his neck.

“That’s a pretty necklace, how did you get it? Did you steal it or something?” I said in a teasing tone. I saw him look down and he brought his hand up to the necklace. He looked up with tears in his eyes. He then spun around and ran out of the room.  

“I’m sorry man, but you are the biggest idiot I ever met right now!” Kyung said as he ran after the boy.

"What was with that TOP? That was really rude." U-Kwon said.

"What was that boy's name again?" I asked him.

"Ji Yong." He answered.

"Ji Yong. Your new name is G-Dragon." I said with a smirk on my face.

The rest of the guys just looked at me with their eyes wide as if they were surprised by what I said. I walked away from them and over to the window. I sat down in the chair that was next to it. I felt my body heat up as I remembered the look G-Dragon had on his face as he ran off. My heart started to beat faster and faster.

I decided to open the window to cool off. I then sat back down in the chair. As I looked outside the window at the front of the school, I noticed G-Dragon walking out of the school and Kyung later running to catch up to him. When he finally got to him, he grabbed his arm and pulled him into an embrace. I sprung up from the chair and got closer to the window. SOL then came over beside me.

“They seem to have gotten pretty close, but I don’t think you have to worry. He’s not gay and still loyal to Yuri.” He said.

“Like I care. That guy just makes me mad.” I said as I sat back down again.

“Well, if that’s the case then why don’t you make a plan to get him to apologize?” He suggested as he sat down in the chair across from me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean like revenge. Let's see how long he can last."

“I’ll give him a week. He will give up by Wednesday.” I explained.

“Hey guys could we go get some coffee?” Zico asked.

The rest of the guys agreed and I gave in, so we all headed to a small coffee shop by the school. We walked inside the shop and sat down at the counter. Mr. Kwon was making a cup of coffee for an older lady sitting at the table near the door. U-Kwon sprung up from his chair and volunteered to take the cup to her.

“Thank you Yu Kwon,” he started. “Have you guys seen my oldest son? He said that he had to go somewhere after he got released this afternoon but he hasn’t come back.” He explained.

“I think he’s with Kyung and I texted him saying where we are. So maybe he will come along.” Zico explained. I then realized what he said. 

“Did you hear that Ji Yong will be attending our school starting Monday?” U-Kwon asked as he sat back down at the counter.

“No, I didn’t. How did he get accepted.” Mr. Kwon asked.

“Playing the piano, I believe.” U-Kwon responded.

Then the door to the shop opened and Kyung and G-Dragon walked in. Mr. Kwon ran over to G-Dragon and hugged him. He was praising him for starting to play the piano again. G-Dragon smiled and hugged him back. The look on his face was like he was a lost puppy that found a new home. Again my heart skipped a beat.

“Mr. Kwon, can I have a Frappucino?” I asked him.

“Of course. Ji please come over here.” He said as he brought him over to the counter. He sat beside me and Kyung next to her.

“Are you ready to apologize yet?” I said as I leaned over to him and whispered in his ear. He moved away and got up from his chair. Then at the same time a guy around our age came out from the kitchen in the back.

“Ah, Seungri. Could you please take Ji Yong home so I can be sure you’re both safe?” Mr. Kwon asked him.

“Sure, I’m going to stay for dinner but then I have to go to work.” He answered.

The guy walked over to G-Dragon and they both walked out together. I felt anger run through my body once again, it was probably because he stormed off without answering me. I turned back around and drank my cup of coffee.

Everyone was laughing and talking until Mr. Kwon had to close the shop for the evening. We all decided to help clean the shop so he could go home sooner. We would do that every time we would come over. We would stay till closing and help close the shop. This evening was a little different though.

I was cleaning the tables over by the windows in the front when I saw a black van pull up to the shop. A man dressed in black got out and started to walk over to the door. I noticed that Kyung also noticed the guy but everyone else was talking at the counter. We both walked over to the door to greet the man.

“I’m sorry sir, but we’re closed.” Kyung said to the man when we walked out.

“Tell the old man here to watch out!” The man said then turned around and returned to the van. We watched as the van pulled away.

I turned to Kyung as I went to go back inside and said, “don’t tell Mr. Kwon about this.” Kyung nodded and we returned to the group.

 

Pictures:

Rec Room-

Caste System-

Coffee Shop-

Black Van-