Planning

The King

Ji Yong's Point of View

I was by myself in my room when Doctor Woo came in to see me. He wanted to check up on how I was doing. He would always come to see me when he had a break. He told me that he enjoyed my company and I always made him smile.

“Good morning Ji Yong.” He said when he came in for the second time today.

“It’s almost 12, Doctor.” I said correcting him that it was now afternoon.

“Is it really? Well I’ve been busy since 7 yesterday morning without a real break. I sat down for the first time while I was waiting for Zico this morning.” He said and fell down onto the couch.

“Is he alright?” I asked when he placed his head on a pillow.

“He hasn’t been feeling well lately and I asked him to come in so I could run some tests for him. I won’t get the results until sometime tonight or tomorrow.” He answered.

There was a knock on the door and one of my nurses came in. She handed me a menu of some foods. It was around lunch time and I was getting hungry. After I ordered my food; a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, applesauce, grapes and chocolate milk; I looked over at Doctor Woo who seemed to have fallen asleep. He was sleeping so peacefully, I didn’t want to disturb him.

When the nurse came back with the food, I was relieved that she also brought some food for Doctor Woo. She placed it down in front of me and told me to give it to him once he woke up. She said that he deserved a break for working so much lately. They wouldn’t want him to get sick. She then said goodbye and left the room.

I noticed that Doctor Woo was shivering slightly. I looked around the room for a blanket but I couldn’t find one. I couldn’t move much with the IV in my arm anyway. They said they were going to remove it since I didn’t really need it any longer, but they haven’t gotten around to it. I took the blanket that was over me and got up to put it on Doctor Woo. I could move fine despite the cast on my arm and leg. Once I put it on him, I sat back down on the bed and noticed my phone vibrate on the table next to me.

From: TOP

Hey, I was wondering how you were doing.

Noticing that it was from TOP, I didn’t wait to reply.

From: Ji Yong

I should be the one to ask you.

From: TOP

I’m fine. The head maid wants me to stay home for a few days though.

From: Ji Yong

Did your fever go down?

From: TOP

Yeah, I feel a lot better now.

From: Ji Yong

When do you think you will be able to leave the house?

From: TOP

Sunday most likely.

From: Ji Yong

Well, I’ll see you then.

From: TOP

See you.

I put my phone down and noticed that Doctor Woo was sitting up. He looked at me then at my phone and then at the blanket which was wrapped around him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

“Did you put this on me?” He asked in return.

“Yes.” I answered.

“What about your cast? Didn’t it hurt?” He said and moved over to me checking over my arm and cast.

“No, not really. I feel perfectly fine.”

“Well, then I guess the day we expected you can go home is a go.” He then took the food that I had placed next to him and looked through it.

“When will that be exactly?” I asked.

“Around New Year’s.” He said and took a bite of a sandwich.

New Year’s Day was still over a month away and my birthday was until a couple days before New Year’s Day. My birthday and Christmas is on the same day. When I was younger we would celebrate my birthday a little earlier but once my mother died we were barely able to eat let alone celebrate holidays or birthdays. I couldn’t complain though because my father would work so hard to be able to at least get us something small. Last year, I got a basketball and a new shirt. Most people would think that it was worthless and cheap, but to me it’s something I got from my father.

“Hey Ji Yong, your phone is vibrating.” Doctor Woo said as he pointed toward my phone.

I quickly grabbed it and saw that I had a new message.

From: Zico

I’m going to come see you in a few minutes so look forward to it! :)

From: Ji Yong

Alright, Doctor Woo said you were here this morning to see him. I’m sorry I missed you and I hope you feel better.

From: Zico

Don’t worry, I’m perfectly fine. See you soon.

Doctor Woo finished eating and laid back down on the couch. He fell asleep rather quickly. I got up from the bed to throw the trash away. A nurse came in and asked why I wasn’t in the bed. Doctor Woo then woke up once again and said it was fine. If I needed to get up it was fine since I needed to build the muscle up again. After the nurse agreed she left the room.

“Ji Yong, would you like me to take out the IV since you’re not really using it?” Doctor Woo asked and went to get one of the nurses.

They quickly took the IV out of my arm and Doctor Woo left with the nurse. He came back after a minute to say that he was going to go back to work but he would come back later to check up on the stitches in my head. I reached up toward my head and felt the bandages wrapped around my head. My head was wrapped with bandages and my hair was really short because they had to cut it when they did the surgery. I didn’t really mind because my hair has always grown back fast and it should be back to it’s original length in a few months.

“Hey.” I looked up to see Zico coming into the room.

“Hey Zico!” I said excited.

“I wanted to talk to you about some of the Wedding plans. Is that alright?” Zico asked.

“Sure.” I answered.

I sat down next to him on the couch and he placed a couple magazines in front of us.

“So, do you have a date in mind?” I asked him and picked one of the magazines up.

“I was thinking maybe the day after graduation.” Zico said and also picked up one of the magazines.

“So that would be June…” I couldn’t remember when graduation was.

“6th. Graduation is the 5th and our celebrations are after the graduation.”

“Okay. I’m okay with that. What else did you want to ask?” I asked.

“Who do you want to be the Maid of Honor and the Bridesmaids? Oh but I wanted to know if it was alright with you if Jessica could be the Maid of Honor?” He asked.

"Wait, since when was I the Bride?" I asked Zico.

"Well, you don't have to wear a dress but the people you will chose to be up there with you are most likely going to be girls. Am I right?"

"Damn you." I said half joking.

"Yeah Yeah, just answer the question." Zico said chuckling under his breathe.

“Well, I wanted Ha Na to be the Maid of Honor but I can understand, so it’s fine if Jessica is the Maid of Honor.” I answered. “Ha Na, Yuri, and Tiffany. I want them as my Bridesmaids. Oh and Sunny as the flower girl.” I finally answered.

“Tiffany and Sunny?” Zico asked confused.

“Some friends from my school, sorry old school.” I corrected myself.

“Alright. I wanted TOP as my Best Man and U-Kwon, Kyung, and SOL. And Seungri said he wanted to be the Ring Bearer.” Zico said and put the magazine down.

“How does that not surprise me?” I giggled thinking about my little brother.

“I was thinking the color theme could be Coral and Turquoise.” Zico said and picked up another magazine and began to look through it.

“I like that idea!” I said. Coral and Turquoise was one of my favorite color combinations. Along with Teal and Copper.

The more we talked about the wedding the more excited I got. But there was this feeling inside me that I felt like it was missing something or someone. I couldn’t figure it out though. Zico and I were almost finished talking when SOL, Ha Na and U-Kwon walked into the room.

“Oh, what do we have here? Wedding magazines?” Ha Na said and sat down next to me and picked one up.

“So where is the honeymoon going to be?” SOL asked.

“We aren’t sure yet.” Zico answered.

“Go big or go home.” Ha Na said. “Wait, I have an idea. My father is friends with a man who owns a resort out in Saint Lucia. How about there? It’s far away and no one can disturb you.” She said and nudged me closer to Zico.

“I don’t see why not.” Zico said and after a moment of thinking I agreed.

“Is the wedding going to be outside or inside?” U-Kwon asked.

“Outside.” Zico and I answered at the same time.

Everyone started laughing. We all kept talking about the wedding and some ideas everyone had. As everyone was about to leave, the door opened and Kyung walked in with a large box in his arms. Everyone then sat back down, wondering what was about to happen.

“Good evening everyone.” Kyung said and placed the box down on a table next to me.

“What’s in the box?” I asked him.

“It’s an apology present. I wanted to apologize to you and everyone else for the way I have been acting for the past few weeks. Ji Yong I made this for you.” Kyung said and handed me the box.

I opened it up to find…

A helmet.

Pictures:

Kevin-

Coral and Turquoise-

The Box-