My Past and The Piano

The King

Ji Yong Point of View

“Ji!” I heard someone calling my name. “Ji!” I heard it again, it sounded like my mother. "Ji!!” Someone then hit the back of my head causing me to wake up from my dreams.

           I opened my eyes to see my best friend, Ha Na. She had her textbooks open and had been working on her Physics homework. Ha Na goes to a different school than I. She goes to a rich private school called Westfield Private High. Only skilled musicians get in. Ha Na is a skilled dancer and singer. I have known her since we were six years old. We met at a concert that both of us were performing at. She got first place in singing and dancing, while I got first place in playing the piano and violin. I also got second in singing.

           My mother was a professional pianist, violinist, and singer. She taught me everything I knew about playing the piano, violin and singing. On the day of my twelfth birthday, I was auditioning to be accepted into a private middle school for performing arts. But nothing went right that day.

           “Ji, I forgot something back at the school could you come with me?” Ha Na asked as she began to pack up her stuff.

           “Alright.”, I answered. I grabbed my bag and followed her out of the library.

           We walked along the road as we headed toward the school.

           “Ji, when are you going to play again?” Ha Na asked as she grabbed ahold of my arm and slipped her arm around mine.

           “I don’t know, maybe ever.” I answered.

           “Ji you know it’s not your fault. You couldn’t help that your mom died.”

           I thought back to the day of my audition. I was up on stage after my performance. The judges announced the students who would be accepted. As they called out my name…

           “Mr. Kwon, Seungri, Ji Yong! You have to come with me! Nabi…Nabi!” Hearing the sound of my mother’s name being cried out, I ran off the stage to the man. He kneeled down in front of me and put his hands on my shoulders and said…

           “I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!”

           My father, brother and I all followed the man to where it all happened. There on the ground was my mother’s lifeless body. Since that day, I haven’t touched the piano or violin.

           “Ji! Snap out of it!” Ha Na said as she brought me out of my nightmare.

           “Sorry, Ha Na.” I said as we arrived at the school. “I’ll stay out here.”

           “No way, you’re coming with me.” She said as she began to walk and pulled me behind her.

           “Ha Na! I can’t go inside. I’m not a student here.” I said as I tried to escape her grip.

           She didn’t listen to me and continued to drag me into the school. We walked through the hallways until she stopped in front of a door and slowly opened the door. She peeked inside them turned to me.

           "I have to go into the teacher’s room, so keep an eye out for me. ‘K?” She said as she turned back around and entered the room.

           After she went inside I started to hear her talking to someone and they sounded to be a young male. I didn’t know how long she was going to be there so I decided to walk around the school. I had always dreamt of attending such a beautiful school, but I knew that I wouldn’t be accepted. As I was thinking about my past, I heard what sounded to be a guitar. I followed the sound and found a room with its door open. I quietly peeked into the room and saw a guy around my age. He was skinny but seemed to be very strong and had beautiful blonde hair that was short. His entire frame was absolutely mesmerizing and if you looked at him you would think he was surrounded by sparkles. No one would be able to look away after they caught a glimpse of him. His skin was almost white but it was absolutely breathtaking. He was humming along to a song he was playing. Then I noticed that he had wet marks running down his cheeks and he eyes were slightly red. I wanted to say something to him but I was scared. Before I knew it he had stopped playing and he stood up from his chair.

           “Mother, Father, Sister, I have played for you today. I hope you will continue to watch me from Heaven. I know that you are not with me anymore but I decided to continue to play because I know that is what you would want. Thank you.” He said as he placed his guitar in its case and began to walk toward the door.

           I quickly hid so he wouldn’t see me. After he was down the hallway, I then went it into the room and looked around. A piano sat in the center of room and I slowly walked over to it. When I reached the piano I gently ran my hand over the keys. I then sat down on the bench in front of the piano. After a few moments I raised my hand over the keys and placed my finger on the key ‘C’. After hearing the graceful sound of the piano, I was hit with a sense of nostalgia. Remembering my mom always made me sad, but after hearing the sound of the piano I felt as if she was with me. Before I knew it I was playing a complex song as if I had never stopped playing. Songs I had learned in the past kept overflowing my head until I couldn’t help but stop thinking about everything. I sprung up off the bench and ran out of the room. When I got out of the room I ran into someone. I looked up to see a guy who seemed to be a little scary. I apologized and continued to run down the hallway.   

           “Melody? Are you alright?” I saw Ha Na a little ahead of me with who seemed to be a teacher.

           “I’m fine. But I need to go home.” I answered.

           “Why? Are you alright.” The teacher asked.

           I nodded my head then ran up to Ha Na and grabbed her arm.

           “I’m going to play again.” I said.

           “What? You are? Really?” She asked as she grabbed my hand and began to jump up and down.

           “I have to go.” I said as I got out of her grip.

           I ran down the hallway as I continued to hear Ha Na laughing as she was hugging the teacher. I ran outside of the front doors to the school and down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs I noticed a group of guys. They seemed to be waiting for someone. There were 4 of them and the one who we seemed to be surrounded must have been the leader. This guy was extremely tall and somewhat intimidating. I then remembered that he was the guy I had ran into in the hallway. I tried to ignore them and continued to run down the stairs. As I reached the bottom set of stairs, I slipped and began to fall down the stairs. When I felt my body stop I looked up to see myself surrounded by the group of guys. I then felt my body being lifted up but before I could look to see who it was my vision went dark.
 

Pictures:

Ha Na's Outfit

Ji Yong's Outfit

Front Of School

Hallways

Music Room

Scary Guy