First Day

The King

Ji Yong's Point of View

I woke up Monday morning feeling very refreshed. I got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. Today was my first day at such an important school. I had to make the best first impression on the other students. I stripped out of my night clothes and the water. When the water was at the right temperature, I stepped into the shower. After I finished cleaning myself, I turned off the water and got out of the shower. I grabbed the towel, I placed before my shower, and dried myself off. I put on the robe that I had hanging behind the door.

“Come on Ji you’ve been in there forever!” I heard Seungri yell from outside the door. “If you don’t come out soon I’m going to come in there and drag you out.”

“Guys come on, breakfast is ready!” My father called from the kitchen.

“Be right there!” I yelled back to him.

I went back to my bedroom passing Seungri on the way there. I shut my door and walked over to the closet. A botton up shirt that my mom had gotten me was hanging up in the back of the closet. The shirt was a light blue denim shirt and faded into white at the bottom. I always loved the shirt but I was always waiting for the right time to wear it. Looking at it reminded me of when my dad gave it to me. He said that she had planned on giving it to me when I was 16 but she would want me to have it sooner. I’ve never wore it and I felt that my mom would want me to wear it today. I took the shirt off the hanger and put it on. I then grabbed a pair of skinny jeans from my dresser. I looked at the locket that was sitting next to my phone and placed it around my neck like every morning. I never go a day without it.

“Ji? Are you almost ready?” Seungri called outside my door.

“Coming.” I responded.

I grabbed a pair of my favorite white high top sneakers from my closet and grabbed my back pack from beside my desk. I then opened the door to see Seungri standing there. His eyes grew wide when he saw me. His face turned slightly red and turned around.

"If you weren't my brother right now, I would definitely try and ask you out." He said.

I giggled as I followed him to the kitchen. My father was placing plates of eggs and toast at our seats and told us to eat. We both sat down and began to eat. After we finished eating we both said goodbye to father and went outside. When we got to the sidewalk, we both noticed a familiar black van parked across the street.  

“I’m not feeling very well today. I’m not going to school today.” Seungri said as he turned around and went back toward the house.

A man dressed in black got out of the van. I knew exactly who it was. I quickly started to walk down the sidewalk but the man continued to walk in my direction. I tried to walk faster but the man would match my speed.

“Ji Yong!” I heard someone call my name and I saw Zico pulling up to me on his motorcycle.

I looked over toward the man but he wasn’t there.

“Are you okay? You look really pale. Come on let me give you a ride.” Zico said as he stopped the bike in front of me.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said as I smiled and sat down behind him.

I placed my hands on his sides and he began to drive away. We made our way down the road toward the school. We rode past some of the students that went to my old school and they watched as I made my way toward my new school. I felt sad for leaving my friends there, but I was sure that I would make new friends fast.

We pulled up to the school and was greeted by Dae Sung. Zico gave him his keys and walked over to me. He then put his arm around my shoulders and invited me inside. There were students who were staring at me and a few glares here and there. Once we got inside, a group of girls came running over to us then stopped as they noticed me.

“Who is this, Prince?” One of them asked Zico.

“This is Ji Yong, he’s new here. He is the new Prince of the school.” Zico said. All the girls gasped at the sudden news.

“He's really cute." Another girl asked.

“Hahaha, he is isn't he. He is pretty cool too, so please be nice to him.” He said as he laughed.

“Hey guys, you should be getting to class soon.” One of the professors said as he tried to get the girls away from us.

Zico showed me to my classroom which I would spend half the day there until I find another activity to participate for the beginning of the day. He said that I should look into a sport or art class. He told me that after lunch I would go to the music room and spend the rest of the day there. He explained that he would be in the music room in the morning and gym in the afternoon. U-Kwon would be in the chemistry lab and music room in the morning and culinary class in the afternoon. SOL would be in the boxing club room and music room in the morning and the culinary class in the afternoon also. Kyung was in the art room then the music room in the afternoon. TOP, well they never know where he decides to go during school. Sometimes he will be in the library, the gym, the music room, or his club’s rooms. Zico explained that TOP participates in Judo, Karate, Boxing, and Swimming.

When we walked into the classroom we were greeted by a bunch of people, all talking to Zico. Zico tried to get them calmed down to introduce me, but no one was listening.

“Class, sit!” I heard someone say from behind the group. I looked to see Dae Sung sitting at the teacher’s desk. The entire group of people went to their desks and sat down as instructed. They were like dogs.

“Dae Sung, are you my teacher?” I asked Dae Sung as I walked over to his desk.

“Yes, I am but please call me professor during school hours.” He said as he handed me a bunch of papers. “These are the papers Dean Jung wants you to sign before Friday.” He explained.

“Alright.” I said then sat down at a desk near Dae Sung’s desk.

I paid close attention to Dae Sung as he taught the class things about Korean History. Dae Sung looks really smart when teaching and it brought me back to when he used to tutor me.

“Alright, class that’s all for today. Have a good lunch and rest of your day. I hope to see you all here tomorrow.” Dae Sung said as the lunch bell rang.

I said goodbye to Dae Sung and headed toward the cafeteria. There were a lot of people sitting at tables. I walked into the line waiting to get my lunch. There, you could chose from different lunch combos. The second one caught my eye. It had a turkey and lettuce wrap, apple slices with caramel, strawberry juice and a side choice of any soup. I chose my favorite, tomato soup with noodles. Then if you go to the side line you could buy a dessert. Because it was my first day I got a free dessert. The cafeteria lady handed me a tiny chocolate cake with, “welcome” written on the top. I thanked her and headed to find a spot to sit.

“Ji!” I heard someone call my name from a little ways away. I saw Ha Na standing from her chair waving at me. I smiled at her and began to walk toward her. As I took a step, I felt something catch my foot which caused me to fall. I landed on the floor and my food landed all over the floor and my clothes. I looked up to see TOP walking toward the group. I knew that he was the one who tripped me because no one else was around. I stood up and tried to brush off the food but my shirt was completely stained.

“YOU JERK!” I yelled toward Ryan. He stopped at the table that everyone was sitting at and placed his tray down on the table. He then sat down in the only chair that was empty. I walked over to him and grabbed a piece of his cake he got and pressed it into his face.

“What do you think you’re doing!” He yelled at me and jerked up from his chair. He then pushed me down to the ground. U-Kwon and Zico both had to hold him back. He threw their arms off and walked away.

I could feel everyone staring at me and I heard some say, “He’s so dead!”, “How dare he do that to the King!”, and “Who does he think he is?” I quickly picked up my tray and food off the floor and handed it to the cafeteria lady. I apologized and ran off toward the bathroom before anyone saw tears start to fall from my eyes. As I closed the bathroom door I fell to the floor and began to sob. After a few moments of crying I heard a knock on the door. I quickly wiped my eyes and opened the door.

“Are you alright?” Kyung asked as he walked over to me.

“I’ll be alright.” I answered trying to force a smile.

“Here, change into this.” He said as he handed me a pair of clothes. It seemed to be a track suit.

“Thank you.”

“When you’re done I’ll take you to class.” He said as he smiled.

I nodded my head as I felt my cheeks burn. I closed the door and looked down at the pair of clothes. It was then I realized that the name on the tag said, “Park Kyung”. Thinking that Kyung had given me his track suit made me feel very happy. I then thought back to the past few days and how much he had saved me from TOP so many times. I could tell that I had feelings for him. It was probably love at first sight.

Pictures:

Ji Yong-

Seungri-

Zico-

Ha Na-

TOP (The White Vest)-

U-Kwon-

SOL-

Kyung-

Tracksuit-

Zico's Motorcycle-