Is That Jealousy I smell or Pancakes?

The King

Ji Yong's Point of View

I fell asleep while I was talking to U-Kwon but I woke up in a bed. I gently sat up in the bed and to see U-Kwon asleep on the couch next to the bed. I tried to get up quietly so I wouldn't wake him. I went over to the door and gently opened it. I then made my way down to the kitchen. There were some maids that were starting to make breakfast.

“Could I help with anything?” I asked.

The maids looked at me and smiled.

“We’ve never had a guest ask to help before. The master helps quite often but he is very busy. The young master used to help when he was younger but lately he hasn’t been himself.” One of the maids explained.

“But, please we would greatly appreciate your assistance. Maybe the young master will eat this morning.” Another maid said.

She handed me an apron and I helped them make pancakes. We talked and laughed the entire time. Most people would think maids were strict and perfectionists but they explained how it all depended on the master. U-Kwon and Kyung both treat their maids as part of the family and before their parents died they also treated them as family. It seemed that U-Kwon and Kyung are very nice to them and care for them very much.

“Good morning everyone!” U-Kwon said energetically as he walked into the kitchen.

“Good morning Master U-Kwon.” The maids responded at once.

“Oh Ji Yong! I was wondering where you went. I thought you left already, but it’s good to see that the maids have taken a liking to you.” He said as he grabbed another apron and tied it around him. He then walked over beside me and helped me pour the batter onto the pan. He then took the spatula beside him and he asked me to get some whip cream and chocolate syrup from the refrigerator. I didn’t know why he needed them but I did as he said. He then asked one of the maids if she could get the chocolate chips from the cupboard. When the maid gave him the chips he sprinkled them into the batter as he cooked them.

“Chocolate chip pancakes!” I said as I realized what he was doing.

He smiled and continued to flip the pancakes. He grabbed a plate from the counter and placed the finished pancakes on it. The smell of the pancakes filled the room and I could feel myself start to drool. After U-Kwon finished cooking the pancakes we waited for them to cool so we could put whip cream and chocolate syrup on them. We thought Kyung would like to have something sweet to make him happy.

“Good morning, Young Master.” One of maids said when Kyung walked into kitchen.

Kyung sat down at the table and watched as U-Kwon and I began to decorate the pancake stacks. U-Kwon would put whip cream on the center of the top pancake and I would drizzle the chocolate syrup over the entire pancake. After we completed three we brought them over to the table. I placed the best one in front of Kyung and the others in our places. U-Kwon and I sat down in front of Kyung and watched as he stared at the plate of pancakes. U-Kwon and I both began to eat ours before Kyung.

“What are these?” Kyung asked.

“Chocolate pancakes.” U-Kwon answered as he went to take another bite of his pancakes.

“Why?” Kyung asked again.

“Sweets make you happy, and we want you to be happy!” I said energetically.

After a moment of hesitation, Kyung finally picked up his fork and began eating. U-Kwon and I enjoyed a nice conversation while we ate but Kyung ate without talking. After we all finished eating, we made our way out of the house to go to school. U-Kwon and I walked over to his car while Kyung walked over to his bike. U-Kwon looked over to me and excused him for a moment. He ran off to the opposite direction. I saw Yuri off in the distance and U-Kwon was running toward her. I then heard Kyung start his bike and he drove away in the direction of the school.

I started to walk in the direction Kyung drove off and looked back to see U-Kwon and Yuri hugging each other. It reminded me about the conversation U-Kwon and I had talked the night before about Yuri. He informed me that they have been dating for 5 months, but they are keeping their relationship a secret from everyone. He thought that me could trust, but I couldn’t tell anyone. I kept walking until I heard someone pull up next to me. I turned to see stopping his bike just a little in front of me. As he got off and walked over to me, my phone rang. I took it out of my pocket and answered it.

“Hello?”

“Ji Yong! Are you okay? You didn’t come home last night!” I heard Seungri say panicked.

“I’m alright. I stayed with a friend.” I answered him trying to reassure him.

“Really? That’s good! You know I love you! Right?” He asked sadly.

“Yes, and I love you too!” I answered. “I’ll see you tonight.” I said then hung up.

“Who was that? Your boyfriend? What’s he like? Does he go to your old school?” Kyung asked nervously.

I looked at him surprised and began to laugh.

“Wha-what?” He asked embarrassed.

“That was Seungri, my brother.” I told him.

He looked at me then looked down at the ground embarrassed. I have never seen him like that and I couldn’t help but stare at him. I didn’t think I would have the opportunity to see him like that again. After he calmed down he got on his bike again and threw the helmet at me. I took the hint and climb on behind him. After he started the bike, we drove the road. I saw Yuri and U-Kwon walking a down another road. They were holding hands and laughing. U-Kwon was smiling at her and she was smiling back. The way they were looking at eachother was mesmerizing for the moment I saw them. I wished that someday I could find someone that would look at me the way U-Kwon looked at Yuri. You could see the love they had for each other though the way they looked at each other. U-Kwon didn’t seem to notice them and continued to drive toward the school.

Pictures:

U-Kwon (White)-

Kyung-

Yuri-