A Year Left?

The King

Seung Hyun's Point of View

I was watching TV in my room, constantly checking my phone to see if there was a text from Ji Yong. I was always wondering how he was and what he was doing. He was always on my mind, even when I was asleep. While I was trying to focus my attention on the TV, I noticed my phone buzz on the table beside me.

From: Ji Yong

Hey, good afternoon! How are you?

I smiled as I looked at the message.

From: TOP

I’m great! My fever is completely gone and I will be able to visit you after school tomorrow.

From: Ji Yong

That’s great!! I would really like to talk to in person instead of constantly texting each other.

I felt my face start to burn and I knew that I was blushing. Luckily no one could see me. Thinking of the text message made me really want to see him but I knew the head maid wouldn’t allow that. She didn’t want me to go to a hospital just yet.

“Seung Hyun? Are you in there?” I heard the head maid call from outside the door.

“Yeah. You need something?” I answered back.

“I just wanted to remind you that I won’t be here tomorrow or Tuesday for my son’s birthday. I hope you will come and visit him while he’s here. He leaves after Christmas. He really would like to see you. You’re just like a younger brother to him.” She said through the door.

“Alright, I’ll come visit after school Tuesday. Tell him to look forward to it. I’ll bring over U-Kwon also. I know they are friends.”

“I’ll tell him. I’m sure he is as excited to see you as you are to see him. Well I will be leaving now. Call me when you would like your lunch.” The head maid said and left down the hallway.

I looked down to see if I had gotten anymore texts from Ji Yong.

From: Ji Yong

I’m sorry. Was that too weird?

From: TOP

No, the head maid was asking me something. By the way when is your birthday?

From: Ji Yong

My birthday? December 25, why?

From: TOP

Your birthday is on christmas? That sounds like fun!

From: Ji Yong

I guess. Before my mother died we used to celebrate my birthday earlier, but after she died everyone seemed to forget about it. I haven’t celebrated my birthday in five years.

From: TOP

I’m sorry to hear that.

From: Ji Yong

It’s fine but I have to go now. My lunch has arrived.

From: TOP

I’ll text you later!

From: Ji Yong

‘Kay

I put my phone next to me on the bed and went back to watching my show. Not even 10 minutes later, my phone went off again. I picked it up and saw a message from Zico.

From: Zico

I need to tell you something, so I’m heading over to your house. I’ll just come up to your room.

I stared at the message curious of what he needed to tell me. Was it something to do with Ji Yong? Did I do something wrong? I thought back to the past couple of days but I haven’t even left the house. I was either sleeping, eating, or watching tv. I barely even talked to Zico. Maybe that was it. Maybe he was mad because I didn’t talk to him. But that couldn’t be it either since I can go a few days without texting him and he wouldn’t care.

“Hey.” I looked up to see Zico opening the door to the room.

“Hey.” I said as he closed the door.

“Sorry for coming over without much warning.” He said and walked over to me.

“It’s fine. So what did you have to tell me?” I asked him.

He then sat down in front of me on the bed. I saw him bite down on his lower lip. When we were younger, when he would bite on his lower lip it meant that he was scared or nervous. I moved closer to him and noticed that his eyes were wet and red. Tears were threatening to fall and I could see him struggle to force them not to.

“Zico? Why are you crying? Is everything alright?” I asked and gently placed my hand on his arm.

“I need to tell you a few things.” He said and looked at me with tear-filled eyes.

“What is it?”

“I-I-I’m gay and I-I’m dating Ji Yong’s brother.” Zico said then tears began to fall.

“For a guy like you, you put up a good tough act but you weren’t able to trick your best friend here. I had a feeling you were gay but I didn’t want to say anything. But...does Ji Yong know about you and Seungri?” I asked and patted his back trying to cheer him up.

“Yes, he knows. But that’s not all.” He said.

“All? What else is there? Are you cheating on Seungri or something?” I said joking.

“Seung Hyun, I’m dying.” He stared up at me with his teary eyes.

“Huh?” I asked confused.

“I have a little less than six months to live. I’m going to have a surgery in a month to slow down the reproduction of the tumor so I can at least live another year.”

“Surgery? Tumor? Year?” I looked at Zico confused.

Zico got up on his knees and moved closer to me and looked straight into my eyes. I didn’t understand what Zico was trying to tell me.

“Seung Hyun,” Zico said and placed his hands on my shoulder. “Seung Hyun, I have a brain tumor and I only have a year to live.”

I couldn’t believe what my best friend was saying. He will die at such a young age and I couldn’t help him.

“Does your family know? Does Seungri or Ji Yong?

“No. And I plan to keep it that way.”

“Why?”

“I want to live the rest of my life like a normal, everyday person. If everyone knew, they would treat me like I’m dying.”

“But you are!”

“I know, but please don’t tell anyone about it. If so I want you to be there for me when I need you. I will be sick but just pretend it’s the flu.”

I stared at Zico who looked very serious. I’ve never seen him so serious before. I loved Zico like a brother and I wanted him to be happy. If agreeing to keep this a secret would make him happy then I couldn’t  wish for anything else.

“Alright.” I said.

“Thank you!” Zico said and hugged me.

“Yeah yeah. Save that for Seungri.” I said and pushed him off.

“For a thank you, how about I treat you to lunch?” Zico suggested and got off the bed, pulling me with him.

Zico dragged me to one of our favorite restaurants, Tegry Bistro. I didn’t resist since I also like it. We were greeted by a familiar waitress, who seemed to have a crush on Zico. She was a girl from a different school but everyone seemed to know about ‘The King and his Princes’. We were very popular with other schools also.

“Good Afternoon.” She said and showed us to our regular booth. We sat down and handed us the menu. “What could I get you to drink?” She asked.

“One raspberry and one salted watermelon Ramune please.” Zico ordered. The girl wrote the orders down and left.

“TOP! Zico!” I looked to see Kyung and another guy walking over to us. “Is it okay if we sit with you guys?” Kyung asked.

“Sure.” I answered. I wanted to try and get back on good terms with Kyung. He was my friend after all.

Kyung sat down beside me and the other guy next to Zico. I looked at Zico and noticed his expression changed. He looked really uncomfortable.

“TOP, this my friend J. J this is TOP.” Kyung said introducing us.

“You can call me Jae Hyo if you want.” He said then looked at Zico. “Hi Ji Ho.”

“Hi.” Zico replied.

“Do you guys know each other?” I asked knowing that only his friends call him by his real name.

“Ah, yeah he’s dating my sister.” Zico replied.

“Oh, you’re that guy.” I said remembering how Zico told me about him once before.

I looked at Zico to see him looking down at his menu, trying to hide his face. When he looked up slightly I noticed that his face was red. Was Zico blushing? Why would Zico be blushing?  Does he maybe like Jae Hyo? But he said he was dating Seungri.  

“Hey, Zico could I talk to you for a minute?” I asked and got out of the booth.

“Yeah, sure.” He said and followed me to the restroom.

“Do you like Jae Hyo?” I asked when I closed the door.

“Wh-What?” He stuttered.

“Do you like Jae Hyo?” I repeated.

“I-I used to, Bu-but not anymore. I love Seungri and only Seungri.” He said and looked down with a red face.

I patted him on the back and we went back to the booth. Not long after that we received our drinks and ordered our food. The waitress left and Zico looked at me then at Kyung.

“What is it Zico?” Kyung asked confused by the strange stares.

“Well, Seung Hyun I wanted to ask if you would be my best man and Kyung if you would be one of the groom’s men at the wedding. Would you?” Zico asked us.

“Sure.” Kyung and I answered.

“While we are asking favors of each other. I wanted to ask you guys to help me with something.” I said and looked at Kyung and Zico.

“What is this something?” Zico asked.

“I want to give Ji Yong a Thanksgiving Surprise.”

Pictures:

TOP (White)-

Zico (Red)-

Tegry Bistro-

Ramune-

Kyung-

Jae Hyo-

 

A/N

I'm sorry everyone, due to it being summer vacation the first couple of weeks are very busy. But I only have one more day of being really busy, so please look forward to more updates. I have a lot planned and they will be very exciting! 110 chapters planned out for this story! Plus or Minus a couple and about 4 other stories to add on.

Thank you so much everyone! And please feel free to subscribe!