The Smoke

The King

Kyung's Point of View

After I watched Dae Sung and Ji Yong drive away. I called U-Kwon. I told him that I would be late tonight because I had something I had to take care of. After I hung up, I called TOP and asked him to meet me in the meeting room. I walked back into the school and up to the fourth floor, where the meeting room was. Only the King, Princes, and Princesses could go to the fourth floor. I went into the room and sat down in my chair next to the window. The meeting room was a lot like a rec-room where everyone can hangout but when we need to talk we use this room.

“What do you want Kyung? I’m very busy right now.” TOP said as he entered the room.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked him as he came over to me.

“What are you talking about?” He asked and sat down in the chair in front of me.

“These pranks, or whatever they are!” I answered.

“Oh those. I stopped those this morning. I realized that G-Dragon shouldn’t be treated like that. I didn’t really mean to hurt him in anyway, I just wanted to get a point across.” He said.

“And what point would that be?”

“To not mess with me.” He answered. “But, I told everyone to stop them this morning.”

He then stood up from his chair and looked out the window.

“Are you sure about that?” I asked him.

“What do you mean?” He asked confused.

Then his phone buzzed in his pocket along with mine. We both reached into our pockets and pulled out our phones. When we went to check the messages. It had pictures of Ji Yong covered in eggs and flour. On the bottom it said, “We got him my Prince!”. On TOP’s it said, “For you my King! We got him!”. I looked to see TOP’s face change into an annoyed face. He started to clutch on to his phone and seemed to be very upset.

“This is what I mean.” I said as I showed him the picture on my phone.

“I’m sorry. I’ll tell them again to stop. I promise they won’t do anything like this again.” He said then stormed out of the room.

I then also went out of the room. I walked down the street to Ji Yong’s Father’s coffee shop and went inside. I saw Mr. Kwon standing behind the counter talking to a customer. I then walked over and sat down in the place I always sat at the counter. Mr. Kwon noticed me and came over.

“Tea?” He asked and smiled at me.

I nodded my head and watched as he brewed me a cup of tea. Mr. Kwon has always been like a fatherly figure to me. Giving me advice when it came to somethings. Always asking how I am and checking up on my health. He knows a lot about my private life and can always tell when I’m upset. He is always very happy to see me and the group. Everyone really likes Mr. Kwon and we all look up to him.

“Kyung? Are you okay? Are you feeling well?” He asked as he placed the tea in front of me.

“Well, this may be the last time I will see you for a while.” I told him.

“What do you mean? Are you going someplace?” He asked me curious.

“I’m moving to Japan with Yuri on Friday.”

“Really? Well that’s too bad. I will miss your company and I’m sure Ji Yong will too.” He told me and gently patted my shoulder.

I talked to Mr. Kwon while I drank my tea. We talked about some little things and I always found myself smiling and laughing with him. Before I knew it I had finished my cup of tea and had to say goodbye to Mr. Kwon. I was sad to have to say goodbye but he was happy for me. I then left the shop and went home.

When I got home I went straight to my room and asked the maid to bring my dinner to me. After a while, I decided to call Yuri to ask some questions about the trip.

“Hey, Kyung!” Yuri said cheerfully as she answered the phone.

“Hey, did you get my plane ticket?” I asked her.

“...yes, I did.” She answered sounding a little sad.

“Are you alright?”

“Are you sure you want to come with me all the way to Japan?” She asked seriously.

“Yes, I am. I want to be with you. I want to make sure you will be alright.” I said.

We talked on the phone for a little longer. She explained about what time the plan leaves and what time to meet at the airport. She also explained that I should pack things that I will need for the first month until U-Kwon can send the rest of my things later. After we hung up, the maid came into the room and set my dinner down in front of me. I looked down to see tacos. I smiled and straightened up, excited to see one of my favorite foods in front of me.

“Are you really leaving?” The maid asked before leaving the room.

“Yes I am.” I answered and began eating.

The maid left the room shutting the door behind her. I continued eating in peace. After I finished eating, I took the plate and went down stairs to the kitchen. I went over to the sink and cleaned it. I then dried it off and put it back in the cupboard with the rest of the plates.

I went into the living room to find U-Kwon sitting on the couch in front of the television. I then sat down next to him. He looked at me and then back at the television.

“Are you seriously going to Japan?” He asked me.

“Yes.”

He then turned off the television and stood up from the couch. He went up the stairs and into his room. I then did the same. I went into my room and laid down in my bed. I wasn’t tired but I somehow feel asleep.

 

I woke up the next morning a little later than normal and I had to get ready quickly. I went downstairs and went straight to my bike. I needed to get to school to talk to my professors. I got on my bike and started the engine. I then made my way to the school.

When I got to the school I made my way up to my class on the second floor. My professor was inside the class, sitting at his desk. I went over to him and asked if I could talk to him. He said that I could talk to him whenever I needed to. I informed him that I was going to be moving tomorrow and that I would finish my project in Japan and send it to him. He said that it would be fine if I would do that. By the time I finished talking to him. The bell to begin class rang and I went over to my desk. Before I sat down, my professor asked me to get some extra supplies from the other art room.

I walked out of the class and down the hall toward the art room. I then saw Ji Yong walk into an empty science room. I started to get closer when I saw someone run up to the door to the room. They got something out of their pocket and I recognized it as a smoke bomb. They took the pin out and threw it into the room and closed the door. They then ran away. I quickly ran over to the door to the room and tried to open it, but it was locked. I then tried to look into the room to see if I could see Ji Yong. I saw smoke rising from behind the door. Then Ji Yong came running toward the door. He also tried to open the door but it was locked from the inside also. He tried to talk to me but I couldn’t hear him. I then ran to the art room that was close by and tried to find something to unlock the door.

I looked around the room, but as I did the fire alarm started going off. I then saw paperclips laying on a desk. I quickly took one and unfolded it. I then ran back to the science lab and put the end of the paperclip into the keyhole and began to move it around until I heard a click sound. I opened the door to find Ji Yong passed out on the ground. I ran over to him and picked him up. I began to run as fast as I could to get him help. I ran out of the school and tried to find an ambulance.

“Kyung! What happened? Is Ji Yong okay?” Dean Wells asked as he came running over with Dae Sung, Zico, and U-Kwon behind him.

“Someone threw a smoke bomb into a room he was in and locked the door.” I answered panicked.

Fire trucks and an ambulance pulled up in front of the school and we ran over to them. I handed Ji Yongto a paramedic. He laid him down on a stretcher and placed an oxygen mask over his mouth. I watched as they placed him into the ambulance and drove away.

A police officer walked over to me and asked what happened. After I explained what I saw he asked if I could come file a report at the police station. I agreed and followed him to his car. I got in and he drove us to the police station. I was very nervous when we arrived but he brought me inside and gave me a blank report paper and asked if I could write everything down. I did as he instructed and then took me home after I gave it to him.

“Kyung! Is everything okay?” U-Kwon asked as I got inside.

“Did you hear anything about Ji Yong?” I asked him.

“Oh, yeah he just has to stay overnight, but he can go back to school tomorrow.” He answered. “They said that he may have some difficult breathing, but otherwise he is perfectly fine.”

I then went up into my room and got ready to pack for tomorrow. I called Yuri to make sure that we are still going and she said that she was ready for tomorrow. I hung up after talking for a little bit and went over to my closet. I grabbed the suitcases that I had been keeping in there. I went around my room getting things that I would need for the first few weeks until U-Kwon could send the rest of my stuff. While I was folding some of my clothes, U-Kwon came into my room. He came over and began to help me fold my clothes.

“So you’re really going through with this?” He asked as he folded some shirts.

“Yeah.” I answered him.

“We are really going to miss you.”

“I know.” I said as I smiled.

“Especially Ji Yong.” He said.

“Why do you say that? He has you.”

“What do I have to do with it?” He asked.

“He likes you doesn’t he?”

“What? No! He likes you!” U-Kwon said then realized what he said and shut mouth.

“What?” I asked as I stopped folding and looked at him.

He then quickly ran out of the room.

I continued packing until late but I finally finished. I checked to see if I was missing anything. After I checked I texted Yuri and told her that I was packed and ready for tomorrow. I then went to bed and fell asleep quickly.

Pictures:

Kyung's Cell Phone-

TOP's Cell Phone-

A Smoke Bomb-