The Sunrise

The King

Kyung's Point of View

I woke up earlier than usual this morning and I didn’t know why. I looked at my phone which I had gotten off my desk in my room. U-Kwon had been bugging me to go see Ji Yong in the hospital after school, but I would just ignore him and walk away.

“Kyung!” I turned to see Ha Na running into my room with U-Kwon and SOL behind her.

“What’s wrong?” I asked panicked that maybe something happened to Ji Yong.

“Nothing really. We wanted to walk to school with you.” She said and grabbed my hand.

“No thanks.” I said and shook her hand off.

“What’s wrong with you? You have been such a jerk to everyone lately.” Ha Na said and crossed her arms in front of her.

“I don’t know. Maybe because you came running in here yelling my name, which made me worried that something horrible happened. And you just wanted to walk to school with me? Do you really think that I wouldn’t be upset?” I yelled at her.

I didn’t know what came over me, but lately all I have been is angry. I would yell at anyone who did the slightest thing wrong or said something wrong. I have been getting upset at people even if I know they didn’t do anything wrong. I then noticed tears forming in Ha Na’s eyes. She then ran out of the room with SOL running after her. U-Kwon watched them then looked over at me.

“What is wrong with you?” He asked then ran after SOL and Ha Na.

I sat down on my bed trying to calm myself. After a while, I felt my phone in my pocket vibrate. I took it out to see a message from U-Kwon.

From: The Evil Twin

I’m going to go ahead and go to school with SOL and Ha Na. Cool down and go to school.

I didn’t want to go to school even though I already calmed down. I just didn’t feel like really being with anyone. I didn’t want the maids to worry about me not being at school though, so I needed to go somewhere else.

“I’m leaving.” I said to the maids as I left the house.

“Have a good day Young Master.” They said as I shut the door behind me.

I didn’t know where I wanted to go, but I would always go downtown when I didn’t know where to go. I walked over to my bike and I started drive to a destination in mind.

There weren’t many people downtown since it was early in the morning on a Thursday, but it won’t take long for it to kick up. I drove along the street toward the place I would always go to get away from my problems. I pulled up to a little motorcycle garage and drove inside. Once I parked in the middle of the garage, I looked around and saw the owner walking out of the back room.

“Kyung! How are you?” The owner said and walked over to me.

“Okay, I guess.” I answered as I took my helmet off.

“Well, your friend in the back. He just got here and he seems to be in a good mood.” He informed me before he walked over to a bike which he seemed to be repairing.

I went toward the door which lead to the back room. I opened it and found my childhood friend mixing some paint together. I walked over to see a nice pink color in the bowl.

“Hey J, I didn’t know you liked pink.” I said to him jokingly.

“Hey! Just because I’m bi, doesn’t mean I like pink. I’m painting it for my girlfriend. It will be our anniversary soon.” He said then put the other paints back in the supply closet.

“How long are you planning to be with her? Didn’t you say that you liked someone else?” I asked him.

“Yeah, but he seems to have forgotten about me and he got himself a boy.” He looked down sad and then walked over to the walls where helmets were hanging and took one down. I followed him over to a table where he put the helmet and bowl of paint down at.

“Sometimes I wonder if I should just be happy that he found love. If he’s happy I should be too, right?” J asked and looked over at me.

“I think I understand how you feel. The guy I like is getting married to my best friend.”  I said and walked over to the helmets hanging on the wall and took one down. I walked back over to the table and placed the helmet down.

 "I didn't know you liked guys. But isn't it illegal to have same marriage?" J asked.

 "Yeah, so did I. But you can marry a guy but it's a really stressful process and costs a lot of money." I answered him.

I decided that I wanted to make something also so I went into the back. I walked into the supplied closet and looked around at all the colors. I then had an idea of what I wanted to design. I grabbed several colors and bowls and went back to the front.

“Yellow, Orange, Red, Black, and Pink. What are you making? A sunrise?” The owner asked me when he came over to see what we were making.

“Maybe.” I answered.

“Is it for a girl? If so, I think you should put her name on it somewhere.” He said then patted my shoulder and walked away.

“Is it for that guy you mentioned earlier?” J asked as I mixed a few colors together.

“Maybe.” I answered.

I grabbed a paint brush beside me and went to work. I painted and painted, blending colors together as I went. It was coming along when my phone in my pocket vibrated.

From: Zico

Hey, are you at school?

To: Zico

No, I’m at the bike shop.

From: Zico

Good I’m close to there and I don’t feel like going to school. I’ll be there in a minute.

I put my phone back into my pocket and looked up at J who was putting a dry coat on his finished product. His helmet was pink and purple with swirls and flowers on it. Then he put a big ‘J’ on the side of it. I didn’t know much about his love life but we didn’t really bother talking about it. I finished a final touch on my helmet and walked over to the sink to wash off the bowls and brushes.

“Hey, J could you go get me the glitter spray?” I asked as I the water.

“Sure. But give me a few minutes. It is so hard to find it.” He answered and went into the back.

I was almost done washing the brushes when I heard someone pull into the garage. I turned around to see Zico parking his bike next to mine. I turned off the water and placed the brushes down. I grabbed a towel and dried my hands off.

“Hey, Kyung.” Zico said and got off his bike.

“Zico? How are you and what brings you here?” The owner came out of his office and walked over to Zico. I quickly did the same.

“I’m good, and I was actually on my way to go look at a few tuxes and wanted to ask Kyung if he was free.” He said and looked over at me.

“Tuxes? Is there some event coming up? Oh, right. You will be graduating in a few months.” The owner said and lightly hit his head. “When will you guys be having your celebrations?”

“Well, we aren’t sure, because right now we are also preparing for a wedding.” I told the owner.

“Wedding? Who is getting married?” The owner looked at me curious.

“Actually, I am. We aren’t sure yet when the date will be but I was going to be talking to him about that this evening.” Zico answered.

“You’re getting married, Zico? Oh Wow. I’m so happy for you!” The owner said and hugged Zico.

“You’re getting married?” We all turned around to see J standing in the doorway to the back room.

“Jae Hyo?” Zico said quietly so no one could hear.

“What do you mean by getting married? You have a boyfriend.” J said then walked over to us.

“Boyfriend?” I asked confused by his last statement.

“He has a boyfriend!” J said and pointed at Zico.

"Zico is getting married so of course he is getting married. But he is in the hospital right now. How is Ji Yong?” I asked Zico.

 "No, he has a boyfriend and that's not his name. I had to take him to school this morning and he was with Zico last..."  

“I don’t know what you are talking about. You must have mistaken me for someone else since I've never met you before. I’m going to be getting married in a few months to Ji Yong once he gets out of the hospital.” Zico said interrupting J and walked over to his bike.

“Are you leaving already?” I asked him when he got on his bike and turned it on.

“Yeah, sorry. I remembered that I have to go back to the hospital to talk to Doctor Woo.” He answered and drove out of the garage and away from the shop.

“Is he really getting married?” J asked me and handed me the spray.

“Yep...to the guy I like.” I answered him and went back to table with the helmet.

I finished the helmet with the spray and looked at it with a pleased look. I was proud of the product and waited for it to dry. While I waited I sat down in a chair and thought back to early at the house when I got mad, realizing that I needed to apologize to everyone. I decided that once the helmet dried I would take it to the hospital and give it to the one I made it for.

“Ji Yong…” I sighed and sat back in my chair.

Pictures:

Kyung (Orange)-

Ha Na-

U-Kwon-

SOL-

Garage-

 

Sunrise Design-