The Second Attack

The King

Ji Yong's Point of View

I woke up the next morning in my bed. TOP had brought me back home and waited until I got inside and locked the door before he left. I watched him from the window look around to see if anyone was watching. He then left to go back home. I got ready for the day and went downstairs to eat breakfast. Seungri and my father were already eating. I sat down beside Seungri and ate the toast that my father had made us. We usually eat toast everyday but if there was something special happening he would make us french toast.

“Ji! Wait up!” Seungri said as I starting walking down the street.

As Seungri came running over to me, my phone in my pocket began to ring. I took it out of my pocket and saw that it was Zico.

“Hey Zico.” I said as I picked up.

“Hey Ji Yong, I wanted to know if I could pick you and Seungri up and take you guys to school.” He said then pulled up beside us.

“Zico?” Seungri said as Zico stopped his car.

“You still have Ha Na’s car?” I asked as he rolled the window down.

“Zico, what are you doing here?” Seungri and got bent down to look through the window.

“Do you want me to take you to school?” He asked Seungri.

“Yeah!” Seungri said excited and got into the passenger's seat. “Come on Ji.” He said as he stuck his head out the window.

I then got into the back seat and buckled up. Zico then pulled away from the house and drove toward my old school. When we got to the school, I saw a few of my old friends walking by and I got out of the car. Seungri also got out. I said goodbye to him and watched as he ran into the school, with some of his friends. I then got into the passenger's seat and Seungri and I rode off to our school.

“So, what’s Seungri like?” Zico asked as we were driving down the road.

“He’s very nice and funny. He’s bullied a lot but when he gets the chance to make a close friend he does. He seems to like you a lot, so please don’t hurt him.” I pleaded.

“I have seen Seungri get hurt so many times. I remember the day that he told me that he was gay. Both dad and I fully support his decision and we love him no matter what. About 4 years ago, he came up to me and told me that he found someone that he really liked. Everyday he would tell me things that they did that day. Day by day they seemed to be getting closer and closer. But one day, he came home in tears and covered in bruises. He told me that he told the boy that he liked him and the boy and his friends beat him up. Seungri was devastated and depressed for about two and a half years. Rumors spreaded around the school saying that he was gay. He was constantly bullied until one day, the boy that he had confessed to stood up for him. He fell in love all over again. But the boy didn’t want to be in a relationship, so now they are best friends. He couldn’t be happier though, he is able to stay close to him even if they aren’t together.” I explained to Zico

“Wow, that is a heart touching story.” He said after I finished the story.

“Zico. Would you stay close to Seungri. I think he would look up to you a lot.” I said as we arrived at the school.

“I would have even if you hadn’t have asked.” He said then parked the car in Ha Na’s normal spot.

We both got out of the car and headed toward the school. We saw Ha Na and SOL walking up to us as we entered the school. Ha Na's ordered to have her keys back after Zico thanked her. Zico took me to my class and stayed to talk with Dae Sung. Zico left before the bell rang and went to his class. Dae Sung went up to the front of the class and informed us that we would be in the science lab the next day, but he would announce the room number later. Throughout the class period, a few students would look behind them at me. They would then turn back around and start whispering to each other.

“Ji Yong!” I heard someone call from behind me.

“U-Kwon! Zico!” I said as I turned to see who it was.

“Would you like to join us for lunch?” U-Kwon asked as I ran over to them.

“Sure!” I said.

We began to walk toward the cafeteria and into the lunch line. After we got our meals, we went over and sat down at the table where the group was sitting at. Kyung sat across from me and U-Kwon sat beside Yuri. We all had a great meal as we talked and enjoyed each other’s company.

“Has anyone seen TOP today?” SOL asked as we were all walking out of the cafeteria.

“He texted me saying that he had something important that he had to do and he should be back Friday.” Zico answered.

We all said goodbye and Zico, Kyung and I all made our way to the music room.

“You and TOP seem to be really close.” I said to Zico as we were walking down the hallway.

“Well, we have been best friends since we were 5. We know almost everything about each other.” He answered.

We finally made it to the music room and I said goodbye to Zico and watched him go down the hallway. I stood outside the room with Kyung slightly nervous since it would be my first time to this class. Kyung then opened the door and pushed me inside. I bumped into a man on the other side. He turned around and saw me. He then began to smile.

“Mr. Ji Yong?” The man asked.

“Yes, I’m sorry I haven’t been here for the past few days.” I said.

“Oh don’t worry. Kyung here told me everything, so you don’t have to worry.” He said as he placed his hand on Kyung’s shoulder.

After the professor walked away toward a student who seemed to be having some problems with her music. I saw a boy sitting in front of a keyboard with a perplexed expression. I walked over to him and asked if he was okay. He seemed to be having some problem with his music and he couldn’t get it down. I asked if I could play to see if I could help any. He then stood up and let me sit down in front of the keyboard. I looked at the music and began to play.

After I finished the boy looked at me with wide eyes along with a few other students. The professor then came over and asked me to follow him. He showed me into a with string instruments hanging up on the wall. He then walked over to a violin and took it off the wall. He walked over to me and handed it to me. He asked me to play something, but the first song that came to mind was the piece I played for my audition.

“I haven’t played for 5 years, so I might sound really bad.” I said before I began to play.

I played the song straight through without any mistakes is if I had practiced the song only yesterday. The professor stood up and took the violin from me and hung it back up. He then looked back at me and asked me to sit down. I sat down in front of him and he also sat down. He then looked at me.

“Now you said that you haven’t played for 5 years?” He asked after a moment of silence.

“Yes sir.” I answered.

“Then how do you sound like a professional?” He asked curious.

“I feel like I haven’t stopped playing and I can memorize music after I read it the first time.” I answered him.

He smiled then showed me out of the room. He then asked me to follow him. I followed him over to where Kyung was sitting and playing his guitar. The professor grabbed two chairs and brought them over. I sat down in the one he got me and Kyung stopped playing when the professor started talking to him. They were talking about sight reading skills and how we should work together sometime. I agreed to the idea but Kyung simply shrugged it off. Before he could give an actual answer the bell to dismiss class rang and he began to pack his guitar up.

“Ji!” I turned to see a group of girls walking over to me.

“We were wondering if you wanted to get a cup of coffee with us.” The girl in the front said.

“Really?” I asked them in surprise.

They all nodded and began to walk out of the room. I quickly said goodbye to the professor and Kyung and ran after the girls. I finally caught up to them and they pushed me to the middle of the group and a few wrapped their arms around mine. As we were walking, we passed by Zico who was going toward the music room. I tried to get his attention but the girls were being very loud. They led me out of the school.

When we got outside instead of walking toward the stairs, they turned toward the side of the school. The grip on their hands got tighter and I began to panic. I tried to get out of their grip but it would cause the grips to get even tighter. They lead me to the back of the school, where a group of guys were waiting with bags of something. The girls then pushed me into the middle of the group.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“Revenge for treating the King badly!” One of the girls said as she took a bag from one of the guys and took something out of it. I realized that it was an egg.

“What are you talking about? We are fine now.” I asked.

“Shut up!” The girl said then threw the egg at me.

Before long everyone was throwing eggs at me. They hurt when they hit and I fell to the ground. I tried to block them from hitting my face but it didn’t help. Some started hitting against my neck, which made me scream in pain. After a few minutes of being hit with eggs they finally stopped. They all started laughing and a few of the girls came over with bags of flour and poured it on me. Then everyone left laughing at me.

“Ji! Ji Yong! Where are you?” I heard Zico yelling as he got closer.

“Zico!” I yelled trying to answer him.

Zico saw me and quickly ran over to me. He bent down beside me and tried to help me up. He just stared at me flabbergasted. He stood there trying to think of what to do. Then he seemed to have gotten an idea and grabbed my hand. He then bragged me over to an empty lot. He let go of my hand and walked over to a shed in the back of the lot. I turned around trying to figure out what we should do. Then I went something wet hit the back of me and made me fall forward a little. I turned around to see Zico holding a water hose.

“What are you doing?” I asked him.

“Cleaning you off.” He answered and turned the water back on.

I stood there as he cleaned the eggs and flour off of me. After a while, I was completely clean but Zico wouldn’t turn off the water. I tried to run away from the water but he continued to chase me with it. Then I ran up to him and took the hose from him and began to spray him with the water. We continued to take it away and chase each other with the hose.

“What are you guys doing?” We turned around to see Kyung walking over to us. Zico turned off the water and put the hose back in the shed.  

“I was helping Ji Yong clean off the eggs and flour.” Zico said as he came back over.

“Eggs and flour?” Kyung looked at us confused.

“Some students threw eggs and flour at him.” Zico informed Kyung.

Kyung rolled his eyes and walked away. Then Dae Sung walked over with towels. Dae Sung handed us the towels and helped us dry off. After we were almost completely dry, Dae Sung told me that he would take me home. I said goodbye to Zico and followed Dae Sung to his car. Dae Sung helped me into the car and went over to the driver’s side and got in. He the engine and took me home.

Pictures:

Ha Na's Car-

Zico-

Ji Yong-

U-Kwon-

Kyung-

Yuri-

Ha Na-