I Need You

The King

Ji Yong's Point of View

I watched as Seungri came back into the house after saying goodbye to Zico. My dad and I had just finished clean up from the meal and had sat down on the couch. Seungri came over smiling and sat down beside me. Not that much later a knock came from the door. I got up to answer the door thinking that Zico must have left something, but when I looked to see who it was I quickly locked the door and ran over to my dad.
    “We have to hide.” I said panicked.

“The sharks?” He asked as Seungri and my dad stood up from the couch.

We all ran up to Seungri’s room with had a strong lock on it and quickly shut and locked the doors. Seungri and I ran over to the bed and crawled over to the corner together. We then hugged each other tightly as my dad turned off the lights and came over beside us. He also wrapped his arms around us. We then heard the front door slam open and someone come in. We listened quietly as the person walked up the stairs and up the hall to the room. We saw footsteps stop in front of the door. We stayed there barely breathing waiting for the person to leave. They then began to walk back down the hallway and down the stairs. We then heard the front door close. We waited until we heard a car drive away from in front of the house before we went out of the room.

“I think you guys should go into your rooms. Lock them and do not come out!” My father said as he turned the lights off and unlocked the door.

He looked up and down the hall to see if there was anyone but then said that it was fine. Seungri and I let go of each other and I went into my room. I shut my door behind me and locked it. I wasn’t tired after the scare and felt like I needed to talk to someone. I grabbed my phone and quickly called the first person that came to mind.

“Hello? Who is this?” I heard TOP say through the other line.

“It’s Ji Yong. Can I talk to you?” I asked him.

“Why would I want to talk to you?”

“I really need to talk to someone.” I said.

“No!” He said without hesitation.

“Please! Please just meet me at my dad’s cafe! I’m desperate!” I begged him.

He didn’t say anything. He then sighed and hung up the phone. I hoped that meant that he would and I quickly grabbed my shoes and jacket. I had to quietly sneak out of the house without my dad or brother finding out. I quickly then left the house.

I ran all the way to the cafe and quickly unlocked the doors. When I got inside I turned the lights on. I looked outside to see if TOP was near, but as I did I saw a black silhouette approaching the doors. I slowly started to back away and got behind the counter. The person then opened the door and came inside.

“Who is it?” I asked as I tried to hide behind the counter.

Then the person took off their jacket and I realized it was TOP.

“You were the one to ask me to come here. Who else would it be?” He asked as he sat down at a table.

“I’m sorry. Would you like something to drink?” I asked him.

“Sure, something sweet.” He answered.

“Sweet?” I asked surprised by his answer.

“Yeah. Sweet.” He said again.

I quickly tried to make him something. After a few minutes I finally got something together. I then brought it over to him.

“What is this?” He asked as he saw it.

“It’s a Galão!" I said as I sat down in front of him.     

"What is it?" He asked.

"Foamed milk and espresso." I answered him.

He took a sip of it then smiled and set it down after a few more sips.

"So what was it that you were so desperate to talk about?" He asked.

"5 years ago my mother was killed in a car accident. It was the day of my 12th birthday and I also had a few important music audition. I learned how to play and sing from my mother, who was a professional. When I found out that my mother died I stopped playing and singing. For 5 years I hadn't touched a musical instrument or sang. After my mom's death my family went into debt and we couldn't pay it back so we went to loan sharks." I started.

"And we are you telling me this? It's not like I care!" He said as he began to stand up from his chair.

"But..." I paused as I watched Ryan sit back down.

"Now we are in even more debt!" I continued.

"And what do you want me to do about it? What? Want me to pay it off for you?" He asked.

He then got up from his chair and went toward the door. Before he left he looked back over toward me and saw that I was trying really hard not to start crying. He then sighed and came back over.

"Fine, continue." He said as he sat down.

"Lately it's been a lot worse and the loan sharks follow me or my family around trying to get us to pay. They have been aiming at me knowing that I'm my family's weakness. They would do anything for me. Yesterday, I was attacked on my way home. Luckily he only scratched me and U-Kwon found me. That wasn't even the worst they have done to us." I said as I began to whimper.

"Should I take you home?" TOP asked as he came over beside me.

"No! I can't go home yet!" I yelled gently as I held onto his arm.

I began to cry remembering what had happened only an hour ago. TOP gently rubbed my back trying to comfort me. I cried into his shoulder as he hugged me.

"Why don't you want to go home?" He asked after I calmed down a little.

"They broke in!" I answered them trying to wipe my eyes.

TOP gently hugged me as I began to cry again. He gently took my hands and looked into my eyes. He smiled at me and looked at me with compassion.

"I'm sorry that I was so mean to you for the past few days without knowing the pain you go through. If you ever need anyone to talk to please feel free to call me. I'll be here for you!" He said then helped me stand up. "I'll walk you home and make sure you're safe."

We walked out of the cafe after locking up and made our way toward my house.

Pictures:

Ji Yong's Cell Phone-

A Galão-