Who are you?

The King

Ji Yong's Point of View

    I woke up in a bed and gently opened my eyes. I could tell that I was in the hospital but I didn’t recognize anyone around me. The guy to my right was extremely muscular with short brown hair. Next to him was a guy who was extremely frightening and intimidating. Next to him was a guy who was built but not as muscular as the first guy but had black hair that shaved on the sides and formed into a mohawk. Then next to him was a skinny guy with short brown hair and glasses but it didn’t seem to have any lens in them.  After a moment of looking at them, I remembered that they were the guys that were outside the school when I tripped. I tried to sit up to greet them but when I tried to get up, pain shot throughout my body.

           “Please, don’t sit up. Please stay lying down.” The muscular guy said as he gently pushed me back down.

           They all stayed there watching me, not saying a word. I wasn’t even sure if they were even breathing. After a few minutes the door opened and my father came rushing in.  My father pushed his way through the group and came over to my side. He didn’t say anything he just held my hand and smiled at me. My father has always been at my side in time of need. As I was talking to my father, the door opened and a guy walked in. I remembered that he was the guy that I had listened to playing the guitar at the school. I wanted to ask why he was there but I didn’t have the courage. He then sat down next to me in the chair beside my father.

           “Please excuse me.” The scary looking guy said as he got up from his chair and began to walk toward the door.

           “TOP, are you coming over tonight?” The guy with the mohawk asked before he left.

           “I guess.” He answered as he opened the door and walked out.

           “Oh boys, I didn’t notice that you were the guys here. I’m sorry. I thought you guys were planning on coming to my shop after school but you didn’t show up and I got a phone call saying Ji Yong was in the hospital. How about I get you guys some drinks. Don’t talk about anything important while I’m gone.” My father said as he left the room.

We all stared at each other and didn’t say a word. Finally giving in to the silence, I was the first to speak.

           “This may be a little late...” I started. “But, who are you guys?” I asked.

           They all looked at me in shock. Their eyes looked as if they couldn’t believe what I just said. The only one who didn’t move an inch was the beautiful guitarist from before.

           “You mean, you don’t know who we are?” The guy wearing glasses asked.

           I shook my head in response.

           “Well, we might as well introduce ourselves. How about you start.” He said as he patted the glasses guy’s shoulder.

           “My name is U-Kwon, I’m a senior and 18 years old. I’m at Westfield because of my singing. I’m studying to become a chemist and I enjoy cooking. And also that guy is my younger brother.” He said as he pointed to the beautiful guitarist.

           “Alright, my name is Tae Yang but you can call me SOL, I’m also a senior but I’m 17 years old because I skipped 8th grade. I got into the school because I sing and play the piano, but I’m studying to become a chef. I have a younger sister and my father is a lawyer.” He said then grabbed my hand and shook it.

           “You’re next Kyung.” SOL said as he sat back down.

           Then the beauty sat up straight and looked at me with sparkles in his eyes. “My name is Kyung, I’m a senior and 18 years old. I’m studying art and I play the guitar. Like U-Kwon said we are brothers.”

           “Are you twins then?” I asked.

           “Yep, they are.” Said the muscular guy to my right. “My name is Ji Ho but everyone calls me Zico, I’m a senior and I’m 18 also. I’m the captain of the soccer team, baseball team, track team and football team. I’m also thinking about joining the hockey team, but I’m not sure yet. I got into the school with my rapping skills. Anyway, my sister is Mi Cha and she is a sophomore,a year under you.” He said then grabbed my hand and smiled at me.

           “Who was that scary looking guy who left earlier?” I asked.

           Everyone looked at each other confusedly and then looked at me.

           “You mean TOP?” U-Kwon asked.

           I nodded my head in response.

           “He is Seung Hyun or TOP, he is also 18. He is #1 in the school with his grades. He is extremely smart and very skilled at sword fighting, judo, boxing, and karate. He can also play guitar and sing, but he rarely ever does. But when he does it is amazing. Most girls are in love with him, and even some guys. I’ve never heard anyone call him scary before. You’re the first.” Zico added.

           My father then returned with the drinks. Everyone sat around me and we drank our drinks as we talked about some little things. I found out that SOL wants to become a lawyer like his father. U-Kwon and Kyung’s parents and older sister died in a fire at their house, while the two of them were away on a class trip. Both U-Kwon and Kyung got into the school by their talent and the money their parents left. Which from what they said was quite a lot. I enjoyed talking to them and my father also seemed to grow to like them. We laughed some and cried a little, but being in each other’s presence was fun and refreshing.

           “Ji Yong, I have to get back to the shop.” My father said as he began to say goodbye to everyone. “Good bye boys, I hope that you will stop by again soon.”

           “We will.” SOL said as my father left.

           “Do you know my father?” I asked.

           “Yeah!” Everyone said at once. “He owns the coffee shop over by our school. We go there all the time.” U-Kwon said but then they rushed out of the room after my father.

           “Looks like everyone wants some coffee.” Kyung said as he continued to sit in his chair.

           We both watched as everyone rushed over to my father and smile as he walked with him. We soon saw them turn the corner and down the other hallway. I then went back over to the bed and sat down in front of Kyung. We stared at each other for a minute until Kyung brought up a topic about music. Both of us had so much to say.

           We continued to talk about random stuff for what seemed like forever. We talked about what we want to do in the future and things about our past. I decided that I wanted to tell him about my mother, but after a while I could feel tears burning in my eyes. I quickly tried to wipe them before they could fall but Kyung noticed this and quickly came and sat beside me on the bed.

           “Can I ask you something?” He asked.

         "Yeah, sure." I answered.

         "You were the one who heard me playing earlier in the music room weren't you?" He asked.

          I looked up at him and the look in his eyes made my heart skip a beat. He was looking at me as if I was the most precious thing on the planet. I knew he was trying to be gentle but I couldn't look away. I simply just nodded my head. He smiled and let out a light chuckle then grabbed my hand.

           "I'll be right back!" He said then ran out of the room.

    I watched as he ran out of the room and I became confused. I wasn’t sure where he went or how long it would take so I decided to rest. I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes. It wasn’t long after that I heard the down open again, but it sounded quieter than normal.

 

Pictures:

Hospital Room-

U-Kwon-

SOL-

Kyung-

Zico-

TOP-

Mr. Kwon-