Lies

Find my heart

Chapter 37

You had tried to get what Sooman had said to you that night out of your head and you did for a while and it was only when you were asleep because as soon as you were awake, it kept ringing on your head over and over and over again.

It’s not sitting well with you to think that all this time Julien has been lying to you. He had promised you that he would release you once he had taken charge of the gang but could that really be a lie? Could he have been playing you all along? You just had no idea and that was killing you.

You were still refusing to believe that Julien would be so low as to do that to you. You had always looked at him as an older brother which is why it was so hard for you to believe he would go so low as to do that to you.

A couple of days had passed and you had been closed off, you tried your best to appear like yourself but everyone could see that you were not okay after all they are your friends. They tried to talk to you but you would just shrug it off, saying it was nothing but they could see right through your lies, they only didn’t want to push it but after so long, Tiffany tried it again.

You were sitting together at lunch at the cafeteria and Tiffany decided that it was time to confront you so she waited for an opportunity and when it came she took it.

"Baby, what is going on with you?" She said and everyone turned to the two of you. They were also wondering about that so all of them waited for your answer. You looked at her and tried to lie.

"Nothing princess, I’m fine." You said trying to convince her and everyone else of it but you were not doing a very good job.

"Come on, Hyeri. We know you, something is wrong with you. You can tell us." Jonghyun said and you looked at everyone and you knew you could trust them which is why you sighed. You didnt want them to get involved in this mess that your life has become ever since Sooman has entered it a few nights ago.

Being your friend and family, people you care about was already enough danger to expose them to, you could not let them get any more involved in this or it could end up in a tragedy and you will never let that happen even if you have to lie to them until this is all over and you have finally put it behind you.

"Look, it’s not that I don’t trust you guys, because I do. It took us a while but we became a family and you guys are the greatest friends and girlfriend I could have asked for." You sighed and continued.

"You're right, there is a problem and it involves some other people, dangerous people and I don’t want any of you involved in this." You said hoping they would drop it but of course they didn’t.

Would they be your friend if they did?

"If it is dangerous, that is one more reason why you should tell us so you can help you with anything you need." Suho said and you turned to him.

"No offense Suho but what would you guys do? Call the police?" You asked. "We could." Sunny said and the other nodded their heads.

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I feel the need to remind you that I'm involved with the two most powerful gangs in Seoul. The police doesn’t interfere with what happens between the gangs as long as their problems are with each other. Besides, it's not something to involve police in." You said and they looked at each other because you were right. The police would not interfere in a matter of how they treat one of their own.

"But you said it was dangerous." Tiffany said worried. "Of course its dangerous princess, they are gangs. Anything related to them could be dangerous but I know how to deal with them, you guys don’t. And you shouldn’t, it's bad enough that I have to deal with them." You said and sighed and prepared yourself to lie to your own friends but it was for their safety.

"Look, I don’t want to worry you guys okay? It's nothing big really. I just had an argument with Julien over my next fight and we ended up saying things what we shouldn’t have to each other, he hasn’t talked to me since then, hasn’t returned my calls and that is leaving me unsettled. That’s all." You said and tried to look as convincing as possible.

"If that was it, why didn’t you tell us before?" Key asked. "Because I don’t want any of you involved in that particular part of my life. I didn’t choose that life because it was full of rainbows, I chose that life because I didn’t have another choice. You guys do so make the right choice for you and saty out of it." You said trying to make them see reason.

"This isn’t a Hollywood movie, this is real life and all of you could get hurt and I would never forgive myself if that happened so please for me, can you all promise that you will not get yourselves involved in this anymore?" You asked and they looked at themselves.

"We get involved because we care about you." Tiffany said and you held her hand from across the table.

"I know and I thank you for it but I care about you too and I can't protect everyone so you guys have to help me with that. I can't always be worried about you guys, I will get hurt if I do that." You said.

"The only way I can be relaxed is if I know that all of you are in your houses, safe and sound. Can you guys understand that?" You said and they nodded. "So please, promise me you will not meddle in this subject again." It took a while but everyone promised you.

"We promise as long as you promise that if you ever need help, you will call for us. After all we are family and family sticks together no matter what." Suho said and the other agreed so you had no choice.

"Okay, I promise." You said and they nodded and you went back to talking about other things and this time you tried to be more like you and pay attention to what they eere actually talking about even participating with your opinion every once in a while but you still didn't forget Sooman's words.

During the conversation, you saw Kyungri out of the corner of your eyes so you excused yourself from the table and made your way to her table. She was eating only a sandwich with juice and she was alone so it was the perfect opportunity for you to talk to her.

Well, you could trust Kyungri to talk about the real reason you were like this because she has a terrible relationship with her brother and her father but she fakes it really well. Only you know the real truth about her feelings regarding the men on he family.

She would trust you with her anger towards the two men so you knew you could trust her with the information.

"I need to talk to you." You said sitting down and she looked over very discreetly and could see the eyes of your friends but especially Tiffany's eyes on the two of you. "What about your friends?" She asked and you sighed.

"They cant know about this so act like what we are talking about is something nice, okay?" You said and smiled and so did she. "Okay, what is the problem?" She asked acting just like you instructed.

"During my fight last time, for the first time in forever probably, Sooman came to watch it." You said and she nodded after taking a bite from the sandwich. "I heard Julien tell Father about it." She said and you nodded.

"But there is something Julien doesn’t know." You said. "What is it?" She asked and you smiled still acting to your friends. "Sooman came to talk to me." You said and she choked a little and you laughed to make sure they wouldn’t suspect anything.

"Did I just hear what I think I heard?" She asked and you nodded and it was her time to laugh. "You are screwed if Julien or Father finds out that you hide that from them. But, anyway, what did he say?" She asked and you went to tell her what he said and at the meantime at your friends table, they were wondering what were the two of you talking about.

"I don’t like the idea of leaving Hyeri to deal with those people by herself." Suho said and Tiffany nodded while still looking at your direction. She couldn’t help the jeaulosy from making its appearance. You and Kyungri seemed so close.

"But Hyeri does have a point Suho. Have you ever dealt with a gang before?" Jiyong asked and Suho shook his head. "Has any of you?" The others had the same answer.

"Exactly. None of us here knows how to deal with those people, it's easier for us to complicate her life instead of helping her if we try to get involved with those  people. The only way for her to be at ease when she is fighting or dealing with any of them is if she knows we are not putting ourselves in any danger." Jiyong said and Taeyeon nodded.

"Jiyong is right. Besides she said she doesn’t have much time with those people anyway, soon she will be free of them. Let's not complicate her life by putting our noses where is none of our business. Hyeri lived and survived by herself all her life. It's easier for us to need her help than the other way around when it comes to that gang. Let's just trust her and be there for her when she needs us, the rest leave it to her to deal with." Taeyeon said and it seemed that after thinking about those words, the others and even Suho and Tiffany agreed that two eldest were right.