Closer

Find my heart

Once you heard the alarm ring, you groaned tiredly. You slept very little and your body was sore from the fight, you got up and started to get ready for school, you went downstairs and saw that everyone was already sitting at the table and got shocked when they saw your bruise.

mma_rodrigodamm_twitter_62.jpg

"Oh my God. Hyeri. What happened to you ?" Jungah got up and went to you. "I fell from the bed and hit the bedside table, but I already took care of it." You explained and were glad when you saw that they believed your story. Well, not exactly everyone, not Suho. You knew he wouldn't but you wished he wouldn't mention it now and he didn't.

"Are you ready Suho ?" You asked and he nodded. "I am, let's go." He said and you grabbed an apple, bid goodbye and walked out. Today, it was just the two of you so he questioned you. "Hyeri, tell me the truth about that black eye. It has something to do with that guy from yesterday doesn't it ?" He asked and you sighed.

"In a way, yes but that's all I can say to you for your own safety." You explained and he seemed to understand. "Alright, I won't ask anymore. But seriously, bedside table ?" He joked and you pushed him. You two got inside the school and you noticed the look from everyone, you ignored it and just went towards your friends who also didn't believe your story so you said the same thing you said to Suho and they also understood.

You walked away with them while Sunny talked about what she did yesterday, something about a new level she achieved on her newest videogame and you didn't listen very well, you kept thinking about Julien and his father and that whole situation.

280px-Yang_Hyun_Suk.jpg

Yang Hyunsuk is the leader if the of the YG clan, more like a gang, he controls part of the streets in Seoul, the other part is controlled by his arch enemy, Lee Sooman, leader of the SM gang, you and your sensei always lived in YG's side, that's why you fight for him and not SM. Once he threatened to throw you , your sensei and your brother away if you didn't fight one of Sooman's men. You are his best fighter, that's why he doesn't want to let you go. But you and Julien are friends and you actually trust him and his promise so you'll wait.

"Hyeri. Earth to Hyeri. Are you listening to me ?" Sunny slapped your arm to wake you up. "I'm sorry Sunny. I lost myself in thoughts what were you saying ?" You said and they laughed. "Nothing that matters. Are you okay ?" She asked and you sighed. "I will be, don't worry. It's nothing, let's go." You then headed towards your class, pulling Suho with you. You were tired from yesterday and you just wished the day would go smoothly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You wished and it happened. The day went smooth as the next couple of weeks, you got a phone from Kahi and called Julien, thankfully he didn't have any fight for you, you couldn't wish for more. Two weeks with no fights was perfect. You stayed quiet in school, no fight with the Royals 9 and you and your friends got closer through each day and you were thankful for that. But there was something you didn't know it wouldn't last long. You were on the kitchen when your phone rang, you looked at the ID and answered.

"Julien, what do you want now ? I was about to make me a sandwich." You said and sighed. "I need you tonight Hyeri, I'm sorry." He said and you looked up to the ceiling. "I suspected it. It was too quiet. When ?" You asked and he said.

"3:30 am ? You do know I have classes tomorrow don't you ?" You said and he chuckled. "I do know, you jerk. Are you coming or not ?" He asked and you laughed."I'll go you idiot. See you tonight." You hung up and finished making your sandwich but there's something you didn't notice it. Suho listened to everything.

He then called Sunny, Taemin, Dara to meet at Sunny's house, as soon as they meet, he told them everything he listened. "What do you think about it Suho ?" Dara asked and Suho thought about it. "I think it has something to do with the bruises she had. I don't know, all I know is that we need to find out what it is. We need to follow her, the time she said was 3:30 am. We will meet up at 2:40 and stand waiting for her to leave the house than we follow her." And that's what they did.

When the clock turned 3:10, you got out of the house with your hood and walked towards the same place as the last time. You walked but different from the last time, you did noticed someone was following you and you had and idea of who, you let get closer to the place . "Why are you following me guys ? You can come out now." You stopped on your track and waited for them to appear and they did looking apologetically guilty.

"We're sorry, Hyeri. We were worried about you and wanted to help." Suho said and you smiled." It's okay. It seems though that I can't hide it anymore. You can come with me but you need to know that what you are going to see might change the way you see and think about me. I'll understand if it does." You said and started to walk getting inside the warehouse, they looked at each other and followed you.

You then started to prepare yourself as they came near you. "What is happening here Hyeri ? Why are you putting that tape on your hand ?" Dara asked as she hugged Suho. Julien came near you and said it was time, you thanked him and took of your hoodie passing it to him before looking back to your friends or soon to be ex-friends. "Just stay here and watch." You then stepped into the ring and studied your opponent while they got closer 

Like the last one, this guy was also shocked to see you but didn't say any joke about it, he kept quiet, you started to analyze him before you heard the bell and the fight started. Your predications that he was better than the last one was right, he seemed like a professional, he dodged really well your punches as you did with his, you didn't know what lie you would come up with this time if you got another facial bruise. The only one you could have was the one on your leg from his kicks.

It took you longer but you managed to hit him on the jaw and that's one of the reasons why you are called Ace, because once you hit the first time, the fight is over and this time wasn't different. He stumbled back and you saw your chance and gave him a flying knee kick that from the blood on his face probably broke his nose and made him faint on the ground unconscious. Once again, you won. Well, not that it was a complaint but you finished without any bruise on your face. Thank God.

You were declared the winner and Julien received the money and gave your part of it and kept the rest. You picked your hoodie and walked towards your friends who were waiting for you near the door. You came close to them. "It's better if we get out of here. Do you know any place we can go and talk ?" You asked and Sunny said. "I know a cafe who is open 24/7 and it's not far from here. Let's go ?" She said and all of you nodded leaving that place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay Hyeri, we are here now, just us. Please tell us. Why ?" Suho said and you sighed. "I'm going to tell you from the beginning." They nodded and you inhaled and exhaled before you started. "I was abandoned in the streets by my parents when I was 1 year old." You said and they gasped. "1 year old, are you serious ? Jeongmal. What kind of people does that ? It's insane noona." Taemin said annoyed by that fact.

"I made those questions myself Taemin and never got the answers. Anyway, I was found by a random homeless guy who lived on the streets. He found me on a dumpster just laying down on the garbage. He got me out of there and didn't have the guts to throw me away again so he decided after much much MUCH thinking, to take me with him." You continued.

"If he could get food for him, he was sure he could do for both of us. And he did, he raised me but he was not a random homeless guy, he had once been a really famous martial art's teacher before his wife and son died and he went to live on the streets. He taught me how to fight." You said remembering him.

T15.jpg

"He's known as Rain. He helped raise me and my brother and took care of both of us." You said and they were shocked."You have a brother ? How is that possible ?" Dara said. "Not biological brother. He is a boy I found the same way I was found and like sensei, I couldn't leave him so he came with us and we grew up as siblings. It was for him that I started to do this."

You sighed and continued. "We needed money and we didn't know how to get it and we never robbed anyone. Then casually I heard people talking about that place and went there to fight and see if I could get some money."

"My brother got sick and we needed to buy his medicine but it was really expensive but he needed so somehow and decided to do it. After the first fight, i lost and came back really injured, sensei tried to prohibit me to go back but I wouldn't obey him. He knew that I had potential and could do it if I focused but he didn't want me at 7 to get in between those people."

"He didn't went on my place because he had a problem on his leg and he needed a cane to walk so I needed to do it. But since I was a kid, many people stole from me making promises that was nothing but a trick. It was getting hard to save the money so I started to take out the anger and frustrations on my opponents and started to bring them down. Knockout after knockout. The word about an 'Ace' started spreading around and it reached the ears of one of the most powerful gang leader, Yang Hyunsuk." You explained.

"YG gang ? Really ?" Taemin asked trying to confirm his suspicions, you nodded to him. "The one and only. He send his son and heir to go and check the rumor, that guy you saw talking to me, who helped me to get ready. "You said and they were a little shocked.

"The guy from that day after school is YG's son ?" Sunny asked and you nodded. "Yes, his name is Julien Yang, he is 22 years old. He was the one who stopped a man from stealing almost all of my money. He then offered me to fight for him and his father." You said pausing a little.

"Are you in his gang ?" Suho asked afraid of the answer. "No, no, I'm not. It's just... He doesn't do drugs or killing if that's what you afraid. Well, at least that I know of. He just controls the left half of the streets of Seoul, the poor left half. So, through these fights he shows his power and get a really good amount of money, I fight for him for the past 10 years and I have t thank them, Julien and his father for getting treatment for my brother and putting him in a good school." You stopped and sipped your milkshake.

"What's the name of your brother noona ?" Taemin asked and you smiled. "His name is D.O, at least it's the name I gave him. You see, when I found him he was wrapped around this blanket that had those initials craved in so I decided to call him that, he is 11 years old and a really sweet and cute boy, not to mention the best cook I have ever seen." You said smiling remembering his little face, especially his round eyes.

tumblr_inline_mr8s80pHEt1qz4rgp.png

"Where is he now ?" Dara asked. "He's staying with Julien until I can figure a way to keep him with me so taht we can live together again. But that's not the problem right now. I want to know what you think about everything and if you are going to say something about it to anyone ?" You said and prepared yourself for the worst, worst that never came.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all of that at such a young age. When I was 7, I was learning how to swim on my private pool. I think I understand now what you said about The R9  being just a bunch of rich kids who don't know he first thing about the real world, I'm one of them. All of us are actually." Sunny said and the other 3 nodded their heads.

"What happened today didn't change for the worst the way we see you but for the better. You are an amazing person, Hyeri and we are glad to be your friends and I particularly am happy to be called your brother. I want you to know that you can count on us with anything."

"Since we won't tell anyone, we can help you with the lies if you need to. We are in this together now, right ? We are the Resistance, aren't we ?"Suho said extending his hand in front. Sunny putted hers above his. "Yes, we are." Dara did the same thing. "Yes we are."

So did Taemin, the only one left was you. You smiled and putted your hand below all of theirs. " As the leader, I say we so are the Resistance." You lifted your hands in the air together and smiled before laughing about it. You all returned home feeling even more close and that was amazing for you, let's hope tomorrow it will be just as good.