Flirting with Disaster

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seunghyun’s POV

                  “What the hell man?” Jiyong scoffed at me, “If I were you, I’d go after that Yoona girl.  She’s hot, she’s sweet, and she has a rich granddaddy who knows everything about cardiothoracic surgery.  Just take her out on a few dates!”

                  I shook my head at the idea.  Wouldn’t it be appalling to date a girl to get to her grandfather?  I don’t even think that I’d be her type.  She seems so independent and I know that she doesn’t need a man in her life to function. 

                  I ruffled my hair in frustration.  I needed Joomin Im to teach me his techniques.  Rumor had it that he hadn’t even revealed half of his tricks.  He even knew the secret to making more discoveries.  I was longing to be his student.  To make it worse, he only taught lifelong friends and family.  During the past decade, I heard that he only taught a few of his tricks to his grandson, who was a surgeon in New York.

                  Daesung, Jiyong, Young Bae, and I shared an apartment since we all worked together and were good friends.  The four of us chipped in to buy a poker table on Craigslist; so far, that was all what we did when we had our day offs.  We didn’t really go out to party.  We just stayed at home, played poker, ate anything we wanted, worked out for a bit, and watched television shows and movies.  Then, we would study new procedures for a few hours.

                  “I fold,” Young Bae said as Jiyong revealed the final card.

                  “Me too,” Jiyong sighed as he threw his cards to the side.

                  Daesung grinned at me as if he was waiting for me to fold like the others.  I didn’t smile as I kept my poker face.  Daesung his lips and put down his cards.

                  “Seunghyun ah, just date her.  Woo her for a while and maybe she’ll go running to her grandfather saying that you’re a great guy.  Then, he’ll have to teach you.  Imagine being a revolutionary surgeon in cardiothoracic surgery!  What if you build a strong enough foundation that you discover how to build a long-term artificial heart?  You can do it with Dr. Joomin Im’s help,” Daesung preached.

                  I rolled my eyes as I blew out a puff of air.

                  “I’m going to go all in,” Daesung finally stated.

                  I raised an eyebrow as he raised one back at me.  He smiled tauntingly as he pushed all of his chips to the center of the table.

                  “We should put a wager on this!” Jiyong suggested, “If Seunghyun wins, Daesung has to tell Ga-in that she’s a materialistic, greedy who never shares.  If Daesung wins, Seunghyun has to tell Bora that he caught Taecyeon sneaking into her locker looking for her underwear.”

                  “I am not going to tell Bora that!” I defended, “I am not going to rat my own cousin out.  I don’t even know if that’s true.”

                  Everyone knew that Taecyeon annoyed the hell out of me.  Of course, I was forced to love him because he was my cousin, but he was so cocky and flamboyant that it irritates me. He slept with most of the single nurses and he was snaking his way into the pants of most of the female interns.  Good thing that he decided to back away from Nicole and Krystal.  If he ever touched them, the chief of surgery would fire him right away for messing with his family.

                  Young Bae chuckled, “Come on!  It’s for fun!  It’s all or nothing, Seunghyun!”

                  I narrowed my eyes at my cards.  I already knew I was going to win, so I guess there was nothing that I could lose.

                  “Fine,” I agreed, “I’m all in.”

                  I pushed my chips to the center as Daesung revealed his cards.

                  “I have a straight!” Daesung cheered, “Let it soak in, Seunghyun!  You’re going to have to tell Bora that Taecyeon is a stalker!”

                  I shook my head with a small grin on my face.

                  “Sorry to crash your party, but I have a royal flush, er!” I yelled as I revealed my cards.

                  Daesung’s smile fell as Young Bae and Jiyong began to hoot and crackle in laughter.  Daesung stood up as he ran his fingers through his hair.  It was obvious that he was already worrying with how Ga-in would react.

                  “It’s not fair!” Daesung frowned, “Dr. Son is going to break my face!”

                  “You’re a plastic surgeon.  You can fix your own face,” Young Bae laughed.

                  Jiyong smiled as he turned to me, “So, are you going to do it?”

                  “Do what?” I asked.

                  “Learn from Dr. Joomin Im!  All you have to do is impress his granddaughter, and you’re on your way to becoming an innovative surgeon.  You will be untouchable,” he told me.

                  I knew it was wrong, but I really needed Joomin to teach me.  Was it wrong to flirt with her a little?  I sighed as the guilt began to eat me up.

                  Young Bae added, “Just do it.  As a surgeon, she’d understand why you did it.  I bet she’d do the same thing if she was in your shoes.”

                  Even Young Bae was in on it.  That had to say something because he was the kindest one from the four of us.  I my lips and then I exhaled loudly.

                  “I guess I can give it a shot,” I gave in.

____________________

Yoona’s POV

                  “Hello, Sophia,” I smiled as I entered the room.

                  I had gone down to the gift shop and purchased a teddy bear for her.  She didn’t have much support since her parents were now in jail waiting for a court date on their hearing. 

                  “Dr. Im!” she held her hands out.

                  I gave her a warm hug and then presented the teddy bear to her.  She took the bear and set it besides her.

                  “Listen, I called this place and they found a new heart for you,” I informed her.

                  She scratched her head, “What’s wrong with my heart?”

                  “Sophia, what were your parents like?” I asked.

                  “They were kind of crazy,” she admitted, “Sometimes, they’d talk to themselves.  They were always mad at me.  Sometimes, they’d even hit me when I did nothing wrong.”

                  My heart ached at those words.  As a surgeon, I’m never supposed to be emotionally involved, but I tried to tend to my patient’s feelings.  Most surgeons wouldn’t give a care, but I was a bit different.

                  “Sophia, your parents made a few mistakes and they made your heart very weak,” I broke it to her, “Your heart can’t handle you right now because you’re a very bright girl with lots and lots of energy.  You’re going to need a new heart to deal with all this new energy.  Dr. Choi and I want to give you this heart.  Is that okay?”

                  She nodded slowly as she cleared .

                  “Dr. Im, the cute doctor is here again!” she pointed at the door.

              

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter