Sorry

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun’s POV

            I paced back and forth as Jiyong tried to calm me down.  We were supposed to be golfing, and the only reason why I even took time with this sport was for networking.  It helped a lot since a lot of older surgeons and businessmen used this sport to broaden their network. 

            I had been thinking a lot, and I recalled everything.  After Yoona told me that Bom was the doctor who delivered a newborn Violet from an unconscious Yoona, the pieces of the puzzle began to fit.  I tightened my gloves and hit the small white golf ball with my club.  I saw the ball fly and it landed a few feet away from the hole. 

            Jiyong stared at me with bewilderment.  I had dropped the club down on the floor and removed my gloves.  The golf caddie took my gloves and took the golf clubs from Jiyong and I as he put it in the golf cart.  Within a minute, he drove away giving us the privacy I wanted.

            “I remember the reason why I hid Violet from Yoona,” I breathed out.

________________________

Bom’s POV

            Yunho had called me into his office again, and I thought that he was just going to tell me that my behavior to his favorite, Yoona, was unacceptable.  Maybe he was going to tell me that I had respect my superior and disregard any personal matters in the workplace.  God, I was dead wrong.  I stared at the folders before me in shock. 

            Yoona was ing suing me?  How the hell did she know that I was the surgeon who had operated on her when she was in labor?  I had signed for Dr. Kim, an older man who passed away a year after Violet’s birth, as the surgeon in charge of Yoona’s labor.  I was being sued, and I knew for a fact that it meant that my medical license was in jeopardy. 

            I was a pediatric surgeon, and who would trust a surgeon who hid a newborn from her mother?  No one.  My credibility was out of the ing window now.

            “I don’t understand,” I shook my head, “Is Yoona doing this because of what happened yesterday?”

            Yunho sighed, “No, I spoke with her earlier this morning.  She’s doing this because you hid her daughter from her.  I’m sorry, but I can no longer employ you—at least until this all settles.  My best advice for you is to beg for forgiveness.  Cases like this only end well for people like you if the person suing drops it.  I would beg, or you lose everything.”

__________________

Yoona’s POV

            I was reading a book silently to myself in the locker room.  I had been interrogated all day by other surgeons because of the lawsuit that I had started against Bom.  Bom had told everyone, and I was guessing that she was trying to gain pity.  She wanted them to feel bad for her so that they could tell me to back off, but my mind was set. 

            I was already off the clock, but I didn’t want to go home yet.  Violet was at a sleepover at a classmate’s house, and I knew that Seunghyun was going to see Bom and tell me to go easier on her.

            I stayed quiet as I heard a pair of footsteps enter the locker room.  I also heard sniffling, and it sounded like a female.  I remained silent as I listened carefully.  I was hiding behind the lockers, and I stood up and peeked at whom it was.

            My jaw dropped to see that it was Tiffany.  It was Tiffany Hwang.  She was an attending neurosurgeon, and I didn’t get to speak to her much.  Jessica, Seohyun, Sooyoung, and I had invited her to go out with us, but she always turned down our invitations.  All I knew was that she was married to an American man.  I had seen him in the hospital once, but I had no idea who he was.  Seohyun informed me that her husband was a police officer.

            I stepped out of the shadows to look at her.  I wanted to know why she was crying.  I wanted to know if she was okay.  She saw me, and she immediately covered her face.  I saw a quick glimpse of her face, and I was in utter surprise.  She had bruises on her face.  I quickly ran up to her and tried to tear her hands away from her face.

            “Tiffany, let me see!” I exclaimed.

            “Yoona, please,” she begged, “I don’t want to draw any attention.”

            I tore her hands away and stared in shock.  Wow, I had never expected Tiffany to be the type who would be abused like this.  It was rare to have a surgeon live a life like this.  Most of the female surgeons were in charge of their lives.  Of course, Tiffany was brilliant.  I had seen her in the operation room, and she was extravagant with her hands.  Her work was steady, detailed, and precise.

            “Who did this to you?  Your husband?” I asked.

            Tiffany sniffed as she looked away from me.  I was still horrified at the whole sight.  Tears were rolling down her face.  Her bruises were so evident that it looked like it popped out.  I took an ice pack from the freezer in the lounge connected the locker room and handed it to her.  She pressed it against her face.

            “He got so angry,” she said in a hoarse whisper.

            “Break up with him,” my brows furrowed, “He doesn’t deserve a woman like you.  What the hell are you doing with a man like him?  You’re a respected surgeon for Christ sake!”

            Tiffany whimpered, “I love him.  I love him so much.  We’ve been together for three years.  I…I don’t know what to do.”

            “A marriage is not the remedy to an abusive marriage.  It only heightens it,” I frowned, “Come on.  Have dinner at my house.  I don’t want you going home to a monster like him.”

_____________________

Tiffany’s POV

            Yoona was a very kind hearted person.  I always knew it, but I didn’t realize it until now.  I was sitting in her living room as she and Seunghyun began to fix up dinner.  Seunghyun saw me earlier, and he didn’t question anything.  He welcomed me into his home, and he didn’t ask or fish for any details.  It was as if he completely understood without me saying a single word.

            “Auntie Fany,” Violet tugged on my sleeve.

            I was wearing a plaid pair of Yoona’s pajama pants.  It had a matching button up long sleeve.  I felt so welcomed that they had allowed me into their home like one of their closest friends. 

            “Yes?” I asked.

            Violet had to be the cutest girl I had ever seen.  She looked like Yoona, but she acted like Seunghyun.  When I heard that Yoona’s daughter was still alive, I was in shock.  I could not believe all the drama that encircled them. 

            Violet was wearing a nightdress, and her long hair was down in its natural state.  Her eyes were wide with innocence and curiosity, and her skin was pale like her mother’s.  I looked into the kitchen to see Yoona giving Seunghyun the cold shoulder.  Hm, it must be about Bom.

            “What happened to your face?” she asked in a sad tone, “You’re really pretty.  I don’t like the purples and blues on your face.”

            My eyes watered as I caressed her cheek.  I wanted a daughter so bad.  I was so close.  I thought Jake was the perfect guy.  He was handsome, tall, smart, and caring.  Everything started to change once his jealousy took over.  He had hit me a handful of times before Yoona caught it.  Today, he started to hit me because he saw Taecyeon with me.  Taecyeon was my boss, and I had to be with him.  We were working on a patient together for goodness sake.  I thought he wouldn’t hit me because I was at work, but he did.  He dragged me into a closet and began to beat me repeatedly.  He then shoved me out of the closet and told me to cover up the bruises with makeup, and that was why I went to the locker room.  I didn’t expect Yoona to be there.

            “Someone bad did it,” I admitted.

            She pouted, “Well, you need to keep away from that bad person.”

            She was just like her mother.  I understood why Yoona fell in love with her right away.  Violet had this trait that made her so damned loveable.  I didn’t know her much, but I wanted to protect her from all the horrible things in life.

            The doorbell rang, and I saw Yoona poke her head out of the kitchen.  I stood up from my seat and signaled for her to go back in the kitchen.

            “It’s fine, Yoona.  I’ll get the door,” I assured her.

            I walked over to the door and opened it right away.  Seunghyun had said something about ordering pizza, but they cancelled it after they decided to make dinner.  Maybe they forgot to tell the pizzeria that their order was cancelled.

            “Mister, you need to know—” I stopped talking.

            I stared in shock to see Taecyeon there.  He was wearing a t-shirt, a leather jacket, and a pair of worn out jeans.  It was odd to see him in casualwear.  Violet saw him and immediately ran up to her uncle.  She jumped into his arms and he quickly caught her and raised her up with his arms.

            “Tiffany,” he said slowly.

            He must have seen the ugly bruises on my face.  I was embarrassed to know that my boss saw me like this.  I tried my best to keep my relationship with him professional.  I held in my laughter when he made those silly jokes about stupid things.  I denied his invitations to hang out with other surgeons.  I pushed away a man like him for my husband.

            “Who the hell did this?” he barked.

            Violet sensed the awkwardness and stared in shock at both Taecyeon and me.  Yoona and Seunghyun approached us.  Yoona took Violet from Taecyeon, and I caught Seunghyun signaling for Taecyeon to stop asking me questions.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter