Game On

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoona’s POV

                  My eyes began to flutter open to see the sunlight pouring in through the open window.  I rubbed my eyes and yawned loudly.  With my eyes half-open, I got up from the bed and dragged my feet to the bathroom.  I closed the bathroom door and stared at myself in the mirror.  I looked like crap.  My hair was tangled, my makeup was smeared, and I looked exhausted.  I then looked closer at the mirror to see little marks on my neck.  What the heck was that?  My eyes narrowed to see two red marks on my neck.  What the heck?  Were those hickeys?  My eyes widened, as I finally grew aware of my surroundings.  My breathing grew heavy as I tired to think of what had happened last night.  What the hell happened last night?  I couldn’t remember a thing!  The last thing I remembered was going to the bar with Seunghyun.  This had to involve him!

                  “Seunghyun Choi!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

______________________

Seunghyun’s POV

                  “Dude, I don’t know what to do.  She’s sleeping right now!” I yelled.

                  I woke up early in the morning to see myself in bed.  She was also in bed.  To make it worse, I saw a freaking wedding ring on my finger!  Was I married to her now?  I freaked out, so I sneaked out and made my way to the room I was supposed to share with Daesung.  Daesung thought everything was interesting.  He had called a few chapels and was informed that I had registered for a marriage with Yoona in the chapel of Elvis.  I got married in an Elvis church.  Do you know how absurd that sounded?

                  He giggled, “I still can’t believe you and Yoona are married!”

                  “Stop saying that and just…help me!” I cried out, “I’m desperate.  I need to file for a divorce right away.  My plan was to date her—not get married to her!  God, we were so drunk.  When I was with her, I acted so young and free.  I should have thought about the consequences.”

                  "You talk as if it's bad that Yoona brought that side out in you.  You're always so serious and quiet.  It's nice to have a change once in a while," Daesung teased.

                  Daesung knew for a fact that I had never planned on getting married in my life.  After seeing the failed marriages in my family, I gave up on the idea of marriage.  What was the point of getting married if we were most likely to get divorced?  I had set my career as my highest priority in life, and a marriage would only tie me down.

                  Daesung stopped laughing and then looked at me.  He seemed as if he was in deep thought. 

                  “Yah, you’re married,” he stated.

                  “I know that, genius!” I said sarcastically.

                  He shook his head, “No.  You’re married.  You’re married to Dr. Yoona Im—Im!  You are now married to an Im!  You are married to the only granddaughter of the father of the new world of cardiothoracic surgery.  You are royalty now.  You now have a right to his knowledge.”

                  “What?” I asked.

                  He pulled me closer to him and looked at me with determination.

                  “Remember how Young Bae, Jiyong, and I were encouraging you to date her so that you can get on Dr. Joomin Im’s good side?” he asked, “Well, this is so much better.  There are rumors going around that he wants Yoona to get married. If you stay married to her, Joomin will teach you.  I promise you that.  Once you’re done learning, you can divorce her.”

                  This sounded so outrageous.  Was he suggesting that I stay married to her just for her grandfather? 

                  “You’re already married to her, and you can’t take that back.  You might as well gain every single thing you can get from this marriage.  Just continue to woo her so that she doesn’t divorce you.  Make her stay long enough for you to learn from Joomin.  After that, dump her and you’ll be home free. You’ll be single again and you would have learned from the father of cardiothoracic surgery.  You can be the new king of that field,” Daesung planned.

                  It sounded good to me, but I didn’t know if I could fool her.  I’d feel guilty and she looks like the type who wouldn’t be fooled.  I swallowed nervously.

                  Daesung pushed me towards the door.

                  “Buy some breakfast for her and tell her that you want to give the marriage a try,” he ordered, “I’m going to text Young Bae and Jiyong that you’re finally Mrs. Im.”

                  I glared at him because he was suggesting that Yoona was the man and I was the woman of the relationship—or whatever we had.

                  “Fine, if it makes you feel better, I’ll tell them that there’s a Mrs. Choi,” he rolled his eyes.

________________________________

3rd Person POV

                  Seunghyun heard her screaming at the top of her lungs.  She had just realized that she was and had a wedding ring around her finger.  He jumped up in response to how loud she could get.  He was startled, but he took a deep breath.

                  She emerged from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body.  She approached him as she held her hand up.  

                  “Why is there a ring on my finger?” she asked.

                  He confessed, “Look, I was drunk last night, too, and I don’t remember what happened.  I contacted a chapel, and well, it’s confirmed.  We’re married.”

                  She seemed to freak out after hearing that.  She began to gently pull on her hair in frustration at the thought of getting married.  Yoona could not believe that she had gotten married to her boss.  To make it worse, she even had with him!

                  “Dr. Choi—I mean Seunghyun,” she sighed, “I don’t want to make it sound bad or anything, but I’m not ready for this and…”

                  “Just stop right there,” he ordered, “I grew up in a very religious family. We have always cherished love and family.  I’m now married to you, and before you even think about wanting to get a divorce, I want to work it out.  At least give it a try, please.  My family would disown me if they found out I got a divorce without making an effort to make it last.”

                  “What?” Yoona scratched her head.

                  Seunghyun knew he was lying to her.  His family had gotten so many divorces that he had lost count.  They didn’t cherish the ideas of love and family.  He just wanted her to feel bad.

                  Yoona sighed, “I-I’ll see what I can do.  It’s just too much for me.  It has moved on too quick.”

                  “It may be a mistake, but I think of it as a gift from above.  What if it was meant to be?” he asked.

                  She did believe in a higher power, but she wasn’t exactly religious like Seohyun.  She only went to church a few times, but she did believe that God existed.  How could this be a gift from above though?  They were on a date last night and now, they were married.  Yoona needed time to think, and she was glad that Seunghyun wasn’t the type that was angry that he was now married to her.  Most people would be terrified, but they were both surprisingly calm about it.

____________________________

Minho’s POV

                  When we were on the plane, Kris told me that my sister was now married.  He told me he saw Yoona and Seunghyun talking about it when they were in the elevator.  They failed to see him in the elevator because of how worried they were.  My sister was talking to Jessica, who was sitting next to her while Seunghyun sat next to Daesung.  They both seemed to be avoiding each other. 

                  When we arrived back to the hospital, Yoona continued to ignore him even though he tried to talk to her.  Was she really married?  To be honest, I would never expect her to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter