Assurance

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoona’s POV

            “What the hell are you talking about?” I asked loudly.

            I was trying to conceal my anger, but it was getting too difficult.  I was glad that Tiffany had taken Violet for lunch at a café.  We were in the bedroom, and Seunghyun had just asked for the unquestionable.  She asked me to drop the case against Bom.  He wanted me to stop my malpractice suit against her because she was falling apart.  Sooyoung had called earlier, and she stated that Bom was in a 48-hour observation after attempting suicide.

            “She’s a mess, Yoona,” he sighed, “Her career is the last thing she had.  We just need to show a little sympathy to her.”

            I scoffed, “Sympathy?  Really?  Did she show sympathy when she wrote in the records that my daughter had died?  Did she feel sympathy when she told you that I never wanted our child, and I was going to drop the baby to the nearest orphanage like the deadbeat mother she wanted me to be?”

            Seunghyun had just told me what he had remembered.  He told me that he was told that I didn’t want the child to begin with, and that was why he decided to keep the baby and cut contact from me.  We were fooled.  We were both fooled. 

            “I understand that what she did was wrong.  I’m pretty sure that my sister was in on it, too, but we need to look past it,” he frowned.

            Was he insane?  Because of that , I had missed out on my daughter’s first years.  I had cried because of a child I thought had died.  She was the reason to my misery, and I was dedicated to inflicting that misery back to her.  I honestly didn’t care if she tried to pull off a show.  I knew she wasn’t going to jump when they informed me she tried.  She was too full of herself to die on purpose.

            “Four years,” I stated, “Four years I had lived without Violet.  I missed her first words, first steps, and her first day of school.  I missed out on being a mother because of Bom.”

            He sighed, “Yoong.”

            He hugged me from behind and kissed my shoulders as tears began to escape from my eyes.  I despised the fact that there was still this hatred in my heart.  I was very uneasy about everything when I should feel sure about it all.  I was trying to get my life together, but I felt this empty hole in my heart.  

            “You love her, don’t you?” my voice broke.

            “No, I don’t love her.  I love you,” he assured me.

            I breathed out, “Yeah right.”

            I hated that I felt so insecure.  I knew that Seunghyun cared about this woman, and it bothered me like crazy.  I held in the tears and inhaled sharply.  I sat back down on the bed and looked down at my hands.  Seunghyun kneeled in front of me and held my hands.  He was looking at me, but I was avoiding those eyes.  He knew that those eyes were my weakness. 

            He began to kiss my knuckles as I sniffled.  I could smell his scent, and I couldn’t stop admiring the beauty in front of me.  I loved him so much.  Because of him, I had grown to be very selfish.  I didn’t want to share him with another woman.  I didn’t want him caring for another woman like the way he was caring for Bom.  I knew that Bom was an old friend of his, but I could not stand the idea of him showing his soft side to her.  That woman had wedged us apart years ago.  Why should I show her mercy when she refused to show me mercy at my most desperate time?

            “Believe me when I say this,” he said to me, “I tried hard—very hard—to stop loving you.  For years, I tried to convince myself that I no longer loved you.  I told myself that I never loved you.  I tried to convince myself that I just thought I loved you.  Our marriage was an accident, but I knew that I could never stop loving you.”
            I scoffed, “You thought I tried to give away our daughter like an animal.”

            “I know,” he nodded, “Even when I believed it, I still loved you.  When I found out the truth that you were told that Violet was a stillborn, that was when I realized that I truly loved you.  I could not be surer that you are the one I love.  I love you so much, and I had never been so sure about it.”

            “Then why do you care so much about her?” I asked.

            I hated how I almost sounded like a child.  I was whining because the man I was deeply in love with cared about another woman.  I knew I was the one he loved, but I wanted to be the only one.  With the exception of Violet, I didn’t want Seunghyun giving that much attention to another woman.

            “Because she’s human,” Seunghyun told me, “She made a mistake, and I believe that she shouldn’t lose it all because of one mistake.”

______________________

Seunghyun’s POV

            I had just finished a heart transplant, and I took a deep sigh.  Yoona didn’t tell me if she was going to drop the case, and I was hoping that she would make the right decision.  I knew that she was wise for her age, but I knew that there was hatred in her heart.  What Bom did to Yoona was unforgettable in Yoona’s eyes, and I completely understood both sides.  I tried to remain neutral; I was first on Yoona’s side, but then I saw how Bom reacted to it all.  It was too stressful for her.  I made mistakes too, and if I had to pay for my mistakes like how Bom had to, I would want someone to show mercy to me, too.

            The nurse took off my surgical gloves and I began to scrub my hands in the sink.  I took the sponge and scrubbed it against my hands.  Suddenly, another nurse entered the washroom with a distraught look on her face.  I looked at her with bewilderment as she nervously swallowed.

            “Dr. Choi, your cousin, Dr. Ok, is about to get into a fight.  Dr. Hwang is hysterical!” the nurse informed me, “The man pushed Dr. Im, too.”

_______________

Tiffany’s POV

            I had just gotten out of a three-hour long surgery with Dr. Ok, and I was exhausted.  I was running on no food and two hours of sleep.  I felt like I was taking advantage over Yoona and Seunghyun’s request to stay over at their home, but they insisted.  They didn’t want me going home to Jake.  Yoona even referred me to her lawyer, and her lawyer was starting my divorce process with Jake. 

            “I’ll see you when we check for post-ops,” Taecyeon smiled at me.

            Oh no, I knew that I was falling for him.  I didn’t want to fall for him.  He was my boss for goodness sake.  I pressed my lips together as I nodded and smiled back at him.  He had been more than a boss to me these past few days.  He’d been a friend.  I knew that he would never see me as anything more, but this secret crush still remained in me.

            I watched him walk away and I turned around.  My face was turning red, and I was glad that he didn’t see me blush.  I was acting like a high school girl who had just talked to the cute jock every girl had a crush on.  I clutched onto the clipboard and pressed it against my chest as I began to walk.

            I felt my smile fade slowly as my arms dropped on my sides.  The clipboard fell on the floor as I pressed my lips together.  I didn’t know why the hallway was empty.  There were no staff members or patients, but there was one man.  I saw him walki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter