Cataclysm

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona’s POV

            I had not been in Korea since I went here on vacation years ago.  I think I was about eight years old, and Minho was so little.  Our parents were still alive, and they wanted to show us the sights.  Of course my parents were on the job during vacation.  They performed a few surgeries during the nights of our vacation, but during the day, they were all ours.  That was my only good memory as a child.  That was the only good thing that I could remember. 

            I had called the hospital my grandfather was admitted in, and they claimed that he was still in surgery.  His body was getting weaker, and they tried doing a repair on his lung because there was damage on his left lung.  His weakened lungs added onto his cancer, and his state was getting dangerous.  I had to admit that I was afraid.  I didn’t want him to leave us just yet.  I wanted him by my side.

            The waiting room was empty, and I had been sitting here for the past two hours.  There were occasional surgeons and nurses who would stop and shake my hand and bow to me over and over when they recognized who I was.  They congratulated me on my Berit award, and I would weakly smile and thank them for their regards.

            Somehow, I felt even more alone.  My eyes were done crying, and I just wanted everything to be okay.  I pushed away the thought of Seunghyun and Ga-in together because I wanted to focus on my baby and my grandfather. 

            “Yoona, what the hell is wrong with you?” I heard a voice.

            I turned around to see my friend with a concerned look on her face.  I saw Jessica scurry over to me and immediately held me in a warm embrace.  I was surprised that she actually went to Korea.  She was a very busy surgeon, and I felt grateful that she cared enough to travel all the way to Korea from Los Angeles to check up on me.

            “I heard about your grandfather, and I knew you’d come here,” she informed me, "I got the last flight in a long time to Korea.  I got lucky."

            I sighed, “Sica, you didn’t have to come.  You’re wasting your time.  You could have been logging in hours.”

            “I can log in hours any day,” she persisted, “I need to be there for you when you need me.”

            She was one of the few friends that I could count on.  I remember being in med school.  I was a third year student, and she was a freshman.  We were the same age, and she was assigned as my roommate in Harvard.  We formed a stronger connection, and in a way, I learned to be tough because of her.

            “Just to let you know, Seunghyun is on his way here, too,” Jessica admitted.

            I grew outraged and immediately stood up.  I didn’t want to see Seunghyun for goodness sake.  What if I went crazy and hurt him?  I didn’t want to see him because I knew that I was going to do something that I would regret later on.  Jessica noticed my erratic behavior and tilted her head in curiosity.

            “What’s up?  It looks like you mentally killed him a hundred times,” she observed.

            That was when I told her.  I told her every little detail I saw and heard during Seunghyun and Ga-in’s encounter.  Her eyes filled with rage as she tightened her fist.  She gritted her teeth as she stared in disbelief.

            “That bastard!” she exclaimed, “I rooted for him to be with you, but he never appreciated the fact that you two were married!  He’s an !  I’ll kill him when I see him!  And we should kill Dr. Son, too!”

            I forced out a laugh, “We will do no killing.”

            “We should!” she protested, “She’s just insecure that you’re going to have her job soon.  She wanted to take something of yours because you’re about to take her job.  When you become the boss, you should give her hell, Yoona.  Make her scrub the bloody OR floors if you have to.”

            “In honesty, I don’t want to deal with both of them at all,” I confessed, “I want to be away from them.  I don’t want to become involved in their games.  Jessica, help me please.”

            “Help you do what?” Jessica asked.

            I breathed out, “Help me keep away from them.  I know I shouldn’t run away from my problems, but I want a break from my problems.  I am afraid that if I see them, too much stress with be inflicted on my body, and it’ll be bad for my baby.”

            “I’ll do my best,” Jessica promised.

____________________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

            “Noona, just listen to me, please!” I begged.

            My sister was on the phone with me, and she was a little reluctant to speak to me.  She was still pissed off that I was married to Yoona, and I had avoided any advances on her friend.  I didn’t know why she was so obsessed with having her friend and I date.  We didn’t have anything in common, and I felt miserable with her friend.

            “Please just see her,” I pleaded, “Just see my wife, and please make sure she is okay.  I don’t want her getting in any trouble.  Just call me when you see her.”

            My sister snapped, “She’s a grown woman.  Seunghyun, stop treating her like a child.”

            “We argued, okay?  We argued, and she’s pregnant.  She ran away to another country, and I can’t get there right now,” I grunted.

            All of the flights were booked, and I didn’t have a private jet at my disposal like Yoona.  I had to wait until the next day to get on the first available plane to South Korea.  I was already camping out in the airport terminal in LAX, which was already embarrassing.

            “Fine,” she snapped, “I’ll go check on your little princess.  What hospital is she at?  She’s visiting her grandfather, right?”

_______________________________

Jessica’s POV

            Only twelve hours had passed, and Yoona had not said one word.  The doctors finally let us see Joomin, and he looked absolutely horrible.  He was now resting, and in my professional opinion, he didn’t have more than 48 hours to live.  His condition was horrible, and the damage was severe.  I knew Yoona knew this herself, but I didn’t have the heart to tell her.  I just wanted her to cherish every single second she could have with her grandfather.

            She finally pulled out her phone and began to dial a number.  I immediately guessed she was going to call Seunghyun to finally speak to him, but that thought quickly subsided.  She was speaking in her professional voice.  She wasn’t using that personal tone she usually used with her husband, family, and friends.

            “Hello, Ms. Wright,” Yoona stated, “I would like you to go ahead and go forward with those files.  Have them ready, and send them to Seoul in South Korea.  I’ll text you the address, and put it on express mail.”

            She hung up the phone and she put it back in her purse.  She had various text messages and missed calls from her husband and family, but she refused to answer them or even read the texts.

            Ms. Wright was Yoona’s lawyer, and I knew what Yoona had just requested.  I had to admit that I was dumbfounded.  She made it sound as if she had been thinking about it for a long time. 

            “You’re asking for divorce papers?” I questioned.

            She nodded, “I don’t see the point of continuing on with this marriage.  The only reason why I agreed to stay in the marriage in the first place was to please my dying grandfather, right?  Well, he’s not getting better.  I thought I would stay with Seunghyun after a few months, but he keeps on hurting me.  There’s no reason for me to stay with him.”

            I bit my lip as I curled up in my chair.  I looked around the expensive hospital room.  I knew that this was a VIP room just by looking at my surroundings.  The hospital bed was larger, the floor was shinier, the room was more spacious, and there was even a mini kitchen.  It was like your were at home.

            “Maybe you should just talk to him first,” I advised.

            “No,” she shook her head, “I’m tired of talking.  I’m tired of being taken advantage of.  I just want to focus on my own dreams.”

___________________

Narsha’s POV

            It took me about ten minutes to find out which hospital Yoona’s grandfather was in—well, I guess it took my assistant ten minutes.  I was the busy mayor of Seoul, but here I was tending to my younger brother’s love life.  I had to admit that I was shocked because I had never heard him in so much distress. 

            I unwrinkled my Gucci skirt as I walked down the hall of the hospital.  My Louis Vuitton high heels clacked against the white tiles as I looked for the room Yoona’s grandfather was in. 

            I never understood why my best friend worked in a hospital.  I also didn’t know why Sooyoung, Seunghyun, and Taecyeon would work in a hospital.  It was so damned depressing, and the hours were ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter