First Promise

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona’s POV

                  I had to be annoying.  All I had to do was be annoying and he’d run away from me.  We were both awarded with a day off in the middle of the week just so that we could move into our new home.  My grandfather planned it all out. He asked for a day off for the both of us, and as a wedding gift, he gave us a house.  Yes, that’s right.  He bought us a house with 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, two living rooms, a fully equipped kitchen, an indoor pool with a Jacuzzi, a gym with sauna, and a library.  It had to cost more than $3 million.  I think I’ve seen the house in some magazine while I was waiting for an appointment at the dentist.

                  “Tabi,” I said, “I’m so excited!”

                  “Tabi?” he asked in confusion.

                  I nodded, “My patients call you Tabi.  They say that it’s a cute name for you, so that’s my pet name for you now.”

                  I grabbed his hand and interlaced my fingers with his, which took him by surprise.  I kept a cheesy smile on my face as I skipped into the house like a little child.  He seemed dumbfounded with my actions.  It had to be working. 

 

Seunghyun’s POV

                  Why was she acting so weird?  I already found her attractive when she was working.  When she was working at the hospital, she would act mature, sophisticated, and compassionate.  Now that we were in our new home, she had been acting like a child.  She used that baby voice.  I didn’t know if it was a habit of hers, but that habit of hers kind of annoying.

                  “Grandfather already had an interior designer pick out the furniture,” Yoona pouted, “I wanted a pink bedroom.  I think I’m going to buy a pink carpet to match the pink bed sheets that I bought online yesterday.”

                  What?  She bought pink bed sheets?  I never had a problem with the color pink, but it’s just so feminine.  She seemed so excited over those sheets.  Oh god, I can already see Jiyong, Daesung, and Young Bae laughing at me for having pink sheets.

                  If my tolerance over it makes her stay with me, I’ll endure it.  It’s only pink sheets right?  Maybe she was just a girly woman.  I never thought she would be like that since she was a good surgeon who didn’t mind being around blood and guts.

                  “If you want the pink rug to match the pink bed sheets, then go for it,” I smiled, “I’m sure your touches on the bedroom will make it better.  With me you’ll get anything you want.”

______________________

Yoona’s POV

                  I just didn’t understand.  Why was he so accepting towards me?  I huffed out a breath of air as I tried to think of more ways to annoy him but look innocent and sweet at the same time.  Dr. Sehun Oh was my intern and he seemed to see something bothering me.  I looked at him, and he immediately looked away.

                  “Is there something wrong, Dr. Oh?” I asked.

                  “No,” he answered quickly.

                  I was sure that my brother had told him that I was now married to Seunghyun.  It spread around the hospital like a wildfire.  Gossip traveled fast and when they saw that ring around my finger, everyone was amazed. 

                  My pager began to beep as well did Sehun’s.  We both looked at our pagers and read that we were needed in the pit, which was a term used for the emergency room.  I looked around at the other passing surgeons and saw that their pagers were going off, too.  That was when I realized that there had to be some kind of tragic accident. 

                  “Dr. Oh, we need to run,” I said to Sehun as I began to sprint towards the emergency room.

                  The both of us began to run towards the emergency room to see that the chief had gathered everyone.  All of the interns, residents, fellows, and attendings were in the same room.  It was like one big surgical reunion.  Everyone was handed a surgical gown to prepare for what was coming.

                  “I have just received a call from the police that there was a shooting in a local park.  There will be patients that will be pronounced dead on arrival.  If you have a patient that’s DOA, make sure that they get transported to the morgue and move on to patients that are living and in critical condition.  I want interns to take care of patients with minor injuries.  Residents, attendings, and fellows need to work on patients who are near death.  Scheduled surgeries will be pushed back for today,” Yunho announced with eagerness in his voice, “Let’s keep the casualties to a minimum.”

                  The interns began to get the equipment and surgical tools ready as the fellows, attendings, and residents rushed outside.  The cold air made goose bumps emerge on my skin.  As if they were in a straight line, I saw more than seven ambulances race towards the hospital. 

                  I grabbed a nearby resident surgeon, Dr. Tiffany Hwang, to help me on the first ambulance.  The paramedic opened the door to the ambulance to reveal a little boy in a stretcher.  There was blood everywhere.  The paramedic was applying pressure against an open wound on the boy’s chest.

                  “This is Steve Chang.  He’s a 5-year old boy with a gunshot wound in his chest cavity.  It missed his heart; his pulse is still steady, but it has decreased over the minutes,” the paramedic informed me.

                  I turned to Tiffany, “Dr. Hwang, I need you to book an OR right away.  This little boy is going to need surgery to repair the arteries that have been damaged.  It also looks as if the bullet is still in there.  We need to remove that, too.  The bullet might cause poisoning.  I’ll get the head CT and MRI ready while you get the operation room booked.”

                  The paramedic thought that the bleeding was controlled and gently stopped applying pressure to the wound.  It wasn’t bleeding out anymore at first.  All of a sudden, blood began to squirt out of his chest staining my surgical gown.  I quickly covered up the wound and applied pressure.  That was when I realized that most of the patients were children.  They needed my help because a group of children had gotten shot.  It was my worst surgical nightmare.

_____________________

Yuri’s POV

                  Most of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter