Revenge

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona’s POV

            “Come on, honey,” I held Violet’s hand, “I saw this store that had this cute dress.  It would look great on you.”

            I absolutely loved shopping for my daughter.  When it came to shopping for myself, I would always get on the lazy side, so I hired a stylist years ago.  She did all the shopping for me, but when it came to my daughter, I wanted to be there to see her try on her shoes and dresses.

            Seunghyun was right; she was the best of both worlds.  Violet was never afraid to get dirty like a tomboy.  She ran around, and just a week ago, she came back into the house with mud all over her hair and body.  When I told her that I wanted to take her shopping, she was squealing in excitement like a princess about to get a new tiara.

            “Mommy, I have a question,” Violet stated.

            “What’s that?” I asked.

            Violet frowned, “Why do you always lock the door at night?  I tried coming into your room last night, but it was locked.  I went to daddy’s room, but it was empty.”

            I suddenly stopped walking and froze in place.  Did Violet just ask that?  For the past week, Seunghyun had been sleeping in my bedroom.  I hadn’t told anyone that our relationship was no longer platonic, and we were sleeping together again.  I knew what others were thinking.  I was letting him into my heart again despite hiding my daughter from me for so many years.  I put those thoughts aside and remembered that I still loved him, and he still loved me.

            Seunghyun was in the hospital because Yunho wanted to talk to him about taking the position as head of cardiothoracic surgery again.  Sooyoung had observed him for so long, and she claimed that he was back to normal. The only thing was that he didn’t remember some personal memories.

____________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

            “The interim head of cardiothoracic surgery’s time is going to end here, and I really would love it if you took your old job back,” Yunho told me.

            I smiled as I looked at the papers in front of me.  He had offered me a higher salary, more benefits, and a better office if I took the job.  The military had discharged me after what had happened, and I figured it was time to find a job.

            I remembered how to perform each surgical procedure perfectly, and I had proven it to Yunho when he watched me repair someone’s pacemaker.  I could tell that he was impressed at how accurate and fast my hands still were after all those years.

            “I’ll take the job,” I nodded.

            Before I could sign the paper, he stopped me.  He suddenly breathed out and leaned back on his office chair.  There was something that he wanted to say, and I wanted to hear it.  I stared at him with patience for him to say what he wanted.

            “Before you sign,” he sighed, “I want you to know that I hired Dr. Bom Park as a pediatric surgeon.  My sister recently informed me that she was your ex-girlfriend, and I didn’t know before she signed those papers.  I was…and I still am your friend.  I wanted to let you know as a friend.”

            I felt my blood boiling.  Bom was trying to get under my skin.  I bet she and Narsha planned all of this to break Yoona and I apart.  I grunted out of frustration as I tried to imagine Yoona and Bom in the same surgical wing.  That meant that Bom would work for Yoona.  I had already told Yoona that I was going to sign back with the hospital.  I wonder what she would think and say if she knew that Bom would be working in the same wing as her. 

            “I’m going to sign it,” I decided, “Bom is not going to change my mind.”

___________________

            I was lying in bed as I read an article about my return to the surgical world.  There were many excited surgeons, but there were also some who were disappointed to see me back so early.  I guess some didn’t want to deal with the competition.  The bathroom door was open, and I could see Yoona in her pajamas.  She was wearing a silk top and a pair of silk pajama shorts.  She was drying her hair with a blow dryer, and she was brushing her hair at the same time.

            “We need to be more open,” she finally said after she turned off her loud blow dryer.     

            She put the dryer down, and I put my magazine down.  She looked at me with a serious face as she exited the bathroom and put on a short robe.  She probably saw me looking at her legs, and she didn’t want me distracted.  She knew me too well.

            “What do you mean?” I finally gave her my full attention.

            She sat on the foot of the bed and put her feet up.  She was facing me, and she frowned at me with a look of disapproval over something.  Damn, she looked so beautiful.  Her face was bare, but she looked absolutely beautiful.

            “No one knows that we’re together again,” she sighed, “Our marriage didn’t work the first time and—”

            “Why didn’t it work?” I suddenly asked.

            She breathed out and covered her face with her hands.  She didn’t know that I had no knowledge as to why we had gotten divorced.

            “No, this is all my fault,” she gasped, “You don’t even know why we broke up!  I took advantage of this whole situation!  You didn’t even know what the hell you were getting into!  I’m some kind of evil person.”

            She was not evil.  She was an angel.  She took me in when I was still sick and injured, and she loved me unconditionally.

            “Just tell me why we divorced,” I requested.

            She sighed, “I was angry with you when I filed those papers.  You changed my medications behind my back.  You exchanged my meds with antibiotics so that my birth control would be less effective.  Long story short, we were on different pages.  I didn’t want any children, and you wanted to have children.”

            “Huh,” I managed to say.

            That was the only thing that I could say.  I didn’t know why I couldn’t remember all the bad memories I had with Yoona.  I couldn’t remember all the arguments that still haunted her at night.  I wish I could remember so I could tell her why I had signed those divorce papers and hid Violet for four years.  It was a horrible thing to do, and I wanted to know what fueled me to make that decision.  I asked my older sister why I did that, and she told me that I just hated her because she was a vile woman.  I knew she was lying, and I knew it was more than that. 

            “Things are different now,” she assured me, “I love Violet.  I love her so much.  I have only known her for a few months, but I don’t know how I survived in this world without her.  And I love you, too.  I love you both so much.  I wish I wanted kids years ago.  All of this could have been avoided.”

            I understood her.  She was still new to surgery years ago.  She wanted to put her career first, and I didn’t remember switching her medications with antibiotics.  I frowned as I tried to think of all the bad things that I had done.  I made mistakes, and she made some, too.

            “Let’s tell everyone that we’re back together,” I stated.

            “Wait, you…you still want to be with me?  You still love me after knowing why we broke up?” she asked in disbelief.

            Wow, she was unbelievable.

            I rolled my eyes, “Of course I love you, Yoona.  I married you at one point.  That should mean something, right?”

            “You also divorced me at one point,” Yoona pointed out.

            Smart .  I was about to laugh until a different sensation filled my body.

            At that moment, my head began to hurt.  It felt like a million pounds had just been set on my head, and my neck was going to snap in half.  She noticed my discomfort and tried to comfort me.  She was close to grabbing her phone to call an ambulance, but I stopped her by putting my hand over hers.

            “No,” I insisted, “Uh, my head—it’s hurting.”

            I closed my eyes and saw lights.  I saw lights everywhere, and my vision was blurred.  I remembered seeing Yoona and she was drinking a brightly colored drink.  I looked at the surroundings and realized that it was in Vegas. 

            That memory that had just appeared in my head was the night I had gotten married to Yoona.   

_____________________

                  “Let me have one more drink!” she begged.

                  , my head was already hurting like crazy.  My vision was getting distorted, and I tried my best to focus on the beauty in front of me.  Yoona looked ing amazing.  She was sitting on a booth beside me, and she had grabbed the collar of my shirt.  She brought her lips to mine, and I felt my whole body jolt with electricity.  I leaned in, and I felt her hands touch my body. 

                  Her hands were on my shoulders and went down to my sides.  I was trying to hold myself back, but I couldn’t help it.  I needed to touch her, damn it.  My hands acted as if they were magnetic to her body.  My hands began to explore her body, and she moaned as my hand squeezed her upper thigh. 

                  My tongue entered , and she kissed me even harder.  , she was so damned addicting.  I wanted to have more of her.  I wanted her more for myself.  I wanted her to be mine.

                  “Geez, did these two just get marr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter