Confirmed

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Are you okay?” Yuri asked.

            Yoona was spacing out as she looked at her cold soup in front of her.  Yoona had invited Yuri and Sooyoung to have lunch with her a few days ago so that she could convince them to go on a date with Daesung and Young Bae.  Jessica was there to make sure that Yoona could seal the deal.  They had that bet against Seunghyun and Jiyong, and Yoona knew that it was important to both Young Bae and Daesung, but she couldn’t focus. 

            Too much was on her mind, and she couldn’t really think straight.

            “Yeah,” Yoona forced a smile, “So what are you guys doing on Saturday night?”
            “We actually have our day off on Saturday.  It’s weird.  We usually have Monday off,” Sooyoung shrugged.

            Thanks to Jessica’s influence over Yunho, the chief of surgery, Yuri and Sooyoung had the same day off as Daesung and Young Bae.  Jessica used the little sister card on Yunho to get what she wanted, and she knew that he would do anything for Jessica and Krystal.

            “We were going to go to a concert, but we had to back out.  Do you want them?  They’re free,” Jessica sang.

            Sooyoung raised her eyebrow, “Who’s the performing artist?”

            “It’s a bunch of famous singers on the scene.  I think Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, and Bruno Mars are included in the lineup.  Are you two up for it?” Jessica asked.

            Yuri nodded, “I’ll go.  Come on, Sooyoung.  Let’s go!  It’ll be so much fun.”

            “Okay,” Jessica smiled, “By the way, Dr. Dong and Dr. Kang are coming.  Let them buy you two dinner if you want.”

            “Wait, it’s not a date!” Sooyoung gasped.

            “You accepted the tickets,” Jessica crossed her arms, “You cannot back out.”

            Yoona handed each of them a ticket to the concert, and Sooyoung looked at her.  Like always, Sooyoung analyzed her, and she had an idea of what Yoona was feeling.

            “Something is bothering you,” Sooyoung decided, “You’re hiding something.”

            “It’s nothing,” Yoona smiled.

            At the same time, Sooyoung and Yuri’s pagers went off, and they had to leave.  They threw away their trash, and told Yoona and Jessica that they were going back to work.  Jessica and Yoona were alone, and Jessica watched her friend pick at her food.

            “Okay, what’s wrong?” Jessica asked, “I had to seal that deal by myself.  My partner in crime was with me, but she did not help.”

            Yoona sighed deeply and looked down at her hands.  She could not believe everything that had just happened.

            “Jessica, do you promise not to tell anyone?” Yoona asked.

            Jessica quickly nodded in agreement as she leaned in to hear Yoona’s secret.  Yoona bit her lip and then realized that she had to tell someone.  Yoona whispered the secret in her ear, and Jessica’s eyes quickly widened.  Her lips turned into a circle shape as she pulled away from Yoona slowly and stared at her with shock.

            “How can you be pregnant?” Jessica asked in a quiet voice, “I thought you were on the pill?”

            “I am,” Yoona sighed, “I mean I was on the pill, but it failed.  I don’t know why it failed.”

            Jessica stared, “Is it even confirmed?  Did you try a pregnancy test here at the hospital?  Did you do an ultrasound to make sure?”

            Yoona put her head down and took a deep breath.  This was a big bump down her road to her goals and achievements.  She knew that she wouldn’t have time to make a name for herself and become a great mother.  She wanted to become a mother after she had accomplished all of her goals, but now, it looked like it was too far away.

            “I did an ultrasound,” Yoona informed her, “Dr. Ga-in Son did it, and she was surprised.  She probably thinks that I won’t be able to take her position as the head of pediatrics.  I bet she’s relieved.”

            “You’re wonder woman,” Jessica scoffed, “You can be a mother and the head of pediatrics at the same time.”

            Yoona puffed out a breath of air and look down on the floor.  She hated that she was pregnant.  She hated that she hated the fact that she was pregnant.  Most of all, she didn’t want to resent the child.

_________________________

            “What?” Jiyong asked in shock.

            “My wife is pregnant!” Seunghyun cheered with enthusiasm in his voice.

            Daesung and Young Bae watched Jiyong stare in amazement as Seunghyun remained with a goofy smile on his face.  Seunghyun looked extremely excited.  They were at a café that they always went to after work.  Seunghyun warmed his hands with the hot mug as he looked at his friends with a grin on his face.

            “I’m surprised that she’s pregnant,” Young Bae admitted, “I’m happy for you, of course, but I never figured her to be the type of woman to have wanted a child so early in her career.  She just won a Berit award.  I thought she would have held off a child for at least another five years.”

            Daesung nodded in agreement as Jiyong mentally noted that he agreed with Young Bae.  They all knew that Seunghyun had wanted a child for the past year.  He never said it when he was sober, but Jiyong recalled when he was the designated driver, he had to take the drunken Seunghyun back home.  Seunghyun then confessed that he wanted a child, but he was afraid of marrying because of the fear of having a woman use him for his money.

            “Well, Daesung and I have to check on our patient,” Young Bae sighed, “We’ll see you two tomorrow.”

            “Congratulations, Seunghyun ah,” Daesung said, “You will be a great father.”

            “Thank you, Daesung.  That means a lot,” Seunghyun grinned.

            Seunghyun waved at his two friends as he watched them leave the café.  The waitress brought over the pastries that Jiyong and Seunghyun had ordered earlier as they thanked her with a smile.  Seunghyun took a bite into his creampuff as Jiyong stared at him.

            “What did you do?” Jiyong asked.

            Seunghyun sighed, “What are you talking about?”

            Jiyong saw Yoona earlier at the hospital, and he remembered noticing her out of place.  She looked lost, and he knew it was due to her pregnancy.  Seunghyun was just blinded from the happiness of expecting a child to notice that his wife was not happy about it.

            “You did something to get her pregnant,” Jiyong said.

            “Yes, it’s called having with her,” Seunghyun replied with sarcasm.

            Jiyong narrowed his eyes, “I know that, stupid.  I also know that Yoona is very careful.  She looks like the type who has been careful with her life since she was a very young girl.  A woman like her does not get pregnant on accident.  She plans everything, and she’s not stupid enough to have an unplanned pregnancy.  You did something to get her pregnant without her knowing.”

            Seunghyun sighed as he stared at his friend.  Jiyong knew him too well, and it was a curse at the moment. 

            “Okay,” Seunghyun breathed, “Joomin sshi brought it to my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter