Black

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona’s POV

            I turned off the television as I kept a frown on my face.  Jessica decided to visit Violet, Tiffany, and me in our hotel suite.  Seunghyun had offered the house back to me, but I insisted on staying in the hotel.  I didn’t want to return to a place where I was reminded of the family that had just been broken. 

            Jessica looked at me with a happy look on her face.  Jessica always had this twisted logic, and she always put career and Jiyong above anyone else.  If I had to guess, I’d bet that Jessica loved her career and Jiyong equally.  That was a lot to say because I always guessed that her career was above anything—herself included.

            “You’re so lucky!” Jessica sighed, “I wish a woman confessed to me that her husband was not only beating her but also hiding a woman in the basement of their own house!  Your name is all over the media, Yoona!  You’re known as the woman who got her to speak!  You get all the good patients.”

            I knew what this meant for my career, but the thought of taking advantage of the situation was a bit sickening.  This woman had gone through so many things, and I just wanted to keep out of the limelight so that the issue of the abuse would be more spotlighted.

            “So how are you and your baby daddy?” Jessica questioned.

            I glared at her after glancing over at Tiffany and Violet.  They were in the other room watching television together, and luckily, they didn’t hear any of it.

            Everything was so hectic.  Seunghyun and I took turns with Violet, and I hated it.  I wanted to be able to see my daughter every single day, but I didn’t want to see Seunghyun.  He was probably spending his time with Bom, and that angered me.  I didn’t want to imagine him kissing her the way he kissed me.  I didn’t want to picture Bom touching the nape of his neck while he kissed her.  I didn’t want to think about any of those things, but I did. 

            I admitted, “Things are complicated.”

            “He loves you like crazy, and I know that you love him, too!” Jessica exclaimed, “Just get back together.”

            I wanted to be with him again, but it was very complicated.  He wasn’t telling me anything.  He kept these secrets that were eating me alive, and most of all, he made it clear that he still cared about Bom.  I knew it was selfish of me to tell him to stop caring for her, but I took it that she was more important than me.

____________________________

Seunghyun’s POV

            “Come on, you need to clean up your homework,” I reminded Violet.

            It was my turn to have her for the night, and I felt guilty for what I had done to her.  My daughter had the perfect family.  She had a mother and father, and I took that away from her.  Yoona and I were always there for her, but we weren’t there for her as a couple.  I knew she wanted us to get back together, but life was just complicated right now.

            She started to clean up her scattered homework that I had helped her with a few hours ago.  She frowned as she zipped up her backpack and then sighed to herself.  I swear she was acting just like her mother.  It didn’t help that she looked just like her mother.

            “Can you please be with mommy again?” she asked quietly.

            I stood there dumfounded to see that look on her face.  I wanted to give my daughter the world, and I knew that I was failing.  All she wanted was to see her parents together, and even I couldn’t do that.  It was obvious that Yoona and I loved each other, but the complications were getting to us.

            “I want to be with her,” I confessed to my daughter, “I’ll work on it, okay?  I’m never going to stop trying to convince your mother.”

            She gave me a weak smile as she yawned to herself.  Violet looked exhausted, so I signaled for her to get to bed.  She marched slowly to her bed as I smiled to myself.  I had stayed in a hotel for the past few weeks because like Yoona, I didn’t want to stay in the home that was filled with memories of us being together.

            “Good night, daddy,” she yawned.

            “Sweet dreams, sweetheart,” I weakly smiled.

______________

Yoona’s POV 

            “Dr. Im, you have someone who wants to talk to you,” Krystal told me.

            “Who?” I asked.

            I was scrubbing my hands because I had just finished removing a bullet for a teenager.  Luckily, the patient was saved, and there was minimal damage.  I scrubbed a sponge onto my hands as a nurse removed my surgical mask.  After wiping my hands, I looked at Krystal, who was holding a clipboard.  She was supposed to be checking on my post op patients.

            “Your worst nightmare,” Krystal giggled.

            I glared at Krystal as she put her hands up in defeat.  Krystal was a free spirit.  She never really cared about what others said about her, and she always did her best.  People always said that she looked like me but acted like Jessica.  I would always tease Minho about my resemblance with Krystal, and he always ignored me.  Krystal and Minho finally admitted that they were dating, and it killed Minho when someone told him that his girlfriend looked like his sister.

            “Don’t tell me it’s her,” I sighed.

            Krystal nodded, “Yes, unnie.  It’s her.  Do you want me to send her out?”

            Bom had tried to talk to me three times already, and I had shunned her all three times.  At the back of my head, I knew that she wasn’t going to stop, and I needed to speak to her one day. 

            “No,” I shook my head, “Just send her to my office.  I know I have to face her some day.  It’s inevitable.”
            “Okay, whatever you say, boss,” Krystal replied.

~~~~~

            I stepped into my office, which I never really go to.  I was always in an operation room, patient room, or in the on call room trying to fit in a nap.  When I walked in, she immediately stood up and nervously smiled at me. 

            She was wearing a pantsuit, and her hair was back in a low ponytail.  She looked very formal, which was weird.  I was wearing my hair in a messy bun, and I was wearing a pair of scrubs that I probably should have changed for new ones before I got to my office. 

            “Bom,” I managed to choke out.

            “Hi, Yoona,” she smiled at me, “It’s nice to see you.”

            I wish I could say the same thing, but the truth was that I didn’t want to see her.  She was the last person I wanted to see.  I sat down on my office chair and looked at the picture frame facing me.  It was a picture of Seunghyun with Violet on his back.  I remember taking that picture when we visited Violet at her school.

            The look on my daughter’s face that day was absolutely wonderful.  She was so happy, and I loved seeing her with such bliss.  I would do anything for her, but I couldn’t even keep my relationship with her father going for her own sake.

            “Well, I took over your patient, Amanda Wyatt,” I told Bom.

            Bom had a cancer patient named Amanda when she still worked at the hospital, and we all thought that Amanda was going to die.  Bom discovered that she had tumors all over her cardiothoracic area.  We had to remove her tumors over and over, but the tumors would always reappear.

            “How is she doing?” Bom asked.

            I answered, “She’s doing great now.  I found the problem tumor, and we’re scheduled to remove it in a week or so.  We figure that if we take this particular tumor out, the others will either become benign or disappear all together.”

            “That’s great to hear,” she responded, “Amanda deserves a chance at a better life.”

            Then there was a moment of silence.  I did not know what to say to her, and I think she wanted to talk about the awkward part of the conversation.  She took a deep sigh and crossed her legs while her eyes darted around the room nervously.

            “I think you know why I came here,” she began, “I just wanted to assure you that Seunghyun doesn’t love me.  I know this for a fact because he’s madly in love with you.”

            I fidgeted in my seat as I thought about the situation.  I knew that Seunghyun was hiding something from me.  When I asked him if it involved Bom, he remained silent.  That was when I figured that they were having a relationship behind my back.

            “ doesn’t need love in order for it to happen,” I told her, “You can have with no love—same way we can love God with all of our heart but sin every single day.”

            She must have been shocked to hear those words from me mouth.  Her jaw had dropped as she stared at me in absolute shock.  My allegation had caught her off guard.

            “Is that what you think?” she asked, “You think that Seunghyun and I had ?”

            I was ready to argue with her.  It was the perfect time and place to give her a piece of my mind.

            My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a loud, short noise.  Bom and I both screamed in surprise as our bodies tensed up.  After a second, I realized that it was a gunshot.  Why the hell was there a gunshot in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter