What Happens in Vegas...

My Husband's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona’s POV

                  We arrived in Las Vegas safely.  Because we went by plane, it was a pretty short trip.  I stretched my arms out as we entered the hospital.  Because I was closer to Jessica, we were both inseparable in the plane.  In fact, I kept her by my side at all times because I refused to be alone.  If I were alone, Seunghyun would try speaking to me again.  I don’t know why he was like that.  He was always trying to talk to me, and I didn’t know what to tell him about the flowers.  I had not received flowers from another man in so long; people tell me it’s because I make myself so unapproachable and that a successful woman like me always intimidated others.  I just thought it was because I wasn’t that appealing to others.

                  “He has been staring at you since we got on that plane,” Jessica whispered to me, “He’s totally into you.”

                  I hushed her, “He’s not, okay?”

                  We finally reached the patients’ room.  As we entered, we saw the situation before us.  Youngmin and Kwangmin were conjoined twins that absolutely hated each other.

                  “I told you to just relax,” Youngmin sighed.

                  Kwangmin worried, “How can I relax?  A group of surgeons are going to separate us! What if we die?”

                  I stepped in and made sure that they understood that we were the best surgeons they could have.  I sat next to them, which seemed to relax the both of them.  They stared at me in the eye as if they had just looked into the eyes of their true love.  I nervously smiled at them.

                  “My name is Dr. Im.  I’m a pediatric surgeon and I’m going to make sure that everything goes by smoothly,” I assured them.

                  Kwangmin shyly grinned, “You’re very pretty.”

                  “Ah, thank you,” I nodded as I stood up.

                  Seunghyun moved next to me and pulled me closer to him by my waist.  That action took me completely by surprise.  My face began to feel hot as I refused to make eye contact with anyone.

                  “Sorry guys,” Seunghyun teasingly apologized, “She’s going to be taken soon.”

                  What the hell was he saying?  We were in a professional setting, and he should not be flirting with me in front of our patients!  I sighed as I saw the twins eat it up as if my life was a movie and Seunghyun was the prince that was supposed to rescue me.

                  “Are you two married?” Youngmin asked, “I’m so jealous.  I wish that I can find a pretty lady once I get separated from my brother.”

                  Kwangmin noted, “I think they are together in some way.  She’s blushing.  She’s clearly in love with him or something.”

                  I quickly turned around to see Minho and Jessica in shock.  I knew that they were suspecting something and they probably thought I was dating him and I was keeping it from them.  It was completely false.  I also glanced at Victoria, Daesung, Kris, Seungri, and Sehun whispering to each other.

                  I nudged Seunghyun’s side as I grinned at the twin boys.

                  “Trust me,” I said as Seunghyun winced in pain, “We are not together.”

~~~~~~~

                  I looked at the scans to see that because the twins had a total of three lungs, one of them had to have been born with one.  I needed to determine who was born with two so that Dr. Choi could make sure that the right twin had two lungs.  I felt bad for Kwangmin, who was the one with one lung.  After performing a few tests on them, I had discovered that Youngmin was going to be the one to live a normal life.  Kwangmin was going to have trouble keeping up with his body with only one lung.

                  “Dr. Kang has already performed the cut,” Seunghyun announced.

                  Seunghyun began to do some kind of surgery on Youngmin’s second lung, but I wasn’t really paying attention.  The only thing I was focused on was that both twins had stable heart rates and blood pressures.

                  I heard Seunghyun speaking to Victoria and Minho.  Minho wasn’t sure of what he wanted to specialize in.  He was still an intern, so I didn’t really worry too much.  It just bothered me that he would want to be a pediatric surgeon one day, a general surgeon the next day, and then a cardiothoracic surgeon the day after that.  Victoria was mostly under Seunghyun’s service because she had decided to specialize in cardiothoracic surgery once she became a fellow.

                  Suddenly, I heard a machine beeping wildly.  I looked over at Kwangmin’s machines and saw that his blood pressure was dropping; his heart was gushing out blood.  Seunghyun and the others seemed startled to hear the loud beeping. 

                  “BP is dropping,” I yelled, “Find the bleeder and fix it!”

                  “I know,” Seunghyun breathed.

                  I worried, “Systolic is going down to 80!”

                  That was when I realized the problem.  Seunghyun couldn’t fix Kwangmin because he was busy with Youngmin.  If he stopped operating on Youngmin, there would be a big chance that he would lose Youngmin’s second lung.  Seunghyun tried to fix it as quickly as he could, but we both knew that he wasn’t going to finish quick enough.

                  He looked over at Daesung and his group.  Daesung, Jessica, and Kris had just finished washing their hands and he knew that they wouldn’t be able to help.

                  “Dr. Song,” he said calmly.

                  I didn’t know how he was able to be so serene when something as hectic as losing a patient was in his hands.  Victoria’s head shot up as her hands began to shake with concern and tension.

                  “Why is Youngmin’s heart bleeding?  Didn’t you say that his heart was healthy?” he asked.

                  Victoria had performed all the pre-op tests along with Jessica.  Jessica did the tests on the lungs while Victoria took the tests for the heart, kidneys, and liver.

                  “There were no previous records of any heart conditions so I didn’t order those tests,” Victoria admitted.

                  Seunghyun seemed irritated, but he got over it soon enough.  All he did was focus on how to get Youngmin’s heart from losing even more blood.

                  “I need you to find the bleeder and stop it,” Seunghyun said.

                  Victoria’s hands went limp as she stared at Seunghyun.  No words came out of .  It was like she was just a frozen block of ice. 

                  “Dr. Song!” Seunghyun finally raised his voice, “Find the bleeder!  You said you were going to go into cardio once you became a fellow!  Find the bleeder and fix it!  Dr. Minho Im can’t do it.  He’s still an intern!  You have more experience, so do it!”

                  I saw the boy’s heart rate dropping as his blood pressure plummeted.  I bit my lip behind my surgical mask as my anxiety levels rose up.

                  “The boy is going to die!” I shouted.

                  I waited for Victoria to spring up into action and take responsibility as her job as a surgeon, but she didn’t.  She just stood there dumbfounded over the situation.  I finally had enough as I signaled for Seungri to take my position in overlooking the patients’ stats.  I jogged over to where Victoria was and pushed her to the side. 

                  “Someone get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter