The Reunion

Catch Me If You Can

 

“Mmmm..”

 

A certain midget just let out a husky moan after a specific someone has actually nibbled her red-hot earlobe. Gah, she is definitely getting wet right now.

 

How did they end up making out in her bed is something that is as blur as the fog outside the cop’s apartment windows but Taeyeon knew she would not want to undo things if she will be given the chance.

 

Why would she when she wanted this so badly?

 

“J-jes-jessica?” Taeyeon let out a whisper in between her wet gasps.

 

“Hmm?” replied the blonde who is now busying herself on the girl’s milky white neck.

 

“A-are you s-sure about t-this?” the cop stuttered, biting her lower lip as the taller girl hovering above her on her pulse point.

 

“Aren’t you?” the ice-princess mumbled, still the elder’s bare skin.

 

“W-well…” Taeyeon paused.

 

She doesn’t want to talk about that right now—not when she is seconds away from euphoria that Jessica is about to give her just by her mere light kisses. But she wanted to make sure that the girl is here to stay, not to leave her again in a hopeless state. After all, she liked the girl’s company—besides .

 

“…y-you didn’t show up on our date.”

 

That made the Jung stop on her kisses, her head still snuggled in the crook of Taeyeon’s neck.

 

Although it feared Taeyeon that the idea of the unpursued date would halt their hot make out session and would make Jessica dash out of her apartment once and for all, the cop was more than determined to tell the blonde that she was hurt.

 

“I-I waited for you, you know..” the dejected cop mumbled.

 

The confession made the Jung’s heart to skip a beat, causing her to pull away from the girl’s neck to look at her face.

 

And she regretted the moment she landed her eyes on Taeyeon’s vulnerable expression.

 

The Kim’s mouth was slightly protruded into a pout and her eyes were glimmering in sadness. Jessica noted the cute fat cheeks the cop had and this made her want to hug the kid at the very moment. But she maintained her cool.

 

Pursing her lips, Taeyeon murmured, “Why didn’t you come?”

 

There, she said it. She had spoken her heart out after keeping this question to herself from the moment Jessica came in the café this morning.

 

 

The entrance of the tea shop opened, revealing a slender figure whose eyes were as cold as the ice in the North and South Poles.

 

Taeyeon’s blushing state came into a halt as she saw a familiar character on the main door, eyes already boring holes through her.

 

She didn’t get why she gulped, but she felt like she needed an extra drop of liquid in the moment she realized that the cold-glaring person is actually walking towards her now.

 

The cop should be the one to be looking all so lion-fierce and mad since she was the one dumped by this blonde, but why is she feeling intimidated and at fault now?

 

With the way the girl was actually glaring at her, Taeyeon wondered if she ever did something wrong.

 

“J-j-j-je-sic-sic-jessica?” stuttered the short, seated girl. She is starting to wonder if she was right in picking up her profession with the way she behaves right now.

 

Standing right infront of her is the blonde girl who made her wait for nothing yesterday evening. She must be infuriating, knowing the person only showed up now. But why does she feel… rather glad?

 

The short girl remained still in her cold stare, looking down at the still stunned cop below her. Somewhere in Jessica’s peripheral view, she saw the annoying cashier Sunny going out of the counter.

 

Without any words, the blonde abruptly grabbed the Kim away from her seat and scrambled their way towards the door—their hands fittingly intertwined with each other.

 

Taeyeon briefly stared at their tangled fingers and felt her cheeks getting heated. How many times should she blush for subtle things like this?

 

“Taeyeon-ah!” the cop heard Sunny calling for her but was about to turn around when she felt Jessica’s grip in her hand to go tighter.

 

Crap. Yuri’s Ma juice.

 

But Jessica is dragging her. And she is afraid that if she entangles their hand, the girl would be mad.

 

Taeyeon felt like it was not a good idea to piss her off.

 

Jessica or Ma juice?

 

Jessica or Ma juice?

 

Aish! Screw it! She can get back to the stupid drink later and just follow the blonde now.

 

That’s why here she is, already out of the café and is heading towards her car.

 

Jessica abruptly opened the door on the driver’s seat and shoved the midget inside. She herself went to the other side of the car and slid herself in, on the passenger’s seat.

 

“Drive. Your apartment. Now.”

 

There was a five-second dumbfounded stare at the commanding blonde before Taeyeon began fumbling for her keys and start the engine.

 

“Y-yes Ma’am..”

 

 

 

Taeyeon looked up and now, she was the one boring holes through the icy eyes of the blonde. Jessica’s cold façade was about to falter but thankfully, she managed not to and swivel the topic off the lane.

 

“I am here now. Isn’t that what matters?” she inquired straightforwardly. It is only a matter of time before she gets the game back on track.

 

“W-well..” the cop struggled to answer.

 

This is actually embarrassing, considering that Taeyeon is used in squeezing the logic out of the criminals’ defiance of their obvious wrong doing. Jessica sure has this effect on her that made her speechless.

 

The hovering girl then pulled back and sighed, feigning disappointment and tiredness in her tone. She had used this trick in her previous flame mates and it sure worked on them. Now she has to know if this short cop will fall for this.

 

“So what do you want me to do?” Jessica asked disappointingly. She ran her fingers through her hair and stared at the cop underneath her.

 

“W-what?” Taeyeon cannot just stop stuttering, can she?

 

“Do you want me to stop and leave then?”

 

And Jessica knew that she won when she saw the frantic in Taeyeon’s face.

 

“N-no! O-of course not! I-I was just—“

 

“Good. Because that’s all that matters to me.”

 

Taeyeon stared back at the blonde above her and the way Jessica stared at her was enough to calm the anxiety she is feeling. Although the girl’s eyes displays frozen stuff, something about her look makes the insides of the cop to melt and flutter.

 

“Shall we continue?”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“What the—“

 

Yuri was about to hit the rude and brash person who suddenly shoved her into this narrow alley but stopped herself when she met a familiar pair of doe-eyes she sure had seen before.

 

She is in her quiet saunter along the corridors of the hospital where she was supposed to see her cousin Seohyun when this happened.

 

Her body was pressed against the owner of that innocent-looking gaze and her arms are strongly clasped by the person, tucked between their torsos.

 

She wanted to retaliate and use the judo skills she learned in her trainings. But when she realized that a hand is covering , which Yuri thought was incredibly soft, she decided to play the game the creature was playing.

 

After all, she was trained to be calm in times of sudden events like this. This is her forte.

 

“Ssshhhh…” hissed the person, putting an index finger in front of its own mouth.

 

With their current position (which is too intimate by the way), Yuri cannot tell if the individual was a he or a she. The only thing that the cop was certain is that the person has this big doe-eyes she seemed to be familiar with.

 

The person then slightly turned her head to her left, somewhat side-glaring unto something, and this made Yuri’s eyes to avert its gaze towards the person’s line of sight.

 

As if on cue, a man donned in a black leather jacket with a black cap covering its top suddenly appeared. He was about to pass the small alley where Yuri and the unnamed person was hiding when he halted in his steps.

 

Vigilance and caution overshadowed the two veiled figures that their next movements became like a prearranged action to hide themselves further—the cop tilting its head to the other side and the doe-eyed person’s face lingering between the latter’s neck and earlobe.

 

Talking about intimate position, yeah?

 

Yoona tried to muffle her breathing under the pressure that she is currently in. But the Kwon’s strawberry scent just made her feel so breathless that instead of holding her air, a warm, sensual breath came out from her.

 

. She thought.

 

But if you assumed that breathing was only a difficult thing for the doe-eyed girl, think again.

 

The owner of the neck being breathed upon almost let out a stifled whimper after a hot heap of air swept her shank. The hair behind her neck stood on the straightest possible way it could and it sent her chills throughout her body.

 

Had it not been for their goal in keeping away from the man and let him go his way without seeing them, Yuri could have quivered under the doe-eyed person’s hold and blow up their cover.

 

Thank goodness she was able to hold herself and bit her lower lip instead.

 

Supposing that he was only imagining things and he really lost the person he was ordered to follow behind, the black-suited man then began setting off his feet once again and continued on his way.

 

Walk.

 

Walk.

 

Walk.

 

Walk.

 

Walk.

 

After like forever, Yuri and Yoona finally heard nothing of the footsteps coming from the man. The both of them gently pulled away from their hold and in as much as they did not want to feel it, both of them surprisingly missed the warmth that each other’s body induced.

 

“Who was tha—“ Yuri was not able to finish her sentence once again when her eyes finally landed on the face of the person right infront of her.

 

Mouth ajar, eyes widen, the cop stuttered, “C-c-clumsy?!”

 

What the hell?! Yuri’s neurons screamed.

 

The Kwon was certain that she was supposed to meet her cousin, Seohyun, here in the hospital, and not this scrawny, doe-eyed blo—

 

Hold on.

 

She’s… blonde????

 

A freaking blonde???

 

But the tanned cop was certain that the juvenile opposite of her was a brunette the last time she saw her!

 

Hearing her the private nickname she got from the cop, Yoona’s lips broke into her dazzling smile.

 

“Hi.”

 

Albeit the feeling of blushing at the sight of the girl’s stunning beam, Yuri composed herself and scoffed instead (which was actually an attempt to hide her pinkish cheeks).

 

“Hi your face!”

 

With that, Yuri zoomed out of the alley and started walking (more like stomping) away from the doe-eyed girl.

 

Finding the gesture cute, Yoona grinned even more and walked out from the alley as well. The cop was not yet that far when she called her.

 

“Hey! Aren’t you gonna thank me?”

 

Yuri paused and breathed rather harshly before turning her body, “Thank you??? For what? For your no-show in the meeting you yourself asked for?? Ha! No, thanks.”

 

The cop then turned herself and was about to walk away again when the doe-eyed girl’s remark stopped her.

 

“So you went?”

 

.

.

.

.

 

Yuri was speechless for a moment.

 

Did she really just blurted out her pent up emotions about the girl not showing up on their date?

 

Right on the girl’s face??

 

Gaah! Right move there, Yuri.

 

Now the juvenile concludes that she went to see her (well, which is true). But the girl should have never known that Yuri came and waited for hours under the chilling weather.

 

Never.

 

But Yuri did not need to say it out loud though. Yoona perfectly knew that she came and patiently waited for her in their rendezvous. She was just too stupid not to show herself up to the awaiting cop.

 

Twitching with her eyes closed in frustration for her ‘clumsy’ act, Yuri did not dare to turn herself again.

 

“I did not.”

 

With that, the tanned lady paced as fast as she can away from the doe-eyed girl. She walked and walked until she had really distanced herself from the juvenile who never gave her peace.

 

It was until the idea of the suspicious man who passed by them that made her stop in her steps. She was too embarrassed and self-conscious that she forgot to ask the doe-eyed girl about him.

 

As a cop, Yuri knew that although she is doing a really a good job in protecting the city against any harm, it does not mean that she herself is not susceptible to it.

 

Heck, she receives death threats most of the time.

 

So she deemed that the man in the corridor was just one of those who are sent to spy on her. Or worse, to dispatch her.

 

In any case, she is not scared. She is a cop after all. She knew she can protect herself.

 

But what makes Yuri curious was the fact that the doe-eyed girl knew that the man was a threat. That he was someone perilous or something.

 

The fact that she hid her into an alley, telling her to shush, made the cop scrunch her face into confusion.

 

“How did she?” Yuri muttered to herself rather skeptical.

 

She then directed her gaze towards the hallway where she walked passed, where she left the girl behind.

 

Somehow, she feels something is… odd.

 

 

 

***

 

 

With her ankle sticking out, Yoona easily tripped the man. But before he could land his face right into the floor, she immediately grabbed him by the collar from his back and rammed his face against the wall. The girl made sure to pungently twist his arms on his rear just so he cannot escape.

 

She heard the man whimper in pain and took it as her signal.

 

“Why are you here?” Yoona hissed, asking the man whilst she uses her might to steady him against the wall.

 

Yoona knew why he was here but she just decided to ask.

 

She heard the man laugh at her with such mock, “Don’t be so full of yourself, Im. Not everyone that the boss sends around are for you.”

 

She also knew that he was not sent to spy on her.

 

The doe-eyed killer saw him lingering along the corridors of the hospital when she went out of Hanna’s room for a moment. At first she thought that the man was directed to snoop on her or her sister. His client perfectly knew her background, especially her ailing sister.

 

But when she saw who the man was following, she instantly understood who her client was looking for.

 

And she definitely did not like the idea of it.

 

“Then who?” but Yoona played dumb. She cannot afford to tip-off that she knows their target.

 

“A cop.. Kwon Yuri.”

 

She knew it.

 

Letting go of her strong grasp, Yoona’s mind started to wander off somewhere—rather, to someone.

 

“A cop?” she played innocent once again, “Why? He wants to go to jail now?”

 

The man scoffed, checking on his wrists gripped by Him Yoong as he turned to see her face to face.

 

“Not in your lifetime, Im..” the man retorted. Yoona could only glare.

 

“This cop is a hard-headed one. She is now trying to open the cases that you made for the past years and boss wants to monitor if she is capable. This one is a heck of a principled …”

 

Yoona flinched at the word but spoke nothing.

 

“…the Regional Chief offered her a million bucks so as she’d stop digging things but she fearlessly declined it. And you know boss, he doesn’t like people saying no to him.”

 

The Im’s façade showed blankness and as if she did not care about any single thing of what the man had just uttered. But inside her, she is becoming uneasy as to what Yuri had gotten herself into.

 

A very dangerous one.

 

“Then let me take care of it.”

 

This said, the man looked at him with his amused eyes.

 

“What?”

 

“Let me take this one as my assignment. After all, she is looking for me right?”

 

“Are you ing crazy??”

 

“I’m serious.” Yes, Yoona is dead serious.

 

“There’s no way tha—“

 

“Go and tell Kim that I’ll be the one to handle her.” Yoona was firmer and her statement doesn’t need approval from the man or anyone else.

 

“Besides, getting your enemies closer still works today.”

 

For once in the last two months of her contract with KYM, she wanted an assignment so badly. She never expected she will actually swallow her own words and jump into the burning flames of hell once again.

 

And Yoona definitely knew why.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry for the slow updates lately, my dear readers. Keep up with me please. Thanks for reading though. Wow, 200+ subscribers! Now I'm getting pressured :) Kekeke. Love you! YoonYul, TaengSic and SNSD fighting! ^^