Step Closer

Catch Me If You Can

 

A/N: I’ve only been away for weeks and there are a lot of things I missed?!

 

Belated Happy birthday Soonkyu unnie!!

Hackers hacking Taeyeon and Yuri’s IG (Curse you!!)

Yuri in Boracay?! (Say what??! I was a boat away from her~)

And of course, JeTi solo. (Support them both guys)

 

And to top these overwhelming news that came rushing on my feeds, Jessica just had to give out an interview and open up about her departure from the group, her opinion on Tiffany’s solo and if she’s been keeping up with the girls (which the ice-princess responding that yes, she’s been in a constant contact with some of them.. but not all)

 

MY OT9 FEELSSS!!!

 

I won’t be forever09GG for nothing! :D

 

Omo! So much blabber from me. But I know you guys won’t read this anyway so let me be. Kekeke.

 

Oh and before you read, you would want to take a deep breath. This one’s going to be a little bit angsty… Or so I thought… Kekeke… Enjoy!

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

Han Jaejoon, 30 years old, Friday, 2000 hours, La Villa Club, Seongdam-Dong District; hacked KYM’s data base last XX-XX-XXXX at 2345 hours

 

 

“I bet a hundred thousand won that it’s a scam”

 

Sooyoung, the one driving, gave Yuri a quick glance before heading straight back to the road infront of her.

 

But Yuri was sure, “It’s not a scam..”

 

“How did you know it’s not??”

 

“How did you know it is??”

 

“Aish..”

 

The red light goes up and they missed the chance to run through the 3-second yellow light, making their automobile halt and wait for the light to go green again.

 

“Could we just drop that paper’s mysterious information and move on with our investigation?? That my friend might be just some kind of prank or something to redirect our attention away from what we’re actually supposed to do..”

 

“That may be correct. But I’m willing to take chances, Syoung..” Yuri responded, eyeing the paper in hand with such willpower, “Even if this is a prank being pulled off by some ill-minded psychopath, I’d take it.. For all it’s worth, this may be the key to the cases we’re trying to puzzle out..”

 

She heard the Choi throw a sigh.

 

The clutch snapped and their ride continued with mummed lips.

 

A resolved Kwon Yuri staring at the road calmly. A contemplating Choi Sooyoung on the other side of the seat.

 

Soon enough their car parked adjacent a humongous infrastructure and the engine was turned off. They arrived at their destination and Yuri was just about to unclasp her seatbelt when Sooyoung stopped her.

 

“Seriously, Yuri..” the Choi began.

 

“I’ve always believed in your decisions from the moment I get to know you. And I know you’ve always been rational about things. But this, this thing we’re about to deal with, I don’t think it’s a good idea. This might be a trap Kwon.. A way to get rid of someone who’s been digging up with something very dangerous.. A way to get rid of you once and for all..”

 

Sooyoung sounded so concerned that for a second, Yuri thought she wasn’t conversing with the always conceited-talking Choi.

 

“You think I didn’t think of that? That this might be some kind of plot to kill me??”

 

“Then why are you so obsessed with it if you know how this can be a perfectly planned deception slash assassination of you in the first place????”

 

The Choi was on-point.

 

But so was Yuri’s next words.

 

“Because for all we know Sooyoung, this could also be a trap for Kim Young Min’s hired killer himself..”

 

“W-what?? What do you mean??”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Han Jaejoon, 30 years old, Friday, 2000 hours, La Villa Club, Seongdam-Dong District; hacked KYM’s data base last XX-XX-XXXX at 2345 hours

 

 

Yoona’s been eyeing the piece of printed file sent to her by Kim Young Min days ago.

 

To say that she was not expecting this would be a lie. She knows the types of the ruthless businessman—the one who’ll take advantage and consume even the very last drop of being of those under his grasp just to get what he wants.

 

A living Lucifer.

 

And for the weeks left of her as Kim Young Min’s hired killer, Yoona knows she will be expended to serve his directives, albeit her defiance.

 

Because that’s how powerful that ing man is.

 

A loud thud then came cutting in on her meditation.

 

Yoona could only exhale noisily.

 

She jerked her head towards her bed and saw a sleeping bear under her covers.

 

Good thing Seulgi was a heavy sleeper—she didn’t even bulge at the shrill sound of something heavy being pounced on the other side of the room.

 

A thing of a proof that she was indeed Jessica’s darn cousin.

 

Getting on her feet and setting aside the piece of paper in her hand, Yoona walked towards her bed. She reached for the blanket sprawled messily around the younger’s body and pulled it up to Seulgi’s shoulder level, enough to bring warmth to the girl’s body.

 

The image of Hanna came flashing and Yoona could only throw a cheerless stare at the sleeping bear.

 

If only the incident of days ago didn’t unfold, her younger sister could have been the one sleeping under her covers now and let her feel Yoona’s love throughout the remaining days of her life.

 

If only it didn’t happen.

 

 

“Is this true unnie?” Hanna’s inquiry sounded again, this time a little bit louder than the last one that her frail voice could afford.

 

The pictures resting on the edge of her bed was where Yoona’s eyes could be seen stuck—and not on those usually cheerful but now angry eyes of her younger sister.

 

“Yoona unniee..”

 

Hanna’s voice cracked. And that is all that it takes to make Yoona look up and see eye-to-eye with her sister.

 

The sight made her want to die at the very moment.

 

“Did you really kill all those innocent people just to earn enough money and try to save me??”

 

Hanna was a crying mess. Her weak body was trembling and her hollow eyes screamed nothing but pain.

 

And Yoona herself did this to her.

 

To the one she promised she would make happy for the rest of her remaining days.

 

“Did you really jeopardize their futures with their families and children just to ensure that you could keep me alive a little bit longer than I was supposed to??”

 

She was such a ed up bastard who cannot keep her promises.

 

A ty little creature whose existence doesn’t even matter in the world full of hopes and dreams.

 

“Did you really spend all those five years taking away these people’s lives just to make sure that I could keep mine???”

 

Because Im Yoona knows she can never create a happy, little home with her beloved ones where everything is nothing but glee and peace.

 

Solely for the reason that she wasn’t innocent in the very first place.

 

“Did you really do all of these, Yoona unnie??”

 

Before she knew it, tears were falling from her eyes too.

 

Yoona cannot seem to remember when she started sobbing like a kid and covered her face with both of her palms—like she’s ashamed of herself for being what her sister thinks she is.

 

Which she actually is.

 

A killer.

 

A murderer.

 

A grim reaper.

 

“I-I’m sorry Hanna-yah..U-unnie just wants to be with you…I ca-cannot afford to lose you..“

 

“Was it enough reason for you to kill??!! To ruin lives unnie?! Just to save me?!”

 

Yoona could only sob harder more than she’s ever cried in her whole life. “You’re more than worthy to live than those I’ve put down, Hanna..”

 

She heard a scoff and the next words from her sister were never imagined by the messed up doe-eyed girl to hear from the younger one.

 

“Everyone deserves to live unnie… And when you started killing those people trying to spare me from this illness, you’ve actually doubled my agony, for here I am, paying the lives you’ve mercilessly taken away...”

 

Hanna looked into her older sister’s beautiful doe-eyes that once been her strand of motivation to live for a very long time.

 

“I’m dying and the cries of your victims will always haunt me till the day of my death… They will be in my conscience even though I wasn’t the one who killed them, knowing that I was the reason why you did..”

 

But now it’s different.

 

All she could feel is abhorrence and disgust that she was afforded of more years to breathe from the souls her sister have seized for her.

 

It was sickening just to think of it.

 

That she was living because of other people’s blood.

 

“I don’t want to see your face anymore, unnie—“

 

“No Hanna—“

 

“JUST GO!!”

 

Before the Im could even get herself near the bed, she abruptly stopped on her tracks, wide-eyed and tears uncontrollable.

 

She just got her first heartbreak.

 

“It makes me feel sicker than I already am, disgusted even, just being with you here in the same room.. If you cherish what is left between our spoiled bond, just go and don’t come to see me anymore.. I hate you unnie.. And I don’t know if I can ever forgive you for what you’ve done..”

 

 

 

Another thud clanged and this time, it was coupled with a boisterous moan Yoona knows whose of.

 

After taking a last glance to the dozed off Seulgi under her and ruffling the younger’s hair, Yoona sauntered towards the direction of the room—not failing to close the door when she stepped out from her own.

 

“Aaaaahhhh.. Honey please..don’t stop…aaaahhhhh!!”

 

Yoona blinked before turning the knob of the door adjacent to hers—ready for the worse.

 

There.

 

The room was a mess, scattered clothes all over and her bedside table in a disarray, with the lamp nowhere to be found.

 

Jessica was at it again.

 

A woman was on the floor, on her stomach, and Jessica was behind her, on top of her to be exact, doing Yoona wouldn’t want to describe as ing.

 

It was more painful than she thinks it is—seeing an inches long, double-headed toy the Jung was using to meet both of their needs and liquids.

 

And the Im has had enough of this going on for days now.

 

“Oooohhh..H-hi Yoooonngg…mmmm..I-I’m a little bit busy right now..C-could you please close the dooorr…Aaaahh..”

 

Stoic as stone, the doe-eyed woman moved from the door towards the two, doing ladies. She grabbed Jessica wrist rested on her partner’s shoulder and pulled her up, lugging the toy out from both of the women’s womanhood as well.

 

Much to Jessica’s displeasure.

 

“What the hell?!” Jessica barked.

 

The sudden absence of something inside her and the loud voice of the Jung made the girl on the floor to turn her head up.

 

“ Jessi! I was near!”

 

And so was Yoona..

 

..she was near from going crazy.

 

The Im snatched any piece of cloth her hand could get in touch from the flat and shoved it to the woman Jessica was with. She started pushing and dragging the woman towards the open door—and now towards their main entrance.

 

“What the ?! Hey! Don’t push me outta here!”

 

But Yoona was more than determined to do it.

 

“Yaaahhh!!”

 

Before the girl knew it, she was on the hallway of her partner’s abode, and being stared at, hard and cold, by the pissed Im Yoona.

 

“Why you—“

 

And as soon as the shameless girl landed her eyes on the doe-eyed girl, fully faced her like wholly, the irritated frown on her face was replaced with a cunning smirk.

 

“Ooohh… Jessi didn’t tell me she has a stunning roommate.. Say, do you want to pick up where Jessi left off?? I’m still dripping wet, y’know..”

 

The girl wiggled her eyes like a maniac.

 

But Yoona remained composed and emotionless—so much that when she uttered her next words, a chill ran down the girl’s spine.

 

“Go yourself..”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Why the hell did you do that??!”

 

Jessica screamed the first thing she saw Yoona entering her room and closing the door.

 

Of all people, Yoona should know that she never want anyone meddling on her matters—especially when she’s in the middle of her session.

 

“Ugh!! I was on the edge of getting my heaven when you barged in! You could’ve waited until I was finished enjoying myself!”

 

Jessica was pissed.

 

More than pissed.

 

And it is not helping that all Yoona was giving her was a cold, blank stare.

 

“What?? Are you just gonna stare at me like that for the rest of the day?!! Because honestly Yoona, I am so tired and exhausted of thi—“

 

For the love of goose and stingrays.

 

Before the Jung could even grasp what was happening, Yoona’s lips came crashing with hers—the Im’s hands cupping her cheeks and letting her tongue do the wonders.

 

Much to Jessica’s surprise.

 

“Y-Yoona—“

 

But the doe-eyed woman didn’t give Jessica the opportunity to speak for she suddenly pushed the girl down to her bed.

 

Which positions the Im on top of her.

 

Yoona was kissing her.

 

Devouring her.

 

Something that Jessica cannot deny she had dreamed about before.

 

The younger has always been so beautiful in the Jung’s eyes, always so strikingly dazzling even with her eyes closed.

 

And now that Yoona is practically on the verge of giving her what she had been wanting, Jessica cannot seem to imagine the image of them both doing it.

 

Something’s not right.

 

“Y-Yoong—“

 

So not right when Yoona began kissing her jawline down to her neck, as roughly as she can.

 

“P-please..”

 

Not when the girl’s hands started roaming all over Jessica’s body and the latter feeling so wrong about it.

 

“Please stop…”

 

And not when Jessica was so damn sure that she loves Kim Taeyeon.

 

As much as what Yoona feels towards Kwon Yuri.

 

Every movement stopped.

 

The sound of lips pulling away from a flesh sounded. Gasps and short breaths started to sound like a race.

 

And two pair of eyes stared.

 

The one confused and startled.

 

The other one shrieking of anguish and torture.

 

Yoona was the first one to get on her feet, staring at the lying figure of the Jung on the bed like a lost puppy—eyes blank but something in them pierced Jessica’s heart.

 

Like Yoona was blinking a black hole through her orbs.

 

Nothing but misery and disorientation.

 

Before the Jung could even realize what was happening, Yoona just had to surprise her yet again.

 

Because the latter just had to start punching on the wall behind her.

 

Firm and strong.

 

With all her might, Yoona was whacking the poor wall with nothing but her bare, balled fist, as powerful and fast as her unkempt state could.

 

Much, much to Jessica’s horror.

 

“What the—Yoona stop it!!”

 

“..yaah!”

 

However, the girl doesn’t seem to hear what the Jung was saying for she continued smashing her already broken hands to the already bloody wall.

 

Like she had never hit someone before.

 

It was too painful to see.

 

“ it Yoona!”

 

Not knowing how to bring the thrashing and self-torture to an end, Jessica did what she thought was best for this kind of situation.

 

SLAP!

 

The sound of her palm making contact with Yoona’s smooth ones echoed throughout her room.

 

And man, was it effective.

 

Because Yoona, now facing her, ceased to resist—totally pacified.

 

Panting for air, the two of them wheezed.

 

Silence engulfed and both Yoona and Jessica remained on their positions as they let everything that happened sink down to their senses.

 

Especially Jessica.

 

Because for the love of cookies, she is a woman who is ed up with everything and now Yoona just had to do this.

 

“What was that for??” Jessica hissed, exhaustion evident on her voice, “All of it, Yoong… What was that for??”

 

Throughout the years of them living together as partners in crime, never did Jessica Jung saw Im Yoona being irrational and uncontrolled—pretty much as to what she became just now.

 

And knowing Yoona, she will never do this without a reason.

 

Next thing Jessica knew, Yoona’s started tearing up, with her stoic expression lingering to persuade the Jung she’s strong enough to keep it in.

 

But she wasn’t.

 

“H-Hanna already knows..I-I don’t how…but there were goddamn pictures..”

 

Yoona choked.

 

“She got to know how I-I kill people to k-keep her alive throughout the years...sh-she said I-I’m making her feel sicker than she already is..”

 

And that’s when Jessica began tearing up as well, sauntering towards the girl and embrace her with all that she has to ease up the depression she is going through.

 

“I-I was a disgusting murderer to her Sicaah…s-she doesn’t want to see me anymore… Hanna h-hates me S-sica.. She hates me..”

 

“Oh Yoong… ssshhh… it’s gonna be okay…”

 

“Hanna hates me...My baby sister hates me..”

 

Sobs began to fill up the room.

 

And one particular bear on the other side of the door could only slump weakly on the floor and hug her knees in sadness—feeling sorry for her handsome unnie whose dazzling features lies beneath a grave reality and agony.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Truth to be told, Taeyeon had always dreamed of being needed by someone.

 

Being sought after.

 

Growing up as a short, chicken-eyed teenager who acquaints herself more to her laptops and gadgets rather than to the people her age, Taeyeon was never an option for someone looking for a company.

 

It has always been her who would look over a person, try to catch their attention and make them stay a little bit longer.

 

To be someone whose presence will make another someone’s heart skip a beat had always been a wonder for the kid that was Taeyeon.

 

She wanted to know how it feels of being loved.

 

Yet when she finally experienced being the one stuck between two people—the one from the past and the other from her present—Kim Taeyeon would want to take her words back.

 

Because it was never a good feeling trying to choose who should stay..

 

..not when you want both of them to stick around longer than you could wish for.

 

 

“T-tiffany?”

 

That angelic face.

 

That milky white skin.

 

That eye-smile.

 

How can Kim Taeyeon forget those features?

 

All the more, the person who was once the owner of her world.

 

The first person who defined the word love for Taeyeon, who made her feel butterflies in her stomach and rollercoaster in her head. The one who made circles into hearts and created a garden of glee out of nothing.

 

Tiffany Hwang.

 

She was Taeyeon’s first everything.

 

“W-what are you doing here??” Taeyeon stammered.

 

Not only had the presence of the woman made her knees jelly. But also what Tiffany was donned with.

 

A white coat.

 

Oh yeah.

 

How could she forget that the woman opposite of her had always dreamed of becoming a life savior in a form of a medical practitioner?

 

The very same dream that shattered the relationship between the two of them.

 

And perhaps the very same reason why they have met again—inside this tiny, hospital room.

 

“I’m your doctor.”

 

Man, was her intuition accurate.

 

“M-my doctor?”

 

The Kim saw a warm smile—a very familiar one—creeping through Tiffany’s lips and she felt herself openly staring.

 

Almost instantly, the patient saw her doctor sauntering towards her—beside her to be exact—and took a seat right next to her.

 

“You’re still the same Taeyeon I knew..”

 

This statement made her look away indifferently—her heart starting to feel heavy—especially when she uttered the words,

 

“Yeah.. I’m pretty much still the Taeyeon you left behind..”

 

It sounded more embittered than Taeyeon wanted it to be though.

 

But Tiffany looks like she knows how to handle situations like this because she calmly reached for the patient’s hand and intertwined it with hers.

 

When she felt the Kim flinch as a reaction, she was determined not to pull away and held Taeyeon’s hand even tighter, “Taeng…we have our own reasons…I have my own reasons…”’

 

The Kim found herself scoffing at what she heard.

 

“Enough to leave me behind without a word or a note even?? With our plans for our future together dumped like it never mattered??”

 

Taeyeon felt the past feeling of anger and hatred precipitate all over again, her weak free hand forming into a ball as she recalled what she had to go through as a consequence of the girl’s thoughtless actions.

 

“I was your damn fiancé, Tiffany!!”

 

Yes she was.

 

“I may have been too young to propose and think that I should spend the rest of my life with you, but I was pretty serious about us.. About you..”

 

Taeyeon obliged to look away and just fix her stare to the invisible stain of the blanket around her.

 

The words she’ll say next are still too painful to admit.

 

“But you decided to fly to America the next day after our graduation and abandon everything we built… You abandoned me..”

 

A lone tear escaped from Taeyeon’s eyes and she had to sniff back her emotions.

 

She cannot let the doctor know that she’s still affected by her.

 

“But I’m here now..”

 

Before Taeyeon could even knew it, Tiffany was cupping her cheeks, gently caressing her still swollen face with her thumbs, eyes boring holes through her.

 

“..isn’t that what mattered??”

 

Something about the words made Taeyeon feel rather familiar—like she’d heard the exact, same words from a different person.

 

And she doesn’t have to rack her brain as to who she remembered hearing those words from because the very person is there, on the door of her room, staring at them with her usual, icy eyes.

 

Only this time, it wasn’t as icy as before.

 

Something between hurt and disappointment was clearly flashed through those orbs—and Kim Taeyeon was not the one to miss on seeing true emotions on people—especially of a person very dear to her heart.

 

She doesn’t need to be smart to know why though.

 

Her close proximity with Tiffany itself is enough to explain.

 

And before Jessica could completely walk out of the place and walk away from them, Kim Taeyeon was certain that she saw a lone tear rolling down Jessica’s soft-smooth cheek.

 

 

 

 

“Damn midget.. You’re not even listening..”

 

The voice of Sooyoung pierced through her thoughts and Taeyeon finds herself in a moving car—the Choi’s car to be exact.

 

“Don’t be so hard on her Soo..” She heard Yuri reprimand the tallest cop before turning to see her, “Are you sure you’re okay, Taeng? Why did Tiffany allow you to get out of the hospital in this condition??”

 

Taeyeon was thankful for the concern—especially coming from Yuri herself. Her bestfriend had become softer than what she used to be lately.

 

“I insisted on getting out. Tiffany has no say in this..”

 

She heard Sooyoung snicker from the driver’s seat. “Someone has become a dominant. Playing fire with someone while her fiancé is away has its perks after all..”

 

“Shut up Sooyoung..”

 

Fudge.

 

The tallest cop just have to remind Taeyeon once and for all that not only she had to deal with the returning ex, but with the unlabeled relationship she has with Jessica as well.

 

No need to shove the reality to her face though.

 

She will fix this mess that is them when she’s better.

 

“Just focus on the road will you??” Yuri lectured before turning back to the Kim on the backseat.

 

“But honestly Taeyeon, are you sure you’re strong enough to help us with this??”

 

“Yul, trust me..” Taeyeon stared back with conviction, “I am more than fine to kick some felon’s right now. Besides, I promised to be with you throughout the process. I won’t leave you now. Not when we’re very close in seizing who we’re after for..”

 

With a couple of decided blinks from Taeyeon and a few side-glances from Sooyoung, Yuri was finally resolved.

 

They are doing it.

 

“Alright. Here’s the plan..”

 

 

________________________________________________

Readers of Why, hang in there.. I’m almost done (And when I say done, I mean the fanfic itself kekeke) ^_^ Fighting!