It's About Time

Catch Me If You Can

 

In as much as Jessica wished for this — this serene environment in the house with no Kang Seulgi pestering her about using one of her computer sets and an Im Yoona appearing stoic and just plain aloof — the Jung is not the type to believe that things would just turn upside down in a matter of less than twenty-four hours.

 

Lest something happened.

 

Her cousin Seulgi looked like to be somewhere out in the universe, eyes wandering to Jessica knows what. A can of Pringles was carelessly left open beside her and a slice of the junkfood was hanging midair near Seulgi’s lips, propped by her fingers that was immobile.

 

Yoona was, well, being herself. She was still as quiet as she was.

 

But in a different way.

 

Her stupor was something that made Jessica wonder if she was the same girl who cried an ocean the other day—the same person who looked like she was done with life and .

 

She was different.

 

“What’s with you two?”

 

Two heads shot up.

 

The ice-princess glanced from her cousin to her partner—both with sparkling eyes that made Jessica crumple her face in oddity even more.

 

“Are you on drugs or something?? Yah Kang Seulgi!! I told you never to use one, didn’t I??!!”

 

This grabbed the bear’s full attention, “D-dae?! Aniyo! I’m not on drugs Sica unnie!”

 

“Then why do you look like one??”

 

Seulgi rapidly blinked her eyes and open to answer, finding it hard to speak, “A-a-am not..I-I’m just…hungry…is all..”

 

Jessica narrowed her eyes.

 

She wasn’t convinced.

 

Nevertheless, she let it go. Seulgi started munching on her Pringles again anyway and got herself out of her trance.

 

“How about you, Miss Im??”

 

“Hmm? What about me??” Yoona inquired innocently.

 

“Oh stop playing dumb Yoong. Something in your face tells me something happened..”

 

Yoona nonchalantly shook her head. Jessica could have believed it if only an attractive smile wasn’t plastered across her face.

 

“I know that look..” the Jung squinted her eyes at the Im, “Oooohhhh, I really know that look..”

 

“Yeah??”

 

“Uhm-mmm..” Jessica bobbed her head, “I think I know what happened.”

 

“You do?” Yoona taunted, amusedly crossing her arms, still smiling.

 

The Jung replied with a confident ‘Yup’ and looked straight the unusually beaming Im Yoona. “You got laid..”

 

Out of the blue, a set of meritorious laughter roared throughout the room—making Jessica and the previously in a trance Seulgi to look at the Im who was currently rolling her out laughing.

 

Jessica in particular was both confused and surprised.

 

Never heard of Yoona seemingly dying of mirth before.

 

“Wrong.” she said as she suppressed her giggles, standing on her feet and walking away from the confused people in the living room.

 

“But just as close.” with a smirk and an arrogant shrug before stepping inside her room and shutting the door gently.

 

Gaining a proud grin from Jessica, “You son of a gun! Spill it Im Yoona!”

 

And a confused look from an innocent bear.

 

What are unnies talking about?

 

 

 

***

 

 

“Yuri? Are you following?”

 

No, she wasn’t.

 

But she obliged herself to look up to the source of the voice without any idea.

 

“Do I look like not??” she managed to reply, mentally cursing for zoning out in the middle of an important conversation.

 

“With that stupid smile across your face while in a dazed?? Uhmm-mm, I don’t think so..” Taeyeon replied with a shake of her head.

 

And she was right.

 

The midget had been observing her bestfriend since last night and something about her aura confused and alarmed Taeyeon at the same time.

 

“Are you okay??”

 

Yuri has always been the focused one—nothing that Taeyeon can remember did Yuri entered a stupor coupled with a goofy smile tugging on her lips. Like a madman dreaming about unicorns, wide awake.

 

“Yes..” the Kwon shrug, “Never better..”

 

But that beam lingering a little bit more than she expected told Taeyeon that there is something more to that ‘never better’

 

The midget took off her glasses and leaned on the table, leaning a little towards the woman across her whose slack aura made her puzzled even more.

 

Kwon Yuri vis-à-vis slack has always been farfetched.

 

“Did something happened last night that you didn’t tell me?? I mean, between you and Yoona?”

 

Yuri nonchalantly shook her head. Taeyeon could have believed it if only that legendary Kwon smirk wasn’t plastered across her face.

 

“Oh my..”

 

“What??”

 

“Oh my gosh..” Taeyeon was now on her feet, mouth-agape and wide-eyed, lips spreading into an amused grin.

 

“Y-you got laid…you got laid didn’t you??”

 

Then a set of meritorious laughter roared throughout the room—making Taeyeon as mixed up as hell. As far as she could remember, her statement wasn’t funny.

 

“Uh…Why are you laughing??”

 

Stifling her laughter, Yuri replied, “And why not? That was like the most hilarious joke I’ve ever heard from you Taeng..”

 

I wasn’t even joking. Taeyeon wanted to reply. She wanted to smack the laughing of the Kwon who seemed so oblivious of the seriousness on Taeyeon’s question and tell her how grave that inquiry is—the latter considering herself an expert on this kind of things.

 

Thanks to Jessica and everything about her.

 

But Taeyeon decided to push her words back and ask this instead, cause she was more curious in finding out,

 

“So that means you and Yoona didn’t have ??”

 

Another roll of laughter let out of the Kwon before settling into a calm smile, “No, silly! Where did you even get that idea?? That’s not gonna happen..” Yet

 

“…we just..” Yuri trailed and slowly, a small smile crept into her lips like a lovestruck teenager, making a hopeful Taeyeon to fidget in anticipation of the next words her bestfriend was about to say.

 

You just what, goddammit!

 

“..we just—“

 

“UGH!! This is the worst day ever!!!” Oh great.

 

Choi Sooyoung just have to barge in right before Yuri could roll off what Taeyeon wanted to hear.

 

“Worst day ever!!!!”

 

Yeah, worst day ever..

 

Fudge Sooyoung.

 

“Why?? What happened??” Yuri’s attention immediately diverted towards the figures on the door with curiosity. Taeyeon did the same with a half-annoyed, half-MORE annoyed mien.

 

Just what worst circumstance could possibly happen in this very early of the day??

 

“She got her ankle sprained..”

 

Oh.

 

“You what?!”

 

So that’s explains why the tallest woman in the room was limping, being assisted by the other danshin Irene who rolled her eyes rather at her partner’s recklessness.

 

“Stupidity had become her middle name, unnies..”

 

This gained an amused smirk in Yuri and a wide-eyed Taeyeon who couldn’t believe her ears.

 

Never thought that the conservative and modest Irene Bae had these words up her sleeves that earned everyone in the room’s attention, especially that of the Choi’s.

 

“Yah! Watch your words Bae Joohyun!” Sooyoung wanted to sound angry but the pout at the end of her sentence failed her.

 

“You could’ve watch your steps, too unnie. Falling five flights of stairs was not in our plans you know…” the newly evolved Joohyun replied calmly.

 

“Irene’s right though..” Taeyeon spoke after recovering from the shock the Bae brought, “How can you accompany Yuri later in that state?”

 

Sooyoung managed to open for retaliation but found no words coming out of it. Leave it to Taeyeon to make her mute when she knows what the kid’s saying is true.

 

Touché.

 

Now it all goes down to the question of who would tag along with the Kwon later on—with a sprained Choi and a still feeble Taeyeon—to the mission that would either lead them to what they’re looking for or put them to end once and for all.

 

“It’s easy..” Yuri’s voice sounded now, telling every cop in the room of their change of line up.

 

“Irene’s going with me.”

 

 

***

 

 

 

“He’s there. The target is riding a ing Harley-Davidson, people. Han Jaejoon in black hood, two o’clock.”

 

Two head spun and there spotted the shameless creature arrogantly giving high-fives to who seemed to be his peers riding in identical motorbikes as him.

 

The man was looking a lot younger to what their client’s supposition. But that’s the least thing Yoona could think about right now. Observing silently, she saw how the man parked his shining bike near his friend’s and eventually walked up towards the building with them—unaware of the fate he is to end up soon.

 

“What floor is La Villa?” Yoona inquired, seizing the black guitar case laying at the back seat of the car.

 

“11th..”

 

“And the one across the street?”

 

“12th..I’ve reserved 12-R under the name Baek Sungji. As far as my sums are concerned, that’s the exact room facing La Villa diagonally..”

 

“Got it”

 

Meanwhile, the bear on the driver’s seat was quietly drumming her fingers resting on the steering wheel. Much to Yoona’s wonder, Seulgi was taking things calmly.

 

“Seulgi..” the Im called, earning a cute face of a bear turning towards her.

 

The innocent stare of the younger worries the hell out of the doe-eyed girl. She doesn’t want to involve the kid on the first place and drag her here. But Seulgi was persistent in tagging along, offering to be Yoona’s driver.

 

The latter never agreed.

 

So as Jessica.

 

But the Kang has her ways.

 

Yoona didn’t even remember saying yes to the kid who had miraculously settled herself in Jessica’s Audi, on the driver’s seat. The two elderlies then gave up—knowing that time is a valuable factor in their job—and to have an argument with Seulgi wouldn’t help.

 

“..this isn’t a game okay?? One wrong move can get us all arrested or worse, killed.”

 

“You brat! Do not do anything clumsy out there that’ll jeopardize everything. Auntie will definitely kill me if something happens to you..”

 

“Relax… I know the risks before getting in the car, unnies. Just trust me in this..”

 

“Trust my you stupid bear! I can’t wait until this is over young lady. You will sooo get it from me..”

 

The Im wanted to rant more just like the HellSica over the line. Yet she didn’t. Something in Seulgi’s calm demeanor told her that things would turn out fine. Maybe.

 

“Alright. There’s nothing we can do about this now. We just need to make sure that we’ll finish this job as spotless as before..”

 

Yoona heard Jessica sigh and agree and saw Seulgi nodding her head.

 

“Kid, can you hear your Sica unnie on your comms system?”

 

Seulgi checked the earpiece stuck around her earlobe “Crystal clear”

 

“Good. Pay attention to your surroundings and tell us if there’s any strange thing happening here. And remember: don’t get out of the car. You got me?”

 

“Got it all in my head, handsome unnie..”

 

“Alright.. Sica?”

 

“I’m here babe..”

 

Yoona inhaled deeply, eyes burning of tenacity and calmness all at the same time. She pushed back any churning feeling inside her gut and tells herself that it’s the pressure of having the innocent Seulgi in this assignment that makes her feel a little off.

 

And not her sixth sense working. Not intuition or any other unfortunate hunch.

 

Not now.

 

“I’m going in..”

 

 

***

 

 

Shrill sound of music searing all over the place makes Yuri feel nauseate. To top it off, the stench of alcohol and weed fills the place and sticks like damn super glue to everything present.

 

Including them.

 

“This place is crazy..” Irene quietly muttered, disgusted at every little movement and reek she catches from the rathole they’re in.

 

“That makes this a perfect location to plot a crime. We have to be cautious.. We don’t want our killer to slip away under our watch…”

 

Kwon Yuri subtly spoke, her eyes on the mob thrashing on the dancefloor.

 

This made Irene nod, only to throw a curious look at Yuri as soon after, “But do you have any idea who this Han Jaejoon is or what he looks like? How do we know if it’s him or not when we don’t even have a face to look for?”

 

As if on cue, a group of men entered the place, some in leather jackets, others covered in hoods—sauntering like they own the club with that bossy aura they give out.

 

Yuri saw them and she could never be wrong.

 

That’s Han Jaejoon..”

 

Following Yuri’s line of sight, Irene squinted her eyes at the several figures arriving. However, with all that almost identical outfits those men are sporting, Bae Joohyun was having a hard time telling who’s who.

 

“That guy carrying a Jansport knapsack, the shortest one..”

 

Irene finally landed her eyes on the man.

 

“How certain are you that it’s really him?”

 

“Because I’ve looked up for him and discovered that this isn’t the first time he’d hacked a company’s data base. Han Jaejoon was actually the one behind the streak loss of confidential records of various corporations in the country way back in 2009. He was also the culprit who slashed some zeroes in YeonHan bank two years ago that lead to its bankruptcy a year after.”

 

“He was that bastard?”

 

“No other than..”

 

Irene breathed deeply at the given information. No wonder this person was being sought after by assassins. He was such a prick.

 

“Let’s go get him now..”

 

The shorter cop was about to be on her feet, ready to lunge unto the man. But Yuri was quick to stop her.

 

“Wait.”

 

Irene stopped herself then and went back on her seat as she eyed Yuri with incredulity.

 

“What?? We’re losing him unnie. There are a lot of people here and it wouldn’t be easy to spot his small figure if we continue this chitchat..”

 

“But that’s the point, Hyun. There are a lot of people here..” Yuri looked straight the shorter cop across her, “And our suspect, as far as his or her cases are concerned, liked to keep it discreet and private. And public pubs like this isn’t his or her nest.”

 

Yuri is almost sure—yes she is—that their suspect isn’t in this place right now.

 

She could feel it. Sense it.

 

She had read the entire folder of cases made by this one and never in that file Yuri had read about a crime being executed in an open vicinity full of civilians. Not once.

 

And so after receiving that intelligence information about Han Jaejoon’s assassination, Yuri didn’t instantly believe. No. Not when she was sure that their suspect is some kind of anti-social.

 

But she took the bait anyway. She risked everything to get to this point for she feels that this would lead them to their suspect—to him or her.

 

In one way or another.

 

She just need to believe in her intuition. In her sixth sense.

 

“So what are you implying?” Irene asked, not totally getting what her senior was saying.

 

Yuri was immediate to reply with all seriousness, “That our suspect isn’t here. That he or she wouldn’t do this in this kind of place and we need to figure out where he or she could be..”

 

“What??” to say that Irene wasn’t perplexed was a lie. Because seriously, what are they even doing here if what Yuri’s saying is true??

 

“So we’ve spend the whole three hours sniffing human flesh and whatnot in here for nothing??”

 

“No, I don’t think so. We’ve confirmed that Han Jaejoon was coming here and that validates the piece of intelligent information given to us. That whatever written in there was true… That that information is probably identical to what our suspect has… Hence, he or she is aware of Han’s presence in this club right now as much as we do..”

 

Irene stared at the Kwon, perhaps processing every raw material she just spat. Even Yuri couldn’t grasp it wholly just yet.

 

“Long story short, our suspect isn’t here but the target is, so we need to find where the heck he or she is going to execute it, knowing that he or she doesn’t finish the job in public places like this. Is that it?” Irene spat those words in one go and Yuri had to smile a little at that with a nod.

 

“Yes Joohyun. That’s what I’m talking about..”

 

Despite the loud banging of music, Yuri heard the long sigh produced by her present partner as Irene digested everything. In the littlest moment as that, the Kwon saw the familiarity of Irene to her bestfriend Taeyeon.

 

This made her chuckle a bit.

 

Not bad for a comrade.

 

“This is getting a little bit of complicated for us unnie. Where can we find our suspect then if not here?”

 

Suddenly, the music in the room toned down and lights switched on, making people inside the club, including the two cops, to squint their eyes in the newly found brightness.

 

The DJ on the podium began speaking, “Listen up motherers! Swig one go of your favorite drink and feel the rhythm ‘cause it’s about time for the countdown!”

 

Drunks inside the club began hooting and both the two cops saw a very huge curtain being drawn—revealing the majestic view of night time Seoul from the towering heights of the building.

 

You can see all about the city from above and Yuri must say, that for a party-hater like her, this gimmick is ultra-amazing.

 

“Excuse me!” The Kwon heard Irene call out, but not to her. She looked over and saw the other woman calling another woman who happened to pass-by.

 

“What is this countdown all about?? And that curtain thingy stunt?? I’m a newbie here so I don’t really follow..”

 

The passer-by beamed at the question, to which Yuri thought was the effect of alcohol, before answering,

 

“That’s the highlight every Friday at 8 o’clock here. They haul those huge curtains to make way for the neon lights that will be lighten later on. Those neon lights will be very bright that people from up here will be visible from the buildings nearby. It’s La Villa’s trademark!”

 

Something clicked for Yuri.

 

“Of course.”

 

Something that completes the puzzle she was trying to fit and match.

 

“Ha! Of course..”

 

And before Irene could even ask what she was talking about, the poor Bae was already being dragged by Yuri out of the pub.

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Room 12-R ma’am. Enjoy your night.”

 

“Thank you”

 

The usher bowed down before walking away, leaving Yoona to calmly stare at the retreating figure before getting inside the tavern. It was some private room of a pub and nothing interesting greets her from the inside.

 

Maybe except for the fact that one particular floor of the building across from where she’s standing is lighted up, a gigantic curtain being visibly drawn for the whole Seoul to see.

 

Yoona raised her wrist up and stared down at her watch.

 

7:57

 

It’s about time.

 

Silently, Yoona laid down the guitar case on the couch leaning against a big glass window facing the view outside. She opened the case and carefully pulled up what was actually hidden inside that wasn’t a guitar.

 

It was an M24 sniper rifle.

 

Duly intended for one person named Han Jaejoon.

 

Yoona set the rifle aside and grabbed the telescopic sight remained in the case, placing the now unfilled case on the table adjacent the couch then picked up the M24 soon after.

 

She was focused in mounting the telescopic sight atop the sniper rifle’s when she heard Jessica speaking through the line.

 

“I don’t have visual of you, Yoong. There are no cameras inside their rooms..”

 

“That’s okay Sica. I’m now fixing the gun. It’ll be over before you even knew it..”

 

Yoona finished mounting the telescopic sight and gave it a quick try before setting it aside on the couch. She then fished out a pin-like thing from the pocket of her jeans then silently bent towards the glass window.

 

Pushing the pin-like material against the glass window, Yoona expertly twisted the head of the pin thrice and in a blink of an eye, a tiny hole was created, making way for a cold night breeze to dampen Yoona’s face on that moment.

 

Thanks to today’s advances, things like these are much easier and reliable.

 

“Mr. Han is sipping for a drink at the bar with a young lady in tow. Seems like his yucky charisma could get him under the sheets tonight..” Jessica’s teasing sounded.

 

Concentrating with her chore, the Im picked up the M24 from the couch and slowly inserted the tip of the rifle towards the hole she created a minute ago—tilting the barely sticking out tip of the gun a little downwards for a better angle.

 

Jessica was right. 12th floor is the perfect floor for this job.

 

Yoona soundlessly peeked through the telescopic sight of the rifle and quickly scanned for her target before saying, “Too bad he wouldn’t..”

 

A seemingly answer to the partner said awhile ago, “Too bad..” while eyes now following the figure of the target in the building across the street, through her long-range peep hole.

 

“What time is it?” the Im asked.

 

“7:59” was what she got.

 

With this, Yoona took a silent breath—like she always does everytime she’s about to do it—and gently placed her index over the trigger.

 

She saw people on the other building began cheering and she obliged herself to mimic the way they counted down inside her head—like a kid waiting to meet the New Year with fireworks and all.

 

9, 8, 7, 6

 

The numbers began decreasing. So as one person’s chances of living.

 

5, 4, 3

 

Because it was only a matter of time before a finger pulls the trigger

 

2, 1

 

And a man falls down the floor with a bullet sticking to his head.

 

Killing him right on the spot.

 

 

 

***

 

 

“Where are we going??”

 

Yuri ignored Irene’s inquiry again, just letting the shorter cop follow her lead towards the exit. They made it to the street and Yuri has to look up to the storey where La Villa was towering.

 

It has to be here…It has to be here…

 

“Yuri unnie—“

 

The Kwon then jerked her head towards the building opposite of La Villa. She looked up to the seemingly identical structure and widen her eyes in realization.

 

Everything makes sense now.

 

“What time is it, Irene?”

 

The question wasn’t a bit the answer Bae Irene wanted to have. But she obliged herself to look at her wristwatch, albeit tiredly.

 

“7:59. Why?”

 

“. Come on!” Yuri hissed before sprinting towards the entrance of the looming building across the street.

 

Irene has to roll her eyes before running after her, “Ugh. Not again. Unnie wait up!”

 

Unknown to them, one pair of monolids noticed their little escapade.

 

“Unnies!” Seulgi silently hissed, ducking behind the steering wheel as she scrutinized the two dashing figures towards the building where her handsome unnie had taken off.

 

“What is it bear?” she heard her Sica unnie reply in her ear.

 

“I don’t know if this is strange for you but I’m seeing two strangers running towards the building. Two women to be exact. One is taller and has this jet black hair while the other is—“ Seulgi widen her eyes when she realized who it was.

 

Baby bear could never be wrong.

 

“..I-I-Irene??!”

 

“Irene??” There was a brief pause on the part of Jessica before she frantically continued, “Holy ! The cops are there!”

 

And Seulgi doesn’t know what part of the statement astonished her more.

 

Is it the fact that the presence of the police in the vicinity could put this assignment especially her Yoona unnie in danger??

 

Or the truth that the girl she met in the convenience store and since had been her crush is one of the cops herself??

 

Seulgi heard the clattering sound of keyboard snapping over the line and the next words she would hear will only make her feel more anxious as ever.

 

“! Yuri is there, too! She’s the other cop with Irene. They are already heading towards the elevator Yoona! You need to get out of there. Now!”

 

 

“Can you at least tell me why are we running like mad men unnie??” Irene panted beside Yuri, both of them nearing the elevator as she speak.

 

“What floor is La Villa?”

 

And again, she was answered with another question. Ugh! She wanted to snap at the Kwon who merely ignores her inquiries for the nth time. But Irene knows better than to do that.

 

“11th..”

 

Once at the lift, Yuri immediately pressed the going up button and waited for the door to open.

 

“Our suspect is going to assassinate Han Jaejoon from up here once the lights in La Villa are switched open.”

 

Finally! Something other than a question from Kwon Yuri!

 

Wait. Who’s killing who from where??

 

“With all that illumination and glow from those neon lights, coupled with the partying people who wouldn’t give a about their surroundings since they’re busy admiring La Villa’s highlight, gunning down Han Jaejeoon up from this building would be as easy as opening a can of soda for the killer..”

 

Oh.

 

Oh..

 

But how—

 

The doors of the lift opened, with two or so persons walking out from it. Once empty, Yuri and Irene immediately hopped inside with the former pressing the button that will lead them to the 12th floor.

 

Wait wait..

 

“12th??” Irene asked, confusion written all over her face.

 

Yuri only side-glanced at the short figure beside her before answering on a calm manner, “Just wait and see..”

 

 

***

 

 

“! Yuri is there, too! She’s the other cop with Irene. They are already heading towards the elevator Yoona! You need to get out of there. Now!”

 

Yoona froze when she heard Jessica spoke.

 

Her body went numb for a moment that she didn’t hear the Jung adding, “They’re now inside the elevator and Yuri pushed for 12th.. ! This girl is smart!”

 

The Im finished putting back the M24 sniper rifle inside the case and locked it in. She fished out a black face mask from her pocket and covered it around her lower face, making only her big doe-eyes in plain sight.

 

This is not happening.

 

Not Yuri.

 

Not this time.

 

“Goddammit Yoona! Give me something! Where the hell are you?!”

 

“Handsome unnie!”

 

“I’m here, I’m here.. Sorry..”

 

“Ugh! Do not scare me like that!”

 

The doe-eyed girl sauntered towards the door rather fast, turned the knob and slipped out of the room quietly. She inspected the hallway from left to right before spotting a CCTV camera two doors from her right.

 

“Can you see me now?”

 

“Yeah yeah. I could see you..” She heard both Jessica and Seulgi heave a sigh over the line that somehow eased up Yoona’s growing anxiety.

 

Yuri is here.

 

If not of the circumstance, Yoona would be more than happy to have Yuri running after her. That woman’s unfaltering and collected disposition always challenges the doe-eyed girl.

 

But no.

 

Yuri is here for her—as a cop who catches the killer that is her—and not the way she wanted it to be.

 

“Where do I go from here?”

 

“Start walking to your left. At the end of the hallway, make a right turn and you will see an exit. There’s where the stairs are hidden..”

 

“I’m on it..”

 

“Seulgi, drive your towards the lower ground floor, the parking lot. I’ll give you further instructions what to do next once you’re there..”

 

“Got it unnie..”

 

Jessica breathed in deeply as she pushed her glasses up her nose, eyes focused to the multiple screens opposite of her and cracked her knuckles soon after.

 

She could see Yoona from one monitor walking down the hallway; Yuri and Irene inside the moving elevator on the other; and her precious Audi steered by Seulgi in another.

 

One wrong move and hell will break loose.

 

She’s not letting it happen.

 

“Let’s try the hardest not to get you guys caught..”

 

 

 

***

 

 

“Where the hell did you go?!” the voice of Taeyeon immediately snapped when she got inside the car.

 

“Chill, Taeng. I just bought my favorite burrito..”

 

“By what? Crawling??” Taeyeon cannot believe it, “For Pete’s sake Syoung, you’re sprained and all you still thinking about is food!”

 

“Hey hey, we’ve been waiting here for like three hours Taeng. I didn’t have my pre-dinner because of this stupid mission. Give me a break!”

 

But the Kim doesn’t have time for break.

 

“Oh yeah? Then guess what? I saw Yuri and Irene get out and ran towards that building across the street while you were out there, saving your damn stomach, eating a freaking burrito!”

 

Sooyoung managed to open for retaliation but found no words coming out of it. Leave it to Taeyeon to make her mute when she knows what the kid’s saying is true.

 

“Irene’s right. Stupidity had become your middle name..”

 

The tallest took no heed of the remark, “Are they in trouble or something?? Did you call them??”

 

The shorter cop on the steering wheel sighed, “I don’t know. I called Yuri but she wasn’t answering her phone.”

 

“We should go after them”

 

But this statement earned an incredulous look from Taeyeon again, “What is wrong with you???”

 

“Whaaat??”

 

“You are limping. I am still drained. The very reason why we didn’t go with them was because we’re of no help. We’ll be nothing but liabilities.”

 

“Then what are we doing here?”

 

“We’re lookout and driver, remember? Did you not listen to Yuri back in the station??”

 

“I didn’t sign up on this life-threatening journey to be a freaking driver!”

 

“Oh please. You can’t even drive because of your stupid foot injury.. I’m the one driving here.. I don’t even know why Yuri let you tag along..”

 

“Why you little—“

 

Then something caught Taeyeon’s attention, something she faintly recognizes but mentally convinced herself that it isn’t.

 

“Sssshhh!” She covered Sooyoung’s mouth with her palm as she eyed the familiar, shining, black Audi moving away from them.

 

She shouldn’t be confused, really. There could be a lot of people in Korea to own such pricey car.

 

However, everyone could not have the same, exact, plate number with them right?

 

SYJ9918 belongs to an Audi owned by a certain Jessica Jung. Taeyeon can never be wrong with that.

 

It’s the plate number she would be reading whenever Jessica would pull over, during the times either one of them would feel like hormonal teenagers, and wet.

 

“Where are we going??” Sooyoung saw Taeyeon starting the engine.

 

“I think I know that car..” the clutch snapped and the Choi turned her head to see a black sedan crossing the street, direction towards the building across the road.

 

She said no words when Taeyeon seriously began steering the helm with brows furrowed together.

 

Sooyoung also promised to shut throughout the drive when the short cop beside her intriguingly uttered under her breath,

 

“I have a bad feeling about it..”

 

 

_________________________________________________________

 

READ ME: This is supposed to be an entire chapter of the mission but I had to cut it here because I feel it’s already too long. And I think it is. I’ll post the second part this week IF I get enough reactions from you guys. I need to hear how this update is because I may, if not all, make some revisions of the continuation, depending on my readers’ feedback on this chapter.

 

I ship YoonYul, I love Soshi so much (they’re so precious), and hey, Taeyeon’s be releasing her 2nd solo this 28th (isn’t that amazing???) Four years of being a SOne and I’m still not getting enough of them. Ugh!

 

Oh, and lastly, for those who aren’t acquainted with Red Velvet yet, Bae Joohyun is Irene’s real name, and I have to give Seulgi and Irene a role in this fic because I’m currently crushing on RV babies while Soshi is on hiatus. They are so cuuutteee!! Is there any RV fans reading this? Just so you know, I ship Holy Trinity af and I’m wondering if I should give Wendy a cameo here. Hahaha! Holy Trinity is RV’s very own version of TaeNySic FYI. Kekekeke..

 

Anyway, sorry for the long note. Just missed talking to you ^_^ Write me something! Fighting!