It's About Time Pt. 2

Catch Me If You Can

 

A/N: Yes, you're right. This story is and has always been inspired by that movie, So Close. 'Twas like the first action movie I saw when I was a kid and I really think it's super cool. Never thought that it would be an inspiration to this incredibly-supported-by-awesome-readers fanfic I ever created. If you've watched that film, you may have a tad bit of idea how this fanfic would flow. But of course, with your author's twisted imagination sprinkling over *smirks.

 

Let me apologize for the delay of this chapter and hope you'll forgive me because:

1. I was pressured at how you guys wanted the next chap to be that I contemplated very hard in breaking your hearts or not. I love you too much that I wanted the best for you. *smirks again

2. Your author shamelessly enrolled herself in law school this semester—making her the most battered person in the whole universe Lol. If you've been in or at least heard of it, you'll know how time-demanding and brain-eating law school could be. Thus, the delay.

 

But better be late than pregnant right? Keke. This one's short but I hope it would be enough to keep your fantasies awake. Please wait for the next update and bear with your author's hectic schedule.

 

A VERY BIG THANKS TO THE NUMEROUS COMMENTS AND UPVOTES AND SUBSCRIBERS I GET IN THIS STORY. DO KNOW THAT THEY'RE ALL APPRECIATED BY ME :) Keep the love coming guys. Write me something ^_^

 

 

______________________________

 

“SPD..” Yuri showed her badge to the lady at the front desk who looked rather curious at the presence of police in their establishment.

 

“How may I help you, ma’am?”

 

“Was there someone who came in here who looked suspicious?”

 

“Uh…suspicious??”

 

“Wait, wait.. Let me rephrase that..” Yuri paused to ponder before shooting up a look at the attendant again, “Was there someone who came in here bringing a guitar case??”

 

The woman on the front desk could be seen reflecting, (with Yuri thinking that hopefully someone did or else she’ll be screwed), before it eventually found the eyes of the Kwon, asking,

 

“A man or a woman??”

 

Yuri opened to answer but quickly shut it zip when she realized she doesn’t really know if they’re looking for a man or woman.

 

Though Sooyoung was insisting that their suspect is a woman.

 

“A woman..” Irene replied for Yuri instead.

 

The Kwon shot her a glance. Bae Irene only nodded at that.

 

“Hmmm…I remember escorting a beautiful brunette with a guitar case to room 12-R—“

 

And that’s the only thing Yuri needed before dashing away from the front desk towards the specific room, albeit her unfamiliarity of the place.

 

“12-R is on the left, ma’am!”

 

She heard the fading voice of the attendant giving her the instruction but didn’t bother to look back. She continued sprinting like her life depended on it.

 

It’s up for the heavens to bless the woman for her info.

 

12-N

 

12-P

 

12—

 

AHA!

 

“SPD!!” Yuri yelled as she smashed the door open, her gun aimed affront of her.

 

However, the room was empty. The lights are off and Yuri could sense nothing of a presence inside.

 

She walked further into the chamber and a churning feeling inside her stomach, telling her that she’d been wrong all this time, was eating her alive.

 

What if she was mistaken?

 

What if the killer was in La Villa all along?

 

The Kwon will forever bear the guilt of having Han Jaejoon’s death under her watch should her hunch fail.

 

“Look..” Irene’s voice echoed inside soon, her figure passing by Yuri and to the glass window behind the couch.

 

The former found herself striding towards Irene.

 

“A hole…” the shorter one muttered as she pointed at the small opening apparently created at center of the glass. Yuri scrunched her brow and reached for it.

 

She found her eyes focusing to the building across where they’re from and squinted her eyes at what was unfolding before her.

 

All Yuri could do was to breathe out in remorse.

 

She’s too late.

 

Gah! She’s too late!

 

Amidst the messy picture of people partying at La Villa in the middle of full blast neon light shower, Yuri saw a small crowd on one side of the place, freaking out and alarmed.

 

She doesn’t need a brain of a genius to figure out why.

 

The hole staring at her explained everything.

 

“Unnie…”

 

But that doesn’t mean it’s the end for the both of them. Yuri knows that.

 

The killer—their suspect—a she—could still be here—in the building—walking away like she’d done nothing wrong.

 

And Yuri would never let her go away this time.

 

“Stairs! Come on, Hyun!”

 

 

***

 

 

“Seulgi is already in the basement. She’ll be at the door approximately forty-five seconds from now..”

 

“Got it..”

 

Yoona looked over the stairs and hurriedly walked down faster than her current speed.

 

Two more floors and she’ll be out.

 

“Holy !”

 

The sudden snarl of Jessica over the line stopped the doe-eyed girl on her track, “What is it?”

 

There was a quick pause before the Jung continued, “T-Taeyeon is there, trailing behind Seulgi..”

 

“What????”

 

That’s not the thing Yoona thought she would hear.

 

At least not when the fact of having Yuri in the same building as hers—on her tail— has not yet, even a tad bit, sunk in her senses completely.

 

“I could see it. This blue car unnie??” Seulgi spoke over the line.

 

“Yes that one.. Gah! It must’ve been the plate number. Taeyeon had it memorized by heart. I’m so sorry..”

 

Yoona must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. Things aren’t going the way she wanted it to be.

 

“Just what is it with tonight that cops keep appearing here and there?! This is stressing me out!”

 

“It’s okay. Calm down, princess. We’ll get through this.”

 

Hopefully.

 

The Im was now running fast down the stairs, eyes calm as ever, but heart beating erratically. This is not the first time they’re nearing capture—nearing the hands of police and stench of jail bars.

 

“Is Taeyeon alone?”

 

“No. She’s with that scrawny little , Choi Sooyoung… Looks like they’re in full force..”

 

They had worse—Yoona and Jessica know that.

 

But this is different.

 

, this is different.

 

“Any plan Yoong??”

 

“I never thought I’ll say this, but no. I have nothing. Do you?”

 

“Ugh!”

 

Because Yuri and Taeyeon are here.

 

The most important people in their lives are here—running after them—as the cops that are ought to catch them—them that are felons.

 

Them that are hired assassins.

 

And this is what makes this assignment a whole lot harder than they ever thought it would be.

 

“I have a bad feeling about this Sica..”

 

“Oh, tell me about it.”

 

There’s the door. Yoona could see it. Few more steps and she’ll be—

 

“Stop right there!!”

 

Yoona froze.

 

.

 

She never thought that Yuri’s voice has this ability to make her heart hammering to this extent, she feels like she’d run a mile.

 

Though the doe-eyed girl hoped that they aren’t in this situation cause she’ll definitely kiss the cop with how ily dangerous she spoke her next words.

 

“Stop right there or I’ll shoot..”

 

 

***

 

 

Unbelievable.

 

Yuri had this word going around her mind all throughout the steps she had taken off the stairs towards the very person they’ve been looking for almost two months.

 

She still can’t believe her eyes.

 

Their suspect is really here—right infront of her.

 

The very person she and her entire team spent sleepless nights with decoding identities and cracking likely whereabouts.

 

This is so real.

 

And it’s a she.

 

Just how Sooyoung deemed her to be.

 

A lanky (just as high as Yuri) snowy-white skinned, brunette is stationary on her spot—back facing the Kwon and Irene as they walked down the stairs, guns on position.

 

The woman was standing infront of the door, stiff and motionless.

 

Perfect.

 

That’s how the tanned cop would like her to stay.

 

The guitar case under the clutch of their suspect didn’t go unnoticed by Yuri, too.

 

Bingo!

 

Yuri is more than sure that whatever kind of sniper rifle this woman used, it’s inside that guitar case.

 

She mentally smirked at how right she was about everything and set aside the fact that she failed in saving Han Jaejoon.

 

Catching the one who killed Han could give her satisfaction above all else as of the moment.

 

“Put the guitar case down” the Kwon commanded, gun firmly pointed at the brunette opposite of her.

 

Yet the suspect stayed as she is—much to Yuri's annoyance.

 

“Put.The.Guitar.Case.Down!”

 

Yoona silently flinched at how firm Yuri rung out. She felt a lone sweat roll down her neck with the way the cop ordered her.

 

“Damn! You got yourself an impatient woman, Yoong… What to do??”

 

The doe-eyed girl wanted to respond to Jessica’s mock over the line and tell her to shut the hell up.

 

But she cannot.

 

Of course she can’t.

 

Not when she vividly remembered Yuri telling her once, that it annoys her to the bone how she liked the texture of Yoona’s voice. That it soothes her just listening to it, she wanted to smack herself for the yearning of hearing it everyday.

 

Yoona could only close her eyes.

 

She doesn’t want to associate the beautiful memory with this unfortunate situation she is in.

 

This ill-fated circumstance that will determine what’s in store for her and Yuri after tonight.

 

Why now??

 

Of all ing time, why now??

 

With the fear of enraging the tanned cop behind her, little by little, Yoona laid the guitar case down the cold, hard floor. She made sure to place it near her feet just in case.

 

But Yuri knows what she has in mind.

 

“Irene..” Yuri tipped her head towards and the Bae instantly got what the former wanted to say.

 

Quickly, the shorter cop grabbed the guitar case resting inches away from their suspect’s foot and went back to her previous spot, gun still geared up towards the woman.

 

“Now your hands. Let me see your hands..”

 

Yoona heard Jessica groan on her ear. “I’m starting to hate your woman, Im Yoona.. She better not meet me after this or else..”

 

“Your hands behind your head, now!”

 

The Im let out an obvious sigh this time.

 

If this goes on, the three of them might end up hurting each other. Seeing Yuri’s aggression, which is common for police when met with lawbreakers, in this case Yoona herself, it’s just a matter of time before things turn physical.

 

Yoona wouldn’t just stand there and let them effortlessly seize her.

 

But she wouldn’t want to bruise Yuri nor hit her either.

 

Never.

 

So Yoona decided to go with the flow for the meantime and just follow orders.

 

Slowly, she lifted both of her hands and placed them behind her head—just the way Yuri wanted them to be.

 

Unknown to her, the Kwon had to swallow back a lump in and narrow her eyes hard when she saw the pair of noticeable bandages covering their suspect’s hands.

 

Those did not just look like Yoona’s. Yuri thought to herself.

 

But now that she noticed this, the tanned cop can’t stop herself in wondering about how the woman opposite of her has this same build and stature as her girl’s.

 

How straight her back erects just as how Yoona possess and maintained her good posture.

 

How shiny her hair flows just as how smooth and silky Yoona’s locks appear in Yuri’s eyes.

 

And at how, in a very strange way, their suspect has the exact color of nail polish Yuri swear she saw in Yoona’s: pastel pink.

 

Psh. Stupid coincidences.

 

It’s not..this is not…

 

But Yuri chose to collect herself and lead her slightly trembling hand to her side—pushing back whatever horrific idea her intuition was giving her.

 

She unhooked the handcuffs she always keep and paced towards the back-facing woman.

 

Albeit hesitant (for a very unidentifiable reason Yuri cannot decipher), she reached for the woman’s hands resting behind her head and just when the Kwon was about to touch that of their suspect’s, unexpected things happen.

 

The brunette grabbed her wrist instead.

 

There was a quick turn of events and before Yuri could grasp what was happening, their suspect was now facing her, with the former’s fingers laced around Yuri’s wrist.

 

On that littlest moment, Yuri found herself in a daze at how big and expressive the brunette’s eyes were. It was the only thing Yuri could make out of the girl’s as a mask was covering half of her face.

 

But it was enough to send the cop in a haze.

 

Because holy , those eyes looked just like Im Yoona’s doe ones!!

 

“This is your ing chance Yoona. Do it!”

 

Hearing Jessica’s words on her ear, Yoona tried her hardest to be gentle when she yanked Yuri’s wrist and twisted it to her back, twisting Yuri’s body together with her wrist, making the Kwon’s back lean against Yoona’s front.

 

She did wonders in her fingers and in a split second, she got Yuri’s wrist that was under her grasp, shackled in her own cuffs.

 

Yuri hissed at the sudden throbbing on her wrist and mentally apologizing was what all Yoona could do.

 

Sorry baby..

 

The Kwon then tried directing the gun on her other hand to the woman behind her but Yoona immediately grabbed it from behind, stopping Yuri of whatever plan she has in mind.

 

But the Im totally forgot the presence of another being with them she didn’t notice Irene’s approaching figure. The Bae forcefully gave a kick on Yoona’s leg, making the Im fall down on her one knee and carelessly released Yuri’s hand with the gun.

 

“! How dare you?!”

 

Irene took this opportunity to yank Yuri away from their suspect and put her to safety. However, the Kwon has her own plans.

 

Surprising both Yoona and Irene, Yuri already had their suspect’s wrist tied up with her own on the other end of the handcuff.

 

Her eyes shimmered in pride.

 

You don’t think I’ll let you get away from me that easily, do you?

 

Yoona inwardly smirked.

 

She never thought that her girl could be this capable.

 

With that, there started their wrestle—with both of Yuri and Yoona’s hand restrained and Irene trying her hardest not to hit Yuri instead of their suspect.

 

Though it wouldn’t match Yoona’s struggle.

 

She would dodge Irene’s punch while striving to avoid Yuri’s kick at the same time; she would make an effort to be gentle on pushing Yuri away from her as she shields her face from Irene’s fistful hand.

 

Everything was a great effort for Im Yoona.

 

And her concerns doubled up when Jessica had to say over the line, “Screw it.. Taeyeon is now on her feet to my Audi, towards Seulgi, Yoona…”

 

“Oh my gosh! I could see her unnie.. What should I do??”

 

The doe-eyed girl doesn’t like the sound of it. Not when Seulgi is just a kid trying to help her and Jessica out.

 

Having received this information, Yoona became more than determined to get away. She willingly met Yuri’s hard shove that made her stumbling backwards and against the door. Yoona quickly eyed the concrete thing she’s leaning against before shooting a glance at Yuri affront.

 

She saw how much Yuri wanted to get her hands on her. But the Im knows she cannot let that happen.

 

Her free hand scrambled to reach the knob behind her and Irene saw this.

 

“Duck unnie!”

 

With Yuri’s fast reflex, she was able to crouch down upon grasping Irene’s yell.

 

But because Yuri had Yoona tied up with her, she dragged the masked person down with her—all together failing the purpose of Irene stretching out her short but flexible legs to give away a much dedicated kick to their suspect.

 

WHACK!!

 

The door burst open, producing a bomb-like explosion sound that surprised every single being in the hollow parking lot—especially one particular chicken-eyed Kim who freaked the hell out of her weak soul.

 

“Holy sh—“ Taeyeon jerked her head towards the direction of the earsplitting sound and saw two figures…rolling out of a door??

 

She squinted her cute eyes at the sight, only to widen them back as big as she could when she realized the person hovering above another person was

 

Yuri??

 

The Audi few feet away from her then revved, hurried its way away from Taeyeon and towards an area of the parking lot where the frail Kim wouldn't be able to get her short legs into.

 

The kid was only left agape and motionless, blinking her eyes in a rapid motion at what just happened.

 

If it's Jessica driving the car (and it would be unusual if she wasn't), uh... why would she scamper away from Taeyeon?

 

The latter is more than sure that she saw the plate number clearly and precisely. She can never go wrong with her brain's association with the letters and numbers her eyes witnessed and her heart had memorized.

 

Unless...

 

"Kim Taeyeon!" Sooyoung's voice echoed throughout the parking lot—making an already disarray midget to become restless even more.

 

She abruptly turned her head towards the direction of the voice.

 

"Wha—Choi Sooyoung! I told you to never get out of the car didn't I?!"

 

The limping giant could only care less. "When did I ever listen to you, midget?"

 

Ugh!

 

Taeyeon briefly turned her attention to her bestfriend and saw Yuri still hovering above the woman she's with. Her friend seemed to have control over the situation so the Kim then decided to scamper her way to the side of the thick-headed Choi and assisted the woman.

 

"I need no help midget, shoo"

 

"Shut up... You're being unreasonably irrational right now, getting out with one foot working!"

 

"I'm fine Taeng.. Yuri and Irene are the ones who need help there. We need to help them.."

 

Taeyeon would have retaliated and beat the reasoning of the other woman when she suddenly heard a yell coming from someone—making her and Sooyoung whip their heads to the direction of the voice.

 

"Freeze!"

 

It was Irene.

 

The latter deliberately pointed her gun towards the wrestling figure when she saw how their masked suspect slipped out of their former position, pushed Yuri to the side, and placed herself on top of the Kwon now.

 

Bae Irene took this opportunity to trap the vigilant.

 

"Don't move.." The aura of the youngest cop drastically changed from that prim and proper country-side girl into a fierce and hot-blooded law woman "..or I swear to god I'll shoot you.."

 

Everything stayed still.

 

Yuri from below intently stared at their suspect above her; Taeyeon and Sooyoung stayed as is as they witness everything unfold before them; Irene being adamant on her resolve of shooting their suspect if she dares to move;

 

And there goes Yoona, being the unpredicted person that she always is, blinking her eyes calmly when after a split second, she unrelentingly tossed herself down and flipped Yuri up—fearless of a certain Bae's previous admonishment.

 

Much to everyone's surprise.

 

And to a particular Jung's eye balls to almost fall off their sockets behind the computer monitors..

 

..especially when Irene opted to fire her gun despite Yuri's position at hand.

 

BANG!! BANG!! BANG!!

 

"Yah!" Sooyoung yelled, helplessly watching the scenario meters away from where they are. She mentally noted to smack the youngest about this rascal behavior later.

 

Poor Taeyeon could only stare—mind still haywired of everything that's happening.

 

Seeing that Irene started shooting, Yoona began flipping their bodies again. She heard a low grunt on the part of Yuri when she did so and inwardly apologized again.

 

This is the only way Yoona thinks she could save them both.

 

Of what really, the Im wasn't sure.

 

Yoona tossed them again for the third time and it went fourth. Fifth and sixth and seventh until the doe-eyed girl felt like they have dirtied and tired themselves enough to make her stop.

 

She was gasping for air,  feeling beads of sweat trickling down her forehead. She needed a bit of rest so she halted.

 

Yoona could only wish she didn't.

 

!!!

 

She vehemently wished she didn't.

 

Because the moment she flickered her eyes open, she saw a wide-eyed Yuri, looking, gawking at her like she'd grown another head, face crumpled into something that is very undecipherable for the Im.

 

Only to mirror the cop's expression soon after when the one under the very intense stare of the Kwon heard the latter saying..

 

Painstakingly and shakily..

 

"Y-Yoona???"

 

Her mask had been unveiled.

 

Great.. Just ing great..

 

But before she could utter a word and try to grasp what happened just now, Yoona heard a seriously bitter curse overcoming her ear and senses.

 

Only to receive an information from Jessica over the line—stated in an anxious and horrific manner.

 

"50 or so goons are there with all of you Yoona. And they're ing armed."

 

Bullets started flying everywhere right after.