The Start

Catch Me If You Can

Everything except a particular tanned cop and a doe-eyed lady was in fast forward.

 

Figures of the people passing and walking in and out of the club were in high-speed that it made them look like a streak of light dashing off the place.

 

Doe-eyes meet brown orbs.

 

Emptiness meets fierce sorrow.

 

Criminal meets cop.

 

Although the blinking lights made it hard for the two women to glare at each other, the intensity between their stares never falter.

 

Meeting the annoying girl thrice for a day was initially a headache for the Kwon. It really was.

 

The girl was too self-conceited for Yuri and if all of those arrogant stalkers she has will be piled up as one, their haughtiness will not be enough to equal the arrogance of the doe-eyed girl.

 

Yet, the latter was still not like those of the clingy stalkers the tanned cop has.

 

She’s not like them who have the attitude written all over their faces that reflect in their eyes. The smug look on their expression reaches their orbs that whenever Yuri will try to understand their actions, she can only see arrogance and nothing but arrogance.

 

But this doe-eyed girl was way different. The way she her eyes blink and flicker make Yuri stare at her more—in awe. Her big doe-eyes can be counted as one of the reasons but the Kwon knew that it was even more.

 

The younger girl’s eyes do not reflect pride and conceit. Yoona’s actions did not deceive the smart cop whenever she would come across her forlorn orbs that depict misery and distress. Her doe-eyes clearly tells Yuri that her actions are the entire opposite of what her eyes show and that’s why the black pearl hated her so much.

 

The confidence in her actions do not match the sadness in her eyes and Yuri hated this sight. Hated that someone is using an arrogant façade to cover up the pain inside. Hated that the girl’s eyes simply tell her so. Hated that someone in the world is like her.

 

A great pretender.

 

The smoke coming out of the younger’s mouth even infuriated the Kwon more. Knowing how much cigarette smoking is dangerous to one’s health and being a no-smoking advocate, Yuri was extremely mad seeing such a pretty face decreasing her lifespan through belching a burning tobacco into her lungs.

 

She literally clicked her tongue after the girl took another inhale of the hazardous stick and breathe out its smoke like it was the most normal thing to do. She narrowed her eyes seriously at the girl as the latter just look at her blankly.

 

Yuri was about to step out of her trance and off towards the younger’s location above the place when a not-so-toned-but-ripped man blocked her way.

 

“Hi beautiful.”

 

And that’s when Yoona blinked out of her blank space. Her spectacular view was suddenly blocked by a ripped man that was overtly muscular and big. She reached for the tip of the cigarette squeezed between her lips and inhaled a heap of smoke before throwing it on the ashtray and pacing towards a particular person.

 

“Are you talking to me?” Yuri cocked an eyebrow, not showing any intimidation on the man’s huge size.

 

“I can’t see beautiful ladies in this room other than you.” The man smirked which the cop was well-acquainted with almost every day.

 

“I’m sorry but I don’t have time for this.” The black pearl said and stepped a foot further when a heavy hand grabbed her wrist.

 

Yuri flinched. It was definitely not of fear since she had experienced a lot worse than this. It was irritation.

 

No one dared to touch her the first time of meeting but this man is so brash to grip her wrist.

 

Glaring seriously at the man; Yuri hissed, “Hands-off”

 

But it just made the broad-shouldered guy to smirk in confidence, “Not until you accompany me for the night, beautiful.”

 

“The lady said no, .”

 

Two heads hastily turned after hearing the voice, piercing through the loud trembling sound of the speakers surrounding the club.

 

Yuri just stared at the girl whilst the man smiled evilly.

 

“I stand corrected. Another beautiful lady inside this hole. And you are?”

 

“Her date.” Yoona simply said.

 

Yuri widened her eyes after receiving the information as the man narrowed his eyes in incredulity. There was a moment of staring before the man shifted her gaze to the black pearl whose wrist are still gripped by him and back to the doe-eyed girl.

 

“A beautiful lady going on a date with another stunning beauty. lesbians, I see. What about I take you two home so that I can see how you each other, eh?” the man wiggled her eyebrow and smiled smugly.

 

This made the angered Yuri kick the man in his weak spot and hastily yanked her wrist away—making the muscular chap clutch his crotch in pain.

 

“Sick bastard” the black pearl mocked in anger. She glared at the younger girl whose façade expresses stoicism and was about to walk away when a heavy hand once again grabbed her.

 

“Ggghhaa… Whe..where you think you’re go…going?” the man groaned in pain, body bent down a bit as he gripped his injured part and his head slightly tilted up to look at the Kwon.

 

Yuri batted her eyes in annoyance. This man is too stubborn and aggressive.

 

But before Yuri could retaliate, the younger girl grabbed the man’s hand that was gripping the Kwon’s wrist and twisted it. Widening his eyes, the man was abruptly hit on the face with a skinny yet solid hand of the Im—making him stagger his steps backward. Not yet satisfied with the hit, Yoona stepped forward and clasped the guy’s collar and smacked his face once again.

 

The man fell to his back with a bleeding nose but the Im sure was not yet enough in teaching him a lesson. The girl was already infuriating the moment she saw how seductively he grabbed the Kwon’s slim wrist and spit out cocky words. Yoona doesn’t know but she felt the sudden urge to snatch Yuri away from the guy’s grasp and away from the situation.

 

She was just about to attack the man once again when firm hands wrapped her slim wrist.

 

“That’s enough.” A husky voice stated—making Yoona’s head to turn at her. Yuri stared intently at the big doe-eyes as she spoke.

 

A small blush crept up her tanned cheeks when she saw Yoona’s face this close. Although the blinking lights made it hard for her to examine it in details, Yuri was sure that the girl looked like an angel with her features. A stoic angel, that is.

 

But yet again, before Yuri can register everything that is happening, the doe-eyed girl was pushed forcefully to one of the tables across her position—making the girl stumble on the poor stall and face against the hard wood.

 

The man lunges so swiftly before Yuri can even realize what’s happening.

 

Yoona was smacked right into her face twice and was subsequently followed with a hard kick on her torso—ramming her to the wall behind her. People scrambled their ways away from the commotion and started gawking from the side, not wanting to be involved with the fight.

 

“You know I usually hate hitting girls. But since I am not sure if you are, I am more than willing to knock you off.” The man said before launching once again for the Im.

 

Yoona welcomed the man’s fist with her firm arm grabbing it by the wrist. She saw this as an opportunity to attack the latter and gave him fistful punches to his bare side and unto his face. The Im once again noticed an entrance and kicked the man’s crotch for the second time after Yuri— causing the man to crouch down in pain right after.

 

“One more move and I’ll make sure my bullets will pierce through the both of your stupid brains.” Yuri announced sternly.

 

The particular area was now filled with people and some club bouncers came to the rescue to stop the turmoil. Yoona flickered her eyes up the Kwon and saw that the girl’s gun was now pointing towards either her or the man.  Yuri’s brown orbs are filled once again with the familiar authority and seriousness that Yoona saw through the computer screens the first time she saw the Kwon. It somehow convinced her to stop attacking and just obey.

 

“Put your hands behind your heads. Now!”

 

The man winced in fear and did the order with his other hand remained gripping unto his painful part. Yoona stared for a while as the tanned lady never removed her gaze. She gradually raised her hands and placed it behind her neck without breaking the intense eye contact with the stern Kwon Yuri.

 

So this is how she looks like when she’s a cop, huh?

 

 

***

 

 

RING!!!!

 

RING!!!!

 

RING!!!!

 

RING!!!!

 

“This is Kim Taeyeonnn..” the owner of the name breathed. She’s in a very interesting situation as of the moment that she never bothered looking at the caller ID before picking up the phone.

 

“And this is Kwon Yuri, the one you dumped at the lewd nightclub tonight. Where the hell are you, Taeng?!”

 

The older woman bolted up from her current position, making another woman shift from her position as well. Taeyeon silently put an index finger on her own lips, telling the lady to keep it low. The other woman just smirked and changed her position once again. She scooted to the side of the half-sitting Kim and started nibbling her bare neck.

 

“I’m so sorry, Yul! I-I’m kinda busy right now…Mmmm… Hey, hey. Slow down there..”

 

Agaped, the Kwon stayed silent for awhile before speaking, “Yah! Don’t tell me you in the middle of ing a stranger right now???”

 

The older woman smiled sheepishly and scratched her head as if her bestfriend could actually see her action—at the same time muffling to suppress a moan.

 

“Technically, she is doing me. Not me doing her. “

 

“Oh Gosh… I-I think I got enough of a headache for tonight. You can explain that to me tomorrow.”

 

Taeyeon cannot see Yuri but she was definitely certain that the black pearl was rubbing her temples.

 

Furrowing her eyebrows, Taeyeon asked, “Why? What happened?”

 

“A commotion happened in that disco hub and besides worrying about your whereabouts, I dealt with something that regards our job—alone—during my non-working hours. Thanks to you.” The Kwon sarcastically replied through the line that made the kid to be consumed in guilt for leaving behind a friend.

 

“Well, look at the bright side. You’re going to be paid for your overtime.”

 

“Oh shut up.”

 

A small chuckle left the Kim’s lips that she knew was enough to make her bestfriend forgive her.

 

“Should I come?”

 

“I know you will still not come if I tell you to do so. So, no.” Another chuckle from Taeyeon.

 

“I’m sorry Yul. You know me. I just couldn’t resist this one’s charm.” The Kim said, turning her head to the blonde beside her with a smirk. The woman just replied with a sly smile before continuing the girl’s neck again.

 

“I heard that once before, Taeng. The last time I checked, you already fell head over heels over someone that you almost lose yourself. You can’t fool me.”

 

Taeyeon suddenly felt an old wound starting to resurface again. That painful feeling that she promised to bury down the depths of her past which she never wanted to go into ever again. She promised herself that she would forget about it but every once in a while, especially when Yuri would remind her about it by accident, Taeyeon’s heart would forcefully let her remember the throbbing sensation she felt that moment. That moment when the least person she want gone left her with no reason.

 

“Don’t worry about me. I am old enough now to be wary on my feelings.”

 

“I hope you are. Anyway, I’ll hang up now. I still have to detain these knuckleheads.”

 

“Alright then. Have a nice night, Yul! Sorry buddy. Take care!”

 

“I don’t have to tell you the same since I already know that you are. Be gentle, Taeng. Bye!”

 

The line went dead and the sound of a whimper started engulfing the room once again.

 

“Who was that?” the blonde who was busy on the girl’s neck breathed, eyes closed as she was more focused on leaving a love mark on the kid’s flawless skin.

 

“My bestfriend who happened to be my partner..Mmmm.” Taeyeon hummed, shifting their current position so that she can finally hover above the girl—the girl still the milky white neck of the Kim.

 

Jessica smirked. It was a smirk of amusement at the short girl’s aggressiveness. The girl’s innocent features made the blonde doubt if she has this animal side on her but now that she saw the urge, the Jung once again concluded that she’s just like those she had before.

 

Beastly.

 

Wanting.

 

And to end all of it—tomorrow after this love making, Jessica knew that the girl will be nowhere of sight—just like the rest she ed and ed her. She should have not thought that this girl will be different from the rest of the world who had with her especially that it is almost normal for the Jung to meet and hit people she met at nightclubs.

 

After like staring at each other intently, Taeyeon gently made the tipsy blonde girl to stand straight. The smile on the latter’s lips never left and the Kim immediately felt the blood rushing unto her cheeks.

 

“Are you okay?” the Kim asked.

 

“Uhm..Not really..” the blonde spoke, smiling slyly as she tested if the short girl would fall for her bait.

 

“Why? Are you hurt or something?” Taeyeon asked and started studying the blonde’s body if there’s any injury inflicted.

 

The Jung was left staring amazedly at the cop. Is she this dense?

 

Smirking, Jessica reached for the girl’s arm and caressed it soothingly—sending shiver throughout the Kim’s body. Taeyeon looked curiously at the blonde with a blush that Jessica hesitated for the first time if she should hit on the innocent-looking lady.

 

She immediately felt the familiarity on the girl’s action as to that of someone as innocent as a stunning Im Yoona. But she immediately shrugged the thoughts off and leaned forward until her lips were pressed on the Kim’s adorable ears.

 

“Do you want me to feel better?” she asked huskily.

 

Jessica heard the girl’s gulp under before she answered, “O-of course.”

 

“Your place or mine?”

 

Taeyeon gulped once again. Her place was a bit messy right now but she thinks that’ll do it somehow.

 

“M-my place wi-will be good.”

 

 

And that’s why they ended up in the cop’s lair—specifically in her king-sized bed—giving each other the pleasures of ecstasy and elation.

 

Taeyeon is now attacking the blonde’s neck so slowly as the latter’s arms are pinned sidewards by the Kim’s strong hands. Nibbling and it in the slowest possible way was already pushing the Jung to the edge of bliss. Their bodies rubbing each other made the two even more heated especially when the cop’s hands moved down to caress the girl’s bare stomach.

 

She then laid soft kisses on the girl’s glistening-with-sweat chest and soon enveloped the blonde’s hard raisins with her craving lips—resulting for a loud cry from her.

 

If Jessica never knew that the girl was a complete stranger, she could have thought that she was her intimate lover. The way Taeyeon kissed every inch of her body felt so gentle and sincere—way different to her last partners who were so rash and disingenuous.

 

From that position, Taeyeon slowly slithered a piece of her inside Jessica and slowly ed her finger in and out of the Jung.

 

“Ahhh. You’re so unhurried…” moaned the blonde as she encircled her slim arms around the girl’s neck.

 

“I’ll take it as a compliment.” Breathed the Kim, continuing the slow pace which the blonde surely wanted so badly.

 

The rest of the night stayed like that for the two strangers as they make love under the glimmer of the moon and the silhouettes of their moving bodies.

 

 

(SPD Station; 0030 hours past midnight)

 

 

After hanging up, the cold Kwon went back to the table where the two arrested person were being deliberated by one of the cops.

 

“What now?” Yuri asked the cop, standing infront of the table between the Im and the crotch-injured man.

 

The ripped guy bowed down his head in embarrassment, looking at his hands in dismay. He never thought that the girl she was about to hit was a badass cop after all. If he could just turn back time, he will not dare to approach the police officer under the flickering lights in the club. Never.

 

On the other hand, the doe-eyed girl remained calm-postured as she just stared at the man across her. Her lower lip had this cooled blood that spurted out after the thwack she received from the muscular bastard but she doesn’t seem to mind.

 

“They have bailed, inspector Kwon. Should we let them out tonight or later at the break of dawn?”

 

Yuri shifted her gaze at the two felons under her. The man looked like a painful sight with his ripped body looking all sulking and embarrassed. She inwardly scoffed then turned her attention to the girl. She still has this stoic expression but it was a lot better than the one the man was wearing. The black pearl also noticed the cut on the younger’s lower lip and turned her focus to the cop.

 

“Just let them go.” And started walking away from the table. But before she can enter her office, the black pearl turned her head back.

 

“Clumsy..” knowing that nickname, the doe-eyed girl shift her gaze towards the lady cop.

 

“Get inside after you sign the papers.” And then slid the cold Kwon into the four-walled room.

 

Blinking, Yoona stared at the closed door briefly before turning her head towards the cop who was also agaped at the sudden call of the stunning police officer. He stared at the girl for a while and just shrugged.

 

“You’re dead.” The cop said as he handed her a paper to sign. The girl looked at him for a moment before grabbing the pen and put her signature on the required portion.

 

He looked at the ripped man beside her and met his dismayed eyes. He was too fragile to look so muscular, Yoona thought.

 

She then swerved her body away from the two men and towards the closed door from which she was not certain why she is approaching. She can just walk away from the precinct and go home but her feet seem to have a mind of her own.

 

Going in, she saw the Kwon sitting at the big office chair behind her desk whilst reading a bunch of papers. Her eyes looked up when she saw the Im getting inside and pulled herself up.

 

“Take a seat.” The black pearl commanded, which the girl willingly obeyed and settled herself on a small couch.

 

The cop shoved herself towards a small cupboard and soon located the very thing she was looking for—a first aid kit.

 

Yoona was in the middle of examining the small office space when Yuri approached her. She looked briefly through the girl’s brown orbs and then to the stuff she was carrying.

 

A first aid kit?

 

Sitting beside the Im, Yuri immediately opened the kit and looked for a clean cotton and ointment. After like a half minute of preparing the compress, Yuri looked up to the staring girl just inches away from her. She eyed the cut on the latter’s lower lip and slowly reached for it with the ointment-wet cotton when a hand suddenly stopped her wrist.

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

Yoona’s big doe-eyes looked intently at the brown orbs of the cop but the latter didn’t even look so bothered at all.

 

“What do you think?”

 

“Out of pity, perhaps? Just so you know, I don’t like being pitied.”

 

Yuri gazed at the girl’s face and there it was again—the composed look that has miseries lying behind the façade.

 

“You are too self-conceited to get a pity from me, jerk.”

 

There was a moment of silence and pure absorbed staring before Yuri finally spoke, “It is my own little way of saying thank you for what you’ve done for me at the club. Although I can handle it myself, I admit you helped me get out of it somehow so thanks.”

 

Yoona blinked and looked down, suddenly giving much attention to the messy kit lying on the gap between her and the Kwon.

 

Her stone heart suddenly fluttered at the words of appreciation. It seemed like forever since she received a compliment from a person, most importantly from a stranger. Her sister Hannah and at some point her partner Jessica were the only people who knew how to thank her with such authenticity. But now that she heard it from this raven haired lady that makes it three.

 

“And the incident in the café this morning. Although I am pretty sure I could have handled it myself once again, you helped me so thank you.” Yuri spoke.

 

What happened to her? She promised herself not to admit it out loud that the girl really helped her a lot today. But what happened? Is it because of their proximate distance? Or is it because of the fact that she can see herself through the girl’s doe-eyes?

 

“Well.. You’re an awful cop, that’s why.” Yoona finally spoke, the mocking in her voice came back—fading the stoic expression written on her face.

 

And then Yuri scoffed. She doesn’t know if what she feels is irritation at the usual tone once again or gladness that the melancholic and stoned expression on the younger’s face was replaced with the mischievous smile.

 

“Ow!” the Im’s pained intonation roared inside the cop’s office as she felt a stinging twinge on her lower lip. The Kwon hastily pressed the wet cotton on her cut with slight annoyance.

 

“You are talking to one of the best cops in Korea. Watch your words kid.” Yuri retaliated and went on applying medicine to the younger’s lip.

 

“And you’re telling me that I am arrogant? Pfft.” Yoona said, cringing once in a while as she felt the sting of the medicine on the brim of .

 

And the rest of the night was spent by the Im and the Kwon through bickering and arguing over petty things. What a way to get to know each other, eh?

 

 

***

 

 

A man garbed in a white robe just went out of a large bathroom. His hair is glistening in wetness and the wrinkles in his forehead shows that he is already an aged man. It somehow displayed all the predicaments he met during the entire journey of his life that has made him to the top. Although his posture was that of a decent man, he himself knows all too well that he is never close on being such.

 

He walked towards probably the largest king-sized bedroom ever invented. Beside it was a small table that has a bottle of red wine, a glass and a smart phone on top of it. The man deliberately got a hold of the bottle and poured its content on the goblet. But before he can grip the glass, his phone rang and he answered it on the second blink.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Sir, Kang Group of Companies had just withdrawn from the contract. CEO Kang said that it is still a risk to merge with your huge corporation, probably afraid that his stocks will not be enough to keep his share in the company.”

 

The man composedly sipped his liquor as he looked out from the huge glass window of his room. His eyes are fuming in anger but his action never showed that he was. The typical Kim Young Min.

 

“Sir?” the man over the line spoke, realizing that his boss went silent after receiving the information.

 

“Contact the killers. You know what you need to do.”

 

“But sir, Im Yoona sent us a message that she will not receive other missions until next month. Her contract is about to end after two months so she demanded so.”

 

Twitching his brow, the man hissed in attempt to muffle his anger.

 

“I don’t give a damn about that ing contract! All I want is that fickle Kang dead and I am hoping a headline about his death by the end of this week! I’ll handle about that Im after she gets the job done.”

 

“Ye-yes Sir.”

 

The line went dead and left the man glugging down the rest of his wine to travel along his sick throat. The aroma of the liquor seemed to ignite the anger building inside him that left him to speak in a toned down voice,

 

“Anyone who goes against Kim Young Min never makes it out alive. Never.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey :) Can you call this a late update? ‘Cause if it is, I apologize. Been busy with some personal matters that hindered me to post this one earlier this week. Sorry folks.

 

Anyway, Happy birthday to our dearest energy pill Lee Soonkyu! :) Unnie, I hope you’ll grow up (literally) Kekeke. Please be cheerful once again. Y’know, the jolly aegyo queen and the ever hater of Yoona’s cute voice. Seriously though, why do you hate it? It was waaay toooo adorable :D

 

Your comments, views, subscriptions and upvotes are highly appreciated by no other than—ME! Kekeke :) Thank you so much. You guys are amazing. Jjang!!

 

Keep loving SNSD and YoonYul ^^