See You Again

Catch Me If You Can

Tender touches. Gentle .

 

Jessica knew she was just dreaming. No one will actually do something as sweet as that to a mate like her. Not even the person she once loved will caress her tousled hair as softly as this. It’s just too good to be true.

 

Just then, the touches seem to be longer than just a mere reverie. It was like the person giving it is so fond of her that massaging her ed up hair is the least that she can do.

 

And the scent. Jessica never dreamed that is associated with a realistic aroma of strawberry.

Hold on..

 

Blinking her sleepy eyes, the blonde’s vision started to form an adorable fair-toned midget whose long, black hair strands have ily covered some of her left face. The small smile on the girl’s lips produced a charming dimple on her chin—making the blonde flushed at the endearing sight right in front of her.

 

“Good morning sleepy head.”

 

Now that voice seems to be existent. Hearing the cute form mutter a greeting is enough for the Jung’s sleepy consciousness to be wide awake. Really awake.

 

The ice-princess though, managed to conceal her surprise in dozy eyes and a cunning smile. She impulsively pulled the woman closer and kissed her roughly—a part of the act was to make sure that she was not hallucinating that the cop is actually right here, beside her.

 

Taeyeon was now drunk with that early morning smooch as she pulled up but she managed to get back to her senses after that.

 

“Come on pretty girl, I made breakfast.”

 

With that said, the midget got up on her feet. The blonde fully saw the shorty only wearing an over-sized white shirt and a very short shorts with her I-just-had--last-night hair that ily fell down her shoulders.

 

Jessica can only smile amazingly, thinking how she got herself a beautiful partner. She started praising herself silently as she saw Taeyeon’s stunning features showing off as she walks out of the room and how amazing the cop was in bed last night.

 

Sooo damn good..

 

With this in mind, the Jung lazily raised the upper half of her body with her legs still lying on the soft mattress. She took her time to examine the room she’s in and felt a very homey feeling on the design and shape of the place. Though, the Jung was too lazy to take in the details of the room and busied herself in thinking about the other stuff instead.

 

Why didn’t she leave just like the others?

 

Stepping out of the cop’s lair, Jessica was met with the mouth-watery aroma of pancakes and eggs from the kitchen. The dining table was just meters away from Taeyeon’s room that it didn’t take a lot of time for the Jung to get into the kitchen.

 

Taeyeon smiled at the standing Jessica. The blonde was stuck leaning against the brim of the counter as she observed the midget setting up the food on the table.

 

“Milk or coffee?”

 

The midget asked, quickly looking up at the blonde who answered ‘chocolate’ instead. This made Taeyeon show a gentle smile once again and started preparing the chocolate her maiden had just ordered.

 

“Take a seat, please. I won’t bite, I promise.”

 

The cop quickly glanced at the Jung who was now plastering a teasing smile on her lips.

 

“The marks you have left me says otherwise, you know..”

 

With this said, Taeyeon let out a friendly chuckle and walked towards the smirking blonde. She patted the Jung’s head and ruffled the messily y hair she got.

 

“I managed not to blush about your compliment. Would that be enough for you to take a seat and eat breakfast with me, pretty girl?”

 

That sounded like pleading in the blonde’s ears. The midget’s adorable puppy eyes and the girl’s cute tousling of her hair somehow sipped through the dead-cold heart of Jessica Jung.

 

“It’s Jessica.. My name is Jessica..” It amazed her that her name slipped through without hesitation. She had extended her hand for the girl to take that the latter willingly took after a second of smiling brightly.

 

“And I go by the name of Taeyeon.”

 

Shaking the petite girl’s smooth hands, Taeyeon’s amusement continued to consume the sleepiness that was left on her yet so drowsy eyes. The two of them almost never slept—waking every other hour to start devouring each other again.

 

Last night was almost heaven for the Kim. It was only the second time she made love with someone and Taeyeon cannot even sight the difference between both experiences.

 

It was just like before.. Taeyeon thought.

 

Having Jessica’s hands with her, Taeyeon lightly dragged the blonde towards the food-full table and pulled a chair for the latter to take a seat. The Jung can only observe the midget’s actions with keen, not really used with this kind of treatment from a person she had with before. It was like the first time Jessica will have breakfast with someone other than Yoona for the past four years.

 

Once the blonde was settled, Taeyeon immediately took the plateful of pancakes she made while Jessica was still deep in slumber and put some on the latter’s platter. She reached for the maple syrup across the table and poured enough serving above the brown- roasted bread. Next, Taeyeon reached for the hot chocolate she made, briefly stirred it and put it beside the plate of the petite girl. She quickly glanced at the Jung and showed a gentle smile before shoving herself in one of the stools across the table, opposite of Jessica.

 

The blonde was just silently studying the girl’s gestures. She is not a stranger to players, definitely not. What’s more is that she is called as such. So the sweet deeds such as what the midget is portraying should not be affecting her this much, right? Because she herself was doing this to others right?

 

“Thank you, by the way..”

 

The blonde’s thoughts were stirred at the unexpected gratefulness.

 

“For what?”

 

Taeyeon’s coolness suddenly faltered at the question and started to avoid the brown orbs staring at her.

 

“W-well.. Last night.. I-it was.. It was amazing..” the midget’s last words were rather rapid than her stammered ones on the first part of her statement. A small blush also crept up her milky-white cheeks and slightly cringed at the boldness of what she said.

 

Jessica was dumbfounded for a moment before her starstruck expression turned into an amused smile.

 

“Am I that good?” Jessica started, making the other girl to gaze unto her.

 

“Of course!” Taeyeon’s reply was full of certainty that her eyes glimmer in eagerness and passion.

 

The Jung could only chuckle in response and started consuming the Taeyeon-made pancakes on her plate.

 

“Well, your former playmates sure are no fun to play with..” Jessica said, putting a piece of the pancake inside .

 

“Actually.. that was only my second time..”

 

Caught off guard, Jessica stopped chewing her food and looked up to the embarrassed cop.

 

“It was?”

 

And a nod coming from the Kim. The midget pursed her lips and traced the brim of her cup with a thoughtful stare.

 

“And how I wish it was my first..”

 

With that said, Jessica was completely flabbergasted. Was she really that good in bed that Taeyeon wished she could have been the one who took away her ity?

 

“I guess I’m already revealing too much of me in this early stage. But can I ask you something, Jessica?” the astonished ice-princess looked up to the now saddened cop. Her eyes were not that bright as to what she had awhile ago.

 

“Anything.”

 

Taeyeon paused for a second. She herself couldn’t understand what’s happening to her. This blonde. This blonde is just so… magnetic. She knows how risky it is for someone as this ice-princess. Her styles are just too dangerous for a fragile-hearted like hers. She once lost a battle with a stupid heartache and almost lost herself during the struggle that getting attached to someone is nothing but a passing thought. But something about this girl makes the Kim to be pulled closer for reasons other than just pure .

 

Taeyeon knew it was something more.

 

“Will I see you again?”

 

 

***

 

 

“There. It’s done..” Yuri announced, putting away the cotton and fixing back the messy first aid materials she used.

 

The cop’s overtly-cute focused face that is coupled with furrowed brows and a small-pouting lips somehow made the doe-eyed girl to stare at her intently. And this did not go unnoticed by the tanned girl, of course.

                                                             

“Stunning view, isn’t it?”

 

Looking up, Yuri’s face is plastered with sparkling eyes and a playful smirk on her lips. She knew no one can resist her charm—not even this cocky, cute girl who always gets into her nerves.

 

But meeting Yoona’s big, doe-eyes made the cop froze in her spot instead. It was a trap covered up in a mesmerizing pair of orbs that no mortal can ever resist— not even the Yurisistable Kwon.

 

Angelic. Dazzling. Gorgeous. Goddess-like. Breath-taking. Exquisite.

 

Those were few of the descriptions that Yuri’s limited mind can tell about the girl’s features. Sure the girl was beautiful at first sight but now that she’s looking at it up close, the Kwon almost forgot that she is gawking at the girl she despised.

 

“Stunning view, isn’t it?”

 

Now those familiar words made the cop get out of her trance. The smirk on the doe-eyed girl’s lips and the mischievous curvature of her eyes brought her back to reality that this girl is still the annoying creature she is very much irritated to.

 

Scoffing with a of an eyebrow, Yuri grabbed the fixed kit and stood up to get it back to where it belonged. She can only hope the tall girl didn’t see her pinkish cheeks.

 

“You are so arrogant.” Announced the black pearl, shoving the first aid kit box into cupboard.

 

Smirking, Yoona draw an invisible line on the bridge of her nose with her index finger and eventually rested her hands on the back of her neck. She made sure to keep her eyes on the mumbling Yuri, smile still plastered on her face.

 

“You started it..”

 

The Kwon turned towards the teasing Yoona and twitched her lips at the figure. The latter could only smile in contentment that she had got into the nerves of this cutesy cop once again.

 

Yuri then walked towards her office desk and settled herself on the big office chair she had—purposely ignoring the doe-eyed girl that was seated on the couch across her. She started reading some papers and tried concentrating on her act.

 

Noticing this, Yoona then did not dare to disturb the girl further and decided to close her eyes, hands still resting on the back of her neck. She was never the type to go deeper in a normal conversation or to initiate either. So when someone goes silent, she usually goes along with it.

 

Stillness is prevailing over the two lovely ladies inside the cop’s office as the clock ticks off to mark the beginning of another day. It was already 1 in the morning but no one seemed to have the plan of calling it a day.

 

Yuri was still reading some documents and Yoona was just silently feeling the tranquility of her current surrounding with her eyes shut.

 

“It’s Yoona, right?”

 

With someone breaking her stupor, Yoona’s doe-eyes shot opened and her head unconsciously turned towards the owner of the question—who, by the way, never left her gaze on the papers she was scanning.

 

“Am I supposed to say yes?”

 

Hearing this, Yuri hastily looked up and saw that the girl she asked has this teasing aura once again. Seriously, can’t she stop?

 

“Should I answer your question?”

 

Hmm. Doing the push-and-pull huh? Bring it on.

 

“Should I answer that one or the one prior to that?”

 

“Yah. Can you answer me seriously?” the Kwon’s infamous cold tone appeared.

 

“Adding that one, which question should I answer first?” But to no avail, this did not shake the Im’s banter.

 

Dropping the papers she was analyzing, Yuri started rubbing her temples—hoping to ease the building annoyance she felt for the nth time today. She will not wonder if she’ll get hypertension plus heart attack sooner or later.

 

“Get a grip, Yuri.. Get a grip..” whispered the tanned cop to herself—yet audible enough for the Im to hear.

 

The Kwon then heard a chuckle from across the room and upon looking up, she saw Yoona’s infamous goddess-grin that no one can ever refuse to gawk at.

 

“What’s funny?”

 

Her stunning smile still plastered, Yoona answered. “You..”

 

The cop cocked an eyebrow at the reply. She’s funny?

 

“Mwo??”

 

The Im cleared before standing up.

 

“You’re funny..”

 

The reply even made the Kwon more confused than ever. What is this cute girl talking about?

 

“What are—“

 

“You really want to know my name?” Yoona asked, sliding her hands into the front pockets of her pants with both thumbs sticking out.

 

The black pearl stared at the girl for a moment, studying if the latter is in her teasing zone once again—maybe just anticipating for the right time to attack her with her antics. But much to the cop’s surprise, Yoona was looking all so serious.

 

“Perhaps..” Yuri shrugged and then went back in focusing to her greatest alibi—reading the papers on her desk.

 

It’s funny how she managed to look like studying the latter when all she did was to stare blankly at them all this time, making it as a good excuse not to stare back at the black hole right infront of her.

 

She described Yoona’s doe-eyes as the greatest black hole in the whole universe. Her neurons said that anyone who stares right through the Im’s big, doe-eyes, has no chance in turning back. It was like a gigantic er of energy and vigor that a mortal’s finite power is no match to its magnetic force. It will only leave you lifeless and inert.

 

And Yuri doesn’t want to be lifeless and inert. She’s the infamous cold Kwon who built the greatest wall a man could ever build. She doesn’t want that to fall into ruins. She doesn’t want to fall, afraid that no one will catch her.

 

“Meet me at the park where you bumped me. 8pm. Sharp. Don’t be late..”

 

There was a brief moment of silence before the two ladies heard a thud of a jaw dropping by its own. Well it was Yuri’s.

 

Seeing that the cop is more than stunned than ever, Yoona spun around and started walking towards the closed door.

 

“Y-yah clumsy! A-are you asking me o-out?” the still agaped Yuri asked, eyes widened at the unexpected move from the doe-eyed girl.

 

Smiling, Yoona turned her body to face the cop once again.

 

“You don’t want me to?” the Im challenged. Who will ever think that she never ever dated anyone with the way she smooth-talked to the Kwon?

 

Yuri blinked rapidly at the question. She slightly tilted her head to the side and started stammering again.

 

“W-well..I-I..”

 

The Im smiled, “Don’t keep me waiting. I’ll see you later..”

 

With that said, Yoona turned her body and walked towards the closed door once again. Only for this time, she was sure no one will call her name—certain that the cop will not speak a thing anymore—stunned at the startling sway over her.

 

And she was not incorrect since the very woman she smoothly asked a date with was already tight-lipped—not really sure how to retaliate with the proposition of spending another time with the person she miserably hated and liked to be with.

 

Wait? Did Yuri’s mind just say she liked being with the self-conceited doe-eyed girl?

 

No. Certainly no. Definitely no. Hell no!

 

Smirking for her yet another victory, Im Yoona went out of the cold Kwon Yuri’s office with the assurance of seeing the girl again.

 

1-0.

 

 

 

Flicker.

 

Flicker.

 

Flicker.

 

The Im sleepily batted her eyes with a pout. Her biological clock stirred her dream and easily ruined the fluttering moment of being with the cutesy police officer. She reached for her smart phone on the desk beside her table and looked for the time.

 

8:11

 

Looks like someone have overslept. Yoona usually wakes up as early as 5 in the morning but today is a shocker. She never overslept unless she had a good night sleep for some exuberant reasons. And she never had pleasurable reasons for years already.

 

Does it mean Yuri actually made her happy last night that it gave her a very long, pleasurable sleep?

 

Raising her body up and setting her foot to the cold floor while leaning both of her palms on the brim of the soft mattress, Yoona stared blankly at nothing for a moment before her lips cracked into a thoughtful smile.

 

She shook her head at her own silliness after remembering what happened last night.

 

She herself was totally amazed at how amazing she can negotiate a date with someone as difficult as Kwon Yuri. Yoona knew that the cop will never be an easy girl, considering her temper and mood swings. But maybe that’s what made her want to see her again.

 

The Kwon’s unpredictable actions and her unique personality shines bright like a diamond in the dark, isolated world of the Im. The doe-eyed girl was sure that she was like a half-melted candle ready to be thawed out by her weak and little candle light that almost never illuminated her miserable, putrid life. She was ready to meet the world’s most cruel punishment for a sinner like her but after meeting the cop and being with her for the time being, Yoona was starting to think of a way to escape. To escape from the reality she’s facing.

 

Breaking away from the thoughts, Yoona stood up and went out of her room. She deliberately walked towards her partner’s lair since she disappeared last night at the club. Jessica could have been searching for her like crazy since she was never the type to go with other persons other than the blonde.

 

But much to her surprise, the Jung was not in her room. The bed was still neat and smoothly arranged, indicating that the messy blonde neither slept on the bed nor went home last night.

 

After a split second of thinking, Yoona figured out where her partner could be. She should not be surprised.

 

The Im then lazily walked towards the kitchen as she thought about her partner’s whereabouts and what herself can eat without Jessica cooking for her.

 

The blonde had fulfilled her hormones once again, that’s for sure. Yoona thought.

 

The doe-eyed girl opened the fridge and looked for something to eat. She grabbed the half-consumed milk and then opened the cupboard above the refrigerator to get the box of cereal Jessica hid. She doesn’t want to see Yoona eating a cereal for breakfast, wanting for the girl to have a good, heavy meal to start a day since she was too skinny.

 

But for today’s case, the Im will be eating the processed wheat to fulfill her starving stomach. Not that she cared, though. She likes eating instant food.

 

“Oops! Who said you can eat that?”

 

Just in time that the deer popped up her head out of the cabinet, the missed Jung’s voice echoed throughout the kitchen.

 

“There you are..” Yoona answered as she close the cupboard. She walked towards the table and laid the supposed breakfast she got.

 

“I bought you breakfast, babe. Now put those junks away and eat this one..” Jessica quickly raised the paper bag of bacon and bread she got on the way to their shared condominium before putting the food on the counter (which Yoona immediately peeled off by the way).

 

“Another night with a stranger, huh?” the Im asked, already munching the breakfast Jessica had bought her.

 

Settling herself on the chair across the doe-eyed girl, the blonde spoke, “Well, she’s not that unfamiliar..”

 

The statement made the eating girl look up from her food.

 

“What do you mean not that unfamiliar? Do I know this person?”

 

Jessica thought for a moment if she should tell Yoona about the person she was with last night. But the Jung was more curious as to what made her pause in telling Yoona about Taeyeon. What’s there to hide, anyway?

 

“You already saw her once..”

 

The Im furrowed her eyebrow at the guessing game they did not intend to do.

 

“Let me take a guess. It’s the cop we saw through the monitors the other day, isn’t it?”

 

Jessica’s jaw literally dropped at the accurate presumption of her partner. Wah. Now the blonde really believes that her partner is more than just a pretty face.

 

“O-o-otteoke a-arasso?” the blonde stuttered, flushed and eyes widened for her partner’s precise guess.

 

Yoona only shrugged and continued munching her bread and bacon.

 

“I just thought you’ll really find and hit that police officer the moment you saw her through the monitors.. Guess I’m right..”

 

The Jung shook her head and smiled. Yoona is really her favorite dongsaeng for a lot of reasons. And maybe this is just one of the millions she had.

 

“How was it?”

 

The Jung stared at the Im for a while, thinking how she should answer the question. Normally, the blonde would explicitly tell Yoona how good and awesome her session with her mate was. She would even boast how the love making was so amazing with her being the dominant.

 

But today is different. Jessica is feeling anxious and less confident compared to other days she had. Just what happened to the bragging player that the Jung was?

 

“Well.. I-it was awesome..” the ice-princess looks so not an ice-princess as of the moment as she spoke. She was like the child Elsa who was afraid of doing anything that could harm the people around her—the only thing is, Jessica is troubled of something she doesn’t understand.

 

“You look like you actually screwed it up, you know.” Yoona continued eating her breakfast when she spoke.

 

She has a point. Jessica really does look like she failed in her ‘awesomeness’ this time.

 

The Jung was about to retaliate—wanting to defend herself and maintain her image as the greatest player of all time infront of this mocking doe-eyed girl—when a beep was suddenly heard coming from her room.

 

Jessica and Yoona quickly glanced at each other with all seriousness—the snickering about the last topic was long forgotten as their attention was now directed to the unexpected beep. They are not supposed to hear that sound until next month so hearing it right now is no joke.

 

Another mission was sent right after accomplishing one just few days back—surely not a funny prank for the two hired killers who was sure that their employer never gives them assignments as immediate as this. Or do they?

 

The two ladies then decided to walk in the room of the Jung and go see for themselves what the beep was all about—with shikshin Yoona abandoning her most precious food for this crap mission.

 

“Kang Joon Hae—Chief executive officer of Kang Group of Companies—a huge corporation that seconds the KYM Industry in terms of stock sales and demand; withdrew from the contract he and Kim Young Min had talked to…” Jessica uttered the information flashed right infront of the big computer monitor she has.

 

Her eyes delicately wandered and studied the details of the mission with a growing idea in her mind how she and Yoona can get the job done once again—flawlessly like ever.

 

“Addendum, and I quote, “I want that fickle Kang dead and I am hoping a headline about his death by the end of this week “.. Kim Young Min..” the Jung said, looking up to her partner beside her who has been silent for a while now.

 

“What do you think?” Jessica asked.

 

Yoona was crossing her arms across her chest as she reads their next mission intently.

 

“I told them I’ll not receive any assignments till next month but they still did. Kim Young Min really never knew how to act on his words..” Yoona muttered.

 

The computer wizard looked back to the computer monitor infront of her before speaking, “That man is not a man of action, Yoong. You should have known better. And look, it’s Saturday morning. Meaning, we should accomplish this mission tonight or else.. I don’t know..”

 

And the man was surely not. He never really was from the very beginning. His filthy, ambitious, evil ways are too scary that it is always a risk to talk things out with him. He’s just so unpredictable.

 

There was silence that engulfed Yoona and Jessica as they stared at the computer screen with much concentration. It is one of their strategies not to accept missions consecutively so that the deaths of their victims would not all go down to them as the primary suspects, having more than one murder case in a row. But considering the date as well as reading the postscript Kim Young Min has left, they sure have no choice but to perform it tonight.

 

However, although they are occupied thinking about the sudden task given to them, they are also much bothered about their own personal plans for the weekend. The two of them have set important meetings with the cops who are bound to seize them if ever and if tonight they will be doing their assignment, it will gain them a very slim possibility of meeting the gorgeous police officers once again.

 

A hormonal session with Taeyeon.

 

A meet-for-your-name date with Yuri.

 

Now that they’ve come to this point, they are only left asking themselves quietly as the reality of who they really are sipped in back to their minds—partially forgetting the job given to them and focusing themselves into pondering about the cops they have promised to meet with.

 

Will I see her again?

 

_______________________________________________________

A/N: I’m still sick but I somehow managed to finish this chap. I’m sorry for the inconvenience guys and for the errors in this update. I didn’t proofread. Tell me your thoughts about this one and belated Happy Birthday to Yoona-unnie! You’re the inspiration for all YA’s around the globe.

 

Okay bye. I hope I get well soon, though. I missed being healthy -_- Fighting! ^^