A Jog at the Park

Catch Me If You Can

It has been two days since the mission in MyungYeong Hotel happened. Everything went back to normal (like every after mission) for the duo hired killers. Or was it?

 

Jessica went back to being her usual self—the player Sica. It’s only been 2 days but her partner was sure there were at least five people (male and female) she saw exchanging saliva with the blonde—in the couch of their condominium—one at a time.

 

Just the other night, Yoona caught the blonde ing something inside one of the girls she brought when she happened to come down from her room to get some chips in the kitchen. She was sure it was 1 am in the morning but the Jung sure paid no attention about the clock for she was too occupied ing the girl under her.

 

“Aaahhh!! Jessi please!!! More!!! Aaaaahhh!!” screamed the lady.

 

“Impatient, huh?? Relax. I’ll make sure you can’t walk for days.” Replied the blonde seductively as she continued pounding hard inside the girl’s entrance.

 

The doe-eyed girl should be puking all of what she had for dinner that night after seeing how dirty her partner and the girl have gone. But since it has been freaking four years of seeing scenarios like this almost everyday, she has gotten used to it. Too used that seeing Jessica having with girls (and boys) is like watching little kids playing around.

 

The doe-eyed girl even managed to walk pass the two -ing ladies and go to the kitchen with her usual expression.

 

“Oh. Hi, Yoong!” Jessica popped her head up from the couch to greet her dongsaeng who had just passed them.

 

The younger just waved at her casually and grabbed her chips from the kitchen’s cabinet.

 

“How’s life down there?” the Im asked, leaning against the counter while gulping the glass of milk she got from the fridge.

 

Jessica looked up from the girl’s entrance and smiled evilly.

 

“It’s sooo good down here, Yoong. Want to try??” and wiggled her brows at the younger girl—polluting the latter’s mind with her actions even more.

 

The girl crumpled her face with the suggested idea and shook her head in disgust. She walked by them again—still hearing the moans on the couch—and headed towards the stairs.

 

“By the way Sica, when you’re done, clean up the couch. There’s a towel in the bathroom. You know where you can find it.”

 

Those were the last words that Yoona remembered saying before going up to her room and shutting the whole world with her music and video games.

 

Now that’s how Yoona defined normal. If Jessica was out there playing with fire, she’s playing nothing but video games and the songs in her mp3 player alone in her room. But no. She’s not the emo type. Hell no. It’s just that this is her way of drifting away from the realities of her life and through this; she can momentarily forget that she is a murderer.

 

A heinous, filthy, brutal murderer who never knows mercy in the eyes of everyone. But Yoona knew herself all too well. She knows why she ended up like this and no one would ever understand her (well, maybe Jessica) why she signed up for this kind of job.

 

For today, the Im decided to get out of her cage and welcome the sunrays to touch her milky-white skin. Although skinny, Yoona is fond of taking care of her body and health so a jog every once in a while will do. And that once in a while is today.

 

Walking out from her room, Yoona paced down the stairs and saw that the living room was still empty. She’s not surprised—Jessica is an infamous Sleeping Beauty. It was still 6 in the morning so the ice-princess is still pretty much knocked out in her bed right now.

 

Wearing an Eider sportswear, which is her personal favorite, Yoona took a last look in the vast condominium and stepped out of the door—ready to start her day with an exercise.

 

 

***

 

 “Come here you little brat!” a man’s voice is echoing through the dark place. A little tanned girl is more than afraid just hearing the man’s deep voice that has a hint of anger and force in his tone.

 

Her little feet started running away—away from the voice maybe. But the more she runs away; the voice becomes closer and closer.

 

“You can’t run away from me, you fool!! Wahahaha!” there’s that voice once again, resounding all throughout the place.

 

Tears have flowed down her cheeks now. Her tanned face is soaked and even with her vigorous attempt to rub it off, tears won’t just stop dropping.

 

“Go away!! Please!! Just go away!!” screamed the little girl with all her might. But the man continued mocking her with his most evil laugh that made the poor girl cry even more.

 

“Please!! Just go away!” covering her ears, the little girl’s sobs turned out to be quiet whispers of plead.

 

“Go. Please.” Whispered the girl once again—this time weaker than the other plead she had.

 

“Yuri-yah!” a well-known voice of a woman added in the dark place, making the girl turn her head. But to no avail, there was no one there.

 

“Unnie??”

 

“Yuri-yah!!” the voice repeated and the girl tried to search for the owner of the voice.

 

“Unnie!! Where are you??! Unnie!!” the little tanned girl screamed at the top of her lungs as she twisted her head back and forth, left to right, just so she could find the unnie she was referring to.

 

“Yuri—No! Get off me!! No!” the voice suddenly cried out, making the little tanned girl panic.

 

“Unnie!! Unnie what’s going on?!” anxious, the little girl screamed. She wanted to know what’s going on with her unnie but it’s not helping that there was no one there but her.

 

“Unnieeee!! Unniee!!”

 

“Yuri-yah!! Go! Run away from here!! Please go!” the voice pleaded.

 

“Fool! After I’m done with you, your sister will be next! Running away will be no help. Wahaha!” the deep voice of the man retaliated, echoing through the dark place the little tanned girl was located.

 

“Yuri-yah! Unnie will be alright! Just go, my dongsaeng. Go!”

 

“No unnie!! I’m not going anywhere without you! No!”

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

“Unnie no!!!”

 

A panting black pearl abruptly shot up from her slumber. Her forehead is glistening with sweat and her chest moves up and down—obviously lacking of air throughout her sleep.

 

There’s that dream again. Yuri thought.

 

She looked around and found herself inside her room, curtains still down. She sighed weakly after realizing that she was just dreaming and none of those were real. Perhaps.

 

The black pearl stared at nothingness for a minute, thinking about the dream she just had. It has been years since she stopped dreaming relating her painful past that dreaming it now is like the life out of her. She convinced herself that she had moved on. Yes she did. But this dream appearing once again is like going back to the time when everything is just plain dead.

 

Her mind. Her heart. Her soul. Everything. It felt like going back to that night where everything changes for the black pearl.

 

Standing up, Yuri went to shower for a morning bathe. It’s not her routine to eat breakfast at home so taking a bath is the next necessary thing to do. Like the usual healthy kid that she is, she will be preparing herself to have a jog around the city.

 

As a cop, she has to stay safe and sound especially that most of the time, she’s in the field to seize criminals. She can’t be weak and sick when her job requires her otherwise. She needs to stay fit and strong all the time.

 

Fighting, Kwon Yuri! She silently cheered herself up.

 

Finally, she’s ready to go running. Tying up her shoe lace before stepping out of her door, Yuri reminded herself to visit the coffee shop she happened to pass by the other week. The place has a home-like interior and its ambiance gives her the feeling of being in an ancestor’s house—full of good and everlasting memories.

 

The tanned girl will visit it today and taste the goodies that the shop was offering. Taeyeon also said that the coffee shop has one of the most delicious Ma juice in town so maybe checking it out after her run might help her compare the place’ Ma juice and the one she makes at home. The girl is a self-proclaimed Ma juice expert so tasting the coffee shop’s drink will not hurt her ego, right?

 

And with this, she went.

 

 

***

 

One, two.

 

One, two.

 

One, two.

 

One, two.

 

The unbelievably two-numbered mantra of the doe-eyed girl quietly annoyed her neurons inside her brain as it has been an hour since their master began jogging but never even just in a minute that the doe-eyed girl altered this chant. Although her brain cells are used to this kind of behavior from their owner, they are both irritated and hurt for the meanings behind these numbers. They knew that every after their master Yoona utter each number, she would let them process the raw information that she’s currently thinking.

 

One. One pair of filthy hands burdened with the bloods of the innocent people that I have killed so that I can save a life.

 

Two. Two more months before my contract with Kim Young Min ends and perhaps my last two months to live.

 

Her neurons were beyond irritated, knowing that their master is unintentionally hurting them with the facts that she had in mind. Well, they can’t blame Yoona. They are there to serve for her and give her what she needs as a rational and thinking person—just as Yoona is to her contracted party; giving them the service they need in return for the benefits they give to the doe-eyed girl.

 

A painful reality. Her neurons said in unison.

 

THUD!

 

“Ugh.” A cold groan was picked up by the doe-eyed girl. She was stuck in staring at the pavement while running (as her neurons discuss the one-two mantra she was repeating inside her head) that she didn’t notice a person also coming her way.

 

She widened her eyes when she realized that a lady, who is as age as her, had fallen on her and was now slightly grimacing the pain at the hard ground.

 

“Shoot. I am so sorry. Are you okay?” Yoona greeted, a little worry visible on her face while extending her hand to the -hurt girl.

 

But instead of taking her stretched out hand, the girl under the doe-eyed girl gave the latter the most fearful glare she could give to anyone. They stayed like that for a moment before the -hurt girl stood up and dusted off her jogging pants.

 

“You’re sorry will not help, Miss. Too clumsy.” the girl said, turning her gaze to the doe-eyed girl infront of her. She has the cold and calm expression that anyone would be terrified staring at.

 

But Yoona was left staring at the girl. Her irritated neurons started screaming in joy, remembering the figure who is standing right in front of their master—forgetting about the unkind tone of the girl. The neurons started lighting the fireworks inside Yoona’s cerebrum that if it was loud enough, the girl opposite Yoona could have heard it.

 

Eureka! Eureka! It’s her! It’s her! Her neurons screamed in unison.

 

The doe eyes are glimmering in fascination as if what she’s seeing is the most precious gem in the whole universe. She examines every feature the tanned lady has infront of her. From her eyes, nose, lips. Yoona believed it was all too perfect for a mortal to be as mesmerizing as this tanned lady and she can’t believe her eyes. Is this really the person she saw through the monitor two days ago?

 

And Yuri is being engulfed in irritation. The girl had just stood there staring at her. She assumed that fear and intimidation is overcoming the latter right now after she shot her most deadly glare—just like any other person would do. She knew people all too well that—

 

“I am not clumsy!” the younger girl suddenly blurted out, retaliating on the mean attitude the girl has showed her.

 

Don’t answer her that way! It will ruin your image! Her neurons cried. Their owner is ruining her innocent image that she can use to get this girl fall for her.

 

Be gentle, master Yoong! Be the smooth talker that you are! Another set of neurons screamed.

 

“You’re the clumsy one. You’re too occupied staring down the ground that you didn’t notice me. Are you blind?” Yoona added.

 

*Neurons—face palmed in unison*

 

Agape, Yuri scoffed irritatingly. This milky-white doe-eyed girl is getting the hell out her. The cool Kwon is getting heated up.

 

“Relax, Kwon Yuri. She’s just a girl. Just a clumsy girl. Relax.” The kkab Yuri convinced herself, breathing abruptly to ease her anger.

 

So Kwon Yuri is her name.

 

“Look, kid. I don’t have time for this and you—“

 

“Then why are you still talking to me if you don’t have time for this.... ahjumma?”

 

Hearing this, Yuri widened her eyes in surprise. No one ever called her an ahjumma. And heck, her Kwon abs is too hot and y for an ahjumma.

 

“What?! Ha! I’m not an ahjumma, you brat! Can’t you see how young I look?”

 

“Pfft. Your temper tells me you are.” The younger girl retaliated, cocking an eyebrow in the process.

 

She didn’t know why but she feels good seeing this Kwon Yuri fuming in anger. She is way different to the woman she saw through the monitor—the cool and cold police officer. Right now, Yoona sees a new different side of Yuri and she didn’t know that she’s the first one (besides Taeyeon) to see this kind of the tanned girl.

 

“Wha—Yuri, relax. Breathe. Yes breathe. She’s just a kid, Yuri. Just a kid.” The black pearl rubbed her temples and closed her eyes in attempt to cool building anger down. This girl is definitely pushing her to the edge.

 

And Yoona smiled. It was a smile of amusement and awe at how the girl this stunning has this cute and dork side within her. Seeing the girl talk to herself to calm her anger down is beyond cute for the killer and she cannot wait to get to know the girl better.

 

Just then, Yuri opened her eyes and exhaled, only to see the girl smiling at her. It was the kind of smile that can brighten up the earth if the sun runs out of sunrays that Yuri finds it welcoming and warm. She can look at this smile forever.

 

Wait, what? What are you saying Kwon Yuri?

 

“You are weird. A very beautiful weirdo.” There’s that smile again. Yuri tried to mask her blush with an irritated look and a frowning face.

 

“Mwo?!”

 

Yoona laughed and Yuri almost collapsed, showing her alligator laugh to the black pearl.

 

“I’ll go now, Miss Weirdo. Try looking up when you’re running. You’ll miss what’s in the way.” The doe-eyed girl winked and smirked at the fuming girl infront of her. She started jogging once again with a winning smile playing on her lips, leaving a certain black pearl fuming in anger and irritation.

 

Gosh. She feels like Jessica’s ways are rubbing into her.

 

“What the?! Ha! YAH! Aish!” Yuri scoffed, completely feeling lost and annoyed on how the doe-eyed girl easily pushed her to the edge; easily made her angry; easily destroyed the cold image she built for years; and easily walked away that instead of fear, the girl left with a smile.

 

And it’s not easy to do such things to the infamous distant and cold Kwon Yuri.  

 

 

***

 

 

“Good morning! Welcome to First Meetings Coffee Shop where first meetings are wonderful memories to remember!” the cashier happily exclaimed after seeing that a customer had just entered their place.

 

The once fuming Kwon showed a warm smile to the cashier who has this cute little smile that matches her cute height. Sunny, says its nameplate and Yuri mentally noted the name since she thinks she’ll be fine visiting this café every once in a while. It’s good to familiarize the place’ attendants if she will be a regular here.

 

“Hi. I heard you serve Ma juice here.” The Kwon said, looking at the girl who kept wearing a smile throughout her face.

 

“Oh yes ma’am. It’s one of the most-ordered drinks in our café. Would you like to have one?”

 

“Oh yes, please” smiled the Kwon, as she dug up her wallet on her side-pocket and give Sunny her pay afterwards.

 

“That would be a 5-minute wait, Miss….”

 

“Yuri. Kwon Yuri.”

 

Sunny smiled, finally getting the name of their new customer. Yuri smiled back and nodded. She thinks it is good meeting new people around the city. But remembering the girl she met in the park while running, she’s a little bit hesitant.

 

Sitting in one of the seats near the door and adjacent the clear glass window, Yuri finally took a good inhale of air after that hour long jog and a 3-minute annoying talk with a beautiful stranger.

 

Wait. Did she just say beautiful stranger? That rude girl?

 

Yuri sighed, calming herself once again as the memories of a certain doe-eyed girl flashes in her mind. Seriously, not even Taeyeon had talked to her that way. The girl was just too clumsy and arrogant and impolite and cute. Wait, what?

 

The calming tanned girl then decided to shift her gaze to the view outside the window—trying to stop her trains of thought about the girl. It has this knowing scene of the busy city of Seoul—concrete pavements, rushing people, travelling automobiles. It was still 7 in the morning but everything in the urban is already at its peak of business. Something that Yuri has grown into especially that being a police officer means being the earliest person to wake up and the last figure to go home just so to secure the city’s safety.

 

“Good morning! Welcome to First Meetings Coffee Shop where first meetings are wonderful memories to remember!” Sunny announced, making the tanned girl stir her attention towards the cashier who still has this bright expression on her face.

 

I hope I can be that cheerful. Yuri suddenly thought, a sad lopsided smile appeared on her lips.

 

“Hi, Sunny!”

 

And then her eyes landed on the person who greeted the cashier Sunny. It was a tall, skinny girl who has this long black hair falling gracefully on her shoulder. She actually feels familiar to the figure but then shrugged it off when Sunny’s gaze turned towards her.

 

“Oh, there she is. That Ma juice is for that beautiful lady over there, Hyo.” The short cashier pointed, instructing the waitress named Hyoyeon to give the holding drink to a certain tanned girl.

 

With this said, the attention of a particular doe-eyed girl was turned towards the direction where her favorite cashier had pointed.

 

Eyes widen. Jaw dropped. And one lopsided smirk.

 

“YOU?!” Yoona and Yuri exclaimed in unison. The tanned girl scoffed in annoyance once again while the younger girl smirked in amusement.

 

“You know each other, Yoona?” Sunny the cashier asked her regular customer, knowing that the girl never came with a friend before other than a blonde.

 

“Kind of..” the doe-eyed girl replied, smirking at the tanned girl who is now glaring at her from her seat.

 

“You’re a stalker, aren’t you? Following me around wherever I go.” Yoona teased, making the girl infuriate more.

 

“It’s too good to be true, Miss.” hissed the girl with a cocked eyebrow, now with a composed expression. She can’t afford to lose her temper in the public—especially not when the only reason why she came to the place was to taste the ever healthy Ma juice.

 

“Here’s your order Ma’am. Enjoy the special Ma juice.” Hyoyeon the waitress beamed, earning a small smile and a nod from the tanned girl. She then carried on in sipping her drink and turned her gaze towards the view outside the café.

 

Yoona smiled once again, leaning her arms on the counter while her eyes stuck unto the black pearl who is obviously pissed off right now.

 

Did I go over board?

 

“You’re so mean.” She then heard a danshin’s voice speak. Turning her head, she looked at Sunny curiously.

 

“What do you mean, mean?”

 

“She was wearing a warm smile when she came here but you have ruined her mood. Thanks to you.” Sunny snickered, wanting to instill guilt to the younger girl. But the Im doesn’t seem to care and just smiled.

 

“What? She’s cute when she’s angry.” Yoona smirked, earning a smack on the forehead from the short cashier.

 

“Oww!”

 

“That’s for pissing off my customer. What’s your order?”

 

Just then, a broad man entered the coffee shop a little too abrupt—gaining the attention of all the people inside especially those of the professional fighters.

 

“Good morning! Welcome to—“

 

“Get down!! All of you!” suddenly exclaimed the man, pointing a pistol to Sunny and the rest of the customers inside.

 

Two pairs of eyes suddenly became on the alert, their previous emotions disappeared—now all serious and mindful of what will be the next things that could happen. But Yoona and Yuri made sure to compose themselves as much as possible. What do you expect from trained individuals like them?

 

“I said get down!” the man said, suddenly pointing his gun up and triggering it; making a very loud sound of bang inside the area—and a hole in the roof of the place.

 

This made the people inside to panic and scream, getting down their tables and seats. Sunny’s yelped was heard and Hyoyeon’s curse became audible as the two café attendants get into their knees under the counter. Yet two still figures stayed as they were. The one silently sipping her Ma juice on the corner while the other leans herself to the counter calmly, not minding if the taunting man was just inches away from her.

 

“Where’s the cashier? Give me the money! All of it!” the robber cried, turning his head to find the short Sunny. But he paused when he saw a woman still standing in the midst of his threats.

 

“You! Didn’t you hear me?! I said get down!” the man exclaimed once again, his gun now pointing firmly at the Im.

 

But instead of a panic, Yoona stood there with an arrogant and sloppy look—gaining attention from the man and a certain Kwon who was simply observing the current scenario.

 

“You know, you are stupid.” Yoona stated nonchalantly, making the robber agape and Kwon Yuri gaze at her unbelievably.

 

“What?!”

 

“You see, you can rob something higher than just a simple cafe. A bank? A mall? A grocery store, perhaps? I don’t know. But seriously dude, a coffee shop? You decided to rob a coffee shop? Tsk tsk. Stupid tactic, there.” The Im said as-a-matter-of-factly, shaking her head on the process.

 

This made the man fume in anger and widen his eyes in surprise. This lady is too overconfident for a girl.

 

“!”

 

He hastily raised his gun, ready to hit the girl who still has this casual look on her face, but a sudden click of a gun and a husky voice of a black pearl came into the rescue.

 

“I will not do it if I were you.” Roared the infamous line that the cold Kwon usually says when she had trapped a criminal.

 

The man turned his head towards the black pearl behind him while the doe-eyed girl smirked contentedly. Yuri is now pointing her hand-sized revolver towards the robber and shook her head lightly after she saw the sly smile on the deer’s lips.

 

Such a clumsy girl.

 

Getting this as an opportunity, Yoona hastily grabbed the man’s hand which was holding the gun and twisted it—letting the pistol fall from his grip. She then gave him one fistful blow on the face that surely made his world spin for a moment—making him stumble backwards and then to the hands of the Kwon cop.

Yuri immediately twisted the man’s hands to his back and handcuffed him with her chain she always bring with her even when jogging. She intentionally looked up and saw the playful smirk on the doe-eyed girl’s lips but didn’t respond though.

 

“Now did you say I was clumsy?” Yoona asked, crossing her arms across her chest, making the Kwon scoff at her even more. Just right now, she kept it to herself.

 

Not bad for a clumsy girl.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey guys. I know that somehow we all know about the Yuri dating-thing now and that honestly shook me. It took me a month or two before getting over Yoona’s dating news with LSG last year. Idk how long will it be for Yuri now. I’ve been a trooper since 2012, the same year I became a Sone and fell in love with SNSD, so it kinda upsets me. But I think YY and the rest of the girls had grown to be rational and matured women who have the right to choose people they think they deserved. I still believe in YY though that’s why I managed to finish this chapter. And don’t worry, I think I will not stop writing YoonYul stories in AFF. My other YY fanfic Why is already on the process. I think I’ll update soon on that one. For now, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was short and I apologize for the errors. I didn't proofread it. Thanks though for checking this one out guys.

 

SNSD fighting! YY jjang! :) (that’s a sad smile)