In Time

Catch Me If You Can

 

 

Foundation?

 

Check.

 

Lipstick?

 

Check.

 

Bleach blonde hair?

 

Check.

 

Overly transparent sleeves and -fitting trousers?

 

Check and check.

 

Im ‘the newly transformed’ Yoona is now ready to guise herself as the badass chick who will silently slaughter one unfaithful man who was never steadfast on his words.

 

After the looong hours of strategizing the best scheme to execute mission: ‘I want fickle Kang dead’, the doe-eyed killer and her partner blonde came up with an entirely different way to kill their assignment.

 

They were never the type to use undercover in getting their missions done that the duo themselves find it amazing that they decided on something that is outside their comfort zones—especially to the never sociable Im.

 

Even more, it was Yoona’s idea to use this façade. Quite surprising for the ice-princess who never really thought that her partner would suggest and agree to such kind of plan.

 

Nevertheless, the mission must go on.

 

The hired killers spent their entire Saturday afternoon on dying Yoona’s hair and plotting their entrance and escape plans after Jessica made sure to hack the security data base of the place where CEO Kang will be going tonight.

 

“Are you ready, Yoong?”

 

The computer wizard asked, coming out of her room to check on her partner who was busy scrutinizing herself through the mirrors.

 

“I don’t really have a choice, you know..” answered the girl who glanced at the mirror for the last time before turning her attention on the small, blue purse resting beside the mirror.

 

Jessica smiled at the remark. How could she throw such words when she herself suggested the idea of it?

 

Yoona started rummaging through the undersized bag to check whether the important tools she needed are already inside the pocket.

 

“You sure you don’t want to bring with you a gun? A barreta maybe? Or a handy pistol?”

 

“No. I don’t need those.”

 

The Im finally looked up and saw the other blonde leaning herself against the frame of her door whilst staring at her.

 

“You look hot, Yoona.”

 

The receiver of the compliment stared back at the Jung, only to see a sly smirk on the girl’s lips—probably at the sight of her partner’s overflowing feistiness.

 

“You can never get under my pants, Sica. I am saving this for marriage.” The hot Im walked pass the leaning Jessica towards the living room.

 

“Psshh. Don’t you remember the days you almost gave it up on me, Yoong? Aigoo.”

 

Hearing this, Yoona turned her body back a little too abrupt.

 

“Shut up!” and a deadly glare that gained a chuckle from the Jung.

 

Yoona vividly recalled that day but never really brought it out ever since because she believed that what almost happened was only an involuntary drive caused by too much depression and anxiety she felt during that time. And it was not something she was proud of doing.

 

BESIDES! Their mission is what they should focus right now—not that stupid memory she never wanted to go back into.

 

“Get your head on the game, Sica. This is not the right time to talk .” Yoona continued, walking to the table in the middle of the living room and put a pen and a white handkerchief inside her purse that were resting on the latter.

 

Jessica’s melodious laugh roared inside the condominium that was once filled with silence and all-seriousness that Yoona always produced.

 

Ruffling her partner’s hair from the back, the Jung spoke. “You’re no fun. Loose a bit babe. You’re supposed to be the hot chick who is willing to talk and play dirty tonight. Why don’t you do some practice with me?”

 

“I don’t need to practice on how to talk and play dirty, Sica..” Yoona spun her body back to face Jessica, “..because I know I can do it best even with my eyes closed..”

 

The short blonde could only smirk at the remark. The confidence and conviction in Yoona’s voice assured her that her partner can easily pull this guise off in a perfect, smooth way—just like what she did to their previous missions.

 

With that said, the Im walked towards the room of Jessica and saw that the computer screens are also beyond ready to accompany her for tonight’s assignment. Her partner once again made sure to get access of all the CCTV cameras scattered throughout the building where their target is about to go tonight and readied some of her secret algorithms if ever she needed to scythe things in cases of emergency.

 

“Okay. The plan..” Yoona crossed her arms across her chest and waited for her partner to spit out the words.

 

Jessica walked smoothly towards her computer monitors and sat on the big, office chair she had infront of her babies.

 

“Alright.. Let’s get this rolling.”

 

 

 

***

 

 

“Hey..”

 

The ever occupied Kwon Yuri looked up after hearing the voice she is always accustomed. She doesn’t even need to guess as to who the culprit is.

 

“Hey Taeng..”

 

The short cop curtly smiled before shutting the door closed behind her.

 

“I just finished arranging the criminal cases filed in our station for the entire first month that we were here.”

 

Yuri nodded.

 

This has just been one of the may other busy days for the two high ranking cops in the Seoul Police Department.

 

After their short night out and getting acquainted with new faces—Yoona and Jessica respectively—the two cops are back in their jam-packed paper works. Both of them are doing office and field works in the police department—no wonder why in the short period of time they’ve been there, they have gained an integral status in the police sector.

 

“Out of the 129 that were recorded, 98 were considered case closed and 15 are currently going into court trials. They said it is a quite impressive record in the history of Seoul Police Department’s solved cases and never did they had a record that is almost as flawless as this..”

 

The black pearl had this thoughtful look plastered on her face after hearing Taeyeon’s statement.

 

“Oh come on Yul, don’t tell me this is still not good as you think it is. We are making history here!”

 

The short cop was making hand gestures to emphasize her point. Fair enough, Taeyeon had a point. They have been making history since they were moved to the SPD.

 

Let’s see.

 

The first females who have ranked the highest in the police department since the late   Superintendent Lee Young In died after a shootout in a drug raid in Sam-cheon district; the first female cops who have caught the most number of plaintiffs—overriding the records men cops have done; the youngest female cops to be ranked as two of the upper officials in the hierarchy of the police department.

 

Okay. Taeyeon really has a point.

 

“I know that, Taeng. But we have a lot more big things to think about other than just those small achievements we made..”

 

The Kim lightened up at the remark of her chingoo, “What? Things like a-date-for-a-name?”

 

Yuri lightly scoffed on the mention of the ‘thing’ and shook her head with a smile.

 

“Look who’s talking.” The black pearl retorted.

 

“At least I had my girl’s name..” Taeyeon boasted.

 

My girl’s name?? What?? You two are now an item or something??”

 

Taeyeon grinned at the thought. Although her relationship with Jessica is yet far from being called as such, she is already in the hopes that the blonde will think about them like that in time—even though they have only met and hooked up once.

 

“Not yet. But we will get there soon.” The Kim nodded on her own statement.

 

The Kwon could only roll her eyes at the dreaming Taeyeon sitting on the chair opposite her desk.

 

“Just be careful, Taeyeon-ah. I don’t want to see you wasted again just because of a girl.”

 

With that said, the Kim was left hanging on her words.

 

Yuri was right. She should be careful.

 

She once suffered one of the greatest lost she had in her life when they were in college and Taeyeon was for sure on the brink of jumping off the Han River if it was not because of Yuri’s presence.

 

The two had seen the worst days of the both of them happening right infront of their eyes and Taeyeon thinks that maybe it was because of this that their friendship is stronger than family. That is why, Taeyeon and Yuri are always in each other’s backs to make sure that both of their fragile hearts are still in good shape.

 

“I will, Umma.”

 

Yuri once again rolled her eyes. Now that is starting to be a routine for her.

 

“You too, okay?”

 

Hearing this, the tanned cop’s head perked up. “Me? Pfft. What is there to be careful about?”

 

“Oh come on, Yul.. Your name-for-a-date with that tall, gorgeous lady you hated? I mean, out of all the mightiest and bravest and handsomest—“

 

“That’s not even a word—“

 

“..guys who asked you out, you my friend was swiped off right through your feet by a girl. Yup. A wip. Like, WAPISH!” Taeyeon made had gestures once again to add weight to her statement.

 

Yuri lightly scoffed with a grin. She? The ever feared and cold Kwon Yuri?? Swiped by a girl?? Hell no!

 

“I want to laugh ‘cause you sound funny but I don’t want you to assume that what you’re saying is true so I’ll keep mum..”

 

“Because it’s definitely true, Yul! I mean, Yoo Ah In oppa, Taeyang, that Minho who looked like a chicken but was unbelievably attractive, even the son of Korea’s Prime Minister asked you out but no one amongst these handsome guys heard a yes from you. Only that girl. She must have be special.”

 

Special. Yuri doesn’t even know what was on that girl that made her unresponsive.

 

“I told you I didn’t say yes. She was able to get away before I can even turn down her offer.”

 

“That’s exactly the point. Kwon Yuri never let a person get away with her that easily. But that mysterious girl just did. Hail her!”

 

And that was it. Yuri was not able to hold her laughter and burst out laughing with the way her bestfriend acts right now. Her cackles filled the usually quiet room where the Kwon was always concealed.

 

“What’s with you today, Taeng? You’re so expressive and noisy.” The tanned girl asked, wiping the waters formed on the edge her eyes with her outburst.

 

The midget smiled and shrugged, “I don’t even know, Yul.. Maybe because I’m just happy..”

 

Yuri stared at the Kim, “Why?”

 

“Because I’m getting a glimpse of my old buddy and I am seeing hope that she will come back..”

 

Hearing this, the tanned girl’s loud laugh died down into a small, thoughtful smile. She stared at her bestfriend with such warm eyes and for a moment, the cold façade that Yuri always use vanished—replacing a tender demeanor she once had.

 

“I was always here..”

 

Taeyeon smiled at the statement before looking through the windows, only to see the very dim surroundings of the street only lit with a lime radiance coming from the street lamps.

 

It was such a relaxing picture that somehow soothed her inside.

 

“Hey, you have a date right?” the black pearl asked.

 

Taeyeon nodded, eyes still fixed on the view outside.

 

“You should go, Tae. Prepare something wonderful for… what’s her name again??”

 

“Jessica…” Taeyeon turned her head back to Yuri with a smile. “Her name was Jessica..”

 

The tanned cop nodded and started rummaging through the papers she was ought to finish analyzing today.

 

“How about you, Yul? Won’t you prepare for your date as well??”

 

The cop paused for a second when she was about to flip a page and eventually went on, “I’m still thinking if I should go or not..”

 

Taeyeon only nodded slowly. She decided not to push the topic forward since Yuri was back in hiding behind the wall she built. It was always an instinct for the midget not to overdo her shenanigans when Yuri will be in her ‘zone’ once again.

 

“Alright. I will be going since I’ll be preparing something that my Jessica will definitely enjoy for tonight’s date.” Taeyeon exclaimed, clapping her hands once and rubbing her palms in the process.

 

“Yup. A very intimate, personal and.. fleshy date..” Yuri added, smirking at her own words as she looked up from the documents in her hands.

 

An ahjumma laugh roared inside the four-cornered room.

 

“Trust me Yul, when you get laid, you’ll be craving for more.”

 

“Eeew!” Yuri cringed at the dirty words of her friend, “I am saving this for marriage, Taeng. Thanks.”

 

The roll of Yuri’s eyes caused an eruption of another wave of an ahjumma laugh inside the Kwon’s office place. Taeyeon doesn’t mind anyways.

 

“Just go. I don’t want to hear more of your erted words.. ”

 

If Taeyeon was a stranger, she was probably offended by how Yuri rudely shoved her away. But the things is, Taeyeon was not a stranger. She is the cop’s bestfriend and she perfectly knew the ways of the cold Kwon from the very beginning until now. And nothing can change the way how she looks at the girl—a true sister.

 

“Yah. I’m still older than you, you know.” Taeyeon said with a failed attempt to sound serious and cold.

 

“Whatever. Shoo.”

 

Instead of her explosive laugh, Taeyeon chuckled this time as she checked on her wrist watch.

 

6:49

 

“Your wish is my command, your Highness. I’ll get going now. I think one hour is not enough for me to prepare things up.”

 

Looking up, Yuri nodded now without the joke face in her face.

 

Taeyeon started getting by the door after grabbing her things.

 

“Be safe, Taeng. Enjoy..”

 

“You too, honey. Don’t be the grumpy, old Yuri if ever you choose to meet her again. Bye!”

 

Before the Kwon could even retaliate, the midget already shut the door hard and went fleeing like a mad dog running for her life.

 

Am I really grumpy?

 

 

 

***

 

 

Since Kang is going to attend an undisclosed dinner with some of his market partners, you will be the hot, clandestine attendant who will serve them.

 

Yoona carefully fixed the ribbon tied around her neck, looking behind the figure who was tied on a chair—her lips sealed with a dock tape and her eyes expresses astonishment and slight fear.

 

“It suits me well, right?”

 

It took a moment for the tied woman to nod her head in approval, which gained a small smile from the doe-eyed waitress who was wearing a very thick make up and a beet red lipstick.

 

“I’m sorry I have to take your place for tonight.” Yoona completely turned her body to face the equally blonde attendant she seized.

 

“Don’t worry, though. You will still be paid in full even if you’ll not be there.”

 

There are seven businessmen, including Kang, who have reserved the entire place to meet together. I’m pretty sure tuxedos never run old for moguls like them so you can easily recognize these people.

 

Im ‘the freaking hot blonde’ Yoona got out of the staff’s locker room naturally before muttering silently, “Make sure this door won’t open until the mission’s done.”

 

“Copy that.” Jessica’s voice rang the insides of Yoona’s ears.

 

The undercover waitress simply glanced on both of her sideways to make sure no one was there before walking to the hallway on her right. The path will lead her to the door that would open to the main room where Kang is already settled.

 

Opening the door, Yoona saw two other waitresses standing almost four meters away from the table where her target and his accomplices are seated. The attendants are also dressed properly like her and the look on their faces made the doe-eyed girl think that they must have been waiting for her.

 

“Where have you been?! The guests have arrived five minutes ago. You should have been here before them! Go and do your job!” one of the standing attendants, the mid-thirties one, whispered abruptly.

 

Yoona managed to do an apologetic bow before walking towards the table with a completely blank face. She will definitely smack that woman after this mission.

 

All you have to do is to take their orders and of course, you have to take a special note on our victim’s meal and drink.

 

“Good evening gentlemen. I am Ahn Young Mi and I will be your attendant for tonight. May I take your orders??” Yoona bowed respectfully that Jessica did her best in muffling a chuckle over the line.

 

This is so not Im Yoona.

 

Most of them looked up to see a gorgeous, blonde woman asking their orders out. And like what a mouse does when the cat isn’t around, old men would play whenever their middle-aged wives are nowhere to be found.

 

“Can I take you instead, Miss?” one of the ageing men asked, his eyes wiggled as he spit out the disgusting words of persuasion.

 

Yoona covered with the piece of paper she was holding—giggling in a melodious, purely woman way that almost sent all of the fellas in the table to fall off their seats.

 

And Jessica almost choke on her Frappe after hearing it.

 

“My apologies sir but my eyes are fixed to Mr. Kang only..”

 

Hearing his name, the old man perked up from his smartphone.

 

“Me??”

 

And Yoona nodded with a slight hint of seduction.

 

The rest of the men cleared their throats and moved uncomfortably as they realized that the stunning girl’s eyes are glued to the CEO. Oh, if they only knew, they would thank her for keeping her eyes only to the Kang.

 

The old man smirked after seeing the nod from the Im.

 

“Well, since you like me that much which eventually made me happy, can you take out the most expensive meal you have here for me and my men?”

 

Yoona let out a sly smile before walking towards the old man who was seated across the table. She eventually leaned and put her luscious lips near the filthy ears of the CEO—earning a cunning grin from a Jung all the way from their shared condominium, wide eyes from the other staffs across the room, and envious stares from the rest of the old men on the table.

 

“How about I give you the most delightful menu that we only serve for a very important person like you??”

 

That breathe definitely ran shivers through the spine of the soon-to-be-dead Kang—and perhaps through the eavesdropping Jessica too?

 

The target smirked shrewdly, taking the statement as a figurative speech that he needs to read between the lines. But Yoona definitely meant the sentence she gave out—very willing to serve the man the last meal of his life.

 

“Okay. As you wish, beautiful.” His low, hoarse voice sounded so sure.

 

The blonde waitress then stood still and gazed back to the old men, flashing her innocent smile that surely blew their minds off.

 

“It will be a 20-minute wait, gentlemen.” Yoona said and bowed before walking pass the drooling people.

 

The two other staffs, who were still agaped at the boldness of the new employee they had, stared at the tall blonde who was now standing right infront of them.

 

“The most expensive meal for the most expensive men in Korea.”

 

The attendants stiffly nodded at the aura of the Im across them and was about to turn around when Yoona added, “Oh and, one order of our specialty for Mr. Kang over there. He said he wanted to taste that delicious turkey meat we have here.”

 

The two female servers once again nodded and left—leaving Yoona standing by the latter’s former place with a serious face.

 

“Standing by with approximate distance of three-hundred fifty centimeters away from the target, North Northwest from his location.”

 

“Copy that.” Yoona heard Jessica through her ears.

 

“The main entrance is clear. The chefs are already preparing the menus in the kitchen. And the lobby is empty. Since you are on the 9th floor and that story is for VVIP reservations only, I guarantee that the place is isolated from the rest.” Jessica added.

 

“Nothing strange or something??”

 

“So far, there’s nothing really going on throughout the floors but dining.. Hmm…” Jessica typed as fast as she can that the sound of the keyboard slapping was almost audible through the line.

 

“What?? Something wrong?” Yoona’s face immediately turned cautious.

 

“Eyy. The two waitresses who were with you awhile ago are already sensing something. They’re on their way back to the dining room. They’re talking about you..”

 

Yoona huffed calmly, “I’ll take care of ‘em. Shut the access at the hallway for a minute.”

 

“Copy..”

 

Without waiting for second to pass, the Im paced toward the closed door, smoothly digging up the pen in her pocket that she secured before departing from their base.

 

Getting out of the door, Yoona immediately saw the two waitress strolling towards her. They both stopped at the sight of the malicious person they are just talking about but the Im continued walking towards them.

 

“Miss Ahn, how are—“

 

But before the younger lady of the two could even finish her question, Yoona hastily grabbed the latter’s arm and rammed the point of the pen she was holding to the crook of the girl’s neck. Her thumb quickly clicked the push button on the other end of the pen—injecting a sedative that would probably knock her off for days. The woman immediately went dozed.

 

The gasp of the older woman made Yoona to snatch the plunger off the younger’s neck and hurriedly covered the mouth of the mid-thirties lady before she can even scream. She pushed her to the wall so that woman’s back was now pinned against it before staring right through her frightened eyes.

 

“Don’t worry. I do not kill those who are not in my list..” the Im said before ing the same tip of the pen she used on the exact same spot.

 

Two lifeless bodies are now sprawled on the floor. The doe-eyed blonde quickly looked at the drugged figures before dragging the two bodies by their collars towards the room where Yoona left the previous waitress she captured.

 

“Unlock the door, Sica.”

 

The computerized knob clicked and Yoona needed to let go of the other lifeless body to turn the handle.

 

She then went inside and carefully settled the two sleeping women near the blonde waitress tied around a chair. The latter’s eyes widened in astonishment at the sight of her unconscious workmates.

 

The undercover Im breathed before walking towards the widened-eyes blonde on the chair.

 

“I need you to sleep, too.”

 

With that, Yoona stuck the same sedative-filled pen on the woman’s neck that immediately dozed her off.

 

“Poor people, they’re even going to forget that this wonderful night even happened..” Jessica’s voice rang in Yoona’s ears. The drug they used will make sure that the waitresses will never remember anything like this.

 

Turning her body towards the door, Yoona paused to look at her wristwatch.

 

7:50

 

She started wondering if the cop she asked for a date is already waiting for her at the park.

 

“Let’s get moving, Yoong..” Jessica said.

 

Back to their condo, the Jung has also been contemplating about a certain midget. She was not certain as to why and how she agreed on meeting her once again tonight. But after receiving their current mission and remembering that her partner’s life is dependent on her concentration yet again, Jessica decided to set aside the thought and focus herself in the assignment.

 

“Mission: I want fickle Kang dead, part one is done. Now let’s start with the next and last part..”

 

Hearing this from her partner, the undercover killer set aside the thoughts of Kwon Yuri and left the room.

 

But then again, the two hired killers have silently inquired themselves as they continued their conspiracy to kill Kang Joon Hae.

 

Will I be able to make it on time?

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hi there! I’m sorry if this chap is not what you expected it to be. But I’m working on it, my dear readers.

 

It’s just that, I was reading tons of articles for the five-page essay I need to make for a major subject while encoding this chapter. It was funny and stressing at the same time that I was clicking over the multiple tabs I opened, read the critiques and then back to MS Word to write this one. I just hope I didn’t scramble things in my head and mistakenly entered the stuff I need to write for my essay, though.

 

Am I making sense? Do tell if I don’t >.<

 

By the way, thank you for those who cared enough to tell me to get better. I am okay now. Thank you guys! You were one of the reasons I insisted to recuperate. But, I’m afraid college stuffs will push me down to sickness once again. I hope not >.<

 

Your comments are encouraging your amateur author here to do better. Thank you for the support! The subs, the views, the upvotes. Wow. You guys are great :) Thank you! ^^

 

Keep supporting SNSD and YoonYul ^^