Chapter 5

Life Behind the Wolf's Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Chapter 5 

Lost, that was how Elana felt. Like a child who loses his mom in a store. Perfectly fine until he looks around only to notice he is all alone. That's what happened to Elana. Panic, fear, loneliness, every negative emotion she had been pushing out of her mind since she had landed in this strange world swarmed in on her the second Luhan had left her alone in the spare room. 

He had led her to a small, simple room. With a nightstand, that held nothing but a small candle lantern. A basic wooden chest lay at the foot of the quilt-covered bed, and wooden chair sat in the corner. The room was bare. The room was dark. The room was nothing like she was used to, it wasn't her room. It wasn't home. Once Luhan had left her alone, the floodgates holding back her emotions opened. 

Large, quiet tears fell down her cheeks. She stood with her back to the closed door, letting everything that had built up over the past few hours become exposed to the empty room. She was scared, not of werewolves, or forced marriage, or being eaten alive by some forest animals. Elana was scared she would never be able to get back home, that she would never be able to see her friends again, or her parents. Her dog would be all alone too. The regret she felt was also strong. Elana didn't express her feelings, so she hardly ever told anyone that she loved them.

 How would they all feel when they realized she had just disappeared? Or would they even notice, maybe once she had stepped into this new time they had all forgotten her? 

"No," Elana wiped the tears from her eyes. "Worrying will get you nowhere, Elana. Just calm down and think. What has happened so far, maybe there is an answer." She took in a few deep breaths, moving to sit on the bed. She groaned, the mattress was lumpy and uncomfortable. Elana pressed her hand into the mattress feeling at the stuffing. Straw. Huffing o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter