Chapter 32

Life Behind the Wolf's Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 32

(sorry, it's not really edited yet)

"I really do not think that splitting up is a good idea." Kyungsoo crossed his arms, his face serious as he spoke. There were tiny wrinkles in the space between his eyebrows, the only real indication of how the idea of breaking the pack into two groups unnerved him.

 

"No, trust me. This is the best plan." Baekhyun spoke. Chanyeol nodding behind him. Obviously his best friend would agree with him. Even though Kyungsoo knew Chanyeol wasn't so sure of the plan either. "We need to find Sehun, but I think we need to make sure Suho and the rest are safe too. We can accomplish that faster if we split up."

 

"Trust me," Kyungsoo squared his shoulders. Trying to make himself seem bigger and therefore more reliable as a leader. "I understand why you would believe that to be the best plan. But just think about it for a second. If Suho, Kai, Xiumin, and Elana did not make it back by now then they must have run into some trouble. Those three are some of the most capable of the pack, so it is not just them getting lost. If they were not able to handle it, then what makes you think that three of us could be any different? I am concerned too, but if they need our help, I think we will need the strength of the whole pack. Sehun included."

 

"By the time we find Sehun in this snow it could be too late for Suho and the rest." Baekhyun wasn't going to back down. Sehun was very important, but so were the others. What if it was already too late. Baekhyun had to know, he had to find out. To have a least say that they had tried to help. Kyungsoo was about to retort, when Lay shushed him. Placing his hand before him in a signal of silence.

 

All of them tensed, ears listening for whatever Lay had sensed. They were all so focused on listening they failed to notice the bubbly warm feeling they were all so familiar with, that began to crawl from the pits of their stomachs up their spines.

 

"Well, " a groan followed, then a deep intake of air. "It is good to know that in my absence you are all still capable of taking care of yourselves." Happiness filled them, they would recognize that voice anywhere. They all turned to Suho, their faces of joy instantly fading at the sight of him bruised and bloodied. He was leaning against a tree, cloak draped around his shoulders, and he was alone.

 

There was silence as Lay and Kyungsoo ran over to begin helping him, until Chanyeol's voice echoed in the stillness. "Where are the others?"

 

Suho grimaced, the memories of the night before flooding his mind. "Elana and Kai should be on their way here. Xiumin..." Suho looked down, he knew they weren't going to like what he was going to say. "Xiumin got captured." There was an uproar of voices questions and statements of disbelief rambled through the air.

 

"How?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter