Chapter 15

Life Behind the Wolf's Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

As the sun rose above the horizon, it reached it's warm rays of light out across the valley. Stretching and growing until the tips of the light crawled passed the windows of the east side of the inbuilt castle. Gently the sun reached out, caressing it's warmth and light against Elana's cheek, stirring her from her sleep. She squinted into the morning light, processing her surroundings.

 

She had fallen asleep in Xiumin's room curled up in the middle of his bed. At some point in the night a quilt had been pulled up over her, and as she tried to move Elana realized that Xiumin had curled his large wolf body around hers. He lay on top of the quilt, his head resting on the space next to her hip. Her own head having been snuggled against Xiumin's belly. Carefully Elana shifted, pulling the warm quilt off of her body. Instantly she regretted the decision. Frosty air grazed her skin, her hair standing on end, chills and Goosebumps permeating across her body. Elana yanked the quilt back over her, attempting to stop the reminder that winter was on its approach. She shivered into the quilt, sinking down against Xiumin's fur.

 

Elana pulled herself closer to his body, as she could feel the heat radiating from him. He was like the breathing, fluffy version of her electric blanket back home. Another feeling of iciness spread through Elana's body. Only this time, it had nothing to do with temperature. Instead it was an overwhelming feeling of loneliness and alienation. Elana felt tears beginning to form. No, not going to happen, she forced the tears down, pushing the nostalgic thoughts of home away. Crying wouldn't help her get home.

 

Home, that was her main goal. Not who to trust, or what to think, no, all she had to do was find a way back to her time. A thought crossed her mind as she sat cuddled in bed. It was a long shot, but at the moment, it was all she could think of doing. Elana sat up again, this time keeping the quilt tightly wrapped around her. She scanned the room, looking for the bag that had been brought along with her. It was resting where she had first seen it, lying on the trunk at the foot of the bed.

 

Elana ran over, flinching at the cold temperatures of the stone floor against her feet. But she ignored it the best she could. Reaching into the front pocket, Elana pulled out her phone, and solar powered charger. She plugged her phone in, then place the devices on a chair next to the window. If she was lucky her phone would work, and she would be able to call someone for help. But until the phone was charged, she would have to wait.

 

No longer capable of standing on the cold floors, Elana leapt into the bed. Startling a sleeping Xiumin awake.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter