Chapter 34

Life Behind the Wolf's Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 34


 

The door closed behind him with a dull thud. The aged house frame shaking from the impact. The mayor strode through his front room towards His office, his servants scurrying out of his way. Normally, on a good day, the mayor would have yelled at his workers for their incompetence. But today was a great day. No, today was the day that he has finally been waiting for. Years had passed with not a single day seemingly reaching closer to his revenge. But today, today was the day that revenge was finally taking fruition, and the mayor could not have been more pleased. So, he chose not to yell at the imbeciles that worked for him. Instead giddily closing his office door behind him.

 

"Do you not believe that perhaps you may be getting ahead of yourself, my dear little mouse?"

 

The giddiness was gone. The cold, lonely, hate-filled voice all happiness from him. Even if the happy feeling had been for not-so-good reasons. The mayor turned curtly around lowering his head in a bow at the woman sitting in his office chair her long fingernails covered in fresh blood as she tapped them daintily across the top of his desk. She was a sickening woman. Even Lonán the master of the Soul Hunters, who was merely one step below the God of death, choked in her oppressive presence.  "Madame," the mayor kept his eyes trained on the floor. "We have finally achieved success. Your puppet has finally caught one of the wolves. Now it is only a matter of time until-"

 

"Until what, mousy? Until you can finally kill the pack of 'saviors' that so easily destroyed your family?" The woman elegantly stood from her seat, much like a princess standing from her throne. The mayor didn't move as she made her way towards him. Her long dark blue dress trailing behind her. She circled him, testing him, tasting his fear and nerves. Too bad she couldn't just kill him now. Taking one of her blood coated nails she traced a line across his neck, relishing in the goose bumps that formed across his skin. It would be too easy to just his life away right now. "Did you not stop to think, Mousy, that maybe the rest of the pack might come to save your little-captured pup?"

 

The mayor truly despised this woman, but he would do anything to pay back the life that they stole away from him. Though he wanted to yell at her like she was one of his servants he knew that would be his death, so instead the mayor tried to keep his breathing steady as he began to speak, "I have thought of that. Which is why I did not start this plan without having their two brothers completely under my control. The wolves will not even think of killing their own brothers. But as for Luhan and Kris, they have long since forgotten the blood ties between them, and I have nurtured their hatred for the rest of the wolves to such a level that those two will not have any problems killing them, even if they did use to be apart of the pack."


 

"Tsk, tsk. You poor little mouse. I only took your heart, but to think you also lack a brain. The pack in on the way now, If you do not kill the fiend now, it will be too late! And I for one, will not lose my revenge because of your stupid little plan." Digging her fingernails into his neck, she pulled out a black diamond dagger hidden amongst her clothes. Then leaning close to the mayor's face she spoke ever so softly, but in a voice whittled down and sharper than death. "I want you to turn around and head right back to the wolf that you so arrogantly claimed to have caught. I want you to take this knife," She pointed the tip of the dagger in her hand right between his eyes. Gently tapping the aged skin with the sharp point. "And I want you to KILL IT!" Her voice rising in fury and hatred. "Do I make myself clear, little mouse?" The mayor only nodded stiffly. "Good."

 

She placed the knife into his hand and patted him on the top of his head, before sauntering back to the chair, a little giggle escaping past her lips. The mayor didn't say a word as he gripped the knife and left towards the small abandoned house caging the wolf.


 

-----


 

The battle cry of a wolf's howl filled the still morning air, it was Kyungsoo's howl. Xiumin would have recognized it anywhere. Calm yet fierce, the howl signaled a warning but also was a sign for Xiumin that they weren't going to leave him behind. And while it did bring a sense of comfort to the wolf he couldn't help but wonder where Suho was. It should have been his howl that had sounded the arrival of the auxiliary. The previous fight with the Sluagh must have damaged Suho more than he originally thought. He just hoped in his entirety that Elana was safe. That she had managed to get away and somehow survive through the onslaught of snow that had fallen that night. But if Xiumin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter