Chapter 3

Life Behind the Wolf's Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Chapter 3

Not even five minutes later Luhan and Elana walked into a small village. The sun shining it's final rays of light down on the pair. Elana glanced around at the buildings around her. All of them were single-story buildings, except one two-story building in the center of town, as well as four watchtowers placed around the borders. Elana assumed the building in the middle of town was probably the hotel and eatery. As Elana inspected the buildings with a mild fascination she unknowingly slowed down, causing the distance between herself and Luhan to grow. 

"Please, come this way. There is not much time until the sun sets, we need to get inside before that happens." Luhan spoke as he walked, with a purpose, towards Border Control's main office. Elana, however, did not respond, she had fallen too far behind to hear Luhan's comment. 

Completely taken in by the sights around her, the old-fashioned village looked like something someone might see in any one of those famous fantasy films like Lord of the Rings or Narnia. Maybe even a bit like Harry Potter. Being the complete and total nerd that Elana was, this dinky town was complete heaven. It was like all of the fantasy stories she had ever read had come to life and were just laying before her. To make things even better she was wearing a costume that completely fit her fantastical ideas. The only thing missing was a wig and proper shoes...and people, Elana noticed. Even though the sun still lit up the sky, and various torches were lit up along the roads, there was not a single person in sight. It seemed strange to her really, that nobody was out, and now that she was looking she suddenly felt a sense of panic start to seep into her as she realized Luhan was also nowhere to be seen. 'Okay calm down Elana, no need to panic. Just don't move from this spot and that Luhan guy will find you eventually. Yeah, just do what adults always tell you to do when lost.' Elana pushed the panic that had started to rise to back down, she took a deep breath and pulled up her indifferent attitude. Elana sighed, today was just not her day. Glancing around again, Elana noticed a fountain with benches surrounding it a bit down the street, "Well no point in standing and waiting." 

---

Luhan oblivious to the lost female finally reached his destination. "Okay, this is where you will have to stay for tonight since we do not have a hotel in this town. I hope that is alright with you Elana," Luhan turned at this point looking for an answer. Only to find nothing. "Elana? Elana!" Luhan called hoping to hear an answer of some kind. Nothing, no response. With a quick glance at the setting sun, he knew he had less than two minutes to find Elana. Less than two minutes before they would be allowed to enter the town. With that thought in mind, Luhan sprinted back the way he had come calling Elana's name.

---

"Is it time yet?" a dark figure with a husky voice questioned.

"Give it about two minutes, and remember, we are only looking for the letters. So do not even try repeating what you did last time I brought you along." another male, this one much shorter than the first, responded.

"What?! Why not? You have to admit it was really hilarious, the looks on their faces were priceless. The ignorant fools"

The shorter male glared at the taller one, "If you repeat your actions, I will not hesitate to leave you in the pit with the other two. You may have 'matured' but you are still one of the youngest, and I will not have you put any one of us in danger. Do you understand?" The tall male shrunk as the older's eyes blazed red.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter