Chapter 33

Life Behind the Wolf's Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cover photo designed by overdosedbyexo9339

Not edited.

 

Chapter 33

 

Kris couldn't explain the uneasiness he felt as he currently trekked through the snow. When Luhan had barged into His office a triumphant grin on his face, proclaiming he had caught one. relief had flooded him. Only now as Luhan lead the way to where the beast-man was being kept. The Mayor and Bran walking with them, did a weird sense overcome him. Kris did his best to bottle it up though, some odd instinct told him that he had to rely on himself now. Not a soul in his town, not even his best friend could be trusted at this point.

 

The small group walked in anticipated silence, toward the founders old house located outside the wall of main Daor town. Only two high ranking guards went with them. As the old house came into view, the mayor began to cackle in delight. A piercing kind of laugh that could only come from a man who had lost his soul to evil. Kris wondered why he had never realized just how evil the man was. Bran remind quite, only a subtle smirk crossed his face as they stopped in the house entrance. Luhan waved his hand and the Sluagh guarding the door back away.

 

"Men, I present to you the greatest feat in Daor town, the capture of a beast-man." Luhan proclaimed his victory. Kris could barely recognize his friend. The door swung open and there laying chained to the floor was a wolf. Silver eyes piercing out from the darkness of the structure. The scent of blood permeating off of him. A low fear-sending growl rolled from his throat. Yet, the only one who seemed affected was Kris. Again a weird feeling overcame him. He knew this wolf. Luhan felt it again too, but continued to shake the familiarity off as foe.

 

The mayor screeched in delight, a crazy look overcoming his features. "Yes!" He sauntered over to Luhan placing his greasy hands on his shoulders. "Good job, my boy." The life flickered from his eyes for a moment coming back almost in full black as a satanic grin spread over his lips. "Now get some answers from him," there was a pause as the mayor walked toward the door. His gaze running over the three young men. "by any means necessary." Then he left cackling all the way back to town.

 

Luhan met gazes with Kris, a look Kris recognized as false hope. Now he knew. Luhan wasn't just getting revenge for Elana but somehow had started gaining an enjoyment from it. A purpose for living that was false, and it was his fault.

 

Luhan turned to the wolf, to Xiumin., the chains still digging into his flesh adding more to the injuries. He drew his sword. standing firmly but still as a safe distance, in front of him. "Was it you beast? Where you the one that killed her? Where you the one that tore her to shreds?" As Luhan spoke he ran the tip of his sword along the raw flesh of Xiumin's legs. creating thin cuts across him. Luhan bent down in front of Xiumin their eyes equal. Xiumin the whole time had not moved once inch. except for the initial growl, he stood stoically, unafraid.

 

Luhan smirked, "You are going to answer my questions, if you don't want to die you had better turn into a man. Or I will beat you until you do. Did she taste good?" When Luhan got no response he pushed the blade of his sword further into his skin. When Xiumin didn't respond to the pain anger took over Luhan in unnatural waves. He yanked his sword back yelling down at the wolf before him. "I asked you a question you horrendous beast. Did Elana taste good when you and your pack of demons consume her flesh!"

 

With no answer, Luhan drew back his sword, ready to take a limb. At this point completely consumed by the darkness he had let in. All his actions controlled by not himself. "Ahhh, you will answer me!"

 

"Stop!" Swords clashed together and Luhan flew back to the ground, his own sword clattering to the ground next to him. Luhan looked up. Bran, this whole time standing in silence, leaned against the wall behind him, fear falling across his face as he watched Kris defend the wolf. Damn, for some reason the hypnosis did last on Kris. Was it his old instincts or maybe the guilt.? Either was this wasn't looking good for him, or the plans the Mistress had laid out.

 

"What are you doing Kris?" Luhan seethed.

 

Kris frowned, this had gone on long enough. forget his pride. The truth was coming out. "The beast-man did not kill Elana. The whole thing was staged. Luhan you had been so depressed I thought that if I convinced you of her passing that I would get you back. That I could make you stronger and show you that the Beast-man could not be trusted. But all I did was create a monster."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter