Chapter 2

Life Behind the Wolf's Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

"Halt right there, Lady!"

A shiver danced it's way up Elana's spine, sending millions of tingles spreading across her nerve endings. She was scared, and who wouldn't be. She was in an unknown place, with an unknown man throwing commands at her. Elana froze in her place, carefully glancing over her shoulder at the owner of the voice. A young man was walking towards her, a frown gracing his features. He was quite tall, not the tallest guy she'd ever met, but still much taller than Elana's five foot six stature. 

"What are you doing out here? Do you not know that women and children are not allowed to leave the town after six, or are you trying to get yourself killed?" 

"What?" Elana turned around, fully facing the man. All of her fear and caution gone after the man's comment. As she eyed him she noticed that he was a looker, but a little on the 'wimpy man' side, as her dad liked to call it. Basically, he looked like he walked straight out of an anime. "I'm sorry, but what was that about women not being allowed? I don't know what century you think you live in, but I'm living in the 21st century and I can do whatever the hell I want." If there was anything Elana hated, it was men with control issues. The thing is that she would usually agree with what they were demanding, but would always do the opposite just because she hated being told what to do. Especially when the person telling her what to do believed she couldn't think for herself. 

The man looked peeved at Elana's words, He gave her a good once over, squinting his brown eyes at her. Slowly his anger and frustration slipped from his face, as a look of understanding replacing the scary expression from before. "You are not from around here, are you? I do not think I have seen you before, now that I have had a closer look."

"uh, well" Elana paused, how was she supposed to answer that? She didn't even know the answer. "Uhm, actually, wait... Elana what are you doing! Don't talk to strange men." Elana turned away from the man, as she started conversing with herself. A habit she had whenever she was extremely nervous, or alone. "You don't even know his name, he could be a killer. Yes, in fact, you should run, then perhaps we can find that store and then go finish that history paper." Elana grabbed the straps of her bag, and took a step forward, only to run into a moss covered wall. "Ouch!" Elana held her nose in her hand, rubbing the pain away. She glanced up and saw the man now standing in front of her. "Weren't you standing behind me, like, two seconds ago?"

The man sighed, "Yes, but then you started talking about running away, and although I do not know you, I can not allow a woman to head straight into danger. You are not from here, as I can now tell, which means you are not familiar with the dangers in this forest." 

Elana stared straight ahead, her focus fading as she entered her mind. "He has a point, I have no clue where I am, or how I even got here." She was scared, though she would never show it, one of her defining traits, or lack thereof. Elana found negative emotions useless, she always hid them unless she was around someone she was very close to. But even getting clos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter