Chapter 27

Life Behind the Wolf's Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 27

 

"Watch out!"

 

Chen dove to the side crashing into a chair, and tumbling to the floor in a pile of broken wood. He popped up, wiping the sweat that ran into his eyes, continuing his chase after Sehun. The pack was trying to get the youngest into the stone room, but without Suho, the alpha, it was seemingly impossible. It was six against one, but Sehun was showing no signs of slowing anytime soon. His instincts were in control of his body, even the mass amounts of pain he was going through didn't stop him.

 

Sehun had, earlier, gotten ahold of Tao's leg ripping the skin to the bone. Temporarily paralyzing him. Chen had dragged Tao into a room and locked him in as a safety precaution. That was about the time Kyungsoo had rushed off to find Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Lay. Leaving Chen to face Sehun on his own.

 

Chen and Sehun circled around each other. Sehun growled in warning. Chen really wished he could just let Sehun go, but for Sehun's sake and for the packs sake, he couldn't. Chen waited, looking for a weakness anything that would give him an opening. Blood ran down and mahted Sehun's fur. Chen couldn't tell where it came from, or if it was even Sehun's. The blood could have very well been Tao's. Then Chen had his opportunity, Sehun's front leg popped out of socket with a loud snap.(As is normal during a Céimniú, the body breaks itself apart and trains itself how to morph into the new form) He crumbled to the floor wheezing in pain. Chen jumped at him, attempting to pin the wolf to the floor.

 

Sehun was in pain, and bleeding. He couldn't stand at the moment but he had to get out. He had to find her, his instincts screamed at him to followed her scent. He closed his jaws around Chen's arm biting down until he heard a snap, but Chen refused to let go.

 

"Chen!" At that moment Kyungsoo ran in, the rest following behind. They circled around Sehun, chains in hand.

 

"No way," Sehun growled out. He wasn't going to allow himself to get locked up. He kicked Chen off of him, rolling onto his three good legs. He wasn't going down without a fight.

 

-----

 

The surreal feeling Elana had first felt when she had entered Daor Town was back. Only this time much stronger. A wintery fog had settled over the town, visible from the almost full moons' rays of silver light. Sneaking through town with a werewolf next to her added to the allurement. Elana felt like she was in a movie, the starring role in a popular fantasy film. As she and Xiumin ran quietly through the thin cobblestone walkways, Elana smiled. Holding the edges of her cloak out so that it flowed behind her gracefully.

 

They made their first pickup successfully. A small cloth wrapped package hidden under a loose stone in a secluded part of the road. The second pickup stop was empty, the space between the tree roots dry and bare. Leaving the town square the final destination.  

 

Town square, as it turned out was the very spot that Elana had met Suho her first night here. The fountain and benches sat as Elana remembered them. Resting in a foggy glow that extended out from the lanterns. Elana sat on the bench like before wrapping her cloak tighter around her, watching the way her white breath blew in the swirling wind. Xiumin jumped onto the bench next to her, pressing in close to share his warmth.

 

"I met Suho here. This is where he found me and helped me find Luhan." Elana paused in her thoughts. She had somewhat forgotten about Luhan...and Kris. They had been generous to her, fed her, gave her a place to stay. Elana wondered if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter