Chapter 9

Life Behind the Wolf's Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

Waking up after a refreshing sleep, is one of the most satisfying things. Laying wrapped in warm, cozy blankets, snuggled up against the family dog, and not having to worry about anything. Elana sighed in content as she woke. Rubbing her fingers through the fur of the animal sleeping next to her, her gaze locked on the ceiling. "You know, Simon," Simon was the name of her family pet, a German Shepard. "I had the weirdest dream last night, I ended up in some strange world where I... well I don't really know actually. I got kidnapped, that was kinda scary." Elana continued to stare, dazed, at the ceiling her mind wandered in thought. Slowly her eyes drifted towards the window in the room, the sun was up, she had slept through a good part of the morning. "OH MY GOSH!" Elana flung the sheets off her body, springing out of the bed. "I'm late for school. Oh man Mrs, Ridgemans going to kill me." Elana turned to run into her bathroom only to freeze. The bathroom door was gone. Elana frowned in confusion, she glanced around.

 

"This isn't my room." She looked at the bed, the dog she had been petting was sitting, watching her. His head tilted to the side, the blankets she had thrown lay draped over him. "And you're not my dog." Realization began to settle into her mind. It hadn't been a dream, she had been chucked into a strange world, lost, and kidnapped.

 

Elana's eyes widened, she had been kidnapped! She looked down at herself, she was still wearing her dress, but her cloak, bag, and shoes were missing. Frantically she looked around the room, calming down only slightly when she located her missing things resting on a trunk at the foot of the bed. She ran over to her things, checking her bag for anything missing. Everything was exactly as she had left it. Even her phone, which she had slipped into the bag's front pocket during her attempt at escape, was still there.

 

She sank to the floor, she had all her stuff, which was reassuring, but she really didn't know what to do. "Should I try escaping?" Elana had whispered to herself. A low growl rumbled at the foot of the bed, followed by a soft whine. Elana glanced up at the sound, the large dog, she assumed it was a Husky or perhaps an Alaskan Malamute, was lying there looking at her with somber eyes. Panic and worry slipped away from her mind. Elana loved animals, dogs especially, so she couldn't help but want to cuddle the animal when he looked at her with such sad eyes.

 

"Don't look at me like that." Elana moved to the edge of the bed reaching her hand out slowly, she paused before petting him, watching to see if he would allow the touch. He her hand reassuringly before pressing his head to her hand. She smiled, as she began to scratch between his ears "And besides, you're the kidnapper's pet, right? That would make you some kind of guard dog. Which means you and I can't be friends." He huffed in response, growling in disapproval. "What? It's true, if I try to run away then it's the guard dogs job to stop me. "

 

"Well, then it is a good thing he is not a guard dog."

 

Elana froze, she recognized that voice. She had only heard it once before, but she knew who the voice belonged too. She turned slowly, meeting gazes with the man that had helped her find Luhan. "You," Elana gaped, she had thought he was a nice guy yet here he was. "You kidnapped me. Why, what do you want with me?"

 

"Technically I was not the one that kidnapped you, although I did have a role in it. My name name is Suho, by the way." Suho watched as Elana backed away, his brother having hopped off the bed at this point, sensing the girls rising fear. He pressed up against her, curling his body around hers so that he was between Suho and Elana. His back reaching

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter