Discovery

Fake, False, Fantasy

"To my readers: 'Mistakes are the portal to discovery' 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan was in the middle of a conferance meeting. 

"This is not acceptable! I have told you I need this done by today" Luhan slammed the papers onto the large table making everyone in the room jump. Luhan placed his hands on his hip. 

"I--I'm so-oo ...so--rry...s-ir" The man in front of him stuttered. Everyone at the table were frightened. It didn't matter if they had seen this before, they were so scared they were frozen in place and beads of sweat on their foreheads appeared, afraid to go up next and present their presentation to their boss. 

"How could you mess this up! Do you know how important this is?" Luhan yelled which made the man infront almost faint. Luhan's phone buzzed on the table with a message popping up. 

Kris: man, I could hear you yell from here, everyone outside is watching. It's looks like they are watching a horror film and the guy in front of you looks like he is going to throw up. 

Luhan read the message. He looked around the table realising no one could look him in the eye and each one had their heads down.He turned around and realised many people watching outside the conference room as the walls to the conference room was complete glass but got back to their business and Kris who stood at the glass pointing at the man in front of the board looked as if he was having a minor spasm. 

"Get this done by the end of the day Mr Choi. Or else you can say goodbye to your job" Luhan stated. 

"This meeting is over" Luhan said coldly and left the room. 

"Scary much, dude if I haden't been your friend for a long time, I would have passed out" Kris said as he walked beside Luhan 

"I just don't like it when people disappoint me" Luhan said. Kris was one of his closest friends and like a brother to him. He understood Luhan's attitude towards work as he saw Luhan grow up under the influence of his uncle. The most scariest man on the planet. 

"Luhan maybe you should go home from lunch, you seem in a better mood after seeing Sehun" Kris suggested. 

"Your right" Luhan said as he took out his phone to text Suho. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am sorry Miss Seo but we cannot give you a loan. Considering the amount of money needed our loans cannot help you" The bank advisor told her on the other line. 

"Please Sir, I need just a bit of money to pay the bills" Seohyun pleaded on the phone, frustrated lead her to fidget with the telephone cable. 

"I am sorry but I cannot. Although I advise you to sell the bakery. You will get enough money to pay your bills as well as extra money" The advisor told her. 

"Thankyou, I will think about it" Seohyun defeated, hanged up and placed her palms on her face. 

"I'm sorry Seo" Amber placed her hand on Seohyun's shoulder. 

"You know what? It's okay, I can do this" Seohyun stood up straight and shrugged her problems off. 

"But Seo ple..." Amber was interrupted by a bell coming from the front of the bakery. 

"We have a customer" Seohyun lit up. 

"Hello, what would you like" Seohyun said as she walked to the counter seeing a woman holding a child's hand. 

"Hello, what cupcakes do you sell?... Sehun here has been begging for one" The woman asked her. 

"Aww, hi sweetie what kind of cupcake would you like?" Seohyun giggled with a warm smile. 

The cute young child pointed at a box placed in the display. Seohyun looked and saw he was pointing at the box of cupcakes with different assortments. 

"Okay. I will get that for you" Seohyun said with a smile to the child, earning a small smile from him in return. 

"No thankyou, this is too much Sehun" The woman scolded him. Seohyun felt sad for him. 

"It's okay, it's half price and plus you can share this with your omma" Seohyun said to him, indicating to the woman. 

"Oh no I'm not his omma. I'm his nanny, Hyoyeon." She introduced herself to Seohyun. 

"Hello I'm Seohyun and who is this cutie?" Sehun blushed from getting a compliment from the pretty lady. Seohyun waved at him. Suddenly the babysitter's phone buzzed and she looked at the message. 

Mr Xi Luhan: I am on my way home to have lunch with Sehun. 

"Sehun, your father is going to have lunch with you today" Hyoyeon informed the young boy. 

"Yay!" The boy jumped. Seohyun was surprised as the boy was shy at first but seeing his reaction made her think that the boy's father must be really something. 

"He's so happy" Seohyun giggled at the boy's celebration. 

"Yes, he loves his father and eventhough his father tries he can never spend as much time with him. His father is busy most of the time." Seohyun felt pity for the young boy. 

"What about his mother?" Seohyun asked. 

"My boss doesn't really discuss these things with me" Hyoyeon whispered to which Seohyun understood. Hyoyeon didn't want be rude but she couldn't discuss such information with a stranger. 

"These are half off for you Sehun and you can share this with your appa" Seohyun said with a smile. 

"Are you sure?" Hyoyeon asked. 

"Yes ofcourse, the other half you can pay by a smile" She said to Sehun who gave a big smile. Seohyun chuckled as she went around the counter and gave the bag with the cupcake box to Hyeoyon. Also earning a hug from Sehun as he wrapped his arms around her waist. She hugged him back and walked them out of the store. 

"Nice meeting you, come again" Seohyun waved from the door of her store. 

"You too." Hyoyeon turned back while waving as Sehun waved as well.

"We will!" Sehun shouted which made Seohyun chuckle again.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan's house. 

mansion2.png

"APPA!" Sehun shouted as he ran towards his father who was standing at the entrance of their house. 

"Sehun!" Luhan opened up his arms. Sehun ran into his father's arms as Luhan lifted him up in the air. They both laughed at the presence of each other. This was the warm side to Luhan his co workers never knew. He carried his son inside. 

"Appa we bought dessert for you!" Sehun told his father. 

"Really! Thanks Sehun" Luhan said to his son. Luhan mouthed thankyou to Hyoyeon. She then brought the cupcakes to the kitchen. Luhan and Sehun sat in the diningroom with Luhan at the top with Sehun sat to his right. 

"Appa, how was your day?" Sehun asked. 

"It was okay, although I miss you" Luhan answered as he ruffled Sehun's hair. 

"I miss you too Appa, Why don't you take me to your work so I can see what you do? and Appa, someday I will help you" Sehan said proudly earning a chuckle from his father. 

"Son, someday you will run the company." Luhan placed his hand on the young boy's shoulders. 

"Why Appa?" The confused boy asked. 

"Sehun, someday when I'm gone the company will be yours" Luhan said while Sehun took a bite from his chicken. 

"Appa, where are you going?" Sehun panicked. Luhan realised he is too young to know. 

"When I'm tired and I need rest or on vacation" Luhan reassured Sehun. 

"Ofcourse Appa. I will look after the company" Sehun said determined. 

"That's my boy" Luhan was so proud of Sehun, so young although he was so brave and intelligent. 

"Appa, where's omma?" Sehun asked out of the blue. Luhan choked on his food. 

"Why so sudden Sehun?, I almost chocked" Luhan tried to compose himself in front of his son. 

"A lady asked where my omma was and I don't even know my omma" Sehun explained

"Ummm, Sehun, your omma, well your omma was with you when you were young but then she had to leave because of her job." Luhan lied. 

"When will I see her" Sehun asked wondering about his omma. It didn't really bother Sehun before because he though it was normal to have one parent and besides Luhan was the best. 

"Appa will contact her but like me, she is very busy" Luhan said. 

"But--" Sehun was interrupted when his attention shifted. 

"CUPCAKES" Sehun lit up. Luhan turned his attention to the cupcakes that was placed in front of him and Sehun. They both took a bite at the same time. 

"Wow, this is soo good" Sehun shouted. 

"Yes, it's really something" Luhan looked at the cupcake getting an idea. 

After lunch Luhan went to the kitchen with Sehun and placed him onto the counter. 

"Hyoyeon, where did you get those cupcakes?" Luhan asked. 

"Ohh sir, from a small bakery near the bridge when Sehun wanted to see the water." Hyoyeon responded. 

"Appa! The lady there was really nice and she let me pay half the price with my smile" Sehun said proudly which earned a laugh from Luhan, Hyoyeon and the cooks.

"Well you are my son" Luhan hugged the boy. 

While Sehun was playing on his PlayStation Luhan was on his phone texting Kris. 

Luhan: Kris, I found a place who might be able to cater the party.

Kris: Cool man. Where is it? 

Luhan: Near the bridge. I will visit it before I go back to work. 

Kris: Cool man, be careful. Some people from SM work there and be nice. 

Luhan laughed. Luhan kissed Sehun on his head and left him in the hands of Hyoyeon. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan drove to the bakery and stared at how different it was to the city. It felt warm and cosy. He entered the bakery seeing a beautiful young lady with her attention placing desserts on display. Luhan knocked on the glass of the display case catching her attention. 

"I am so sorry sir, what can I help you--" Seohyun stopped seeing the young man's face. He looked so handsome causing her heart to beat and her temperature to rise. Their eyes met and they stared at each other lost in their moment. 

"Seohyun I--" Amber came from the back and felt like she interrupted a moment. 

"I'm sorry" Amber made a U- line and went back in. 

"I'm sorry sir, what would you like?" Seohyun's voice became hoarse. She waited for his answer as Luhan who has snapped out of his daze couldn't help but stare at the girl. He couldn't wonder why he felt so nervous. He was usually confident. He could speak in front of hundreds of people with confidence and command but to this one girl he could not utter a word. After pulling himself together he answered. 

"Do you cater?" Luhan asked in a smooth voice.  

"Yes umm we do it's just that we haven't catered in a long time" Seohyun said as each word coming from made it harder for her to breath. 

"Can you cater this saturday? I hope that it's not too late" Luhan tried to resist the urge to stutter by preparing what he was going to say in his head. 

"Yes that's fine. We are not usually busy" Seohyun replied as she looked around the empty bakery. Which made Luhan look behind him and understood her point. 

"Would you like to have a sample of the desserts?" Seohyun brought his attention back to her. 

"No thankyou, my son and his babysitter came in earlier and I tried your desserts at home. I was very impressed and I need a caterer to do desserts for a business party" Luhan informed her. 

"Your Sehun's father!" Seohyun shouted making Luhan step back. 

"I'm sorry but he is just so cute" Seohyun smiled to herself. Luhan understood and gave her a warm smile. 

"Now I know where he gets it from" Seohyun blurted but upon realising what she said she immediately froze. 

"No I didn't mean it like that, I meant that you both are good-looking and um---" Seohyun panicked. 

Luhan chuckled and found her cute. The fact that she swas honest made him smile but tried to contain his blush as the blood rushed to his cheecks. 

"It's okay I understand what you mean. And he is my son" Luhan smiled at her causing Seohyun to blush. 

"Sehun was really happy when Hyoyeon said he was going to have lunch with you, he seems you are really close with him" Seohyun said as she got out a pen and paper. 

"I try but it's hard being a father" Luhan admitted which he actully didn't know why he would admit such a thing to a stranger. Seohyun smiled before picking up the pen. 

"It will get better plus Sehun seems to be a good kid. So how many would you like?" She asked. 

"The box, do you do those cupcakes in cake form?" Luhan asked as Seohyun nodded. 

"Well five of each" Luhan placed his hands in his pocket. 

"Twelve cupcakes times by 5 is 60 cakes" Seohyun said. 

"Is that okay?" Luhan asked trying to catch her eye. 

"Yes sir, no problem" Seohyun smiled. 

"Here's your receipt and my card if you want to call" Luhan smirked. He did want to call her. 

"I mean for business purposes" She said as Luhan felt disapointed. 

"Ofcouse.. MRS Seo" Luhan read the family name on the card - 'Seo residence' 

"I'm not married and you can call me Seohyun" Seohyun said which made Luhan feel relieved that she wasn't married.

"Is that what your boyfriend calls you?" Luhan asked. Sneakily trying to get her information. 

"I don't have a boyfriend" Luhan felt happy for some reason but snapped back to his senses when he remembered Sehun and... Yoona. 

"Okay Seohyun, it's nice meeting you. I will call for the address" Luhan said as he walked out of the bakery. Both their heartbeats went back to normal as they seperated. Both were wondering why they felt so strange. Luhan got into his car and drove to work as Seohyun went to the back and started to plan the cakes for her 'boss'.